CA rep Doolittle

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Stephen
captain of 1,000

CA rep Doolittle

Post by Stephen »

One of my best buddies is the right hand man of Republican representative Doolittle. Both my friend and Doolittle are LDS. My friend handles PR for Doolittle. He is facing a tough race this time around and so my friend contacted me through email and asked if I would be willing to go out with him and put out literature and talk with the community on the phone...

This is my reponse...

I sincerely appreciate your opinions and have heard many good things about Doolittle. Recently I saw his name on the list of "yeas" for the military commissions act which I think is just about as anti-constitutional as a bill (now signed into law) could be. I think that it is a step towards tyrrany that the prophets have predicted....and may ulitimately be one of the last nails in the coffin of American freedom. Due to my desire to be as true to constitutional principles as I can...and even though I may agree with Doolittle on a hundred other issues...due to that one "yea"....I would have a hard time supporting him. I appreciate the invite and wish you the best.

That is the end of the email...

I'll tell you...it grieves me that I cannot "root for the home team"...

I spoke with my friend later that evening after the email and he briefly said something about FDR doing something like that....and then was resigned and basically admitted it was a bad thing.

If you wonder how your congressman voted... go here...

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2006/roll508.xml