Things I have learned about weight loss:

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

1. You cannot do it because someone else told you how bad you are if you don't do it. It has to be your treat to yourself to be healthy. It is ok to wait until you are ready.
2. If you are fat, it is because you are trying to assert control, and one of the ways you can control yourself is by how much you eat. If you feel out of control, eating more will make you feel in control, even if it hurts. It is your way of asserting dominance over your body.
3. Make sure you recognize that you are always in control of your own body. If any one harmed your body in the past, they cannot do so right now. You are in control of your body and no one can take it away from you. You don't need to assert your control over your body by over eating, your body is your own gift.
4. If you have too much estrogen, you will be fat. In order to solve this, take a fiber supplement after eating glucose. This will help flush the extra estrogen away. Try eating plant based foods. Many of them help balance excess estrogen. Some of these foods include yams, carrots, whole wheat, oats, millet, figs, dates, broccoli and cauliflower, and beets.
5. You cannot lose weight until you love yourself unconditionally. If weight loss is a condition to love yourself, you will always have a part of you rebel, you know, that part of you that knows the truth.
6. Quit waiting for God to make you skinny. He knows that if He steps in and fixes it for you, you won't learn for yourself. If you don't learn it for yourself, you won't even understand or value the answers God gave you. You are in control of your body, and God doesn't want you addicted to His power, that is abusive. He is not abusive. Abusive men want you to depend on them for every little need. God wants you to learn how to depend on yourself. It is not easy, but no other way will work. You wouldn't want His advice anyway, because it would make you feel out of control. Did you know that a baby will take the spoon away from its parent to feed itself, even if it doesn't get as much food this way? This is because the baby's brain is wired to be in control. That is the way it is supposed to be. You are in control of your life, thank God for giving you dominion over your own life. As long as you do your best, everything will work out in your best interest. Trust in God for that.
7. If you are going to eat your favorite unhealthy foods, make a habit of accepting yourself when you do this. Feeling guilty does not make you stop eating. It makes you binge and eat more. It is your right to enjoy eating. Don't let guilt take away one of God's blessings. Enjoy eating. Enjoy yourself, and don't let guilt put you on the binge cycle. If you eat more than you intended to, accept yourself and keep your spirits high. When the timing is right, you will become perfectly balanced and you will learn how to eat less.
8. It hurts to eat unhealthy, and it hurts to overeat. You wouldn't do this unless you had emotional issues that are out of control. Try to forgive yourself and don't let others put you down. You are going through a lot and you are blessed to even be alive. Be happy for what you can do.
9. Skinny people without emotional, traumatic, and hormonal challenges will misjudge you. Some of them will project their self hatred onto you. Some skinny people are unhappy because they don't allow themselves the basic pleasure of eating, and they think being skinny will make it so you can't see all of their emotional and spiritual wounds. They make you feel guilty for being fat because they haven't learned how to love themselves in spite of their lesser obvious flaws, and so they blame you for your apparent flaws because they have not learned how to love people yet. Again, don't lose weight because of their shame, and don't carry their shame either. Just put up a mirror in your mind and let all of their hatred reflect back to them so they can learn how to deal with it appropriately. No one wants to be obese, and no one deserves to be shamed for it. Just like no one is shamed for having cancer, even though life-style changes can make a difference in whether one has cancer or not.
10. Be healthy to glorify God, not to be lustful. God is going to punish the wicked women in this world who have evil lusty hearts. (God doesn't punish us unless it is to break down our rocky barriers so He can get to our hearts, He is not a mean God).
11. Love yourself no matter what, because self love is a skill that you can keep with you after you die, and your body is temporal.
12. You will keep doing what feels good, you will not keep doing what doesn't feel good. It may take a lot of patience to heal your relationship to food so that eating right can become a positive experience. It is ok to take the time to do it right.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Things I have learned about weight loss:

Post by gruden2.0 »

Adding to #4, avoid soy products like the plague. In addition to disrupting the thyroid (thus slowing the metabolism and fat burning) soy contains xeno-estrogens, which are estrogen mimics.

HelenShaw
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Things I have learned about weight loss:

Post by HelenShaw »

Hi Juliet,
I agree with all of your terms that you have mentioned above. There are actually various factors one have to consider if want to lose weight. But was really shocked after I came to know about the Candle nut through my friend. She has beed using the nut since a very long time and that too without even quitting her food. The nut helps in burning the body fat through its reactive properties and does not let a person quit their food for losing weight. Her fat free fit body made me believe in this fact, which has impressed me a lot. Look at this now for the real information about the nut and the health benefit one could get from it.