Essential Oils

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Rachael
Captain of whatever

Re: Essential Oils

Post by Rachael »

W-f medical has many reasonably priced e.oils. emu oil makes a great carrier oil

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

zionminded wrote: some usages are a bit extreme.
I heard of this guy that would get enemas made of a composition mixed with consecrated oil. How would you classify what's extreme?

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

I think I read somewhere that BY recommended this to treat "piles"... But that was before you could get preparation H or get the equate hemorrhoid cream at Walmart. Brilliant

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

hemorrhoid cream is great for swollen feet

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Two words here. CERTIFIED ORGANIC. If your essential oils can't claim this they are not worth using. Pesticides/toxic chemicals anyone? Below is one my family uses. Dont get conned by multi level chatter. Get educated.

https://www.purifyskintherapy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Do you mean while you shower? After you shower? As a deodorant?

Essential oils are varied and there is a ton of things to know about them. Could you be more specific as to what you're looking for?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on November 13th, 2016, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Btw, my questions were to Lucyheart, not the op.

Dlbww, I don't care for MLMs either. Why not just sell the product cheaper? All the meetings seem to be about making everyone sell the overpriced product, and no one actually being a customer. I bought some essential oils through Amazon. They seem as good as doTerra or Young Living (or whatever they're calling themselves now).

David Cassani
captain of 10

Post by David Cassani »

Essential oils are so powerful in helping to get to emotional roots of illness. My dad had a stroke - could not talk and the oils work so well. If I miss days he struggles, when I do not he is much more clear. At 87, his is peaceful and helped so much by oils. Please see more on my message about simple health solutions and starting a movement in any neighborhood. A latter day David http://www.simplelivingcenters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark258
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Mark258 »

Essential oils are also helpful to reduce dental appointment anxiety and pain. The pleasing fragrances or relaxing essential oils can help to give a comfortable appointment before, during, and after a dental appointment. The smell of orange essential oil prior to going into a dental appointment helps to soothe stressed nerves. I recently read in an article about this. Just take a look at it- https://www.dawsondental.ca/blog/dental ... t-anxiety/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . There are many creative ways to enjoy essential oils but it’s important to know how to use the oils to ensure comfort. Hope it helps for someone.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I bought an awesome petal fountain

http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/petalmist_fountain.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They even shipped to my weird location.

Rose oil is very expensive, but has super high frequency; anybody tried it?

jessica1000
Hi, I'm new.

Post by jessica1000 »

Well, Essential oils will last 12 - 24 hours in the body depending on several factors: viscosity, concentration, application method, skin type and to which body part the oils were applied. After entering the blood stream, essential oils are circulated to the tissues and organs.

jessica1000
Hi, I'm new.

Post by jessica1000 »

Having an essential oil blend on hand that has enormous diversity in application is invaluable. I have used On Guard topically at the bottoms of my feet and internally in my water to help fight off a viral infection, such as the common cold. Although I have no tangible evidence, I attribute the fact that I have not gotten sick with a full-blown cold virus or flu this year to my OnGuard use. Not only have I used it directly as an essential oil, but I have used it as an active ingredient in home-made sanitizing products such as all-purpose cleaner and hand sanitizer. In fact, I believe in the product so much that I made homemade hand sanitizer as Christmas presents for family and friends, who have claimed to love the product with regards to smell and effectiveness. Why does this excite me so much? Because as a woman it restores my hope and confidence that we as a human society are self-sufficient and the resources provided to us by Mother Nature truly can be enough to protect and improve our overall health. As I have expanded my use of essentials oils in my life, it has caused me to take pause and think about the originating source for all the toxic chemicals listed in the retail sanitizing products we purchase at our local Safeway, Target or Costco.

Ann
captain of 10

Post by Ann »

mes5464 wrote: April 9th, 2013, 9:54 pm I am still on the fence.

Do essential oils really provide any health benefit?
My daughter broke out in severe hives everywhere, I still don't know what caused it, but... I took her to the doctor, they put her on prednisone. For some reason it took a few days to work, maybe it never worked, I don't know. It certainly didn't work for a long while. In the mean time I had an 8 yr old crying, screaming, and scratching so much she was cutting herself. Wow! It was bad! Most of her body was angrily red. I mixed equal parts lemon, peppermint, and lavender (DoTerra) and mixed with some olive oil, I couldn't find what I had from DoTerra to dilute it some. I put 1-2 drops of each in a capsule. She swallowed 1 capsule 3 times a day for several days, and she and I rubbed it into her skin. The relief only took a few minutes to start. She would put more on as it flared up again. That's her medicine. She wouldn't go anywhere without her bottle of oil for over a month, she was afraid to. She still checks with me every now and then to make sure I have the oils on hand. It works.

Ann
captain of 10

Post by Ann »

I think most of the trick is knowing which oils to use.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 29th, 2017, 2:32 am Rose oil is very expensive, but has super high frequency; anybody tried it?
I once bought a tiny eensy weensy vial of it. I don't remember what I used it for, but I do remember that I made it last a long time.

flora02
Hi, I'm new.

Post by flora02 »

clarkkent14 wrote: April 8th, 2013, 11:15 pm Hey gang I am interested in learning more about essential oils. Where should I start? I hear a lot about Young Living, and DoTerra. Any advice, links, books? Thanks for your feedback :)
Hey,

You can find quite a lot of useful info in regards to Essential Oils on Doctorshealthpress, Dr.Axe & Organic Facts. These sites will list out the information in utmost detail with proper explanation on benefits of individual oil & how each one must be used.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I usually buy Eden's Garden oils. I've found them to be really, really good and at a good price. (If you're still watching this thread, Chad.)

Wow :o - I just realized the opening post is 4 1/2 years old. I suspect the op has already found what he's looking for. Well, anyway, if anyone else is interested, they're a good product. Good prices. Not mlm. https://www.edensgarden.com/

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Silver Pie wrote: September 25th, 2017, 5:38 pm I usually buy Eden's Garden oils. I've found them to be really, really good and at a good price. (If you're still watching this thread, Chad.)

Wow :o - I just realized the opening post is 4 1/2 years old. I suspect the op has already found what he's looking for. Well, anyway, if anyone else is interested, they're a good product. Good prices. Not mlm. https://www.edensgarden.com/
I second that. I like plant guru and plant therapy as well.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Silver Pie wrote: September 25th, 2017, 5:38 pm I usually buy Eden's Garden oils. I've found them to be really, really good and at a good price. (If you're still watching this thread, Chad.)

I just looked at their website and they are WAY cheaper than Doterra. (I hate having to have a "membership" to even get a decent price at Doterra. It drives me nuts) So they really are a reliable brand?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

kittycat51 wrote: September 26th, 2017, 1:39 pm

I just looked at their website and they are WAY cheaper than Doterra. (I hate having to have a "membership" to even get a decent price at Doterra. It drives me nuts) So they really are a reliable brand?
Doterra is a sham imho - the price, not necessarily the quality. Peppermint oil is my go to oil that helps me with stomach issues and headaches, and I have tried many brands and read a lot of reviews and research. There are certainly brands to avoid, but most essential oil brands I've tried, including doterra, are legit. Steer clear of "Sun" - carrier oil is super evident.

Awesome review of many brands:

https://wellnessappliances.com/best-ess ... il-brands/

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I have a lot of their oils and have found them to be reliable. The only product I would question is their vanilla, which is nothing more than vanilla extract, but the actual essential oils seem to be really good.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

alaris wrote: September 26th, 2017, 1:48 pm I agree. doTerra has really good oils, but their prices are ridiculous. If they weren't mlm, they could cut their prices by 50-80% I think.

Doterra is a sham imho - the price, not necessarily the quality. Peppermint oil is my go to oil that helps me with stomach issues and headaches, and I have tried many brands and read a lot of reviews and research. There are certainly brands to avoid, but most essential oil brands I've tried, including doterra, are legit. Steer clear of "Sun" - carrier oil is super evident.

Awesome review of many brands:

https://wellnessappliances.com/best-ess ... il-brands/

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Eden's Garden is not mlm, and does not require any kind of membership. I think that is why they can charge less (they aren't paying a nearly infinite number of uplines and downlines).