Anyone else do oil pulling?

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Anyone else do oil pulling?

Post by markharr »

If you don't know what it is, see this.

https://draxe.com/oil-pulling-coconut-oil/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went in to the dentist last week and having read about oil pulling I asked the hygienist about it halfway expecting to get laughed out of the office.

I was shocked when she told me that she was writing her thesis on it and that it's a very effective ancient method of oral hygiene that is making a comeback.

I have been doing it for four days now. I haven't noticed a huge difference yet but I suspect you need to keep it up for a few weeks to see results.

I should also mention that I am still brushing and flossing I'm just doing the oil pulling in addition to those two.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Anyone else do oil pulling?

Post by rewcox »

Do you want to change your vote to Hillary yet? :)

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... efits.aspx

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

markharr wrote:If you don't know what it is, see this.

https://draxe.com/oil-pulling-coconut-oil/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went in to the dentist last week and having read about oil pulling I asked the hygienist about it halfway expecting to get laughed out of the office.

I was shocked when she told me that she was writing her thesis on it and that it's a very effective ancient method of oral hygiene that is making a comeback.

I have been doing it for four days now. I haven't noticed a huge difference yet but I suspect you need to keep it up for a few weeks to see results.

I should also mention that I am still brushing and flossing I'm just doing the oil pulling in addition to those two.
I've recently read about this too (about 6 months ago) and I swear by this method. About 6 months ago, I got a sharp toothache on my back tooth. Since I've had many cavities throughout my lifetime, I knew right away that this was the beginning of a cavity. But after reading a book or two about oil pulling, and many natural cure websites, I tried this oil pulling method. I use cold-pressed unrefined coconut oil I bought at Costco. I did this every day for about two weeks. I swished it around my mouth for about 15 minutes. My toothache pain was pretty strong the first 2-3 days but disappeared soon after that. After 2 weeks, I slowed down doing my daily oil pulling and just do it 2-3 times a week. I've also slowed down on sweets and added fish oil and other organic foods to my diet.

Since 6 months ago, I've never had that sharp toothache pain return in that same tooth that I'm positive should've given me a cavity. So I'm sold on this oil pulling method. :D

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

It does work!!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Quite a bit of discussion on this thread with some good testimonials.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

I tried doing this before, thanks for the reminder to get back into it. I do remember feeling like my mouth was exhausted after swishing around for 20 min. I used coconut oil. I liked how squeaky clean my mouth felt afterwards.

We also do a swish/gargle with hydrogen peroxide every evening and the kids handle that one much better than the oil. (The kids dilute the peroxide with half water, but my husband and I just use it straight). The dentist always seems surprised at how clean my kid's teeth are.