Welcome to the new Alternative Solutions forum

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
creator
(of the Forum)

Welcome to the new Alternative Solutions forum

Post by creator »

Welcome to the new alternative forum on the LDS Freedom Forum.

Yes, much of what we discuss on the forum is not main-stream to begin with, but this 'alternative' section is for alternative solutions.

Myself and many others on this forum, at one point in our life, went through an awakening, a realization that much of what we've been taught all of our lives is a lie, we've been deceived, history has been re-written and many truths have been hidden. (Or maybe it's just me :D)

Satan is in control and has infiltrated and/or influenced many institutions and aspects of life including government, religion, science, health, medicine, education, etc.

This 'alternative' area of the forum is meant for providing alternative, or better, solutions to the mainstream offering. Keep in mind this is for solutions rather than just news about such things.

Examples:
* Herbs and natural remedies as alternatives to pharmaceutical medicine.
* Immunization vs vaccination.
* Alternative media sources that you trust.
* Alternatives to public education (home schooling ideas).
* Natural flu remedy.
* Home birth vs hospital.
* Doctor vs midwife.
* Healthy milk alternative.
* Alternative remedy for _________.

I imagine this forum will become more of a repository for health and education more than any other topic, but is not limited to such.

(NOTE: Since there are already dedicated areas on the forum for News, Politics, etc, such topics should mostly continue to be discussed there.)

firend
captain of 1,000

Re: Welcome to the new Alternative Solutions forum

Post by firend »

Thankyou for this new section Brian. We as a people need to wake up to what God has said. God's medicine is from the Earth such as herbs. If people would do research they would find out what God has said on these matters. They would find what prophets like Joseph Smith and Brigham, etc said on the mater as well.

They might learn how drugs and pharma work...they take God's pure medicine and strip it down and add junk....then they call it real medicine while the source they took it from (the herb, etc) is considered weak and of non use in real medicine

People need to know God gave us his medicine for all to cultivate equally (no shortage) from the ground. Instead man goes and manipulates God's medicine (greek Pharmakia or sorcery) and he manipulates people into believing modern medicine is the only "real medicine" all the while creating a shortage, therefore reaping in the HUGE PROFITS from the dumb people.

We all need to research nuetrally so we don't allow our pre-conceived notions to deceive us.

Also, people complain in Mormondom about Herbs not working.....that is because they don't know how to use them. I could list myself and many others whom all were given a DEATH SENTENCE by the medical establishment, and yet once we discovered God's way of fixing the problem and not the symptom only....were all alive and well today (oh, and the costs? a fraction of what the sorcery medical establishment would have cost)

Plus Herbs, like God's words, should motivate US TO LEARN...not just rely on some arm of flesh doctor who makes gobs of money whether he fixes us or not.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

I'm always interested in learning new things. Specifically from what were you two cured and by what herbs?

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

durangout wrote:I'm always interested in learning new things. Specifically from what were you two cured and by what herbs?
I first was given vaccinations as a child...through revelation I learned it gave me mental issues

I contracted lyme disease about 17 (leaned this also from God) Doctors say there is no cure...but they will take your money!

I also developed leaky gut. Herbs cured me in 4 weeks for about $50(Doctors said would take 9 months, and thousands of dollars)

My herb program by revelation had to be tailered to me.....very long and specific. Dr. Christopher's helped me a great deal, but I had to further revelation on how to beat it. Had help from another master Herbalist, etc

My wife had liver failure, Herbs in 3 weeks cured her. (cost about $150....we did not go to doctor anymore, cant imagine what they would have charged)

I have several friends cured from diseases through God's medicine which includes diet....including kidney dialasis failure, liver failure in another friend, cancer (which is actually easy to cure) as well as another horrid mental dis-order. Also broken bones, another with diabetes, and another with siatic nerve issue, and another I don't know, but they were almost dead.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I hope some women will chime in about the natural birth stuff. I may never have the joy of giving birth again, but I still like to research about it and pretend I have normal fertility. :)

I had to take medicine to stop contractions with my younger son (my only pregnancy). They started pretty early on. He ended up coming 5 weeks early by their dating but actually it was about six weeks. I know the exact day because when you have to get a shot in the hiney to get pregnant, there isn't really any question. :lol:

Anyhow, he made an early appearance. I also happened to have a bad case of the flu at that time. The hospital pumped me full of so much stuff that after the birth I told people my time from pitocin to delivery was about 20 minutes, when in reality it was hours. I was high as a kite.

Long story short, my son was born with the help of forceps and vaccum and he wouldn't take a breath. We actually think that though he was early, he would have been okay if not for all the drugs. My blood pressure dropped dangerously low when I was given the epidural, and the NICU doctors think he aspirated fluid at that time. He stayed a week in the NICU because of temperature problems, feeding problems and jaundice, and he had a terrible bruise from the vacuum and black eyes as well.

Needless to say, I'm interested in alternative, but because of the preterm labor, I'm interested in something more like a natural birth with a midwife at the hospital where NICU services would be immediately available.

I hope someone will post some feedback on the subject... though I certainly have lots of time given the cobwebs in my uterus.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

ChelC wrote:I hope some women will chime in about the natural birth stuff... midwife...
That would be great to see someone start a discussion on natural birth.

I've got 3 boys, also a girl due this December. My wife has had a midwife for all of them, all natural births, first two were born in a hospital, third at a birthing center (much better than a hospital), and fourth baby will be born at home :) I'll chime in more on this later on a dedicated thread.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

Thank you! I am so excited for this section.

cjex
captain of 100

Post by cjex »

How about Chiropractic? I would be happy to contribute to that :)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

cjex wrote:How about Chiropractic? I would be happy to contribute to that :)
Yes, information/experiences about chiropractic work / chiropractors would be a good fit for the alternative solutions forum.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

I have a great chiropractor, partake of his services all the time, but there is no way I would have allowed my wife to give birth in any place other than a hospital. I loved her too much to take "any" chances, and she had 8 kids! Four of my 15 grandkids were born using a midwife, their choice, I'll not interfere with their decisions, just like I refuse to interfere with how they raise their kids. But I remember how nervous Jo and I were when they were being born, no emergency equipment standing by-----

Bob

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

JulesGP wrote:Yay Brian!!! I'm so happy you opened up this section!!! :D :!: :D :!: :D
I'm happy too! especially after seeing all the good information that's being posted regarding "physical FREEDOM". I've been learning about herbs and essential oils for the past 10 years, ever since I experienced Quercetin & Bromelain getting rid of my seasonal allergies, taking me from just hoping or believing in these things to having knowledge of the direct benefits... so I'm glad to see that this "Alternative Solutions" forum is a great fit on the LDS Freedom Forum.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

All the colours of the rainbow

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/2786 ... ab=summary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RangerRick
captain of 10

Post by RangerRick »

To those that live in North Idaho, I am teaching Survival Prepardness Classes at Priest River Community Church at the Horizon Bldg. The last class was on food prepardness and the next two classes are on Water and Emergency Medicine for when the system goes down.

On March 17th the class starts at 10 am and goes until 2 pm. We will discuss all aspects of water and then build a water purifcation system out of a kit you can buy from ;Monolithic Marketplace.
The white bucket kit is a gravity unit and the brown bucket kit is a pressurised unit. Less than $100.oo.

On March 31st the class starts at 10 am and goes until 2 pm. We will discuss herbs, essential oils, tintures, fish antibiotics and other items for long term health.

I 40 years in emergency/disaster services.I have been where the system is down and saw people suffer thru the lack of modern medical help. Later on we will work with dental and minor surgery issues.

If interested contact me direct for more info and so I will have a head count for handouts.
Blessing's,Rick

[email protected]

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

BrianM wrote:
ChelC wrote:I hope some women will chime in about the natural birth stuff... midwife...
That would be great to see someone start a discussion on natural birth.

I've got 3 boys, also a girl due this December. My wife has had a midwife for all of them, all natural births, first two were born in a hospital, third at a birthing center (much better than a hospital), and fourth baby will be born at home :) I'll chime in more on this later on a dedicated thread.
Congratulations on a new baby coming and getting a little girl. They sure do love their Daddy. I sent my Dad a picture of me and him with a note that said " To the first Man I ever loved".

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

ChelC wrote:My blood pressure dropped dangerously low when I was given the epidural, and the NICU doctors think he aspirated fluid at that time. He stayed a week in the NICU because of temperature problems, feeding problems and jaundice, and he had a terrible bruise from the vacuum and black eyes as well.
I had a very simular experience though my son was born on time. My first child was a natural birth in the hospital. However my 2nd birth I opted (stupidly) to have an epidural. My blood presser dropped to a scary number and at one point I thought I was going to die. They pumped meds to make my contractions come faster. I believe they did that so they could get it over with sooner. With all that stuff going through my system I was not a happy camper.

My oldest son who was born naturally I didn't have any issues like I did with the 2nd. If I should ever have a child again (very unlikely) I would opt for a natural birth. I know someone who had all 6 of her kids at home with a mid-wife and a pool in their bedroom. She's got to be the toughes mama around ;)

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

sadie_Mormon wrote:
ChelC wrote:My blood pressure dropped dangerously low when I was given the epidural, and the NICU doctors think he aspirated fluid at that time. He stayed a week in the NICU because of temperature problems, feeding problems and jaundice, and he had a terrible bruise from the vacuum and black eyes as well.
I had a very simular experience though my son was born on time. My first child was a natural birth in the hospital. However my 2nd birth I opted (stupidly) to have an epidural. My blood presser dropped to a scary number and at one point I thought I was going to die. They pumped meds to make my contractions come faster. I believe they did that so they could get it over with sooner. With all that stuff going through my system I was not a happy camper.
When my son was born (1st kid) my wife had to be induced (on the due date) due to lack of dilating on her own. We thought that was normal as the doctor said he didnt want the baby getting too large (7lbs 10oz). Of course, the contractions became very painful (from what I understand, being induced is much more painful than regular ones) and my wife chose to do the epidural. Within 5 minutes of that being done, my sons heartbeat dropped....and dropped fast! I had to point that out to the three stupid nurses in there...they rang the buzzer and in came a bunch more. Not a good thing to see for parents expecting their first child. Anyhow, they turned her on her side and things resumed normally. Upon delivery, the nurse who took the baby to be measured and weighed, pulled out a few syringes...which lit me up like napalm. We proceeded to go round and round about vaccinations....and I wasnt backing down. Hep B? What for? Does my newborn son already have an STD? She finally gave in when she realized I would not be relenting.
This experience has made both my wife and I leery about hospital birthing in the future, we are looking into the midwife option now. I am curious to know if the decision to dilate was more of a convenience thing for the doctor or if my wife/son just werent ready yet.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

uglypitbull wrote:
sadie_Mormon wrote:
When my son was born (1st kid) my wife had to be induced (on the due date) due to lack of dilating on her own. We thought that was normal as the doctor said he didnt want the baby getting too large (7lbs 10oz). Of course, the contractions became very painful (from what I understand, being induced is much more painful than regular labor) and my wife chose to do the epidural. Within 5 minutes of that being done, my sons heartbeat dropped....and dropped fast! I had to point that out to the three stupid nurses in there...they rang the buzzer and in came a bunch more. Not a good thing to see for parents expecting their first child. Anyhow, they turned her on her side and things resumed normally. Upon delivery, the nurse who took my son to be measured and weighed, pulled out a few syringes...which lit me up like napalm. We proceeded to go round and round about vaccinations....and I wasnt backing down. Hep B? What for? Does my newborn son already have an STD? She finally gave in when she realized I would not be relenting.
This experience has made both my wife and I leery about hospital birthing in the future, we are looking into the midwife option now. I am curious to know if the decision to dilate was more of a convenience thing for the doctor or if my wife/son just werent ready yet.
PS: His SS card showed up within a month.....not that he will be working for another 16 years..still dont have a birth certificate yet.

justiceforall
Hi, I'm new.

Post by justiceforall »

I am happy to see " Alternative Solutions Forum". This is exactly what I was looking for. I can't seem to post yet??

tomandcara
Hi, I'm new.

Post by tomandcara »

Brian,

Thank you for the Alternative Solutions forum. It is good to have a place to discuss and learn about alternatives to conventional medicine. Conventional medicine does have a place in health care, but it definitely has short comings and is not the panacea that it holds itself out to be. The Alternative Solutions forum may not be new, But I am new, so please accept my thanks.

Tom

Raindrop
captain of 100

Post by Raindrop »

uglypitbull wrote:. . . I am curious to know if the decision to dilate was more of a convenience thing for the doctor or if my wife/son just werent ready yet.
Could have been the doc's schedule... or it could've been the latter. Sometimes a mom needs some "help" to get started. We have a g-grandma in our family who didn't birth one of her babes until she'd been pregnant over 10 months. By then the placenta was shot and the baby was 11 pounds (she was 5'0" and small) and he had mental problems his whole life. There is probably a "natural" type of pitocin, but I don't know what it is.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

There are areas in Mexico where women give birth standing up, and then after giving birth to the child proceed to continue working in the corn fields.

Here thankfully there isn't that but there are multiple options for birth. Just get the baby registered afterwards. Vaccines are supposedly a requirement but no one ever looks into them here.

iWitness
captain of 100

Post by iWitness »

As I went into the hospital to give birth naturally(I was on Medicaid at the time, bad, I know...) I found that I loved contractions! I started contracting at 2 in the morning, and by 5 I KNEW it was time to go to the hospital. The contractions were all in my hips and back. It hurt so bad! I got to the hospital and flipped on Spongebob(the Bubble-blowing episode, [anything beyond the mid 3rd season of Spongebob is cringe-worthy]....BRING IT ARRROUNNND TOOOOWNN!!!!) This sent me into hysterical laughing and hyperactivity. I was bouncing on the birthing ball and laughing like a crazy person. When my family started arriving they said, "Wait? We thought you were in labor...you're not?" My husband had to explain that indeed I was. I couldn't talk, I was laughing so hard. Laughing through contractions is the BEST, and I mean the BEEEEESSSSSSTTTTTT, natural epidural EVER!!! I also watched and danced to Men Without Hats, "Safety Dance" song. It always makes me dance and sing when I watch it. I am telling you, it was a party they didn't see coming at the hospital that day :ymparty: You may think I'm crazy, maybe unconventional, maybe an oddball....YES......Yes I am. I read a book with my first pregnancy in 2010 called something like 'Ina May Gaskin's Guild to Natural Childbirth'. She has some great information that got me through my first and second natural childbirths, including, but not limited to, orgasmic labor. I hope that's not taken the wrong way on this forum, I took it to be very sacred, as a woman's body is very sacred. Everything was doable and fun until I hit about 7 centimeters right at the end. That was transition, I guess. Cause that baby hurt like nothing I've ever experienced. I went and got into the bathtub, threw a cup of ice across the room and screamed "OH SSSHHHH*****T!!!! I CAN'T DOOOO THIIISSSSS!" Next thing I knew, I had a baby in my arms. The labor was about 12 hours total. Fun labor with crazy scary intense pain at the end. Thank goodness for my hippie midwife who kept telling me to "bear down". I wasn't talking at the very end, but just thinking, "WHAT IS THIS CRAZY LADY TALKING ABOUT....BEAR DOWN?!!?!?!?! WTH DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!!?!?" Later I found that meant I was supposed to push.... :-B I found the whole experience to be immensely liberating and strengthening. I became a much more independent woman from going through it all. I realized I didn't need anyone or anything to help me, which I didn't have...that was sad in a way if you can catch my drift.... It probably would have been nice to have some help and connection through this. Maybe if I ever have kids again, it will be different.

Women are amazing. Men have NO idea just how amazing we are. I mean, if we were solely and ONLY made strictly to birth children, that single act should have the reverence and respect of every last living thing in our grand, galactic, and inconceivable universe. GOLLY, BEING A WOMAN IS INTENSELY AMAZING! NATURAL CHILDBIRTH ALLLLLLL THE WAAAAAAAY!

iWitness

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

My first was born in hospital with epidural.
Second in hospital natural.
Third at home.
Fourth due in a few months, planning another home birth.
By FAR home birth has been the best experience of all my births. We decided to try home birth after my husband gave me a blessing in which it directed me to do so. There is so much preventative care involved that seriously lower any risks. The midwives take care of me via supplements, herbs, exercises, etc so that any problems are prevented before I ever get to my due date. My regular OB doctor never did anything like that. Plus, labor is so different at home. A great book to read if you're considering other birth options is called "The Gift of Giving Life." It is written by LDS women about the spirituality of birth, how sacred it is, and how it teaches us so much about the atonement as we give of blood and water and endure physical pain for our child. I love how it relates how closely we are watched over from the spirits on the other side of the veil who are guiding these new babies to the earth. It also explains how the role of women on the other side is likely comparable to the role the men have here on earth with the priesthood. The women in the preearth realm have the responsibility of getting spirits through the first veil and the men on the earth have the responsibility of administering ordinances to get us back to Father through the other side of the veil.
When your in the hospital, drugged up, baby is taken away after the birth for "monitoring" or a bath, etc, so many important spiritual and bonding moments are skipped over. Even most animals won't take care of their young if they are not with them after birth. It's no wonder Satan wants that in hospitals we are drugged up and our babies taken from us.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

All five of our kids were born at home with a midwife. All five were very positive experiences, and Mary made it look easy. Priesthood blessings played a role as soon as we knew we were expecting, each time.

Bree
captain of 10

Post by Bree »

butterfly wrote:My first was born in hospital with epidural.
Second in hospital natural.
Third at home.
Fourth due in a few months, planning another home birth.
By FAR home birth has been the best experience of all my births. We decided to try home birth after my husband gave me a blessing in which it directed me to do so. There is so much preventative care involved that seriously lower any risks. The midwives take care of me via supplements, herbs, exercises, etc so that any problems are prevented before I ever get to my due date. My regular OB doctor never did anything like that. Plus, labor is so different at home. A great book to read if you're considering other birth options is called "The Gift of Giving Life." It is written by LDS women about the spirituality of birth, how sacred it is, and how it teaches us so much about the atonement as we give of blood and water and endure physical pain for our child. I love how it relates how closely we are watched over from the spirits on the other side of the veil who are guiding these new babies to the earth. It also explains how the role of women on the other side is likely comparable to the role the men have here on earth with the priesthood. The women in the preearth realm have the responsibility of getting spirits through the first veil and the men on the earth have the responsibility of administering ordinances to get us back to Father through the other side of the veil.
When your in the hospital, drugged up, baby is taken away after the birth for "monitoring" or a bath, etc, so many important spiritual and bonding moments are skipped over. Even most animals won't take care of their young if they are not with them after birth. It's no wonder Satan wants that in hospitals we are drugged up and our babies taken from us.
:ymapplause: I love the way you worded the beauty and strength that we, women have.
I had the first 2 in the hospital and even though the nurses were kind and very attentive. I had no freedom to do what my body and my spirit felt was right. I had 10 hrs of labor and that was after the water broke at my home.
Then I discovered at 40 yrs the beauty of birthing my son at home. I woke up in transition and an hour later was saying "welcome" to my son.
In my opinion, even though my midwife arrived, 5 mins. after the birth, I had planned a water birth, But my son was too quick for her. Also, another women had not been due for 2 weeks and she wanted her mom present. So she drank Cod liver oil and her show went before mine.
I still treasure the experience of freedom and the preparation of the herbs I was given.
No dr. or nurses, no taking my baby away from me or shots given.
Priesthood blessings, prayer and trust in the Lord ,imho, is the best way to do it.
I have helped my daughters when they were in labor at the hospital. They were told they wold have freedom but not sooo. :-o
So this last labor my daughter was in, I listened to the spirit and took her in just in time for them to call the dr. and the nurse almost had to deliver, I gave them 15 mins with my daughter. There I was dancing for her to keep her laughing which I also believe is great for labor. The nurse couldn't believe it. Then our granddaughter appeared.
Couldn't take her to the midwife 2 and half hrs away, so we did the best we could.