Does it do harm to opt to stop having your child vaccinated?

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Does it do harm to opt to stop having your child vaccinated?

Post by sadie_Mormon »

I've always had my kids vaccinated simple put out of guilt that if something was to happen it would be my fault. They are under 12 yrs. Plus I didn't have the opportunity to homeschool so it wasn't like they weren't going to be exposed daily.

I've seriously been giving consideration of terminating any future vaccinations. My question is has anyone ever done this?

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Re: Does it do harm to opt to stop having your child vaccina

Post by uglypitbull »

My folks did it with my siblings and me. I wont vaccinate my kids, nor will any one else in my family. Most of my friends who have kids are also going that route now that they are realizing what a sham vaccinations are.

Read about it on NaturalNews.com....you can actually get the toxic heavy metals (from vaccines) out of your body using real food.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

My first baby reacted to a vaccine shot (her first at only a couple of months old). Went into shock. Nearly died. I refused all shots after that. My son was vaccinated without my permission and knowledge in the hospital even though I had no venereal disease/drug addiction (I found out when the doctor carelessly commented that he'd been vaccinated). Then he had a tetanus shot when he was about 6 (covering my tail, legally). My other daughter has never been vaccinated.

My son is the one who gets sick more often than his sisters, but not as often as other children, as far as I can tell. My children are 20, 18, and 16.

My two youngest had chicken pox. My oldest and myself have never had it, even though we were definitely exposed to it.

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

Thank you both for sharing. I just feel like they shouldn't have any more vaccinations. I think it's dangerous and frankly I have no idea what it all contains.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

I've tried to convince my daughter to not have her daughter vaccinated, or to at least choose only the most necessary ones, like tetanus. I survived having measles, mumps, whooping cough and chicken pox as a kid...so don't feel those are necessary vaccines.

I applaud you Sadie_Mormon for being knowledgeable enough to know and courageous enough to take a stand against vaccininations.

imperfectionst
captain of 100

Post by imperfectionst »

There is no danger except death or permanent disability.

Oh, and...
polio, whooping cough, chickenpox, diphtheria, hepatitis, flu, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus...

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

I am not interesting is stirring up the pot or getting into a debate, but personally I completely disagree with the anti-vaccinate crowd. I think you are definitely harming your kids and your community by not vaccinating. I have looked into the claims anti-vaccine claims and found them severely lacking logic and rigorous evidence. Vaccinations (and evidenced based medicine) are a gift of God to inspired men who were tirelessly looking for ways to alleviate some of the the suffering sickness causes humanity. I personally feel that ignoring vaccinations is to deny a gift from God.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

imperfectionst
captain of 100

Post by imperfectionst »

Gad wrote:I am not interesting is stirring up the pot or getting into a debate, but personally I completely disagree with the anti-vaccinate crowd. I think you are definitely harming your kids and your community by not vaccinating. I have looked into the claims anti-vaccine claims and found them severely lacking logic and rigorous evidence. Vaccinations (and evidenced based medicine) are a gift of God to inspired men who were tirelessly looking for ways to alleviate some of the the suffering sickness causes humanity. I personally feel that ignoring vaccinations is to deny a gift from God.
Exactly. Look to the wisdom of Solomon.

For he hath given me certain knowledge of the things that are, namely, to know how the world was made, and the operation of the elements...

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

imperfectionst wrote:
Gad wrote:I am not interesting is stirring up the pot or getting into a debate, but personally I completely disagree with the anti-vaccinate crowd. I think you are definitely harming your kids and your community by not vaccinating. I have looked into the claims anti-vaccine claims and found them severely lacking logic and rigorous evidence. Vaccinations (and evidenced based medicine) are a gift of God to inspired men who were tirelessly looking for ways to alleviate some of the the suffering sickness causes humanity. I personally feel that ignoring vaccinations is to deny a gift from God.
Exactly. Look to the wisdom of Solomon.

For he hath given me certain knowledge of the things that are, namely, to know how the world was made, and the operation of the elements...
Yep, that quote certainly says "vaccinations".

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

imperfectionst wrote:There is no danger except death or permanent disability.

Oh, and...
polio, whooping cough, chickenpox, diphtheria, hepatitis, flu, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus...
Here you go imperfectionist, please watch this video:

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

My two oldest had a few vaccinations but my two youngest haven't had any (ages 10, 8, 4 and 2). I haven't noticed a difference either way other than my two oldest have allergies and my two youngest don't :-?

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

shadow wrote:My two oldest had a few vaccinations but my two youngest haven't had any (ages 10, 8, 4 and 2). I haven't noticed a difference either way other than my two oldest have allergies and my two youngest don't :-?
Watch "Vaccine Nation" above.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

You know, it all sounds (sounded) so good.
Then I questioned the doctors; they didn't know, and it seemed they didn't care.
I looked into it. The pro- seem like such sound, good arguments. Then the anti- ripped most of them apart. When things are based on deceit, cover-up, denial, lying, name-changing, fraud, fake science, etc., that doesn't fare well for me.
I looked at our children...
We stopped.
I learned about lots and lots of natural food/ "medicine"/ herbs/ healing/ etc., and realized for myself that vaccines was often a fear-based, fear-driven money machine.
No regrets. None.
Harm? None that I can think of, except perhaps social stigma.

imperfectionst
captain of 100

Post by imperfectionst »

Go ahead and roll the dice with your children's lives. I'm sure prayer will do the job as well as any vaccine. And if not, well... God works in mysterious ways doesn't He? Adversity makes us stronger and tests our faith. Science is just a scam designed to make money for the drug companies.

And the moon landing was faked.

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

I studied history in school. I think anyone that has problems with vaccines should spend some time researching what the world was like before them. We have forgotten how marvelous this gift is.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Gad wrote:I studied history in school. I think anyone that has problems with vaccines should spend some time researching what the world was like before them. We have forgotten how marvelous this gift is.
Perhaps, but there is a lot of evidence that shows the historical improvements in health and that resistance to these sicknesses had nothing to do with the vaccines. This issue isn't nearly as clear as you seem to think. It is an absolute fact that vaccines contain substances proven to be harmful to the body. So the question is, do you believe vaccines work, if so then it might be worth the risk to you, but if you see the evidence as so many of us have, and begin to doubt vaccinations, then it would be only logical not to vaccinate, knowing that you are ingesting harmful substances and probably aren't getting any benefit.

There have been lots of good threads with strong evidence against vaccines here on the FF. Search the forums and the internet. There is a mountain of evidence showing that vaccines don't really work. Do you really want to take the guaranteed dose of poison on the off chance they might help despite the evidence to the contrary? If so, that is your right, but please don't talk to those of us who disagree like we are idiots that don't know anything about history or science.

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

Rensai wrote: If so, that is your right, but please don't talk to those of us who disagree like we are idiots that don't know anything about history or science.
I apologize if I conveyed a sense that I thought people who disagreed were idiots. I don't think that.

I have examined evidence for and against vaccines and I find that it weighs in favor of vaccinations being effective. In fact, those that don't vaccinate still get the herd immunity benefits of vaccinations. (I do not deny that there is a very small incidence of negative side effects.)

I bring up the history aspect to point out the incredible suffering and costs that happen in a society without any of the herd immunity we currently enjoy (both vaccinated and un-vaccinated). In fact, I believe that this debate is only possible due to the phenomenal success vaccinations has provided. For example, people lived in fear of these diseases, children died, lives were impaired... and all of that has disappeared (see polio for example).

I understand that there are others that disagree and I do not have an intention of changing their minds. I only posted in this thread because a poster had a question about whether stopping vaccines harms their children and I wanted to present my answer to that question as a balance to the other ones.

Once again, I apologize if my posts were viewed as mocking or minimizing your viewpoint. I understand this is a "hot" topic and did not want to get engaged in a contentious debate.

a1antiques4u
Hi, I'm new.

Post by a1antiques4u »

No, it will not do harm to opt to stop having your child vaccinated. There is so much information out there concerning this matter. A lot of misinformation. First of all any use of force is not of God. Don't ever expect the government to have your best interest in mind. Modern Medicine is controlled and has become a monopoly which is against our constitution. Alternative sources are ridiculed. God has provided everything we need to be healed and to stay healthy. If you study history, the diseases that vaccinations claim to have eliminated were already on a steady decline. This is all documented. Sanitation, healthy living and good nutrition account for the decline. As you see in third world countries, they are plagued with many of these diseases because they do not have the basic necessities in life. Clean water is essential too of course. There are countless examples of diseases that were eliminated due to sanitation, etc. If you look into the polio vaccine you will find out that the vaccine was given credit it did not deserve. It actually killed people and gave them polio. The smallpox vaccine was a disaster. When given in countries where they did not have many cases, after the vaccine it went out of control. Read the Poisoned Needle and Immunization: The Reality Behind the Myth by Walene James. They will give you the facts not found in the media. There are also natural methods to treat childhood disease. Vitamin A has helped save many children in impoverished nations. Clean water and healthy food are the most important things to give to these children. The Word of Wisdom promises us health by eating the whole foods given to us by God. Food is our best medicine. I do not give my children immunizations. An interesting fact about tetanus is that it is bacterial and there is no way to become immunized against it. You can only build health through the things God has provided for us. He has not provided immunizations. They are made of filth and poisons. Vaccinations do kill and harm children. I would trust the immune system that God has given us. Animal pus, DNA, aborted fetus cells, etc. do not belong in the human bloodstream. If you look at the health of American children, it is not very good. We have many sicknesses that were never a problem for children. Do not trust in the arm of the flesh. Just follow Gods laws and your children will have the best chance in surviving the plagues of our day. One more thing. My son was hurt on his mission and needed stitches. The Dr. gave him the tetanus shot without my son's consent. My son has suffered ever since with pain because of this shot. Although I do not believe in immunizations at all, everyone needs to study it for themselves. It is a personal decision.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Gad wrote:
Rensai wrote: If so, that is your right, but please don't talk to those of us who disagree like we are idiots that don't know anything about history or science.
I apologize if I conveyed a sense that I thought people who disagreed were idiots. I don't think that.

I have examined evidence for and against vaccines and I find that it weighs in favor of vaccinations being effective. In fact, those that don't vaccinate still get the herd immunity benefits of vaccinations. (I do not deny that there is a very small incidence of negative side effects.)

I bring up the history aspect to point out the incredible suffering and costs that happen in a society without any of the herd immunity we currently enjoy (both vaccinated and un-vaccinated). In fact, I believe that this debate is only possible due to the phenomenal success vaccinations has provided. For example, people lived in fear of these diseases, children died, lives were impaired... and all of that has disappeared (see polio for example).

I understand that there are others that disagree and I do not have an intention of changing their minds. I only posted in this thread because a poster had a question about whether stopping vaccines harms their children and I wanted to present my answer to that question as a balance to the other ones.

Once again, I apologize if my posts were viewed as mocking or minimizing your viewpoint. I understand this is a "hot" topic and did not want to get engaged in a contentious debate.
Thanks for clarifying.

Since you brought up herd immunity, you might find this report interesting. According the the theory of herd immunity, we don't have enough people vaccinated to be protected and yet, still enjoy all the supposed benefits of it.

http://www.whale.to/a/herd.html
One of the grand lies of the vaccine program is the concept of "herd immunity." It is based on the idea that if a certain percentage of the population is immunized against an infectious disease, epidemics can be prevented. The exact percentage changes, mainly, in my opinion, to suit the vaccine manufacturers. In the beginning it was 68 percent, but now some are calling for 95 to 100 percent immunization to reach these goals. We are constantly told, and many doctors believe, that herd immunity has prevented epidemics from occurring in modern America. Unfortunately, there is very little evidence of this for a number of reasons. .....vaccines for most Americans declined to non-protective levels within 5 to 10 years of the vaccines. This means that for the vast majority of Americans, as well as others in the developed world, herd immunity doesn't exist and hasn't for over 60 years. Vaccine Safety Manual by Neil Z. Miller. (Preface)
The belief in herd immunity leads to many delusions. One of them is that when the number of immune people in a community drops below a certain point, it will make the next epidemic come sooner. In 1976 in Britain the vaccination rate for whooping cough dropped from 76% to 42%, because there had been publicity of bad side effects from the vaccine. The medicrats expected that the drop in the vaccination rate would make the next whooping cough epidemic come sooner, as well as expecting it to be worse. The whooping cough bacteria paid no attention to human theories, and the disease followed the usual timing of its natural cycle of virulence. Medicrats expressed surprise that the epidemic did not come sooner. There were also fewer cases and fewer deaths during this epidemic. The much lower vaccination rate of 42% made no difference to the long term decline of whooping cough, which had been happening for a hundred years. [2005] Raising A Vaccine Free Child by WENDY LYDALL

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Gad wrote:I studied history in school. I think anyone that has problems with vaccines should spend some time researching what the world was like before them. We have forgotten how marvelous this gift is.
I have studied history, but real history. The diseases and death rate were diminishing before vaccinations began to be used, and most definitely before they became widespread. There is no real connection between vaccines and decreased mortality rates from so-called "vaccine preventable" diseases when one looks at the historical records themselves. Yet there is much connection between vaccines and autoimmune diseases such as cancer. And Autism was almost unknown at one time; I don't know if it even existed prior to vaccine use.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Their is a book published called The Health Century, it was produced to back up a PBS TV special of the same name. You will find inside the documentation of how the polio vaccines of the late 50s too early 60s had a cancer virus in it, the makers knew it did but still gave it to millions of children. It took a couple of years before the public was told about it , and this info was published on the back pages of the newspaper so know one really knew about it and the media didn't pick it up to alert the public.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Moonwhim, you bring up something that should most definitely be addressed - and that is what is purposely put in the vaccines. Now, I don't know whether cancer could be accidently be put in, but it would be pretty easy to decrease the surplus population (sort of like the swine flu vaccine back in the day) by the addition of extra materials.

SOMETHING in a vaccine made my baby deathly ill - I don't think it was anything other than what is normally in a vaccine, though.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

A Random Phrase wrote:Moonwhim, you bring up something that should most definitely be addressed - and that is what is purposely put in the vaccines. Now, I don't know whether cancer could be accidently be put in, but it would be pretty easy to decrease the surplus population (sort of like the swine flu vaccine back in the day) by the addition of extra materials.

SOMETHING in a vaccine made my baby deathly ill - I don't think it was anything other than what is normally in a vaccine, though.
They've already done it in at least one instance. With 78% of the polio cases in pakistan tied to the vaccine either A) they are deliberately trying to infect them or B) at best the vaccine is a monumental failure.

78 percent of Pakistani children with polio were given polio vaccines

http://www.naturalnews.com/032587_polio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... istan.html
]
In the last year, as Pakistan has lost favor with the US and UNICEF, polio virus has paralyzed increasing numbers of Pakistani youth, casting doubt on the good intentions of those who fight polio. To make matters worse, most of the new cases have occurred in children already vaccinated. Is the US attempting to fight Pakistan by tainting inoculation doses?

The medical data suggests that the vaccine has changed in its efficacy against the disease. Last year, there were 136 cases of infected youth, and 107 of these had been administered multiple polio vaccinations. These figures are the largest the Polio Global Eradication Initiative has seen since 2006, despite heavy treatment in the most affected areas, South Punjab and the Federally Administered Tribal Area (FATA).

Even the more peaceful provinces have suffered. As reported by the Pakistan Daily times, there were 10 cases of polio in Sindh province in the first four months of the year. The article morbidly notes each of the cases, citing the children's names and the number of vaccinations they had received before the onset of polio virus: "Mohammad Asif, aged 40 months with all his limbs affected... was administered oral anti polio vaccine (OPV) four times... The three and a half years old Ameera... had one of her arms and legs paralyzed... Ameera was first of the confirmed cases of polio during the current year."

As one might imagine, Pakistani citizens are beginning to suspect foul play. Dr. Mazhar Khamisani, a manager of the health department in Sindh has noted that he has seen Pakistani parents begin to refuse treatment and do so on repeated occasions. And how could we, when confronted with the facts, ask them to do otherwise?

The type of polio vaccine administered may be a significant cause of the problem. There are two main types of polio vaccine, Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV) and Oral Polio Vaccine (OPV). The first of these uses dead cells of poliomyelitis. IPV was developed by Jonas Salk before being disseminated throughout the US in the 1950s, to quell the outbreak that was then infecting roughly 22,000 American children each year. Within 20 years, polio was all but forgotten in America.

However, The Polio Global Eradication Initiative chooses to use the second type, Oral Polio Vaccine. OPV was developed by Albert Sabin and runs the virus through a number of animals in order to weaken the strain rather than kill it. The weakened strain is then injected into children, whose immune systems are strong enough to defeat the infection. It is easy to see how treatment could backfire, in cases when the strain has not been weakened enough for human contact.

Despite the fact that it was not widely disseminated in the US, possibly because of the dangers associated with its use, OPV is the vaccine of choice in countries like Pakistan because, soon after vaccination, weakened virus can be found in children's fecal matter. Immunity can then spread to communal water sources and increase immunity for greater portions of the population. So even if parents refuse OPV treatment, their children may still receive it indirectly through the drinking water.

Historically, there have been cases of outbreak when a weakened strain becomes strong enough to infect rather than immunize. In these cases, OPV is typically replaced by IPV because it is no longer considered safe. But OPV is still the vaccine of choice in Pakistan, even as it continues to prove its potency to the Polio Global Eradication Initiative. Why?
One explanation is that researchers have not collected enough data yet to say with certainty whether the vaccine is causing the outbreak. But how much longer will this go on?

It is equally plausible that the vaccine is not being handled properly. If the requisite temperature is not maintained, the vaccine can be rendered completely ineffectual. In remote areas, where power can be disrupted for hours and even days, the OPV treatments may have exceeded their temperature requirements and consequently lost their usefulness from temperature fluctuations. But surely, medical practitioners would know if their vaccine had potentially been compromised.

Unfortunately, both of these possibilities point to some kind of negligence. Either the doctors administering treatment are aware that their vaccine may not have the capacity to immunize their patients, or the people in charge are disseminating harmful vaccinations, then playing the victim to the 'inconclusiveness of the data' when it is clear that something has gone awry.

The Polio Global Eradication Initiative receives the majority of its funding through UNICEF and the US, both of which are beginning to look at Pakistan as an enemy, rather than a friend. Are political relations trickling down to the medical practitioners who are supposedly fighting a disease, not a country?

Sources:
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)
(http://www.dawn.com/2010/12/22/inci.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)
(http://www.polioeradication.org/Inf.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)
(http://www.history.com/this-day-in-.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)
(http://americanhistory.si.edu/polio.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)
(http://www.polioeradication.org/tab.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)
(http://dailytimespakistan.com/polio.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)
(http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.)

imperfectionst
captain of 100

Post by imperfectionst »

That doesn't mean that 78% of children given the polio vaccine will develop polio. In fact, the risk is very small:

The rate of vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis (VAPP) varies by region but is generally about 1 case per 750,000 vaccine recipients.[wikipedia]