EXOGENOUS KETONES

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

EXOGENOUS KETONES

Post by Mark »

My wife has been a nutritionist for many years and this past year was heavily involved in researching ketones and the state of ketosis. She found a great product that helps the body kick into a ketosis state within an hour without having to go thru the often difficult multiple days transition period needed while following a strict ketogenic diet. These exogenous ketones provide a number of benefits including enhanced fat loss and appetite control by helping to eliminate or at least diminish nasty carb cravings, more sustained energy and endurance, better mental focus and loss of brain fog, decreased inflammation, better sleep, and a number of other helpful effects on the body.

Just wanted to throw this out to any of my LDSFF com-padres who might know of any who are struggling in any of these areas. These ketones really have improved our personal health and vitality over the last several months that we have been taking them. I highly recommend them. If you know of anyone who might be benefited by learning more just PM me and I'll point them toward the direction of my wife. She is the brains in the marriage and can send out some great info to help someone understand more about these benefits and the science behind it all. Cheers.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: EXOGENOUS KETONES

Post by larsenb »

Thanks for posting. New information for me. I'll be looking into it.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

I've used ketogenic diets a few times, mostly on a psmf diet. I've never heard of any product that can speed up the state of entering ketosis, considering you have to use up the glycogen in your muscles, blood, and liver first. Any product that can speed that process up sounds a little alarming, especially for anyone with diabetes that could suffer from ketoacidosis and die. The only thing I could think of would be something that activates the glut4 transponders, but that would be a massive drop in your blood glucose levels.

Anyway, have you actually used the test strips to see if your peeing out ketone bodies while using this product/method?

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Lexew1899 wrote: March 1st, 2017, 6:57 pm I've used ketogenic diets a few times, mostly on a psmf diet. I've never heard of any product that can speed up the state of entering ketosis, considering you have to use up the glycogen in your muscles, blood, and liver first. Any product that can speed that process up sounds a little alarming, especially for anyone with diabetes that could suffer from ketoacidosis and die. The only thing I could think of would be something that activates the glut4 transponders, but that would be a massive drop in your blood glucose levels.

Anyway, have you actually used the test strips to see if your peeing out ketone bodies while using this product/method?
We use the PrecisionXtra blood and ketone monitoring kit to measure ketone levels in the blood Lexew1899. We find it to be a more accurate measurement. My wife works with many type 2 and even some type 1 diabetics and is finding great success with having them use this product combined with going more ketogenic in their diet. High Carbs are public enemy #1 for most people. They just cant handle them. She has a boatload of studies and science behind these exogenous ketones. I will post her webpage as she is an independent promoter for this exogenous ketone product. It has a bunch of great information and videos on the workings of all this. Click on "How it Works" on the main page to watch the campfire video. That is a good start. She can send out other excellent resources as well for any who want to look into this. I am a born skeptic but she has made a believer out of me.

https://optimaltransformation.pruvitnow.com/

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

Doctors use MCT Oil, or in essence Coconut Oil to help induce ketosis in patients with seizures. Ketogenic diets have shown to reduce or eliminate seizures in many patients. (My son had seizures that couldn't be resolved with any medication). A short period of fasting also helps to induce ketosis.

The easiest way that I know of getting into ketosis is to fast half a day, then eat lots of coconut oil. You'll be in ketosis within a day. Eating coconut oil regularly once you've reached ketosis will help keep you in a ketogenic state (as long as you stay away from carbs - there's no cheating when it comes to ketogenic diets).

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

SouEu wrote: March 2nd, 2017, 11:06 am Doctors use MCT Oil, or in essence Coconut Oil to help induce ketosis in patients with seizures. Ketogenic diets have shown to reduce or eliminate seizures in many patients. (My son had seizures that couldn't be resolved with any medication). A short period of fasting also helps to induce ketosis.

The easiest way that I know of getting into ketosis is to fast half a day, then eat lots of coconut oil. You'll be in ketosis within a day. Eating coconut oil regularly once you've reached ketosis will help keep you in a ketogenic state (as long as you stay away from carbs - there's no cheating when it comes to ketogenic diets).

Thanks for bringing up fasting. It's all about the insulin levels. Watch this short video from Dr Jason Fung. He has great stuff on YouTube about intermittent fasting and it's benefits on the body in lowering insulin levels and burning fat. The Lord knows what's best for our temples. :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1a2Fsfa8e4I

As for MCT oil you are right on about the seizure treatment. However these oils go straight through the liver and many people particularly as they age have a more difficult time processing them effectively and it can cause some severe stomach distress and nausea. My wife and I both struggled with taking MCT oil so the pure ketones delivered through the exogenous ketone product we take now is just much more effective and helpful. It delivers the benefits straight to the brain and increases the ketone levels in the blood very quickly and we avoid these side effects. The initial exogenous ketone product we took had MCT oil in it and we just struggled with it as did many of her clients. However this new product has been great without any negative side effects. I take it daily and it has really helped in several ways. You also don't have to be so super strict in total carb avoidance all the time as you can kick back into a ketosis state quickly after Weakness of the flesh. :ymdevil:

HelenShaw
Hi, I'm new.

Post by HelenShaw »

Thanks for sharing the information.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Mark wrote: March 3rd, 2017, 8:16 am
SouEu wrote: March 2nd, 2017, 11:06 am Doctors use MCT Oil, or in essence Coconut Oil to help induce ketosis in patients with seizures. Ketogenic diets have shown to reduce or eliminate seizures in many patients. (My son had seizures that couldn't be resolved with any medication). A short period of fasting also helps to induce ketosis.

Thanks for bringing up fasting. It's all about the insulin levels. Watch this short video from Dr Jason Fung. He has great stuff on YouTube about intermittent fasting and it's benefits on the body in lowering insulin levels and burning fat. The Lord knows what's best for our temples. :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1a2Fsfa8e4I

As for MCT oil you are right on about the seizure treatment. However these oils go straight through the liver and many people particularly as they age have a more difficult time processing them effectively and it can cause some severe stomach distress and nausea. My wife and I both struggled with taking MCT oil so the pure ketones delivered through the exogenous ketone product we take now is just much more effective and helpful. It delivers the benefits straight to the brain and increases the ketone levels in the blood very quickly and we avoid these side effects. The initial exogenous ketone product we took had MCT oil in it and we just struggled with it as did many of her clients. However this new product has been great without any negative side effects. I take it daily and it has really helped in several ways. You also don't have to be so super strict in total carb avoidance all the time as you can kick back into a ketosis state quickly after Weakness of the flesh. :ymdevil:
MCT oils are a blend, C6 is too short and C10 is longish, with C8 being the happy medium that Goldlylocks so approved.

I should be in ketosis, but not sure. Pee test says no, and my breathalyzer hasn’t arrived yet, but may arrive today. :?

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

There IS a “short cut” to a keto state. We do it the first Sunday of the month-FASTING. Eating a nutritionally dense, early dinner, then going to bed. Skip breakfast and lunch, drinking plenty of water-and by the time you hit hour#18, the hunger reflex fades, etc...
I’ve gotten to hour#40, several times, and each time, I’m metabolising fat so fast, I can practically see it melting.