Amazing Cough Remedy - 500X better than cough syrup :)

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Kitkat
captain of 100

Amazing Cough Remedy - 500X better than cough syrup :)

Postby Kitkat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:52 pm

So my kids love the app "Fruit Ninja" and it always give them cool facts about fruit in between their epic battles and this one came up

Raw pineapple Juice is 500X more effective than cough syrup

So this winter I tried it. My 6 year old daughter was keeping her siblings up at night (and me and herself) with her coughing, so I said, "Where's the pineapple juice?"

I opened a can of pineapple chucks and strained the juice and had her sip it. I kid you not - it was instant - NO MORE COUGHING!

We tried the processed kind from the store and it doesn't work, but just drain the juice out of a can of pineapple and you will have a great nights rest. This is seriously a miracle remedy for coughing! She slept all night. I have used it all week and it works amazing.

So, your welcome... :D

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

JohnnyL
captain of 1,000

Re: Amazing Cough Remedy - 500X better than cough syrup :)

Postby JohnnyL » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Kitkat wrote:So my kids love the app "Fruit Ninja" and it always give them cool facts about fruit in between their epic battles and this one came up

Raw pineapple Juice is 500X more effective than cough syrup

So this winter I tried it. My 6 year old daughter was keeping her siblings up at night (and me and herself) with her coughing, so I said, "Where's the pineapple juice?"

I opened a can of pineapple chucks and strained the juice and had her sip it. I kid you not - it was instant - NO MORE COUGHING!

We tried the processed kind from the store and it doesn't work, but just drain the juice out of a can of pineapple and you will have a great nights rest. This is seriously a miracle remedy for coughing! She slept all night. I have used it all week and it works amazing.

So, your welcome... :D

Sweet! :)

5tev3
captain of 1,000

Postby 5tev3 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Whoa, this is kind of amazing if it is true. You're just draining the juice from the can and is that what would work best? Isn't that just sugar water for the most part? How would the can juice compare to actually squeezing the juice from a pineapple and using that? Interesting experiment to try. Thanks for the tip, it should come in handy.

5tev3
captain of 1,000

Postby 5tev3 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:02 pm

I found this here: http://www.preventdisease.com/news/14/0 ... yrup.shtml

As part of their studies, they discovered that a mixture of raw pineapple juice, pepper, salt and honey given to patients every day helped to dissolve the mucus in the lungs.

In a subsequent study, research found that raw extracts from pineapple could decrease mucus five times faster than over-the-counter cough syrups. Patients recovered 4.8 times faster and exhibited a decrease in all symptoms related to coughing, especially hacking.

Most of us do not need additional sugar in our diets, so look only for natural unsweetened pineapple juice and stay away from canned. If you can juice the pineapple yourself, that would be far superior to any store bought.

Pineapple Cough Suppressant Recipe
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 piece of ginger (about 3 inches)
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients and take 1/4 cup, 2-3 x/day and repeat recipe daily.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Postby Kitkat » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:35 pm

I'm sure squeezing the juice from an actual pineapple would be best. My daughter actually really dislikes the pineapple juice, so I mixed it with oj and it still worked amazing. She literally only took 2 or 3 baby sips of my mixture and it stopped the coughing. Best thing I have learned all year!

Meili
Don't ask . . .

Postby Meili » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks, Kitkat! Some benefits from pineapple can only come from raw pineapple, so I'm glad to know this works from canned as well. I'd better pick some up at the store next time I'm there. I don't keep pineapple on hand but I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to use this.
I'm always right.

seekingtruth
captain of 10

Postby seekingtruth » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 am

Thanks! It's timely as me and my whole family have been hacking away for a week!

kittycat51
captain of 100

Postby kittycat51 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:46 am

http://www.naturalnews.com/054259_cough ... edies.html Here is more info on the pineapple juice remedy.

Since we were on the ACV topic from another thread, ACV with raw honey in warm water has done amazing things for my coughs as well. I have never tried the pineapple juice thing but am sure too.

Another good one that has worked well is Onion juice. You take an onion and slice it up. You then layer the onion with raw honey in a glass bowl. In a couple of hours, the onion will sweat and produce a 'juice'. It is not bad tasting at all. My kids will take it. The honey makes it sweet. A spoonful every hour as needed until a cough calms. (store in fridge)

markharr
captain of 100

Postby markharr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:54 pm

5tev3 wrote:I found this here: http://www.preventdisease.com/news/14/0 ... yrup.shtml

As part of their studies, they discovered that a mixture of raw pineapple juice, pepper, salt and honey given to patients every day helped to dissolve the mucus in the lungs.

In a subsequent study, research found that raw extracts from pineapple could decrease mucus five times faster than over-the-counter cough syrups. Patients recovered 4.8 times faster and exhibited a decrease in all symptoms related to coughing, especially hacking.

Most of us do not need additional sugar in our diets, so look only for natural unsweetened pineapple juice and stay away from canned. If you can juice the pineapple yourself, that would be far superior to any store bought.

- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

I just tried this recipe with a few changes. I used the canned juice as kitkat recommended, and I used minced ginger from a tube. Not as bad as I thought it would be. tasted like spicy pineapple. The honey defiantly helped sweeten it up a bit. So far no cough. I will take more before bed and let you know the final verdict in the morning.

markharr
captain of 100

Postby markharr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:01 pm

As a side benefit they are finding that cayenne pepper is a very effective cancer killer.

http://m.jnci.oxfordjournals.org/conten ... /1263.full

markharr
captain of 100

Postby markharr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:40 am

I'm going to say that it worked. Definately better than any cough syrup I have ever used.

Great find.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Postby Kitkat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:32 pm

It just gets better...

Pineapple juice can help with hay-fever and asthma. I don't suffer from either of these things, but I will vouch for it's power helping my daughter sleep. I knew it was not the placebo effect either because none my other home remedies worked for her :)

http://www.curejoy.com/content/pineappl ... for-cough/

Mucolytic Effects To Ease Coughs And Wheezing

If you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchial asthma, an acute attack can cause wheezing and coughing when your bronchioles are blocked with excess mucus production. Research has hinted at the mucolytic benefits of pineapple juice. It can help enhance mucolysis and the expelling of mucus (also called expectoration). It also causes stringy mucus typical of COPD and bronchial asthma to be diluted, helping you overcome a bout of illness.6
Clearing Out Your Sinus Problem Or Hay Fever

If you suffer from a stuffy nose and cough due to hay fever or sinus problems, bromelain could come to your rescue. Its action as an anti-inflammatory, a decongestant, and a natural antihistamine helps provide you that much needed relief when you’re bogged down by the stuffiness and heavy-headedness of these problems.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Postby SmallFarm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:56 pm

5tev3 wrote:I found this here: http://www.preventdisease.com/news/14/0 ... yrup.shtml

- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

You could steep that mixture in some dried horehound it there's an accompanying sore throat.
~

Return to “Alternative Health Solutions”