black garlic

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

black garlic

Post by sushi_chef »

"Introducing a simple food with a wonderfully complex flavor. Black garlic is sweet meets savory, a perfect mix of molasses-like richness and tangy garlic undertones. It has a tender, almost jelly-like texture with a melt-in-your-mouth consistency similar to a soft dried fruit. Hard to believe, but true. It’s as delicious as it is unique.

In Taoism mythology, black garlic was rumored to grant immortality. We can’t promise you that, but there’s no doubt that black garlic is great for your health—it’s loaded with nearly twice as many antioxidants as raw garlic. It also contains S-Allycysteine, which is fancy talk for a natural compound that has been proven to be a factor in cancer prevention."
http://blackgarlic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UTF ... k%20garlic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:-B

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: black garlic

Post by SmallFarm »

Neat I love fermented foods! I had heard of black garlic but didn't realize it was fermented. I wonder if it tastes similar to Worcestershire sauce?

jessica1000
Hi, I'm new.

Post by jessica1000 »

Why do the bulbs look different throughout the year? Do you import Garlic from overseas? Why not just use Garlic solely from the USA? What are the health benefits of black garlic? Why should I buy Black Garlic from Black Garlic North America ? Why is it black? How should I store my Black Garlic?

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

In Chinese medicinal lore black/dark foods were said to be high in jing or life essence. Red pigment turns dark blue/purple when there's higher alkalinity. Red pigments are loaded with anthocyanins, which are anti-oxidant dynamos, which has an anti-aging effect overall because they eliminate free radicals which damage tissue, thus the aging effect. Eat as much red and black/purple foods as you can.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

gruden2.0 wrote: February 25th, 2017, 11:36 am In Chinese medicinal lore black/dark foods were said to be high in jing or life essence. Red pigment turns dark blue/purple when there's higher alkalinity. Red pigments are loaded with anthocyanins, which are anti-oxidant dynamos, which has an anti-aging effect overall because they eliminate free radicals which damage tissue, thus the aging effect. Eat as much red and black/purple foods as you can.
I watched the video and was wondering, is there anyway you can ferment this wrong so that it can make you sick, just wondering cause with my luck...I will grow botulism

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Older/wiser? wrote: February 27th, 2017, 9:55 am
gruden2.0 wrote: February 25th, 2017, 11:36 am In Chinese medicinal lore black/dark foods were said to be high in jing or life essence. Red pigment turns dark blue/purple when there's higher alkalinity. Red pigments are loaded with anthocyanins, which are anti-oxidant dynamos, which has an anti-aging effect overall because they eliminate free radicals which damage tissue, thus the aging effect. Eat as much red and black/purple foods as you can.
I watched the video and was wondering, is there anyway you can ferment this wrong so that it can make you sick, just wondering cause with my luck...I will grow botulism
You can tell when fermented foods are not good. They are not invisible to the senses like botulism. When they go bad, you smell it, see it, and feel it. :ymsick:

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

vs. Raw Garlic
Imagine garlic without all of the annoying stuff. Bad breath? Nope. Pungent odor? Nope. Acrid bite? No sir. You know how a great wine gets better with age? That’s what we’re dealing with here.
Sounds pretty incredible. I've been taking pickled garlic for a health problem but the stuff makes you stink so bad you could scare off skunks.

SweetGarlic
Hi, I'm new.

Post by SweetGarlic »

Hi Everyone!

If you have any questions about Black Garlic that haven't been answered or would like to purchase Black Garlic please visit us at SweetGarlicCo.com.
we will be more then happy to help you. This special product will positively change your diet!

Have a wonderful day!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

SweetGarlic wrote: November 3rd, 2017, 2:04 pm Hi Everyone!

If you have any questions about Black Garlic that haven't been answered or would like to purchase Black Garlic please visit us at SweetGarlicCo.com.
we will be more then happy to help you. This special product will positively change your diet!

Have a wonderful day!
So, I'm wondering if you just joined to push your product since you only have one post and it was posted over two years ago. I mean, the product might be great. It's just that it would be nice to get to know you a little bit.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

sushi_chef wrote: July 29th, 2016, 9:19 pm "Introducing a simple food with a wonderfully complex flavor. Black garlic is sweet meets savory, a perfect mix of molasses-like richness and tangy garlic undertones. It has a tender, almost jelly-like texture with a melt-in-your-mouth consistency similar to a soft dried fruit.
Hard to believe that anything compared to molasses can be good. :P Might be worth trying at some point, though (the next time I am interested in fermenting something).

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

sounds good, I’ve heard of it but never tried before. where can I get some? i doubt ill be able to find it locally, is there a good online vendor that is reputable if i was looking to try it, edit: just saw post above

also, if I were interested in growing some in the garden, i would also appreciate resources on getting what i need for that

also in regards to the video, is there a substitute I could use instead of the rice cooker, i don’t have one, and id be concerned borrowing one and stinking it up with garlic and beer 😀