Health & Liberty

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Health & Liberty

Post by LoveIsTruth »

School experiment discovers garden cress won't germinate near a router

Garden cress is a fast growing and edible herb that will sprout in just a small amount of slightly alkaline water. But there is one exception to that rule, and is has scientists scratching their heads.

A group of 5 girls have carried out a science experiment at Hjallerup School in North Jutland, Denmark that saw garden cress seeds placed in 12 tubs and split into two batches. Both batches were placed in different rooms that remained the same temperature, and were given the same amount of water and sunlight over the course of 12 days.

You’d expect both batches of 6 tubs to grow equally well, but one set didn’t even germinate. The reason? They were placed next to two routers. Although it’s unclear exactly why this happened, it is thought that the radiation produced by the routers is what stopped the seeds germinating.

The girls’ experiment was geared towards testing the potential impact of phone radiation on surrounding objects. They didn’t have phones to use though, so decided the routers were a good alternative. The experiment has certainly caught the interest of the international science community and is set to be repeated in a more controlled environment. One of the first controlled experiments will be carried out by Professor Olle Johansson from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. Hopefully it will shed more light on why this is happening.

Read more: http://www.geek.com/science/school-expe ... r-1555577/

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Water fluoridation DEFEATED in Portland

Voters in Portland, Oregon solidly defeated a city-wide water fluoridation measure yesterday, with 60% of the voters saying “NO!” to the practice of adding toxic fluoride chemicals to the water.

The result is a huge victory for http://www.CleanWaterPortland.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and all the men, women and children of Portland who can now rest easier, knowing their tap water is not intentionally poisoned with cancer-causing chemicals derived from industrial waste and mislabeled “fluoride.”

Read more: http://www.infowars.com/water-fluoridat ... er-supply/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The Russians Prove Small Scale Organic Farming CAN Feed the World

Christina Sarich
Infowars.com
May 30, 2013

If you’ve already been through an economic collapse, you might know a thing or two about how to feed your family with little money. More importantly, you might know how to do it without pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and GMO seed. On a total of about 20 million acres managed by over 35 million Russian families, Russians are carrying on an old-world technique, which we Americans might learn from. They are growing their own organic crops – and it’s working.

According to some statistics, they grow 92% of the entire countries’ potatoes, 77% of its vegetables, 87% of its fruit, and feed 71% of the entire population from privately owned, organic farms or house gardens all across the country. These aren’t huge Agro-farms run by pharmaceutical companies; these are small family farms and less-than-an-acre gardens.

A recent report from Agro-ecology and the Right to Food says that organic and sustainable small-scale farming could double food production in the parts of the world where hunger is the biggest issue. Within five to 10 years we could see a big jump in crop cultivation. It could also take the teeth out of GMO business in the US.

According to World Watch, we can also farm fish responsibly and feed the planet. Sustainable fish farms along with organic gardening are becoming the new agro-business.

“Farmed seafood has certain advantages over wild fish in meeting modern demand. For a global marketplace that demands increasingly predictable products—uniform-sized fillets available year-round, free of the vagaries of weather or open-ocean fishing—fish farming delivers this predictability. Farms are also becoming more productive, raising fish at a lower cost and expanding the potential market.” (Brian Halwell, Farming Fish for the Future).

As long as this is done in sustainable ways without GMO salmon, we really can feed over 7 billion people.

Unfortunately, not all of us want to utilize organic farming. Purchasing 500,000 shares of Monsanto stock in 2012, Bill Gates is just one key figure who argues that GMOs are an absolute necessity in order to fight global starvation. Of course along with ‘saving the world from starvation’, GMO crops also bring along a large number of unwanted health and environmental effects. This isn’t even considering the fact that long term, we truly don’t know what kind of impact this will have on the earth on a major scale. Though we do know once everything is GMO, it will be virtually impossible to go back to a natural world.

Check out NaturalSociety’s YouTube Channel for some recent videos on the March Against Monsanto event occurring in Philadelphia, PA. The videos offer some educational information along with a look at how people everywhere reject Monsanto and genetically modified organisms. Say goodbye to GMOs. We don’t need them.

“We won’t solve hunger and stop climate change with industrial farming on large plantations,” says Olivier De Schutter.

This post originally appeared at Natural Society.

——

Editor’s Note: Be sure to check out the Infowars Seed Center to get started on your own organic garden.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Numerous Studies Show How Apples Outperformed Chemo Drugs and Prevent Cancer, Defeat Cancerous Tumors!
by Elizabeth Renter

Natural Society
Recently by Elizabeth Renter: 6 Natural Sleep Apnea Treatments Image

A fruit with over 7,500 varieties, apples actually originated in Asia, but you wouldn’t know it today as they are some of the most widely cultivated fruits in the world. But whether you like the tart Granny Smiths, the sweet Red Delicious, or the juicy Gala – these apples are providing you with numerous benefits you didn’t even know about, including cancer prevention.

Several studies in the past several years have linked these crunchy fruits to a lower risk of cancer and even cancer cell death.

According to researchers with Finland’s National Public Health Institute, people who consume the most apples are the least likely to develop cancer. They followed nearly 10,000 cancer-free subjects for several decades and found that those who eat the greatest number of flavonoid-rich foods (including apples) had a 20% reduced risk of developing cancer. Lung cancer risk was a whopping 46% lower than in those who are little to no flavonoid rich foods.

Flavonoids aren’t the only beneficial compounds in these fruits, however. Oligosaccharides are a form of complex carbohydrates found within the fruit that are said to encourage cancer cell death. Chinese scientists found that oligosaccharides actually triggered apoptosis, or cell death. It’s how the body kills diseased cells naturally and apples assist in this process. In addition, the scientists found oligosaccharides may stop the forming of new cancer cells, suggesting apples and their derivatives could play a role in both cancer treatment and prevention. In the end, these compounds werefound to kill up to 46% of human colon cancer cells and even outperformed chemo drugs.

Read the rest of the article

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The Dirty Side of Wheat

Article written by Mike D.

Editor’s Note: Although wheat is a great choice for adding to your preparedness supply, there is a downside to this food source. The GMO wheat that is prevalent in many of the store bought products we purchase in this country has been genetically altered to increase carbohydrates thus leading to increased health issues such as high blood sugar levels.

To ensure your bread choices are the healthiest, make sure you look at the ingredient listings. If the first ingredient is whole grains, then that is a good bread choice option. If you are not allergic to wheat, I would advocate having some whole wheat in your diet as there is nutrition in this grain, but there are alternatives available. Some healthy options are: amaranth, barley, buckwheat, millet, quinoa, rice, rye, and sorghum.

Introduction

A month or so back, I went to a local spa to have a back massage; my left shoulder was bothering me. The therapist, Don, and I talked a bit and he asked what medications I was on; I told him. I told him that one of my goals was to get off those medicines by diet but I was having a difficult time with it. He spoke of a book written by Dr. William Davis, Wheat Belly. Don explained that Dr. Davis, a cardiologist, had found that eliminating wheat from one’s diet could reverse many of today’s medical problems. He has well over 2,000 patients as proof.

So I bought a copy of the book and read it immediately. I could not believe what I was reading; I had the solution in my hand. So I implemented the wheat-free diet about a month ago and can state that this works; I have dropped my blood sugar count by 19 points, some 17% in one month. I have taken myself off the Metformin that my doctor had prescribed; my blood sugars are now well within the normal ranges.

So how does this work?

Type II diabetes is defined as metabolic disorder that is characterized by high blood sugar. Long term complications that can arise from the disorder can be heart disease, eye sight loss, kidney failure and poor circulation of limbs requiring amputation in extreme cases.

The occurrence of diabetes in the US remained relatively constant until the mid 1980's.

Then things took a dramatic turn for the worse.

History

Diabetes in the year 2013 is as common as Coca-Cola, which by the way is sweetened with GMO high fructose corn syrup. If you are not a diabetic you probably know someone that is, or at least pre-diabetic. Depending on whose definition you read, there are approximately 85 million people with pre-diabetes or Type II diabetics in the US. That’s more than the entire US population of 1900.

So how did we get here? In a word, diet. The explosion of Type II diabetes is paralleled by a huge increase in the number of overweight and obese people. It might be more appropriate to say that the explosion of diabetes is a cause of overweight and obese people.

A trip to your local doctor and a blood test will confirm high blood sugars or you can by a test kit from most pharmacies. Modern physicians are mere pawns of the pharmaceutical industry and prescribe a pill for most everything; these doctors have little or no knowledge about diets and natural healing remedies. Physicians prescribe Metformin in most cases to reduce glucose production by the liver.

So what happens when you run out of medications and cannot get anymore?

Get Rid of The Wheat

A proper diet can and will reduce or eliminate your medication dependency; yes that’s right. You CAN get off those expensive pills by eating the right foods and avoiding the wrong ones. How? By becoming wheat free. Yes, you heard me correctly.

Did you know that we Americans consume approximately 133 pounds of wheat per year? That equals to about 200 loaves of bread per year. Wheat is in everything processed including breads, bagels, starches, flours, beer, cereals, energy bars, processed meats, and even lipstick.

Wheat is the most consumed grain on earth. But the wheat you eat today is not the same grain that your grandmother baked with. [Editor's note: Einkorn wheat is the closest wheat variety to heirloom] Through many years of human engineering, modern wheat has been bred to be a super carbohydrate; full of exorphins that instruct your brain to make you feel hungry.

Consuming 2 slices of bread in a sandwich will give you a spike in your blood sugar equal to 3 tablespoons of sugar, greater than a Snickers bar. This spike in blood sugar follows rapidly by hunger that is often satisfied by more carbohydrates. So the cycle continues and the person continues to eat more and gain more.

So you eat two biscuits for breakfast, two sandwiches for lunch and 4 slices of pizza for dinner not to count those two granola bars at 2 P.M. Now that’s a lot of carbohydrates in that wheat you have eaten. Your blood sugar is all over the map.

But going on a wheat free lifestyle breaks the chain. Avoid the wheat, avoid the weight, and avoid or reverse the Type II diabetes.

I’m Hungry

No wheat, I am going to starve. What can I eat?
  • Fresh vegetables, lots of them,
  • Good pasture raised meats,
  • Free range poultry,
  • Seafood, wild caught if at all possible,
  • Dairy products,
  • Bread made with almond flour and flaxseed,
  • Cheese, avoid Blue Cheese as its processed with mold from bread.
There are a number of wheat substitutes you can use in your cooking

• Almond meal – is probably the most versatile. Almond meal or flour acts almost like wheat flour in any recipe for baking breads.
  • Coconut flour – is used as a thickener or as breading for meats
  • Golden flaxseed – is also excellent for making breads
Basic Bread
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 1 cup golden flax seed
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 egg white
  1. Mix together the meal, baking powder and flaxseeds
  2. Cut in the butter
  3. Beat the egg whites until soft and foamy
  4. Fold egg whites into the flour mixture
  5. Spoon the dough into appropriate sized balls and flatten to about 1 inch
  6. Place on parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
News to Live By

Cinnamon has made recent Facebook headlines promoting a reduction in glucose levels by some that take it. Some research on the American Diabetes Association website did produce evidence of a study completed in 2003 that confirmed it.

The study found that after 40 days, test results found that 6 grams of cinnamon taken daily reduced the fasting glucose levels up to 29%, triglycerides 30%, LDL cholesterol 27% and total cholesterol 26%

The conclusion was that if 6 grams of cinnamon were taken daily in diets of persons with Type II diabetes it would lower the associated risks.

Summary

Get rid of the wheat, eat some cinnamon, lose the weight and get off those medications so you will not need them anymore.

Modern Wheat is the Perfect Chronic Poison, Says Expert

Davis, Dr. William, Wheat Belly, First Edition, New York,

Kham Dr. Alam, Safdar Dr. Mahpara, Ali-Khan, Dr. Mohamad Khattak Dr. Khan, Anderson Dr. Richard ,Cinnamon Improves Glucose and Lipids of People With Type 2 Diabetes, American Diabetes Association,

This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The Iodine Deficiency Epidemic
It results in childhood neurological disorders and cancer, says David Brownstein MD.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Bacteria that is VITAL for you

As a new book says processed food is killing off 'friendly' bacteria in our gut... Can eating home-made pickles fight off infections - and obesity?
  • Nine out of every ten cells in our bodies belong to microbial species
  • These microbes maintain the health of the gut wall
  • They constitute one of the human body's most important organs of defence
  • Western diets don't contain enough foods that nourish this bacteria
  • Eating more probiotic foods (yoghurts, cheese, pickles) will improve health
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z2W8kB2XDo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Starves Cancer Cells Into Oblivion -
Why Isn't It Front-Page News?

The premise is that since cancer cells need glucose to thrive, and carbohydrates turn into glucose in your body, then lowering the glucose level in your blood though carb and protein restriction, literally starves the cancer cells into oblivion. Additionally, low protein intake tends to minimize the mTOR pathway that accelerates cell proliferation.

This type of diet, in which you restrict all but non-starchy vegetable carbs and replace them with low to moderate amounts of high quality protein and high amounts of beneficial fat, is what I recommend for everyone, whether you have cancer or not. It’s a diet that will help optimize your weight and all chronic degenerative disease. Eating this way will help you convert from carb burning mode to fat burning.

Also check out
Cancer CURE FOUND!!!
Combining this diet with the treatments multiplies the effectiveness even further!

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Avoid Soy

"As time goes by, people are steadily waking up to some of the proven facts about soy, such as the knowledge that most soy is GMO. If that is the case, one can deduce that to solve the problem one can simply buy organic soy products. While it’s true that organic soy is healthier for you than GMO soy, there are other facts about soy that pose serious health risks. Here are four facts that debunk soy as a healthy food choice."

http://www.infowars.com/soy-products-li ... lab-tests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Heat-Induced Acrylamide May Be a Primary Hazard of Processed Food

How to Avoid Heat-Induced Toxins in Your Diet
  • Acrylamide levels vary greatly among processed foods, even among different batches of the same food item. The chemical has so far only been found in foods heated above 250 F/120 C, which includes most processed foods. Basing your diet on whole foods, with the majority or a significant portion eaten raw or lightly cooked is therefore one of the best ways to avoid this cancer-causing cooking byproduct. Aside from creating potentially toxic byproducts, high heat also depletes the food of valuable micronutrients, which is another reason for eating raw or slow cooked food as possible.

Another important aspect of raw foods is the energetic aspect. Dr. Johanna Budwig from Germany has stated that live foods are electron rich and act as high-powered electron donors and “solar resonance fields” to attract, store, and conduct the sun's energy in your body. The greater your body’s store of light energy, the more energy you’ll have available for healing and the maintenance of optimal health. For the times when you do cook your food, keep the following tips in mind:
    • Frying, baking and broiling appear to be the worst offenders, while boiling or steaming appear to be safer
    • Hotter cooking temps increase acrylamide
    • Soaking raw potatoes in water for 15-30 minutes prior to roasting may help reduce acrylamide formation during cooking
    • The darker brown the food, the more acrylamide it contains (for instance, dark brown toast compared to light brown toast)
    • Acrylamide is found primarily in plant-based foods, such as potatoes and grain products (not typically in meat, dairy or seafood)

According to the findings by the HEATOX project, you're far less likely to ingest dangerous levels of acrylamide when you eat home-cooked foods compared to industrially or restaurant-prepared foods. And when you do eat at home, the best advice they could give was to avoid overcooking your food. For more in-depth information about acrylamide, I recommend reading the online report: "Heat-generated Food Toxicants, Identification, Characterization and Risk Minimization"[SUP]8[/SUP].

Take Control of Your Health with Whole Food
  • While many foods – from coffee and breakfast cereal to bread – contain acrylamide, the highest levels have been detected in starchy plant-based foods, particularly French fries and potato chips. As a general rule, just remember that cooking food at high temperatures is ill advised, and that most processed foods will contain acrylamide as a side effect of high-heat processing.

Ideally, consume foods that are minimally processed to avoid these types of toxic byproducts. My nutrition plan emphasizes the need for at least one-third of your foods to be consumed raw. For a step-by-step guide to make the transition to a healthier diet as simple and smooth as possible, simply follow the advice in my optimized nutrition plan.

Remember, eating fresh whole foods is the "secret" to getting healthier, losing weight and really enjoying your food. Once you get used to it, you'll find you can whip up a healthful meal from scratch in the same amount of time it would have taken you to drive down the street to pick up fast food. The main difference will be greater satisfaction, both physically and mentally, and perhaps even financially, as processed foods typically end up being more expensive than cooking from scratch.

Read more: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... amide.aspx

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Hey Loveistruth, thanks for all your research and postings on these "health" subjects.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

moonwhim wrote:Hey Loveistruth, thanks for all your research and postings on these "health" subjects.
You are welcome!

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Iodine and Radiation – How it Works

Read here.

And here is a product

And here is what one of the consumers said about it as found on the Amazon product page:
"This is a great product. My wife is 47 and she was having hormonal issue. She did the research and we thought we give this a try. Our energy has shot through the roof. Her hormones are back to normal level and she is says she feels like she was in her 20's. We can not say enough about how great this has worked for us. We take a couple of drops in water on empty stomach in the morning. It is like the fountain of youth. "