Iodine Supplementation

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Toto
captain of 1,000

Iodine Supplementation

Post by Toto »

1) Iodine prevents heart disease.
2) Iodine eliminates toxic halogens from the body (including radioactive I-131).
3) Iodine supports apoptosis.
4) Iodine activates hormone receptors and helps prevent certain forms of cancer.
5) Iodine protects ATP function and enhances ATP production.
6) Iodine prevents fibrocystic breast disease.
7) Iodine decreases insulin needs in diabetics.
8) Iodine helps support protein synthesis.
9) Iodine deficiency is a global health threat.
10) Iodine destroys pathogens, molds, fungi, parasites, and malaria.
11) Iodine is needed with the use of cordless phones, cell phones and now smart meters to prevent hypothyroidism.
12) Iodine supports pregnancy (as the fetus undergoes more apoptosis than any other developmental stage).
13) Iodine regulates estrogen production in the ovaries.
14) Iodine is anti-mucolytic (meaning it reduces mucus catarrh).
15) Iodine neutralizes hydroxyl ions and hydrates the cells.
16) Iodine makes us smarter.
17) High doses of iodine may be used for wounds, bedsores, inflammatory and traumatic pain, and restoration of hair growth when applied topically.
18) Iodine helps in the diminishing of tissue scarring, cheloid formations, and Dupuytren’s and Peyronie’s contractures, which are hyper-scarring conditions.
19) High doses of iodine may be used to reverse certain diseases.
20) Iodine supports spiritual development.

More here:

http://drsircus.com/iodine/main-reasons ... 0-10869497

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Iodine Supplementation

Post by larsenb »

Here's a book that explains the need for iodine. It ain't just for the thyroid: IODINE WHY YOU NEED IT WHY YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT, 4th Ed. by David Brownstein, M.D.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: March 13th, 2017, 4:06 pm Here's a book that explains the need for iodine. It ain't just for the thyroid: IODINE WHY YOU NEED IT WHY YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT, 4th Ed. by David Brownstein, M.D.
Toto, I would say your book: Mark Allan Sircus, Ac, OMD Iodine – Bringing back the Universal Medicine by Mark Allan Sircus, Ac, OMD is more comprehensive.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

I didn't see a post on iodine in this category so I though I would post it up. I am usually more focused on exposing the banksters, but I do a lot of research on cancer and other health issues and perhaps should post more in this category. I got the link because I am subscribed to his mailing list. Originally I found Dr. Sircus while researching cancer protocols and use some of his protocols. He has wonderful resource references for his protocols that I use.

I started supplementing iodine after the melt downs at Fukushima. Mineral supplementation is critical in that regard.

Here's a couple of links on the info you posted above.....

Iodine - Bringing Back the Universal Medicine Kindle Edition
by Mark Sircus (Author), David Brownstein (Foreword)
https://www.amazon.com/Iodine-Bringing- ... B00501MTHQ

IODINE
Bring Back the Universal Nutrient Medicine

International Medical Veritas Association
Medical textbooks contain several vital pieces of misinformation
about the essential element Iodine, which may have caused
more human misery and death than both world wars combined.
Dr. Guy Abraham

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/iodine.html

Next up, Magnesium. I'll look at the Epsom salts thread and post there, perhaps start a new thread.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Toto wrote: March 13th, 2017, 8:08 pm I didn't see a post on iodine in this category so I though I would post it up. I am usually more focused on exposing the banksters, but I do a lot of research on cancer and other health issues and perhaps should post more in this category. I got the link because I am subscribed to his mailing list. Originally I found Dr. Sircus while researching cancer protocols and use some of his protocols. He has wonderful resource references for his protocols that I use.

I started supplementing iodine after the melt downs at Fukushima. Mineral supplementation is critical in that regard.

IODINE

Dr. Guy Abraham

Next up, Magnesium. I'll look at the Epsom salts thread and post there, perhaps start a new thread.
As some one who has researched Iodine and multiple other nutritional elements for several years, I can also lend a voice of experience to iodine use. The medical industry has put great effort into undermining Iodine's remarkable benefits starting in 1948 with the Wolff-Chaikoff study. This study has never been duplicated and iodine studies traditionally remain unfunded to prevent undermining of the popular ideology.

The adult RDA for Iodine is rated by industry as 150 micro grams which is the minimum amount to prevent goiter, with recommendations of never to exceed 1 milligram. I personally have been taking over 200 milligrams a day for a couple of years now with no side affects. I make my own iodine and combine it with potassium iodide to make my own Lugol's solution - the most common and least expensive form for ingestion. In most cases, there is little need to take over 12 milligrams a day, however as far as a living example of greater amounts causing no issues, I qualify.

Iodine is also potentially implicated in all autoimmune diseases to add to the above list. Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, Graves, Hashimotos and many more have as a potential contributing factor an Iodine deficiency.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

brlenox wrote: March 13th, 2017, 10:18 pm
Toto wrote: March 13th, 2017, 8:08 pm I didn't see a post on iodine in this category so I though I would post it up. I am usually more focused on exposing the banksters, but I do a lot of research on cancer and other health issues and perhaps should post more in this category. I got the link because I am subscribed to his mailing list. Originally I found Dr. Sircus while researching cancer protocols and use some of his protocols. He has wonderful resource references for his protocols that I use.

IODINE

Dr. Guy Abraham

. . . . . . Iodine is also potentially implicated in all autoimmune diseases to add to the above list. Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, Graves, Hashimotos and many more have as a potential contributing factor an Iodine deficiency.
I just wish I could convince my wife of this. Thanks, brlenox.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

larsenb wrote: March 13th, 2017, 11:57 pm
brlenox wrote: March 13th, 2017, 10:18 pm

IODINE

Dr. Guy Abraham

. . . . . . Iodine is also potentially implicated in all autoimmune diseases to add to the above list. Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, Graves, Hashimotos and many more have as a potential contributing factor an Iodine deficiency.
I just wish I could convince my wife of this. Thanks, brlenox.
Well, that is one of the issues with the fear that we have been indoctrinated with concerning the use of Iodine. However, your comment does provide an opportunity for consideration. Iodine is a powerful medicinal. If it is being used to address a particular ailment there can be some perplexing issues that will potentially scare some users that do not understand iodine and how to gracefully implement its use is best accomplished when one is well studied on iodine. When I wrote that I now take 200 milligrams a day, I failed to mention that it took almost a year of going off and on and off and on for many months. Because Iodine is antagonistic to bromide and fluoride, ( it would actually be more accurate to say that bromide and fluoride are antagonistic to iodine) it begins to displace it from the areas where the body has has taken up these toxic poisons. My toxicity was so bad that the bromides would dump into my system and initiate kidney pain. There are ways to deal with this but my point is that one really does need to know what to expect before jumping feet first into a vat of iodine.

Note: Chlorine, bromine, fluoride and iodine are all from the same chemical group called halides. In the absence of iodine the body will treat the other halides as if they are iodine and place them in the iodine receptors which are found in every cell in the body. This is why in areas with fluoridated water we see hypo and hyperthyroidism rampant in America - deficient iodine and fluoride supplementation in our water creates the conditions that cause these and other iodine deficient issues. Bromide is a grossly toxic chemical found in so many products we use everyday. Perhaps the greatest exposure coming from our mattresses where it is added as a flame retardant.

Note 2: in the OP he mentions that iodine supports apoptosis. Many may not be aware of what apoptosis is. It is the natural process that the body engages in where when it identifies a rogue cell that is not replicating properly and it destroys the cell before it can become an issue. In other words the bodies natural cancer fighting defense is largely dependent on iodine. The number of cancers that have been shown to respond to iodine therapy is why the Okinawans have the lowest cancer rates in the world. They consume approx. 12 milligrams a day due to the high seaweed and salt fish diet which is their mainstay. They are also the longest lived indigenous people in the world as well, many living into the low hundreds.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Thanks brlenox. I have been using Survival Shield X-2 (1 oz) from Infowars on my last two orders . I once took a whole dropper full instead of the suggested 3 drops. No problem. The recommended dose (3 drops) contains 1,950 mcg. (1300% Daily Value) Dr. Sircus recommends Lugol's solution. Is making your own less expensive?

Avoid Doctors to Protect Your Health!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahELa5oYrkM (too funny!)

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Toto wrote: March 14th, 2017, 1:35 am Thanks brlenox. I have been using Survival Shield X-2 (1 oz) from Infowars on my last two orders . I once took a whole dropper full instead of the suggested 3 drops. No problem. The recommended dose (3 drops) contains 1,950 mcg. (1300% Daily Value) Dr. Sircus recommends Lugol's solution. Is making your own less expensive?

Avoid Doctors to Protect Your Health!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahELa5oYrkM (too funny!)
At the doses you are taking you will probably never experience any adjustment issues. Some recommend 50 milligrams a day for 3 months to bring the body to a state of iodine repleteness and then a maintenance of 12 mil per day thereafter. As iodine is found in literally every cell of the body, or it is supposed to be, it takes some time to completely fill all receptors. If one wanted to start with just the 12 mil, 2 drops of Lugols 5%, it would take a year to finally achieve repleteness at a gentle pace.

To make your own is much less expensive...the issue is that iodine has been declared a list 1 chemical which is regulated by The Domestic Chemical Diversion Control Act of 1993 (DCDCA) (Pub. L. 103-200) which requires that handlers of List I chemicals be registered. "This increased regulatory control and made it more difficult for traffickers to acquire hydriodic acid. Faced with this difficulty, traffickers began to substitute iodine for hydriodic acid for the illicit production of methamphetamine and amphetamine."

In the body of the document from 2007 which notes the rule change from a class II to a Class I is quite a discussion on Lugol's solution:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_ ... fr0702.htm

This reclassification makes it almost impossible to acquire quantities of pure iodine that one might use to create their own mix. Ostensibly, this is done, as stated above, to interfere with meth production. However the ease with which one is able to make their own pure iodine from potassium iodide causes me to question that it has any impact on them whatsoever but it does impact the medicinal iodine group adversely. One can purchase potassium iodide from VitaSpace and other online sources. Usually Vitaspace is the least expensive by half and I believe I only payed $59.00 for a pound about 2 years ago. One can make enough iodine from a pound of p. iodide to serve the needs of an entire family for a decade or longer. At about 12.00-20.00 dollars per ounce for Lugols on Amazon, I can make 32 ounces for around 70.00 counting the hydrogen peroxide and the sulfuric acid and the potassium iodide.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

My two cents worth: To continue with comments made by brlenox...he mentioned bromine. One of the biggest issues with bromine is found in BREAD. You probably are not aware of this, but nearly every time you eat bread in a restaurant or consume a hamburger or hotdog bun you are consuming bromide, as it is commonly used in flours. The use of potassium bromate as an additive to commercial breads and baked goods has been a huge contributor to bromide overload in Western cultures. Bromated flour is “enriched” with potassium bromate. Commercial baking companies claim it makes the dough more elastic and better able to stand up to bread hooks. (When buying flour for home use, look for un-bromated flour)

This nasty substance does indeed attack your thyroid thus MOST people in America have some sort of thyroid issues, great or small. (I am hypo-thyroid) Years ago my sister recommended me trying iodine. I made the mistake of overdoing it too quickly. As my thyroid started to detox the bromine it sent me into horrendous anxiety and panic attacks. It was so awful I could not even fall asleep. This went on for several weeks. I thought I was going to end up in the hospital because of it. My advice is start slow and small. The more Fukushima radiation spreads it will become vital to add this to your family's diet. (Have it in food storage!!! A bottle will last a long time)

For more info on Bromines read this article:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... nment.aspx

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

I have also had good experience with Iodine. If you have a lot of bromide in you (especially if you drank a lot of Mountain Dew) be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster ride as the bromide comes out and scale back if needed. 1/4 tsp of salt in water will help push the garbage through the kidneys.

If you take large doses of iodine, be sure to take selenium as the thyroid also needs that to stay balanced with T3/T4 (also plays a role in atopsis). Ideal to use the yeast-free form.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

More from Dr. Sircus....

Iodine Supplements and Dosages
Published on March 27, 2017

http://drsircus.com/iodine/iodine-suppl ... e-10869497

New Category from Natural News...

Iodine Deficiency — An Old Epidemic Is Back

http://iodine.news/2016-12-08-iodine-de ... -back.html

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

brlenox wrote: March 13th, 2017, 10:18 pm The adult RDA for Iodine is rated by industry as 150 micro grams which is the minimum amount to prevent goiter, with recommendations of never to exceed 1 milligram. I personally have been taking over 200 milligrams a day for a couple of years now with no side affects.
So that's why you are so weird looking (wolf sandwich, sheep as the bread). :))
I make my own iodine and combine it with potassium iodide to make my own Lugol's solution - the most common and least expensive form for ingestion. In most cases, there is little need to take over 12 milligrams a day, however as far as a living example of greater amounts causing no issues, I qualify.
Seriously, though, how do you make it?

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Silver Pie wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 6:10 pm
brlenox wrote: March 13th, 2017, 10:18 pm The adult RDA for Iodine is rated by industry as 150 micro grams which is the minimum amount to prevent goiter, with recommendations of never to exceed 1 milligram. I personally have been taking over 200 milligrams a day for a couple of years now with no side affects.
So that's why you are so weird looking (wolf sandwich, sheep as the bread). :))
I make my own iodine and combine it with potassium iodide to make my own Lugol's solution - the most common and least expensive form for ingestion. In most cases, there is little need to take over 12 milligrams a day, however as far as a living example of greater amounts causing no issues, I qualify.
I'm just getting back in town and I will put together a post for this ... hopefully tomorrow.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

brlenox wrote: April 26th, 2017, 10:42 pm
I'm just getting back in town and I will put together a post for this ... hopefully tomorrow.
Good, I look forward to it.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Silver Pie wrote: April 27th, 2017, 12:45 pm
brlenox wrote: April 26th, 2017, 10:42 pm
Good, I look forward to it.
Here goes.

First you will need a large GLASS container with measurements. These instructions are for making an entire quart of Lugols 5% solution from potassium iodide. You also should acquire one of those little electronic battery powered chemical measuring scales like you see on Amazon. It needs to be able to measure at least to the gram level. You can find one for around $20.00.

The only reason you would do this is if you have trouble finding iodine in the quantity to make what you need. Since iodine is now a list 1 chemical substance controlled by the DEA, it has become a challenge to acquire. However, Potassium iodide is not regulated and by using this process you can separate the iodine out of the chemical bond. You can find potassium iodide on the net for usually around 100.00 per pound however, if you are patient I have found the best price is at VITASPACE. IF you call Peter he can let you know when he has some in. If I remember correctly it was around half the price of any other that I could find.

Also, this process is potentially dangerous if the utmost in caution is not followed. It should be done outside always - never inside.

You will need:
1 electronic scale
at least 40 ounces of distilled water
1 glass quart jar
1 pyrex measuring container
200 grams of potassium iodide
Muriatic acid (at least 30% strength-If memory serves)
Hydrogen peroxide 3% quart bottle
several coffee filters

Measure out 100 grams of potassium iodide. it is usually about half iodine and half potassium so you should get pretty close to 50 grams of iodine.

Put the P. iodide into a glass jar and only put in just barely enough DISTILLED water to cover it. The goal is to stir it with a non-metallic stirrer such as a chop-stix from your local Chinese restaurant until all of the P. Iodide has dissolved. You are trying to get a 100% saturate solution where it will not hold even one more grain of P. iodide. Stir or spin for 5 or 10 minutes. If after that time it has not dissolved add a tiny bit more distilled water until completely solutioned. IF there is too much water it will not separate properly in the next steps and there is no going backwards. The chemical reaction is what cause the separation and if it doesn't work because of too much water you can't reinitiate the chemical reaction.

Now put on goggles, be outside make sure the breeze is blowing away from you. Pour the solution into the measured Pyrex container. Whatever amount of liquid you have now add the muriatic acid to double the volume. P. Iodide solution is clear but when you add the M. Acid it is going to turn a deep and dark purple almost instantly. Pour carefully and do not splash or spill. This will cause a rapid heat increase and nasty gases will start churning along. Give it a few minutes and then add 5 times the amount of hydrogen peroxide as the amount of liquid in the Pyrex. Keep the solution spinning with your chop stix and after a few minutes you might be able to see a dark gray sediment forming on the bottom of the liquid. Give it 5 to 10 minutes.

Now make sure you have some means of support for your coffee filter and pour the solution into the filter and let it drain through. Get every drop. What will be left in the filter is about 50 grams of iodine. Rinse it several times with clean distilled water. Pour it into a second filter and rinse some more.

A bit of the iodine will dissolve in the water but hopefully after about 6 rinses you should be fine.

Store iodine in a dark brown bottle. It's whole goal in life is to go atmospheric as it slowly converts to a gas and dissipates away. The dark bottle limits this as light accelerates the process greatly.

Again just a reminder. This is not as dangerous as it sounds but you have to do it with intelligence and caution as the gasses produced are very toxic. They will also stain what ever they are exposed too as my wife reminds me of frequently pointing to the yellow stain on my ceiling from when I carelessly brought the container into the house to find the coffee filter.

Following is a recipe for the Lugols solution. I think I got this off of the curezone site:

Recipe for making Lugols 5% (6.25 mg/drop) in a nutshell:

1. Obtain any clean, empty 1 quart container (with lid, 1000ML=1.05 QT)
2. Fill about halfway with distilled water (RO water is also okay) so water does not overflow when adding crystals.
3. Put in 100 grams of Potassium Iodide Crystals (you need a scale). Important to put Potassium in first)
4. Stir with non-metal spoon or chop stix(wood is okay) until completely dissolved.
5. Put in 50 grams of Iodine crystals, and stir some more.
6. Fill jar to about 80% of capacity with distilled water-( this gives water expansion room).
7. Let it set overnight. If cap is metal, put waxed paper between it and the jar; Iodine attacks metal. Rotate occasionally.
8) Now fill the rest of the jar and let it set for 3 or 4 days until all the crystals dissolve.

Then transfer the new Lugols to amber jars or dropper jars to store at a cool dark room temperature.

powermindset333
Hi, I'm new.

Post by powermindset333 »

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in any of the following, nor is any of this intended as medical advice. This is just me sharing an exciting discovery.

Recently at age 50 my sleep quality and testosterone levels were good, but hugely improved when I started iodine supplementation. I was truly amazed, it felt like returning to my peak teenage years! Apparently this made a big impact on my hormonal health.

Before starting, I read a lot of published information and studies about potential health benefits and safety of dosage. I highly recommend the book "Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It" by Dr. David Brownstein, available on his website. He has 20+ years of clinical practice in Michigan with a focus on holistic medicine. Many of his related talks and interviews over the years are available on youtube by searching: brownstein iodine.

For an inexpensive source of iodine, I purchased pharmaceutical grade potassium iodide crystals from CarolinaChemical. Their 100 gram size bag is enough to last 17 years at 12 mg iodine per day. The product was manufactured by SQM, an established chemical company in Chile which is the largest global producer of iodine.

To make an iodine solution, I add 1/8th (0.125) teaspoon of potassium iodide crystals (just scooped and leveled off, not packed down, 940-1030 mg on my Weighmax CT20 milligram scale) into 16 ounces purified water at room temperature in a clearly labeled jar with lid. I store this solution at room temperature and it lasts me 63 days.

1000 mg potassium iodide crystals * 0.7645 (76.45% iodine by weight) = 764.5 mg iodine, divided by 63 (16 ounces water contains 63 doses, each 1/2 tablespoon) = 12.1 mg iodine dose

Each day I take a 1/2 tablespoon of the solution for 12 mg iodine. Guy. E. Abraham M.D. and associates found in extensive iodine research (free to read at Optimox) that around 12 mg/day iodine is the amount for most healthy adults to achieve optimal iodine levels throughout the body, with many observed health benefits including suppression of abnormal and cancerous cells.

I gradually worked up to a daily dosage of 12 mg iodine. I read that if suddenly taking high amounts of iodine, some people experience temporary side effects as iodine helps the body excrete toxic bromide, fluoride, perchlorate, etc. Dr. Brownstein has found that unrefined salt can assist that process. He recommends to avoid refined salt and instead consume 1/2 to 1 teaspoon per day unrefined salt. Personally I have found that 1/2 teaspoon salt is plenty and have not noticed any side effects from the iodine. I do follow his advice to use unrefined salt. Most sea salt contains microplastics. I prefer unrefined rock salt from underground salt mines. I've found Morton ice cream rock salt to be clean and good quality. I visually inspect, discard the few pieces that are not clear, and fine grind it.

Included in my daily supplementation are the following which Dr. Brownstein recommends to help the body more efficiently utilize higher amounts of iodine: vitamin B complex, magnesium citrate 600 mg, zinc 30 mg, selenium 200 mcg. Selenium is especially important for thyroid health. I had already been using the Vitacost brand of those supplements for many years, so they were not responsible for the recent increase in testosterone.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

brlenox wrote: April 28th, 2017, 12:44 pm Here goes.
/snip
I'm glad this thread got bumped. I apparently didn't thank you for this info (or it was one of the times the thanks button disappeared, and all the thanks-giving with it).

Also, have I really been Silver Pie on here for three years already? :o

Powermindset333, thanks for the bump and for your information.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver Pie wrote: April 26th, 2020, 12:47 pm
brlenox wrote: April 28th, 2017, 12:44 pm Here goes.
/snip
I'm glad this thread got bumped. I apparently didn't thank you for this info (or it was one of the times the thanks button disappeared, and all the thanks-giving with it).

Also, have I really been Silver Pie on here for three years already? :o

Powermindset333, thanks for the bump and for your information.
Not sure brlenox will see this. I'll email it to him. He's currently in a tough way

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

larsenb wrote: April 26th, 2020, 3:46 pmNot sure brlenox will see this. I'll email it to him. He's currently in a tough way
Thank you. Give him my best wishes (Silver Pie and A Random Phrase). I miss reading his posts. (I don't know if he hasn't been on for a long time or if we just frequent different parts of the forums.) I hope things get better for him.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Hah, glad to see continued interest in iodine amongst this crew.

Few other notes:

For atopsis, you really need selenium. Also, the thyroid needs selenium, so if you supplement iodine, take selenium to balance out the thyroid. B vitamins and C are also good to help balance out iodine absorption and utilization.

Nascent iodine is reportedly easier to absorb than regular iodine. It's a little pricier, give it a try if you can.

Iodine concentrates in the thyroid, breast tissue, ovaries/prostate. Dr. Browenstein found iodine supplementation improved many female complaints, including cysts, fibroids, and even breast tumors.

Iodine can potentially bump your IQ a few points, simply by the fact it can eject some of the toxins out of your brain and reverse some of the calcification/plaque that can happen there. It doesn't make you inherently smarter, just gives you a little back that crap like fluoridated water took away.

As mentioned, iodine ejects toxic halides from your system. This process can cause buried emotions to come out if you take enough. It's an interesting roller coaster, and beneficial since you can address some past stuff you needed to. It's both a physical and emotional de-toxification, iodine is interesting that it seems to hit the center of the mind/body/spirit connection. Part of the journey for me is that it literally woke me up to what was going on in the world. I noticed things going on I didn't before, like the climate change fraud and 9/11, which just went past me before. I guess it turned me into a conspiracy theorist. :)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Appreciate the added info gruden.