Goodbye LDSFF from Bella? Just burnt out from Contention

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Goodbye LDSFF from Bella? Just burnt out from Contention

Post by Rosabella »

If any of you want to contact me you know how to get a hold of me on my site

http://www.FatherThyWill.com,

http://www.UponTheWatchtower.com (Forum)

My email is Contact@FatherThyWill.com

There are some great people here that I will miss, but I feel that I need to move on and do my work without the constant negative contention from this site.

Take Care and God Bless!

Rosabella Knightley (Bella)
Last edited by Rosabella on March 21st, 2010, 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Goodbye LDSFF from Bella

Post by Jason »

Thank you for the time you have put into this forum! I've greatly enjoyed your comments here!

fyi - becomingzion.com didn't work

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I will miss your comments as well, but understand the need to prioritize your time. Good luck in your future endeavors.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Bella, thank you for all you've done here on the forum plus what you are continuing to do.
I'll miss your comments here, but I do know where to keep up with your latest and greatest words. Thanks again. :wink:

drjme
captain of 1,000

Post by drjme »

Thanks bella for your diligent work!

Cowell
captain of 100

Post by Cowell »

Bella wrote:There are some great people here that I will miss, but I feel that I need to move on and do my work without the constant negative comments and attacks from Apostates.
Not sure who the moderator is who has deleted posts by me a time or two. I would appreciate it if you would send me a private message explaining any issues you are having, as opposed to simply deleting my posts without explanation.

For the record I simply was responding to the above quote explaining that I found it unfortunate that bella would leave based on the negative experiences she believes she encountered. I also wished her luck.

Last time you banned me from the site for 24 hours without apparently informing Brian, or explaining to me the reason, although I was coincidently banned after voicing that I took issue with the stereotypical view of the left right paradigm presented by the painting ShawnC linked. I also thanked Shawn for the link none-the-less.

Banning me from the site over this statement, and deleting my posts when you choose, is a little strange I think.

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

Take care and its been a pleasure.

I'll miss your new age religion smack-downs. You can never be to careful with that group.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

good luck

(aren't apostates just in need of direction?)

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

Thanks for all the solid info. Hopefully this will be like some of pro sport retirees and you'll be back ;)

Stephen
captain of 1,000

Post by Stephen »

There are apostates on this forum?!...

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Bella has been working very hard setting up he websites. Her information is all on those new sites. Really has alot of great information. Here is the link to her vidoe references and they will continue to grow. May I recommend the constance cumby series. There are 7 10 minute parts so you can watch at your own pace but I warn once you start you wont want to stop. :)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

ndjili wrote:Bella has been working very hard setting up he websites. Her information is all on those new sites. Really has alot of great information. Here is the link to her vidoe references and they will continue to grow. May I recommend the constance cumby series. There are 7 10 minute parts so you can watch at your own pace but I warn once you start you wont want to stop. :)
Ndjili....did I miss the link?

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Whoops nope I did. Never post while dealing with a 3 year old at the same time lol.

http://www.awakeandariseresearch.com/videoandaudio/

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

ndjili wrote:Whoops nope I did. Never post while dealing with a 3 year old at the same time lol.

http://www.awakeandariseresearch.com/videoandaudio/
LOL Thank you!!!

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

Oh, I just saw this! Bella, I'll miss your posts too, although I don't participate here as much as I used to. I learned so much from you and am glad I'll be able to find more of your research on your other sites. Best of luck!

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

I keep trying to be on this forum, but there is too much contention and people go against the Brethren, doctrines, and have a very disrespectful way of talking to one another. I do not find this to be an edifying forum. I have my own forum and websites. I think this is not the correct place for my research or a edifying or uplifting place to visit.

Am I alone or do others feel this way?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I agree that there is too much contention, but I also do think that disagreeing, even strongly disagreeing, is not in and of itself contentious.
I think that leaving LDSFF would be a huge mistake that we would all end up being the losers from that decision, including yourself.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

The nature of an online forum itself has many limits, the obvious being that you don't see or hear what the person is saying, and you certainly don't know what they are thinking. Which means that it's not the best venue for any type of "debate", and in such circumstances people often misinterpret each other because of those inherent limitations.

Despite the inherent problems and disadvantages of an internet discussion forum, it still serves multiple good purposes, and allows a group of people to communicate together and share ideas and information, etc, where it may have otherwise been difficult simply because we live all around the world, and it's more convenient.

I've found that it's at the in-person meetings I attend (and sometimes organize) on a regular basis in which the discussion is able to happen at a higher level, without anywhere near the misunderstanding, compared to an internet discussion.

In a live discussion if you hear something you disagree with or don't understand you can immediately question or ask for clarification. Often you'll find that you actually agree, you just needed that extra clarification or further context/information. Or you might find that you can come to an agreement; it's not uncommon for one person or the other, or both, to realize they didn't fully understand the subject, or were wrong. For those who haven't disconnected from the keyboard in a long time I highly recommed you try this concept of a live, in-person discussion!

jsk
captain of 100

Post by jsk »

Bella,

It can be frustrating at times...but I hope you stay!

jsk

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Bella, I totally understand your reasons, but you are a very valuable contributor hear. There are some hardheads, but you are still reaching many reasonable people. I do not agree with the downright sarcasm and disrespect. I think we can discuss things and have opposing views without being contentious and snarky. (Consider the source.) I can see where some of the heated discussions have been because of pride on the part of some, who are determined to be the ultimate and final word. Ignore 'em.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

LDSConservative wrote: For those who haven't disconnected from the keyboard in a long time I highly recommed you try this concept of a live, in-person discussion!
Yep that would be nice if ones health is good enough to do that, but as you know mine has not been.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

jsk wrote:Bella,

jsk
You are kind. I just am not sure if I am emotionally up for this site. I wish it was a place people lifted each other up and did not try to tear each other down. I guess that is not the nature of the beast.

What is funny is I found a site that is for people that barely want to be members of the Church for they have major issues with it. What was really odd was they can be more civil in their conversations then we find here. They are all supportive with each other and their different views. I will not post there, since it is not my cup of tea dealing with members that do not believe in the core doctrines of the Church or the Prophet, but it was funny to see how loving they were to each other. It is very much a new age LDS site. Funny how that is, they are the ones showing more love for one another.

MercynGrace
captain of 100

Post by MercynGrace »

Bella wrote:What is funny is I found a site that is for people that barely want to be members of the Church for they have major issues with it. What was really odd was they can be more civil in their conversations then we find here. They are all supportive with each other and their different views. I will not post there, since it is not my cup of tea dealing with members that do not believe in the core doctrines of the Church or the Prophet, but it was funny to see how loving they were to each other. It is very much a new age LDS site. Funny how that is, they are the ones showing more love for one another.
edited because I was thinking one thing and wrote another... I meant to ask, what specifically made you feel unloved here? Can you pull out quotes from some of the posts? What exactly hurt your feelings? I didn't see any name calling on the thread or belittling (except when njdil suggested my comments were the reason we all need to study the Gosepl Principles manual - LOL!). Some of the same people who disagreed on one point, were agreeing two pages later on another. I guess I just don't see it.
Last edited by MercynGrace on March 19th, 2010, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Bella wrote:
jsk wrote:Bella,

jsk
You are kind. I just am not sure if I am emotionally up for this site. I wish it was a place people lifted each other up and did not try to tear each other down. I guess that is not the nature of the beast.

What is funny is I found a site that is for people that barely want to be members of the Church for they have major issues with it. What was really odd was they can be more civil in their conversations then we find here. They are all supportive with each other and their different views. I will not post there, since it is not my cup of tea dealing with members that do not believe in the core doctrines of the Church or the Prophet, but it was funny to see how loving they were to each other. It is very much a new age LDS site. Funny how that is, they are the ones showing more love for one another.
Or its just a front......like the difference between inter family communication and external. People at work pretend to care or pretend to care more than they really do....because there is usually an economic interest at stake. Vs. a sister or brother who will flat out tell you they aren't feeling good today and why.

But each to their own! Forum certainly has its ups and downs....but we are all just imperfect people....and most with strong opinions....that in-person would generally be more toned down and civil....such is life!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Bella wrote:What is funny is I found a site that is for people that barely want to be members of the Church for they have major issues with it. What was really odd was they can be more civil in their conversations then we find here. They are all supportive with each other and their different views. I will not post there, since it is not my cup of tea dealing with members that do not believe in the core doctrines of the Church or the Prophet, but it was funny to see how loving they were to each other. It is very much a new age LDS site. Funny how that is, they are the ones showing more love for one another.
As you said "it is very much a new age LDS site", so your observation of their attitudes towards each other doesn't surprise me since new agers are relativists and believe in "your truth, my truth, his truth", and not in absolute truth, or simply The Truth.

"how loving they were to each other"... I recall a recent thread on this forum that helped me understand better the worlds definition of love vs divine love or God's love. What you are describing is worldly love, which is not love at all.