Alcohol is a direct cause of seven ​​forms of cancer

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Sunain
captain of 1,000

Alcohol is a direct cause of seven ​​forms of cancer

Post by Sunain »

Even more evidence showing the benefits of the Word of Wisdom. Alcohol causes cancer of the oropharynx, larynx, oesophagus, liver, colon, rectum and breast. Alcohol was also likely to cause skin, prostate and pancreatic cancer.
Alcohol causes seven forms of cancer, and people consuming even low to moderate amounts are at risk, according to new analysis.

Health experts endorsed the findings and said they showed that ministers should initiate more education campaigns in order to tackle widespread public ignorance about how closely alcohol and cancer are connected. The study sparked renewed calls for regular drinkers to be encouraged to take alcohol-free days, and for alcohol packaging to carry warning labels.

Fresh analysis of evidence accumulated over recent years implicates alcohol in the development of breast, colon, liver and other types of cancer.

Growing evidence suggested that alcohol was also likely to cause skin, prostate and pancreatic cancer, she added. Emphasising that a drinker’s risk increased in relation to the amount consumed, Connor said: “For all these there is a dose-response relationship.”
Sources: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 7/abstract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... ncer-study" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Alcohol is a direct cause of seven ​​forms of cancer

Post by JohnnyL »

Ouuuch. Just seems to be supporting Hulda Clark, lol.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Re: Alcohol is a direct cause of seven ​​forms of cancer

Post by Sirocco »

I just don't like being drunk.
Growing up took all of alcohol's mystic ideas away.
Something I can just buy (that tastes bad), that has to compete with smoothies and pepsi isn't going to come out on top. lol
Only WoW I find fault with is tea, a scot can't not have his tea.
Though I don't drink tea often and would cause little issue if it actually had to go away.
Pepsi is my drug.