Energy Healing Showdown

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Mcox
captain of 100

Re: Energy Healing Showdown

Post by Mcox »

Johnny, opinion has nothing to do with it. What we are talking about is corruption of true doctrines. Mingling scriptures with the philosophies of men.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Mcox wrote:Johnny, opinion has nothing to do with it. What we are talking about is corruption of true doctrines. Mingling scriptures with the philosophies of men.
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
It's so sad that members of the restored gospel have been deceived by this evil and false practice.
That is an opinion.
Show me otherwise. Lay out an actual argument for your position. Anyone. Without using rumors, hearsay, "this is what they said, but they actually meant (my interpretation)", and spaghetti-on-the-wall scriptures. And, please read the "Communication and dialogue" post first.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

JohnnyL wrote:
Mcox wrote:Johnny, opinion has nothing to do with it. What we are talking about is corruption of true doctrines. Mingling scriptures with the philosophies of men.
It's so sad that members of the restored gospel have been deceived by this evil and false practice.
That is an opinion.
Show me otherwise. Lay out an actual argument for your position. Anyone. Without using rumors, hearsay, "this is what they said, but they actually meant (my interpretation)", and spaghetti-on-the-wall scriptures. And, please read the "Communication and dialogue" post first.
Actually I have a couple sources where the apostles had said energy healing are a product of unholy spirits. Here is one from Parley P. Pratt. He clearly associates energy healing to unholy spirits.

There is still another class of unholy spirits
at work in the world, spirits diverse from all
these, far more intelligent, and, if possible, still
more dangerous. These are the spirit of divina-
tion, vision, foretelling, familiar spirits, "animal
magnetism," or "mesmerism," etc., which reveal
some important truths mixed with the greatest
errors, and also display much intelligence, but
have not the keys of the science of Theology,
the holy Priesthood.

- Science of Theology page 112

Mesmerism is synonymous with Energy Healing. They didn't have this term in Parley's Day.

http://reikienergyperth.com.au/mesmeris ... y-healing/

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

JohnnyL wrote:
That is an opinion.
Here is another source for you JohnnyL.

This is believed to be John Taylor who wrote this.

He (speaking of Satan) presides over the arts of astrology, clairvoyance, mesmerism, electro-biology, and all auguries and divinations. Being Prince of the power of the air he understands aeronautic and steam navigation, and he can compose and combine the various elements, through the co-operation of them that believe in him, with far more that human skill.

The Coming Crisis & How to Meet It - Millennial Star, 30 April 1853

Again electro-biology and mesmerism are mentioned. Both are components of energy work philosophies. Go ahead and discount this too. I know you will.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I guess that balances BY saying doctors are from hell. ;)

I'd say had they actually understood things, they wouldn't have said that. Had they actually been to or deeply inquired or discussed any of them? No. By the way, what is electro-biology?

And I guess this: "Being Prince of the power of the air he understands aeronautic and steam navigation, and he can compose and combine the various elements, through the co-operation of them that believe in him, with far more that human skill." means that anything that flies, and anything that uses steam, are of Satan, too?

Pleas show how the majority of EH use mesmerism.

There you go again... EH is not a hologram. There are many types. I know you still don't understand this, but neither do the other anti-EHers, either. It's like attacking LDS because of the FLDS... :(

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

If we humans actually have any power within ourselves, maybe EH wouldn't be so bad. I don't think we do, and that we borrow energy. We are nothing but dust of the earth. Be sure about the creditor you're borrowing from.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

JohnnyL wrote:I guess that balances BY saying doctors are from hell. ;)

I'd say had they actually understood things, they wouldn't have said that. Had they actually been to or deeply inquired or discussed any of them? No. By the way, what is electro-biology?

And I guess this: "Being Prince of the power of the air he understands aeronautic and steam navigation, and he can compose and combine the various elements, through the co-operation of them that believe in him, with far more that human skill." means that anything that flies, and anything that uses steam, are of Satan, too?

Pleas show how the majority of EH use mesmerism.

There you go again... EH is not a hologram. There are many types. I know you still don't understand this, but neither do the other anti-EHers, either. It's like attacking LDS because of the FLDS... :(
BY said lots of stuff. I don't care for much of his pearls of a word I can't say here. Doctors can be good and/or bad like everyone else. Humans inherently can be good and/or bad. Who gave us electrobiology anyway or chakras? Who gave us agency to use them either way? If we can use science and clone unnatural things, the adversary certainly can. False healings too. And being electrobiological beings, maybe we are just living in a holographic existence. Nobody knows except God and the devil. But if I'm a hologram, I want a good holodeck program in eternity

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

MrNasty wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
That is an opinion.

He (speaking of Satan) presides over the arts of astrology, clairvoyance, mesmerism, electro-biology, and all auguries and divinations. Being Prince of the power of the air he understands aeronautic and steam navigation, and he can compose and combine the various elements, through the co-operation of them that believe in him, with far more that human skill.

Again electro-biology and mesmerism are mentioned. Both are components of energy work philosophies. Go ahead and discount this too. I know you will.
Just google electro-biology and energy healing together. I shouldn't have to do this for you. BTW Brigham Young was correct. Once the doctors came to town the saints began to rely less and less on the Priesthood. Now look at the saints. We used to look to the priesthood first for healing and then to doctors or in your case energy work. Now we call upon the priesthood as a last resort. I can see clearly why BY made these comments.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

MrNasty wrote:
MrNasty wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
That is an opinion.

Just google electro-biology and energy healing together. I shouldn't have to do this for you. BTW Brigham Young was correct. Once the doctors came to town the saints began to rely less and less on the Priesthood. Now look at the saints. We used to look to the priesthood first for healing and then to doctors or in your case energy work. Now we call upon the priesthood as a last resort. I can see clearly why BY made these comments.
Morley Farm restoration of PH is why I make my comments. And BY's Reformation.Just google it. I shouldn't have to do this for you.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

So once more, we are being selective about what we accept and what we reject. Here, look up cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias. Why do I always have to do your work for you, guys? (Boy, that sounds lame, huh?)

No, BY did not say that for the reasons you mention. Your reasons contradict what he also taught about healing, which has been brought up multiple times on this forum. Please remember--not sure why I have to do this for you, I shouldn't, you should be able to do this yourself. (That sounds lame again, huh?)

And once more, there was selective response to which questions to answer, and which to avoid. I shouldn't have to remind you to respond to questions, even ones that make you look bad, should I? (Wow, three times lame!)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

So Rachel, I think you are starting to understand that "energy is neutral", so to say, or in better words, it can be used for both good and bad. Good, you're ahead of many in the anti-EH group, now. :)

I understand that of course you believe that bad healing with energy is possible.

Do you believe that good healing with energy is possible?
Or do you believe that unlike every other form of energy, and every other duality (lots of ways to use electrical energy/electricity, for example, in both good and bad ways), this is limited in that only through priesthood can energy be used for good healing? If so, why the limit here, but not in other dualities?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... posed&em=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The word of the Lord as found in the Holy Scriptures should be the standard by which we judge truth from error. We are consistently warned that the philosophies of men would be very well accepted in this world. However, God's word is the source of all truth.
Whenever I am presented with a new idea I always ask myself. Is this teaching presented in the scriptures? Is it a philosophy of men mingled with scripture or is it a pure truth. If it is not a doctrine taught by Christ or His apostles in the scriptures I know that I can reject that idea as a philosophy of men so that I am not deceived.
You will never read the following words or phrases or teachings in any of the doctrines of Christ or in any book of scripture.
I am sending you positive vibes.
Raise your vibration.
Put it out to the universe and what your positive thoughts focus on you will receive.
The law of attraction
Energy healing
Conscious creator
Co creator with God
Tap into another's energy
Astral projection
Trapped emotions
And etc.
These are not Christ centered teachings."

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Sorry, that's lame reasoning. Do you read "dentist" in the scriptures? Do you read "cell phone" or "computer" in the scriptures? Do you read any of 1,000's of things in the scriptures? Hello!! I guess that means you don't have a cell phone, a computer, or go to a dentist. Otherwise, your reasoning is wrong, or you are a hypocrite--which?

The apocrypha--God and man's words, mixed. None of that is in the scriptures, except God saying parts of it are. So are you going to throw out God's word, because it's not in the scriptures? Do we throw out EVERY truth that is not in the scriptures? :-\

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Isa 8:19
And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Acts 16:16
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

Genesis 41:24
And the thin ears devoured the seven good ears: and I told this unto the magicians; but there was none that could declare it to me.

Leviticus 19:31
Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6
And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

1 Samuel 28:8
And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee.

2 Kings 21:6
And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

2 Kings 23:24
Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the LORD.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

JohnnyL wrote:Sorry, that's lame reasoning. Do you read "dentist" in the scriptures? Do you read "cell phone" or "computer" in the scriptures? Do you read any of 1,000's of things in the scriptures? Hello!! I guess that means you don't have a cell phone, a computer, or go to a dentist. Otherwise, your reasoning is wrong, or you are a hypocrite--which?

The apocrypha--God and man's words, mixed. None of that is in the scriptures, except God saying parts of it are. So are you going to throw out God's word, because it's not in the scriptures? Do we throw out EVERY truth that is not in the scriptures? :-\
You make a very good point and logically, you would be correct except that the things you listed as example have nothing do with spiritual matters nor were they technologies at the time the scriptures were written. ER supposedly is spiritual and if it were it would've been practiced by the saints in the scriptural days.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

DesertWonderer wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:Sorry, that's lame reasoning. Do you read "dentist" in the scriptures? Do you read "cell phone" or "computer" in the scriptures? Do you read any of 1,000's of things in the scriptures? Hello!! I guess that means you don't have a cell phone, a computer, or go to a dentist. Otherwise, your reasoning is wrong, or you are a hypocrite--which?

You make a very good point and logically, you would be correct except that the things you listed as example have nothing do with spiritual matters nor were they technologies at the time the scriptures were written. ER supposedly is spiritual and if it were it would've been practiced by the saints in the scriptural days.
Hi DesertWonderer,

Could you be kind enough to relate any of those scriptures to EH? I fear it feels like yet another round of spaghetti scriptures...

Could you respond to the Apocrypha question, please? Then I would feel better about discussing the last part of your post. :)

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

JohnnyL wrote:So Rachel, I think you are starting to understand that "energy is neutral", so to say, or in better words, it can be used for both good and bad. Good, you're ahead of many in the anti-EH group, now. :)

I understand that of course you believe that bad healing with energy is possible.

Or do you believe that unlike every other form of energy, and every other duality (lots of ways to use electrical energy/electricity, for example, in both good and bad ways), this is limited in that only through priesthood can energy be used for good healing? If so, why the limit here, but not in other dualities?
I agree with Rachael's earlier post that we ourselves are not controlling the energy by our thoughts. I think it is either good or bad spirits doing the work on the other side, and you are choosing which side you're going to use. The danger is when you start relying on the wrong source for something that appears to do good.

My take on your questions is that Satan has his bounds, but he is given some freedom to manipulate energy and the elements, just as God can through the Priesthood. It's obvious that Satan can make people feel good, and heal to some extent. BY said as much, and I know just from talking with others that Satan can lift or take away pains or conditions that plagued people, but I have to ask the question, what side is making that condition bad in the first place?

God has ordained signs and tokens for HIS healing power. Satan has devised his own signs and tokens. The question is whose signs and token are you going to use?

Joseph Smith -

"Baptism is a sign to God, to angels, to heaven, that we do the will of God and there is no other way beneath the heavens whereby God hath ordained for man to come, and any other course is in vain. God hath decreed and ordained that man should repent of all his sins and be baptized for the remission of his sins; then he can come to God in the name of Jesus Christ in faith, then we have the promise of the Holy Ghost.

"What is the sign of the healing of the sick? The laying on of hands is the sign or way marked out by James and the custom of the ancient saints as ordered by the Lord. And we should not obtain the blessing by pursuing any other course except the way which God has marked out. What if we should attempt to get the Holy Ghost through any other means except the sign, or way, which God hath appointed? Should we obtain it? Certainly not. All other means would fail. The Lord says, do so and so and I will bless so and so.

"There are certain key words and signs belonging to the priesthood which must be observed in order to obtain the blessings. The sign of Peter was to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins, with the promise of the gift of the Holy Ghost, and in no other way is the gift of the Holy Ghost obtained."

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

JohnnyL wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:

Hi DesertWonderer,

Could you be kind enough to relate any of those scriptures to EH? All of them do ex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPqhPQ ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or "DR" Nelson the father of emotion code and his magical Amega wand

Could you respond to the Apocrypha question, please? Then I would feel better about discussing the last part of your post. :)
Here's what I think about the apocrypha:

D^C 91: 1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you concerning the Apocrypha—There are many things contained therein that are true, and it is mostly translated correctly;

2 There are many things contained therein that are not true, which are interpolations by the hands of men.

3 Verily, I say unto you, that it is not needful that the Apocrypha should be translated.

4 Therefore, whoso readeth it, let him understand, for the Spirit manifesteth truth;

5 And whoso is enlightened by the Spirit shall obtain benefit therefrom;

6 And whoso receiveth not by the Spirit, cannot be benefited. Therefore it is not needful that it should be translated. Amen.

I hope you not trying to compare the apocrypha to EC. A better comparison would be EC to Playboy: There is excellent political commentary therein. Do you really want / need / out to wade through the garbage to get the one gem? No.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Sarah wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:So Rachel, I think you are starting to understand that "energy is neutral", so to say, or in better words, it can be used for both good and bad. Good, you're ahead of many in the anti-EH group, now. :)

I agree with Rachael's earlier post that we ourselves are not controlling the energy by our thoughts. I think it is either good or bad spirits doing the work on the other side, and you are choosing which side you're going to use. The danger is when you start relying on the wrong source for something that appears to do good.
May I ask, "spirits doing" WHAT "work on the other side"?
What part does the light of Christ play? Here's an article for you: http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds ... 6/zpe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My take on your questions is that Satan has his bounds, but he is given some freedom to manipulate energy and the elements, just as God can through the Priesthood. It's obvious that Satan can make people feel good, and heal to some extent. BY said as much, and I know just from talking with others that Satan can lift or take away pains or conditions that plagued people, but I have to ask the question, what side is making that condition bad in the first place?

God has ordained signs and tokens for HIS healing power. Satan has devised his own signs and tokens. The question is whose signs and token are you going to use?
That's only if you're going to use one of those two. There are many more spirits/ manifestations.

I think this has been mentioned numerous, numerous times, but it's still not getting understood: EH is not priesthood healing. Is that clear?

Let me ask the question clearer: Do you believe that good healing, other than with the priesthood, with energy, is possible? If so, how do you distinguish this good healing from bad healing?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

DesertWonderer wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:

Hi DesertWonderer,

Could you be kind enough to relate any of those scriptures to EH? All of them do ex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPqhPQ ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or "DR" Nelson the father of emotion code and his magical Amega wand

Here's what I think about the apocrypha:

D^C 91: 1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you concerning the Apocrypha—There are many things contained therein that are true, and it is mostly translated correctly;

2 There are many things contained therein that are not true, which are interpolations by the hands of men.

3 Verily, I say unto you, that it is not needful that the Apocrypha should be translated.

4 Therefore, whoso readeth it, let him understand, for the Spirit manifesteth truth;

5 And whoso is enlightened by the Spirit shall obtain benefit therefrom;

6 And whoso receiveth not by the Spirit, cannot be benefited. Therefore it is not needful that it should be translated. Amen.

I hope you not trying to compare the apocrypha to EC. A better comparison would be EC to Playboy: There is excellent political commentary therein. Do you really want / need / out to wade through the garbage to get the one gem? No.
You're claiming you threw all those scriptures against the wall, and every one stuck?? Ha ha. =))

Of course I am comparing the Apocrypha to EH. (I'm not sure what EC is, could you clarify?) And it works very well, though you, of course, can't get it. ;)

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

JohnnyL wrote:
Sarah wrote:

What part does the light of Christ play? Here's an article for you: http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds ... 6/zpe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's only if you're going to use one of those two. There are many more spirits/ manifestations.

I think this has been mentioned numerous, numerous times, but it's still not getting understood: EH is not priesthood healing. Is that clear?

Let me ask the question clearer: Do you believe that good healing, other than with the priesthood, with energy, is possible? If so, how do you distinguish this good healing from bad healing?

There are many more spirits/ manifestations.
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying letting the spirits of the dead help you is okay?
EH is not priesthood healing.
I agree
I'm just assuming, but I don't know, that good spirits may play a part in healing done through the Priesthood/Holy Ghost. But I don't claim to know how it physically works. All I'm saying is that someone's intellect is moving energy around, and I don't believe is a mortal's mind only that controls these things. You are either praying to God, or you are praying to someone else.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

I didn't say all energy is neutral, I said we borrow energy. So it can be from good or bad sources, not from within ourselves. Christ healed others, and it was according to their faith. Maybe the only power that we have in of ourselves is faith. If you are putting your faith in EH, it's a grey area, but I think it's a getting very dark shade of grey.

Maybe EH helps people sometimes, or maybe a PH blessing. Or maybe a scientifically researched medical procedure. I didn't say it couldn't work. The devil is powerful. Just not nearly as powerful as the All Mighty God.

I have dabbled with chakra stuff before, and I don't believe it's of the LORD. At all.

The Morley Farm accounts where the PH was restored revealed the "Man of Sin" as JS predicted. A lot of them became temporarily demonically possessed. If those accounts are true, its a creepy event IMO.

I don't know why you get so defensive about this particular topic, when you're not about others. But I get that way about some particular topics too. There must be an/some interesting story/ies about EH you've experienced. And maybe I'm projecting, since I got defensive too. It's hard for me to not be hypocritic sometimes even when making a conscientious effort. Anyway, God bless.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

JohnnyL wrote:So once more, we are being selective about what we accept and what we reject. Here, look up cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias. Why do I always have to do your work for you, guys? (Boy, that sounds lame, huh?)

No, BY did not say that for the reasons you mention. Your reasons contradict what he also taught about healing, which has been brought up multiple times on this forum. Please remember--not sure why I have to do this for you, I shouldn't, you should be able to do this yourself. (That sounds lame again, huh?)

And once more, there was selective response to which questions to answer, and which to avoid. I shouldn't have to remind you to respond to questions, even ones that make you look bad, should I? (Wow, three times lame!)
I'm lame a lot times. Put exponent on the times, maybe it will be easier to use scientific notation.

I know what cognitive dissonance is and confirmation bias. Guilty sometimes. Sometimes innocent, or I think I am, and striving to be objective, but it's still probably a just a subjective opinion of myself.

I'm about to go to bed. I will try to figure out what questions you thought if I answered would make me look bad when I get up. That's when I look the bad-dest

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

This is where we are Johnny. Might as well 'get it'... From years ago... you can look for truth any where to now... you can look for truth where we allow it. The origins of the church itself utilized some of the things these ppl post about. JOSEPH SMITH used devination. Period. He used crystals. He used a number of tools that they now want to disavow. Enough articles have covered those subjects. By their own words they disqualify themselves as arbiters of what is truth & what is not. Joseph & many others were very charismatic.

They want to arbitrate every jot and tittle now because they don't control the tittles. Look at the intricate orchestrations to justify polygamy. Ppl will bend over backwards and thread themselves through tight knots to make things line up with their view. The same ppl who throw stones at EH will tell you why BY's harem was fine & why Joseph could marry another man's wife. Same thing. You do not hear of powerful & common healings today but they want to arbitrate the mechanisms of healing.

I say stand up and heal. Just do it rather than argue about who can, should, shouldn't, or won't.... We had this discussion once somewhere else, ppl piled on to a woman who began using energy healers, they howled and scorned. She let em rip. Finally she called them out. She had asked every one of them for a blessing and not one would.

So fine. Pick YOUR method and use it. Nobody is discrediting the power or ability of the priesthood to heal. I would've never ever ever known that EH existed if not for men who knew not how to cast out. Many had a shot at it. Not. One. Knew. How. To. Do. It.

Thanks to those like Dr. Fish & Dr. Nelson who introduced me to other options. Thanks to the promptings and guidance of the Holy Spirit after many years of fasting and prayer to take me there. My issues were resolved completely.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Ether 12 teaches:
31 For thus didst thou manifest thyself unto thy disciples; for after they had faith, and did speak in thy name, thou didst show thyself unto them in great power.
Pretty much, faith in Christ's can be used to get powerful results; healing, casting out Devils, etc.
And if you have the faith to do this, you are close to seeing Him face to face, as Moroni did and testifies of at the end of Ether chapter 12.