Politics and DoTerra

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Dreamer11:11
Hi, I'm new.

Politics and DoTerra

Post by Dreamer11:11 »

I'm considering becoming a Wellness Advocate for DoTerra Essential Oils. I'm convinced of the potent purity of their oils, and I love the humanitarian activities they're a part of, but I wonder about their political stance and what issues and candidates they support, if any. Political activism through where I choose spend my money is a powerful way to get a message across, and I want to make sure I'm in the right place.

Can anyone here clue me in? Thanks in advance.

I'll continue to look for answers and contact DoTerra directly, but I came across this forum in the process. This looks like a great place for information about a lot of things!

Mcox
captain of 100

Re: Politics and DoTerra

Post by Mcox »

DoTerra in my opinion is a Multi level marketing scam. Their oils are good but definitely not worth the money! There are many other oil companies that charge far less and are equally good. DoTerra lies when they tell you they are the only ones that have quality oils. They use that to keep the money rolling in. I would never get involved with an MLM ever.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Dreamer11:11 wrote:I'm considering becoming a Wellness Advocate for DoTerra Essential Oils. I'm convinced of the potent purity of their oils, and I love the humanitarian activities they're a part of, but I wonder about their political stance and what issues and candidates they support, if any. Political activism through where I choose spend my money is a powerful way to get a message across, and I want to make sure I'm in the right place.

Can anyone here clue me in? Thanks in advance.

I'll continue to look for answers and contact DoTerra directly, but I came across this forum in the process. This looks like a great place for information about a lot of things!

People's avatar's always interest me. Do you care to share why you chose the name Dreamer11:11?

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Try Plant Therapy Essential oils, less than half the cost and organic. NO MLM either

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Butterfly express is a good company for selling essential oils. The founder is motivated by the cause more than money.

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Mcox wrote:DoTerra in my opinion is a Multi level marketing scam. Their oils are good but definitely not worth the money! There are many other oil companies that charge far less and are equally good. DoTerra lies when they tell you they are the only ones that have quality oils. They use that to keep the money rolling in. I would never get involved with an MLM ever.
Oh so true (just remove the "in my opinion" part), if only more people would follow your advice. "Mormons are naive and I can make a lot of money off them." (a co-owner of another MLM company on why he moved his business to Utah). I don't know how many times I've told people this but I'll say it again; Do Your Due Diligence.

And here's another thing, essential oils are not a panacea for all your ailments. They are toxic (except maybe camphor) and your liver has to process them. I still use essential oils, I use them sparingly when needed, however there still is no substitute for clean air, organic food, pure water, exercise, etc.

Dreamer11:11
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Dreamer11:11 »

Thanks for all your replies. :) I'll look into those other essential oil providers mentioned above, as well as some others I've found on this forum. Great source!

My "inner voice" was telling me to be leery of the MLM situation, and the advice I've seen on this forum and in this thread support that feeling. I've found some amazing results using essential oils and will continue to learn about them and inform others, but I'll look for other sources for quality oils.

DesertWonderer asked about my forum name. "Dreamer" is from John Lennon's Imagine... "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one", because I'm an eternal (and sometimes called "infernal") optimist, haha. Often, when I glance at the clock, it's something:11, which I've learned is my guardian angel reminding me they're watching, to call on them for everything, and to have faith that all will work out as its intended. Thanks for asking. :)