Morning Sickness

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Yahtzee
captain of 100

Re: Morning Sickness

Post by Yahtzee »

Dlight wrote: February 25th, 2017, 12:53 pm Below is a great article explaining how magnesium deficiency is likely the root cause of most morning sickness.

I would take 400 mg magnesium asporotate by Solaray at bed time.

This is helpful but the best way to get magnesium is transdermally. I'd buy a magnesium chloride spray and spray it on your skin (chest and back) 15 minutes before showering (it can be a bit itchy). Or do Epsom salt baths every 2-3 days with 3-4 cups of epsom salt added to the bath. (Epsom Salt is processed by the kidneys quickly and leaves the body much faster than magnesium chloride). You can also add about 1/4 cup of liquid magnesium chloride to the epsom salt bath for greater effect and longer lasting results, but it is a bit more costly. Be sure to soak for 30-45 minutes for it to work.

The magnesium has the added bonus of being essential and great for your developing baby. Most mothers are very short in this during their pregnancy, and magnesium is so vital in cell division and proper function that your body will actually leach the magnesium from your bones to compensate for shortfalls.

Other things like ginger gum(super great if you feel like your about to be sick), peppermint essential oil diffused can also be used,

http://www.mommypotamus.com/the-real-ca ... -sickness/
Good products for transdermal magnesium are found in the link below, but also can be found on amazon.

http://livingthegoodlifenaturally.com/p ... magnesium/
Have you (or your wife, not sure your gender) tried this? I respectfully disagree. While it's true, most of us are magnesium deficient, my experience is that it does not help morning sickness and often makes it worse. If anyone else reading this wants to learn more I'd recommend joining the Magnesium Advocacy Group on Facebook. We're all obsessed with mag on there. But the consensus from most of the pregnant women is that it does not help morning sickness. It can help if you have hyperemesis, though. It actually made my sickness worse and many other women had similar experiences. If you absorb too much know how your body gets rid of it? Yup, vomiting. The best thing you can do is stay hydrated and eat more produce. I found drinking sparkling water helped me the most. I added Anderson's mineral drops to mine to get a magnesium boost without taking too much. Can't say if it helped or not.
Peppermint oil helped a bit this last go round. Ginger before that.
Anyway, because taking extra mag made me so much sicker during pregnancy (It's been a great boost while breastfeeding though!!!!) I wanted to warn people to do a little more research.