Mind-body healing health benefits of meditation

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Larry589
Hi, I'm new.

Mind-body healing health benefits of meditation

Post by Larry589 »

I just thought to share with you all the mind-body healing health benefits of meditation. Being in a state of meditation means being present with what is. There are few things that sitting still and feeling your breath can help you develop. Breathing, following the breath, helps focus the mind and bring you back to the present moment. Deep breathing meditation is worth a look at and is seen that general deep breathing has a lot of benefits and meditation will further add better result to it. I recently read in a blog- https://www.drcohen.ca/general-category ... tructions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about the breath awareness instructions. If you have never done/heard of it, you might find this blog really helpful.

alizeh
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Mind-body healing health benefits of meditation

Post by alizeh »

Meditation is essential in offering healthy benefits to help us focus, eliminate negative thoughts, worries, anxiety, as well as other factors

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I believe it! The mind-body influence is proven by the the placebo effect, which is the FDA’s 1st test factor listed in testing medication effectiveness. Often, medications are about the same or slightly higher than placebo. But with placebo - no nasty side effects.

I don’t believe any one thing (not even meditation) is the solution to everything. Good diet, exercise, sleep & others healthy habits are important too. But I think too often, the power of meditation and harmonizing thoughts & feelings - are ignored, despite them being important parts of the health puzzle.

I have a book that has helped me - it’s similar to this searchable link of mind-body causes of illness & related affirmations to meditate - to improve psychological (spiritual) & physical health... http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/health ... hrWNq5lDv4

Be sure to have self-compassion and resist temptations to shame oneself or others for negative thinking patterns. Often, we learn such patterns so young by parents who learned them so young... The point is to think better to feel better. “As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.”

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

bump