Do you have PTSD?

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Do you have PTSD?

Post by freedomforall »

Do You Have PTSD? (POSTTRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER)
If you suffer from some of the problems listed here, you could be suffering from PTSD and not even know it.
Know anyone you could suspect having this ailment? No names please.

1. Desire to isolate.
2. Depression.
3. Self-medication (alcoholism, drug abuse).
4. Anger.
5. Irritability.
6. Difficulty concentrating.
7. Numbness.
8. Problems with authority, intimacy, and trust.
9. Hyper-vigilance.
10. Nightmares.
11. Flashbacks.
12. Ruminating about combat.
13. Avoidance of crowds, gatherings, and confined spaces.
14. Emotional distress upon exposure to situations that resemble the trauma.
15. Reenactment of the traumatic event.

http://nicehealthforever.info/ptsd-comm ... oms-types/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Do you have PTSD?

Post by rewcox »

freedomforall wrote:Do You Have PTSD? (POSTTRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER)
If you suffer from some of the problems listed here, you could be suffering from PTSD and not even know it.

1. Desire to isolate.
2. Depression.
4. Anger.
5. Irritability.
7. Numbness.
9. Hyper-vigilance.
10. Nightmares.
11. Flashbacks.

http://nicehealthforever.info/ptsd-comm ... oms-types/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've seen that.....at LDSFF.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

rewcox wrote:

1. Desire to isolate.
2. Depression.
4. Anger.
5. Irritability.
7. Numbness.
9. Hyper-vigilance.
10. Nightmares.
11. Flashbacks.

I'm guilty. :ymsigh: It's a condition that is extremely difficult to manage considering all the symptoms since having been in Vietnam 48-49 years ago during the worst TEt offensive of that conflict.
SEE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tet_Offensive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was in a small, wood sided office within a C-Ration lot I was in charge of at a location called LZ Stud. Rockets and Mortars came from over a mountain and exploded all around us on a regular basis. One particular day, while we were ducked and wondering where these explosives were going to hit, one of them rocked the office. When the blasts subsided, we went outside to find a hole with a fin fragment protruding from the bottom, not ten feet from the entrance door of the office. What saved us from being torn apart was a row of food filled pallets running parallel to the door. There were holes all in the boxes on the pallets. I thanked God for that protection.
Sometimes when a large truck pulled in to the lot to deliver replacement supplies, there would be an un-exploded rocket stuck in the side of one of the boxes and we would need to call the EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) to come and handle the situation.
Then there were the nights we had to spend in a fox hole, with full gear strapped to our upper bodies and our weapons locked and loaded, wondering if the enemy would sneak up on us.
The emotional upset does not go away. Even after years of being back in the world, that's what we called home, I would look for a place to hide every time I heard a load noise occur.
So, yes, PTSD is real and it is miserable. Often it makes a person cranky.
As a matter of fact, I dread the upcoming conflicts and the sweeping off of the wicked predicted to occur in this country. Sometimes I want a huge boulder just like the Hole N' The Rock in southern UT and just hide behind a thick. reinforced, steel door.
But, this is my burden to bear till I croak.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

freedomforall wrote:
rewcox wrote:

1. Desire to isolate.
2. Depression.
4. Anger.
5. Irritability.
7. Numbness.
9. Hyper-vigilance.
10. Nightmares.
11. Flashbacks.

I'm guilty. :ymsigh: It's a condition that is extremely difficult to manage considering all the symptoms since having been in Vietnam 48-49 years ago during the worst TEt offensive of that conflict.
SEE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tet_Offensive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was in a small, wood sided office within a C-Ration lot I was in charge of at a location called LZ Stud. Rockets and Mortars came from over a mountain and exploded all around us on a regular basis. One particular day, while we were ducked and wondering where these explosives were going to hit, one of them rocked the office. When the blasts subsided, we went outside to find a hole with a fin fragment protruding from the bottom, not ten feet from the entrance door of the office. What saved us from being torn apart was a row of food filled pallets running parallel to the door. There were holes all in the boxes on the pallets. I thanked God for that protection.
Sometimes when a large truck pulled in to the lot to deliver replacement supplies, there would be an un-exploded rocket stuck in the side of one of the boxes and we would need to call the EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) to come and handle the situation.
Then there were the nights we had to spend in a fox hole, with full gear strapped to our upper bodies and our weapons locked and loaded, wondering if the enemy would sneak up on us.
The emotional upset does not go away. Even after years of being back in the world, that's what we called home, I would look for a place to hide every time I heard a load noise occur.
So, yes, PTSD is real and it is miserable. Often it makes a person cranky.
As a matter of fact, I dread the upcoming conflicts and the sweeping off of the wicked predicted to occur in this country. Sometimes I want a huge boulder just like the Hole N' The Rock in southern UT and just hide behind a thick. reinforced, steel door.
But, this is my burden to bear till I croak.
We may have our differences from time to time but I thank you for your service. I come from an extensive military background and married into it as well. I watched my dad get off the plane coming back from war overseas and that day cemented in my heart my love for this country and everyone who has or will ever serve it.

It's a true sacrifice to serve the country and I know well how it affects everyone involved. May God bless you and keep you until the day he removes this from you.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I am so sorry Freedom! Sometimes I am just floored at the trials that we are all here to face on this earth. I just don't know how people without faith get through life! Thank heavens for the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

This may sound silly, have you ever tried or thought about acupuncture? I have had many health problems through the years, some have been so bad recently I thought I was done for. I have just started going to acupuncture and have high hopes for it to help alleviate many of my issues. After my first visit I came out with such an overwhelming rush of emotions, things I haven't felt in years. Apparently that is a sign of my body opening up and clearing out blockages on the path to healing. Chinese medicine is about healing the whole person, or putting the body in balance. Once the body is in balance healing can truly take place. When I'm in a session, I can't believe how really relaxed I feel. (Many people even fall asleep) I am a high strung person so something good must be taking place. Look it up on the internet "Acupuncture and PTSD".

God bless you.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

PTSD is very real and a nightmare to those who are suffering. I was very blessed to recover from my battle with PTSD and no longer suffer. I feel for those who still do.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

kittycat51 wrote:I am so sorry Freedom! Sometimes I am just floored at the trials that we are all here to face on this earth. I just don't know how people without faith get through life! Thank heavens for the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

This may sound silly, have you ever tried or thought about acupuncture? I have had many health problems through the years, some have been so bad recently I thought I was done for. I have just started going to acupuncture and have high hopes for it to help alleviate many of my issues. After my first visit I came out with such an overwhelming rush of emotions, things I haven't felt in years. Apparently that is a sign of my body opening up and clearing out blockages on the path to healing. Chinese medicine is about healing the whole person, or putting the body in balance. Once the body is in balance healing can truly take place. When I'm in a session, I can't believe how really relaxed I feel. (Many people even fall asleep) I am a high strung person so something good must be taking place. Look it up on the internet "Acupuncture and PTSD".

God bless you.
I hadn't given it any thought. I know the body has many Chakras, but haven't delved into their meaning and purpose.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea ... tion=click" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then there are our bodily Meridians containing a kizillion pressure points, well, several hundred at least.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea ... tion=click" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll check into your suggestion. Thanks

OOOK?
captain of 10

Post by OOOK? »

I use EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique. It works amazingly well, though life is still a challenge and I sometimes look silly to other people who don't have a clue. You should check it out.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

OOOK? wrote:I use EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique. It works amazingly well, though life is still a challenge and I sometimes look silly to other people who don't have a clue. You should check it out.
This is the problem, I have EFT...Energized Formulative Turmoil, because while growing up I was informed that I possessed a sixth sense. Upon inquiring how and why, I was told that there was no sign of the other five. Bummer! #-o :-ss :D

I'll check into EFT. Thanks.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

mirkwood wrote:PTSD is very real and a nightmare to those who are suffering. I was very blessed to recover from my battle with PTSD and no longer suffer. I feel for those who still do.
Yup. I was once a LEO many moons ago and was involved in a shooting. After I got out of the hospital my sister was driving me home and passed by a shooting range. I heard, "Pop, pop, pop." The next thing I know I'm on the floorboard of her truck trying to dig my way through. About three years later, I'm watching "Angels in the Outfield" with my ex. When the part where the pitcher throws the ball and the angel suddenly appears to stop the ball, I blanked out. The next thing I know, my ex is underneath me yelling at me to get off her. I have no memory of this, but I was later told that I had dragged her off the couch, threw her on the ground and laid on top of her, trying to shield her. When I cam back, I was trying to reach for my non-existent weapon on my hip. I'm over it, but it was interesting for a while.

HelenShaw
Hi, I'm new.

Post by HelenShaw »

No, didn't came across yet.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

HelenShaw wrote: May 11th, 2017, 10:32 pm No, didn't came across yet.
Please expound on your statement.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

rewcox wrote: February 15th, 2017, 7:29 am

1. Desire to isolate.
2. Depression.
4. Anger.
5. Irritability.
7. Numbness.
9. Hyper-vigilance.
10. Nightmares.
11. Flashbacks.

Say it isn't so...

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

FreedomForAll,
11. Flashbacks.
First Welcome Home! (For those who don't understand "Welcome Home", Many Viet Nam Vets were told to not wear their uniform home, so that they would not be attacked by anti Viet Nam freaks. They never were given a parade or any other welcome like the veterans of other conflicts... So even if 50 years late, Welcome them Home!).

Thanks for your service. I went into the Marines in 74, so I not only missed the horror of the 68 Tet, I actually missed the end of the war. That being said, in the Old days, we used to call PTSD "Combat Fatigue" or "Shell Shock". Now they call it PTSD. PTSD is now applied to anybody who has had anything stressful in their life,.. sexual molestation, Assault, I don't know maybe even being fired from a job. While I don't want to minimize how stressful these life events are, I think it kind of minimizes just what hell combat is, and maybe we have somewhat minimized just how terrifying this is, by equating it with other bad things that happen to other people who will never understand what combat really is.

Regards,

George Clay

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

PTSD is now applied to anybody who has had anything stressful in their life,.. sexual molestation, Assault, I don't know maybe even being fired from a job. While I don't want to minimize how stressful these life events are, I think it kind of minimizes just what hell combat is, and maybe we have somewhat minimized just how terrifying this is, by equating it with other bad things that happen to other people who will never understand what combat really is.
George,

While that's really nice and comforting to veterans who were in real mortal combat, it's not nice--actually kind of diminutive--to those who have PTSD, for any other reason. Because you know you're saying, being raped over and over by a relative or friend and having nowhere to turn to, or even being beat and hated by your parents for accusing the guilty, is nowhere near as traumatic as walking around in a jungle or desert. If you're in mortal combat and you kill someone, yes, that seems pretty bad. But what rubric or formula are you using to compare traumas? (In addition, many veterans who were in combat never really were "in combat." Constantly scared, yes, but not in mortal combat.)

PTSD is PTSD. Simply that.

People are built differently not just physically, but emotionally, too. I can do a lot more work before I get tired than many I know, but when they are tired, it doesn't help any to say, "YOU're tired? Ha ha, I'm not tired. You just don't understand what being REALLY tired is. You just don't know the true definition of WORK."

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Everyone has had what is called "PTSD" at some point in their life. Its called human emotions and responses. Normal responses to catastrophic events now are often interpreted as mental disorders. This leads a people and a society away from the "fix" to their emotional response, prayer. PTSD is not a mental disorder.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Gage wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 8:19 am Everyone has had what is called "PTSD" at some point in their life. Its called human emotions and responses. Normal responses to catastrophic events now are often interpreted as mental disorders. This leads a people and a society away from the "fix" to their emotional response, prayer. PTSD is not a mental disorder.
Gage,

This post is pretty ignorant, as a matter of fact. Everybody experiences stress and has stressful times, but PTSD is a result of trauma. Trauma is more than just normal stress or stressful situations that most people experience.

My father is a Vietnam War veteran and being in a situation where you see friends get killed, blown up, or shot up is not normal stress most people experience. It is above and beyond what most people will experience. Being in a prolonged state of fear because you are under constant threat is not normal stress and stressful experiences that most people will experience. Being beat each day or most days as a child is not normal stress. Being raped by your parent or grandparent, repeatedly, over many years, is not normal stress and stressful situation that most people experience. When things like what I've described occur, these events physiologically changes a person's brain. In a child their normal growth and development is prevented. So, we aren't just talking about emotions and an emotional response. We are talking about physiological changes and disruptions to normal brain functioning and a whole lot more.

I have PTSD due to childhood sexual abuse. I was also physically and emotionally abused. I didn't always recognize my PTSD for what it was. I have gone through life battling depression and anxiety, thinking this was just normal and that everyone felt that way. I didn't recognize that my childhood was disrupted and robbed. Normal childhood development in many cases did not occur. My brain was changed physiologically because of the trauma and the abuse. I've experienced this state of hyper-vigilance because I always had to be on guard as a child. I could never relax. I could never just be a child. Instead, I had to constantly be on guard, waiting for the next time I was to be abused, assaulted, or attacked. This trauma resulted in dissociation, anger, flashbacks, problems associating with people, problems with trust, relationships, and self-medicating. During most of my life up until about 5 years ago when things changed for me, I thought all that time that I was this horrible person, unloved, and isolated, because I didn't understand and recognize the symptoms for what they were and I didn't place the blame for these things where it belonged. I blamed myself for all the bad things I was experiencing. I buried the trauma deep and was in a state of denial. I prayed, and I read the scriptures, I did my callings at Church, but all of those things didn't bring any relief because I was not treating the right condition.

PTSD is a physiological, emotional, and a spiritual response to traumatic events, far above and beyond what most people experience. The wounds to our spirits are real and even if they are not visible, they exist. Our spirits can be wounded by the actions of others, such as in the situation of a child being abused by a parent and other such situations. These wounds will cause all sorts of symptoms that we can misidentify and because of this misidentification, or ignorance, we won't find any relief or cure. It isn't until we know what we are dealing with that we will begin to start to heal completely. For me, thanks be to God, who decided that it was time for all this crap in my life to be done, and He set in motion the circumstances that lead to me being rescued from death and hell. God intervened on my behalf and brought people in to my life that could help me. He placed me in a wonderful Church that had many resources that could help me. He surrounded me with people who were understanding and aware of PTSD and trauma. And, most importantly, Jesus Christ Himself, after making sure that I was properly aware of why I was the way I was, and also after I was brought to know of my own nothingness, and when I called out to Him in mercy, destroyed the chaotic prison of darkness that I was trapped in and started to sear away all that darkness and set me free. Not to take away from any of these things, but it took a lot more than just simply praying, reading my scriptures, going to Church, etc. Now I do those things more effectively because I'm motivated by my love of God and not fear, duty, guilt, shame, or some other such thing.

In any case, PTSD is more than just an emotional response to normal stress or stressful situations.

-Finrock

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

gclayjr wrote: May 12th, 2017, 9:16 pm FreedomForAll,
11. Flashbacks.
First Welcome Home! (For those who don't understand "Welcome Home", Many Viet Nam Vets were told to not wear their uniform home, so that they would not be attacked by anti Viet Nam freaks. They never were given a parade or any other welcome like the veterans of other conflicts... So even if 50 years late, Welcome them Home!).

Thanks for your service. I went into the Marines in 74, so I not only missed the horror of the 68 Tet, I actually missed the end of the war. That being said, in the Old days, we used to call PTSD "Combat Fatigue" or "Shell Shock". Now they call it PTSD. PTSD is now applied to anybody who has had anything stressful in their life,.. sexual molestation, Assault, I don't know maybe even being fired from a job. While I don't want to minimize how stressful these life events are, I think it kind of minimizes just what hell combat is, and maybe we have somewhat minimized just how terrifying this is, by equating it with other bad things that happen to other people who will never understand what combat really is.

Regards,

George Clay
Your response is ignorant, as a matter of fact. PTSD is applied to traumatic experiences in life, not just anything stressful. That is why it is Post Traumatic Stress, not Post Stress Stress Disorder.

People who were in combat, but never raped as a child, repeatedly, for years, will never know what it means to be raped and abused. But, the person who was in combat and the person who was raped and tortured as a child, repeatedly, for years, will both know what PTSD is like and they will understand one another, because they will have that in common. Same for anyone who has experienced other traumatic events, which are events far above and beyond the normal stress and stressful situations that most people experience in life, and have PTSD. Trauma can change you mentally, physiologically, and spiritually. Trauma, in a very real way, can severely wound you mentally, physiologically, and spiritually.

-Finrock

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Finrock,
Your response is ignorant, as a matter of fact. PTSD is applied to traumatic experiences in life, not just anything stressful. That is why it is Post Traumatic Stress, not Post Stress Stress Disorder.

People who were in combat, but never raped as a child, repeatedly, for years, will never know what it means to be raped and abused. But, the person who was in combat and the person who was raped and tortured as a child, repeatedly, for years, will both know what PTSD is like and they will understand one another, because they will have that in common. Same for anyone who has experienced other traumatic events, which are events far above and beyond the normal stress and stressful situations that most people experience in life, and have PTSD. Trauma can change you mentally, physiologically, and spiritually. Trauma, in a very real way, can severely wound you mentally, physiologically, and spiritually.
I realize that your life has been hard. I wouldn't want to experience what you have. However, you do need to get over it!. You spend too much time bathing in your own self pity! and spitting upon those that you hate.. such as I.

Do you realize that you spent 15 days ruminating over this before your angry reply? Don't tell me that you just discovered it. Because you have been posting regularly,.

If I was the kind of jerk you have made me out to be in your fevered brain, I guess I would enjoy the fact that I live rent free in your mind, and you spend too much time hating me. I always know that if I get critical of some ridiculous, heretic, that you'll come rushing to their defense, like a knight on his white charger, because you have more animosity towards me, than a desire to stand up for ideas that are truly right!, or even recognize it!

I personally don't give a d#mn about your angry responses towards me, but I do feel sorry for you and how you have let yourself embrace PTSD, or whatever other word of the day, to excuse any pathetic thing you feel or believe , rather than getting up and getting over it.

By the way, while I was not raped as a child, I doubt that, if I was, I would be telling the world over, and over and over about it. I would keep it to myself

I do have extended family members who were raped as children, and while it has seriously effected their lives, and they probably never became what they might have been, they don't wallow in their self pity! They try to march on, and they measure themselves and are measured by how well they persevere. None of us spends time wallowing in poor so-and-so he/she was raped as a child so pity him/her and excuse them for their ridiculous behavior.

Regards,

George Clay

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

gclayjr wrote: May 27th, 2017, 6:20 am Finrock,

I realize that your life has been hard. I wouldn't want to experience what you have. However, you do need to get over it!. You spend too much time bathing in your own self pity! and spitting upon those that you hate.. such as I.

Do you realize that you spent 15 days ruminating over this before your angry reply? Don't tell me that you just discovered it. Because you have been posting regularly,.

If I was the kind of jerk you have made me out to be in your fevered brain, I guess I would enjoy the fact that I live rent free in your mind, and you spend too much time hating me. I always know that if I get critical of some ridiculous, heretic, that you'll come rushing to their defense, like a knight on his white charger, because you have more animosity towards me, than a desire to stand up for ideas that are truly right!, or even recognize it!

I personally don't give a d#mn about your angry responses towards me, but I do feel sorry for you and how you have let yourself embrace PTSD, or whatever other word of the day, to excuse any pathetic thing you feel or believe , rather than getting up and getting over it.

By the way, while I was not raped as a child, I doubt that, if I was, I would be telling the world over, and over and over about it. I would keep it to myself

I do have extended family members who were raped as children, and while it has seriously effected their lives, and they probably never became what they might have been, they don't wallow in their self pity! They try to march on, and they measure themselves and are measured by how well they persevere. None of us spends time wallowing in poor so-and-so he/she was raped as a child so pity him/her and excuse them for their ridiculous behavior.

Regards,

George Clay
Just saw it yesterday, so no ruminating. Not angry at all. I share to help others, to educate, and to show that it is okay to be vulnerable. Many people keep things inside that they shouldn't or they have no reason too. No self-pity. I hate you not even a little.

It is the content and the substance of your posts that I address. Your post represents a view that many ignorantly have and it can cause more harm.

Did you know that many people who have been abused themselves will be abusers too if they don't acknowledge it and never address it? Did you know that many who have suffered trauma and they do so in silence, thinking they are strong enough to fix themselves, will be really critical of others and tend to have less empathy and concern for others pain and suffering? Meaning, they are more likely to say comments like, suck it up, just like they have sucked it up.

There are many people who are too ashamed or afraid to confront the trauma in their life. Because I have confronted it and I feel happy with myself and don't feel a sense of self pity, I am not afraid to speak openly about it and risk being ridiculed, mocked, or to be treated in a diminutive way.

It is easy to laugh and to hate and to ridicule and to mock, but it takes guts and strenght to be gentle and kind.

You have an opportunity to learn and to be educated, but because of your demonstrated dislike for me and likely because I have called out your abusive behavior towards others, you choose to continue to try to harm and injure another.

I forgive you and don't blame you. I feel that I should have compassion you. Your behavior and words reflect internal pain and dissatisfaction.

-Finrock

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Finrock,

As I mentioned. I do know people in my extended family who have been sexually molested/raped as children. I never said don't get help. I never said that these lives have not been permanently damaged. However, getting help isn't the same as broadcasting it on the Internet., particularly as a barricade against criticism.

It is typical, especially among liberals, to trot out some sympathetic character to make ridiculous arguments to whom you cannot challenge because of their "special Status". Say a black man to talk about race, then you must accept whatever ridiculous thing he says, because he is black, and since you are not, you cannot challenge what he says. It is a common cheap dodge.

You do that. You trot out your past as if that gives you some "special status", and if anybody challenges any ridiculous assertion you make, then they are heartless, because they didn't go through what you went through. That is just a cheap way to get sympathy, and a pass on whatever ridiculous thing you might say!

All this started because you got your panties in a twist because I noted the history of the term PTSD, and stated that I didn't think that every stressful thing should be lumped together as if they are all the same! And you took it personal... because of course your situation is so special, therefor it would be hateful to disagree with you.

Regards,

George Clay

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

gclayjr wrote: May 27th, 2017, 9:25 pm It is typical, especially among liberals, to trot out some sympathetic character to make ridiculous arguments to whom you cannot challenge because of their "special Status". Say a black man to talk about race, then you must accept whatever ridiculous thing he says, because he is black, and since you are not, you cannot challenge what he says. It is a common cheap dodge.
This isn't relevant and just ridiculous in context.
gclayjr wrote: May 27th, 2017, 9:25 pmYou do that. You trot out your past as if that gives you some "special status", and if anybody challenges any ridiculous assertion you make, then they are heartless, because they didn't go through what you went through. That is just a cheap way to get sympathy, and a pass on whatever ridiculous thing you might say!
Demonstrate this with facts, please.

When I use my experience, I use it to testify of the reality, and goodness of Jesus Christ and of His healing power and I stand as a witness because of this experience that Jesus Christ lives, His atonement is real, and we can access His power to overcome great adversity in life to be fully healed and made whole. I use my experience to help others who may have also had similar experiences. I use my experience to show people that they don't have to be victims but they can heal from the shattering effects of abuse. I use my experience to educate people who may be ignorant to trauma and the effects of trauma.
gclayjr wrote: May 27th, 2017, 9:25 pmAll this started because you got your panties in a twist because I noted the history of the term PTSD, and stated that I didn't think that every stressful thing should be lumped together as if they are all the same!

Regards,

George Clay
Actually, you stated some things that demonstrated your ignorance on this subject matter. I was educating you and any others because I happen to have experience in this thing and can speak to it with some authority. This was an opportunity for you to be educated and to learn more about something that you clearly don't understand. The subject matter on this thread is PTSD and as a person who has had PTSD I can speak to it. Your posts are an example of why more people don't talk about their traumatic experiences. It's not that they shouldn't talk about it, but they are afraid of being hurt further by other people. Because I'm not looking for sympathy, because I'm not looking for pity, because I'm not a victim, and because I can't be hurt by what anyone on the internet says to me, I represent a voice for other victims and survivors who don't want to be further injured by callous, insensitive, and ignorant remarks.

I suspect that you've been hurt before, George, and haven't dealt with the trauma.

No person who has experienced traumatic events in life, no matter what they might be, and who is suffering from the symptoms of PTSD, needs to suffer alone. It takes great courage to speak openly about these things and to confront them. But, there are people who do understand the effects of abuse and who will not try to harm or injure you further, but rather they will have compassion and love for you. In my case, it started with my Stake President and my Bishop who understood that it takes more than just prayer, scripture study, and going to Church to heal from these things. The Church has a lot of resources too to help. One article that helped me when I was first coming to terms with my past was the article, "To Heal the Shattering Consequences of Abuse" found here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng. It was one of many good resources available. It can be hard, but ultimately, there is no shame to dealing with these things. In fact, it is tremendously courageous to do so. People don't have to suffer in silence. It is important, though, that you find someone that you trust and know that they won't try to harm or injure you further. And, be patient and try to be understanding of people. Often people feel uncomfortable hearing about dark, traumatic things, and this is normal. Most importantly, God and Jesus Christ love you and they are not disappointed or ashamed of you. They desire to heal you. It can take time. Learn to put your trust in Jesus Christ and allow Him to carry your burden until you get enough strength to heal. Know that Jesus Christ will never abandon you and He understands your suffering completely. He will never ridicule you, try to make you feel ashamed, or do anything to harm or injure you. Get help from professionals if needed. Doing so is not a sign of weakness. In time, and as you exercise faith in Jesus Christ, all things can be made whole and you can be completely healed.

God Bless,
-Finrock

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Finrock,
gclayjr wrote: ↑
Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 pm
You do that. You trot out your past as if that gives you some "special status", and if anybody challenges any ridiculous assertion you make, then they are heartless, because they didn't go through what you went through. That is just a cheap way to get sympathy, and a pass on whatever ridiculous thing you might say!
You do a much better job of it than I can
Actually, you stated some things that demonstrated your ignorance on this subject matter. I was educating you and any others because I happen to have experience in this thing and can speak to it with some authority.
You follow your accusation by proving my point! thank you.

What do you know of the history of combat fatigue, or the other situations that you arrogantly claim "special knowledge of"?

You DO get your panties in a twist demanding the protection of your "special situation"
You are so blind that even as you are claiming innocence and demanding evidence of my assertion of your cheap ploy, you are doing it!

Regards,

George CLay

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

gclayjr wrote: May 28th, 2017, 6:52 am Finrock,
gclayjr wrote: ↑
Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 pm
You do a much better job of it than I can
Actually, you stated some things that demonstrated your ignorance on this subject matter. I was educating you and any others because I happen to have experience in this thing and can speak to it with some authority.
You follow your accusation by proving my point! thank you.

What do you know of the history of combat fatigue, or the other situations that you arrogantly claim "special knowledge of"?

You DO get your panties in a twist demanding the protection of your "special situation"
You are so blind that even as you are claiming innocence and demanding evidence of my assertion of your cheap ploy, you are doing it!

Regards,

George CLay
I have read your post.

-Finrock