Election high jinks enough to drive a person crazy!

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lumberjacksdaughter
captain of 50

Election high jinks enough to drive a person crazy!

Post by lumberjacksdaughter »

I actively campaigned for Pat Buchanan in 2000. He received ten million in tax payer dollars for the campaign but they excluded him from the debates anway. Where was the logic in that?

After the election process, as a sort of therapy to help restore my equilibrium and regain my sanity, I wrote a story for Pat Buchanan. The few people who have read it have really enjoyed it. Recently another LDS author read a copy I sent to her and loved it! She responded that she just wished that somehow it could reach a wider audience. The title is: The Grim Shadow: A Modern-Day fable. "A story packed full of action, suspense, betrayal, terrorism and a dubious political election, The Grim Shadow is at its core a parable of courage, loyalty and love." It is available at Amazon.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Election high jinks enough to drive a person crazy!

Post by lundbaek »

What have you done since then to select and support candidates you would like to have seen elected?

lumberjacksdaughter
captain of 50

Post by lumberjacksdaughter »

lundbaek wrote:What have you done since then to select and support candidates you would like to have seen elected?
Last election I was out in temperatures in the teens and twenties marching in a night time Christmas light parade holding Ron Paul banners, demonstrating at busy intersections in town and also I drove 1 1/2 hours to stand out in well below freezing temperature in front of my old high school in the early morning before school started holding Ron Paul signs. I wrote "letters to the editor". I also gave all the money I could spare (which meant virtually no Christmas presents for my family - I'm not kidding) to his campaign fund only to have Ron Paul shortly afterward announce that he was turning from his presidential campaign to concentrate on his congressional run. I felt a little like a dupe at that point.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

That's what it takes, only here in the Arizona 5th Congressional District the Fall weather is not nearly as cold as you experienced. I was a candidate for the US House of Representatives, and as a member of the Constitution Party campaigned also for Chuck Baldwin as soon as Ron Paul endorsed him. I think a few other forum members also ran for various elected offices.