BodyTalk therapy questions

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: BodyTalk therapy questions

Post by JohnnyL »

Jason wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:And we come full circle, again, without anyone having answered any of the previous questions in this thread, in the "Battling Energy healing" thread, or in the "Is Tickling from Satan?" thread.

PLEASE, ANSWER THE MANY QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS **DIRECTLY** from these threads--don't just post pages of quotes that have little or nothing to do with any of the questions we have asked the "anti-energy healing" believers to answer.
Good luck trying to get actual answers to those questions? Yeah, that's how I feel about it, too! "Good luck, none will be coming", eh?! ;) Seriously, folks...
Let's call a spade a spade. You don't want answers. Plenty of answers were provided along with a tremendous number of starting points to send you off in search of understanding and answers on your own - ultimately you are accountable to yourself for getting the answers to your questions. The source of most of the commonly used energy healing all traces back to the same starting points and that has been spelled out over and over now....yet you keep reiterating your ignorance and laying it at the feet of others in terms of responsibility.

Also Bella...I mean Rosabella already explained why your request will not be granted. If they say they aren't going to take a stand on it at this time.....then obviously they aren't going to put it in writing at this time. There's plenty of suggestions though if you read through the conference talks carefully! It would appear though that you want to be commanded in all things....

Choose wisely!

Good luck![/quote]

Nope, I'd surely like actual answers to the questions. I think it's like this: no one from the anti-healing opinion can give them and remain wholly committed that energy healing is Satanic. I understand.

I also understand that even though many understand this about themselves, no one wants to change their opinion (because really, that's all it is...). I understand.

I even understand that in the face of all that, when the next person asks about energy healing, the same endless and mostly useless quotes will be thrown up, along with many rumors about what Rosabella says the prophet and apostles and the GA's say, etc., and it will be paraded as "the truth"; and that when I ask once more for answers to questions, I won't get any. In the meantime, I see nothing in the conference talks that uphold your POV. I know people can see and find what they want in many things, while everyone else is going, "um... nope." "But that's ok, they just need the Spirit more, and then they'll see what WE (correctly) see!" Is that the way it is?

Maybe we could start with these questions:
If someone studies languages and has the gift to learn them, but is not LDS, is that a deception from Satan or a corruption of God's gift?

Is my car from God or Satan?

Is my suit from God or Satan?

If my car runs out of gas, is it ok to add gas, or just give it a priesthood blessing all the time?

If my suit (especially my Sunday suit) gets a tear, do I sew it with thread or just give it a priesthood blessing?

Should I lock my door at night, or just give my house a priesthood blessing?

Should I wear my seatbelt, or just give my car a priesthood blessing/ just get a priesthood blessing to heal me or get raised from the dead if I get in an accident?

If I am very excited about my new car, and like to drive it everywhere, and offer rides to everyone, instead of relying on priesthood miracles of being carried by the Spirit from one place to another, am I consciously or being duped by Satan?

bellafuego
Hi, I'm new.

Post by bellafuego »

I don't know which GA's Bella talked to but I have specifically discussed body talk with them. They said it meets their requirements as a legitimate form of healing. Did you know that the church has a special investigative team that investigates these different types of energy healing modalities? Elder Holland in this last conference stated "seek the advice of reputable people with certified training, professional skills, and good values. Be honest with them about your history and your struggles. Prayerfully and responsibly consider the counsel they give and the solutions they prescribe. If you had appendicitis, God would expect you to seek a priesthood blessing and get the best medical care available. So too with emotional disorders. Our Father in Heaven expects us to use all of the marvelous gifts He has provided in this glorious dispensation." Body talk is a mixture of eastern and western medicine. This energy medicine which you all speak of has been around for many years. It is commonly referred to as Chinese medicine. Our Eastern members and friends have used this for years. So honestly people think about it. Eastern energy medicine is not of the devil do you really think the church would pull it and tell our members in India and china and in Europe that they have been deceived, when that is all they have known and it is working for them and has for generations. The spirit is energy we are made up of energy. Yes you need to follow Elder Holland's advice and seek out people who are trained in dealing with what you have going on. The church requires that any modality have a certification process and that the modality be in at least two peer reviewed journals. Body talk practitioners are certified and there are several studies in peer reviewed journals validating body talk as an alternative to traditional western medicine. Pray about it, it's not for everyone but it has helped many people heal both physically and emotionally. God is all knowing, nowhere does he say western medicine is the only way to heal. For us in the Western hemisphere western medicine is what we know, it is what we were raised with. It is natural to be skeptical but truth is throughout the world and God doesn't limit healing to only happen through his priesthood or western medicine. He provides multiple ways to heal and multiple people to assist in the healing process. So my advice is get your priesthood blessings, pray you might feel guided to try body talk as the best modality to help you heal or you might not. I am grateful for personal revelation and that what might be right for me may not be right for you and I respect that. I try to research things out do all I can do, I believe ignorance creates fear, research for yourself ask questions talk with people who have had it done or interview a practitioner to get a better understanding. By their fruits ye shall know them. Trust your intuition and instincts, we have the gift of the holy ghost. I have had body talk done and I felt the spirit so strongly in my sessions that for me it is of God, nothing it does has taken away from my testimony and was not against the gospel. For the gospel is love, truth and light and for me and my experience with body talk it was an act of love done in truth and light.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Rosabella wrote:In meeting with the General Authorities we discussed in great detail the energy healing and the popularity of within and without the Church. They made it very clear that it was something we were not to participate in. I have an extended relative that is an energy healer. She was told by her Bishop and Stake President to quit completely or she could not have a temple recommend she was not happy with this order but did comply. So there appears to be different actions being taken or appear to be. I have also spoken with a person that talks in-depth with Elder Pace. He has also verified the stand the Church takes on energy healing and all the other occult practices..
This is an interesting comment. Approximately 4 years ago I placed a call to Elder Pace's office in behalf of a family member dealing with that subject for which Elder Pace is rather known for. He returned my call a couple days later & spent abt 45 min. On the phone with me personally. I explained to him the avenues we had learned about... Dr. Fish, & other energy healers... He was very compassionate in the conversation... Shared with me how often he would bless people to have the troubles continue... I have conversed with a number of those people who share that sentiment... And in the end, I explained to Elder Pace that I very much wanted to work within the parameters of the priesthood & could he recommend anyone who had understanding in the subject. He then told me 'no'... At that point I wanted nothing to do with energy healers because I preferred using the priesthood. He encouraged me to continue to seek help through energy healers. I was as adamant as I could be that I preferred the traditional path that I had grown to trust. And quite frankly that conversation was the impetus for me to go out & learn for myself how to do this work. I have met & used healers who after a couple sessions I knew had issues & I never went back, & I would release what they had done. & I have met incredible healers who are deeply committed to Christ. I've also met corrupt priesthood holders & honest ones. So I find this claim that Elder Pace said this as an inclusive to all energy healing impossible to believe, as I spoke to him personally. I made it as clear as I possibly could to him long before I waded into this type of work that his advice was being given extreme weight. I doubt that he would take his counsel so lightly.
Last edited by bethany on December 18th, 2013, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

BrianM wrote:
deepdoctrine wrote:It's strange to me that a person can be living in harmony with the gospel, have a temple recommend, have a testimony, appear to be quite spiritual - yet be deceived by something like this ...She has said the spirit has vividly told her this is something that is right for her and something she should pursue as a profession.
The spirit told her to heal people for money?

That doesn't sound like something the Holy Ghost would tell someone. Sounds like a deceiving spirit to me.

Acts 8:20 "Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money"

BodyTalk is a form of spiritual healing, it's not hard to guess which spirit is doing the healing when there is money involved.
As an energy healer... i spend hours a day doing this work... I personally have never accepted any payment for my own work. However I choose to pay well those that I engage in my behalf because I do not have a right to monopolize their time away from their family. I choose to give freely what I do. But I also choose to pay those who serve me. I cannot speak for all healers & their methods, my work involves generational & emotional issues & it does require spending time with a person & discussing what their needs are. I haven't met any priesthood holders who are out spending these types of hours engaged in healing. Those that do are rare... thinking of Brother Wolfgram here. I've watched quite a number of family members of people that I have worked with turn their lives around, repent & go back to church when their emotional blocks are removed. I did one quick session on a woman in Az. at the request of her father... removed her deep depression... guess who went from hating church, being entrenched in her feelings against it, to suddenly heading for a temple marriage. Her father was deeply grateful for her turn around. Being overwhelmed with depression is a huge block to spirituality & can certainly blur your sensitivities & cause you to feel that God has abandoned you. It literally took about 30 minutes to undo her issue. Her issue was what is called a despair anchor. Having experienced one, I can state that you can't see anything but despair & hopelessness when you have one. Remove it & it is just like turning on a light in a black room, the difference is immediate & extreme.

A large part of my studies have centered on Dr. Bradley Nelson's works. It has been very effective & saved a small fortune in medical bills. I would be curious to know what the church's position is on Brother Nelson's career of spreading energy healing globally?

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Rand wrote:Okay, this turned into a "Rant", read at your own risk.
Sharon, I have to agree. I read these posts with some interest. I am not involved with Body Talk, but I do do acupuncture and am a practicing Chiropractor. I find it fascinating that I find amazing doctrinal convergences in Acupuncture, chiropractic and The Gospel of Jesus Christ. However, I find no true "principle" involved in western medicine at all. Nearly the entire practice of medicine is stifling symptoms with drugs, at the expense of learning and growing through the afflictions life brings. Yet, the church culturally embraces medicine as a whole with no questions asked.

Brigham Young was a great detractor to medicine as a practice. Yet today we revere it's practice above the Priesthood blessing, if I understand Elder Oaks recent talk. Can someone shed some light on this contradiction to me? Why is energy medicine bad, but chemical medicine is good? Why is it bad to get a tattoo but good to have an organ surgically hacked out? Or, I can get botox, and a breast enhancement and that is okay, but not an energy treatment, because that is of the devil?

Why not extra ear rings, but we can have a knee we abused and didn't care for properly replaced, and that is okay? Help me out? I have such a hard time with these sweeping condemnations and acceptations that seem to be going on. Why don't we have to fast and pray before we go to our internist? Why is it we can go to our internist who was inspired to go into medicine and we can pay him, and that is okay, but not our energy healer? Why can that not be a course someone is inspired to pursue?

I just don't get it. Some here can spot a conspiracy theory a mile away with 9/11, or the Fed, but this doesn't stink to you? Big Pharma has now been deemed holy, and everything else evil. Sheesh. In my opinion, Satan gets way more mileage from antidepressants, as far as limiting eternal progress, than he does from any and all forms of energy work put together.
nicely said!

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

deepdoctrine wrote:Thanks for all the comments everyone... Someone had asked what the physical pain was. It is gallbladder pain. No stones - just a non-functioning gall bladder. Don't want to get it out because I have heard horror stories. Had the pain on & off for ~8 years. Sometimes can control it with diet. Honestly hasn't been as bad since I have been doing this bodytalk.
Just a suggestion... don't know where you live, but if I had this issue... I would find a chiropractor who uses cold laser treatment & have them work on this issue. I've had some really great experiences with cold laser.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Run away as fast as you can from this person.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

BodyTalk? Since my earlier posts, our family's experienced it--did some REALLY big help for us.

You don't have to believe in it for it to work.

MrScience
captain of 100

Post by MrScience »

JohnnyL, what type therapy was used?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

MrScience wrote:JohnnyL, what type therapy was used?
BodyTalk. (Generally, it's the "sub-division" Access, though I don't know which it was that helped the most.)

mekarie
Hi, I'm new.

Post by mekarie »

I heard about Body Talk from several friends, and being an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I take it seriously to "study it out in your mind", to seek if something is right. I've studied diets and later, alternative health modalities, starting 38 years ago. I have a certificate in Massage, Infant Massage Instruction, Doula, Microscopy and other trainings I picked up along the way. So when I had stress-induced ACNE blowing out the left side of my face this last November, I thought I would go try some Body Talk. I went online and did research. I went to http://www.BodyTalkSystem.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and studied their Testimonials, Videos, Instructors, Founder and so forth. I found a couple Body Talk Practitioners around my local Utah town. I felt so relieved to be there in the office of my first Body Talk practitioner. She was professional and sensitive. The session was relaxing and I cried a bit because of some emotional things that cried their way out. She was wonderful. I could tell from the good feeling in her home office, and the fact that they were headed to a family baptism, that they loved the Church, and the Lord.
The NEXT day, my acne (which I never had growing up...) had stopped flaring up, and was starting to heal. I got a blessing from my husband later, and was told to "continue what I was doing". I had herbals I was taking, and Vitamin E for my skin, as well as another Body Talk session scheduled. I went to another Body Talk practitioner because I wanted to see if they were all the same, not just "gifted", or thought they had some kind of greater ability--like many "healers" out there. She was also very professional, and followed the same protocol, and charts. That session was also very relaxing and I felt much closer to my husband afterwards. Every Body Talk professional I have had the privilege of meeting, since that time, has been kind, professional, and take their work seriously. They have to go through MUCH training, and tests, and practice, and professional certification. I took the Body Talk ONE and TWO module, and was impressed by the caliber of the people who were in the classes. They were from many professions; A psychologist, a Chiropractor, a Rancher, a mother...who just wanted to help her family. The class was very well taught, and I came away feeling incredible, because we got to do much practice...unlike many "trainings" i've checked out. I've got to say, I have fallen in love with the professionalism of Body Talk! I've been looking for something like this, for a long time. They check out: They have professionally taught Instructors, Scientific papers, a Board of Directors, professionals that founded it, checks and balances, protocol that stays the same, Instructors with advanced degrees. And, they have hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of excellent testimonials, and have been around for years.
They have an professional board and organization: "The International BodyTalk Foundation (IBF) is a US non-profit 501(c)(3) private foundation. The IBF has been established to support the research and development of the BodyTalk System and the education of the healthcare community and the general public. The IBF fulfills its mission through two branches of programs: Scientific Research Studies and BodyTalk Access Outreach Programs."
As I have read through ALL of these comments, I am astonished at the lack of RESEARCH done by people here! The FIRST thing I did, rather than run to the nearest, latest and greatest person/modality I was told about was; To do RESEARCH. Then to pray.
I LIKE feeling MUCH BETTER! I LIKE not having my face oozing with painful acne. So much of what was said in most of the other posts, simply did not make much sense. They were knee jerk reactions. And they hurt the cause of our church! I am embarrassed for us! I do not believe that anyone calling our General Authorities "GA's" is very respectful of our Brethren! They deserve their full title.
Every profession has it's place. Much of the "Energy Healing" out there, IS still experimental, and going through it's growing pains. BUT, Body Talk is NOT "Energy Healing"!!!!
It is SYSTEMATIC, PROVEN, and PROFESSIONAL!
Go do some RESEARCH, pray, and then try it out! You just may be surprised at the gentle results. Either you believe that our bodies have intelligence, or they do not. If you think our body is just a bag of bones, then don't bother. But Joseph Smith taught that we were "Intelligences before we were Spirits"....and the body IS beautifully designed, made in the IMAGE of GOD, and has deep intelligence. If I understand it correctly, after 4 full days of classes (and LOTS of studying, and practice, then tests to go...), Body Talk Practitioners, LISTEN to that Intelligence, then follow their charts. They get the body to RE-communicate with itself. The BODY does the healing, NOT the practitioner. That makes it a very HUMBLE, respectful kind of Profession.
God bless the honest, sincere seeker of Truth! I have a new lease on life because of these professionals. BODY TALK WORKS!
No one has to Believe it for it to work. And that, in my book, is the best thing of all!

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

I fail to see how body talk is not energy healing. Having done it, it is the same thing with a different way of getting the same end result. Energy healing is talking to the body also. I've done EFT, Body Code, Emotion Code, Carol Tuttles methods, cranial sacral therapy, cold laser treatment... It's all the same thing. You are talking to the body, spirit, emotions... To see what block, trauma, imbalance etc. happened - how it happened, move it out, bring back balance which restores communication & healthy energy systems which in turn manifests physically & mentally.

Priesthood healing is the same thing, you are talking to the body/spirit & commanding the outcome & the intelligences obey.

However with a priesthood healing, you may or may not heal the underlying condition that allowed the physical issue to come forward. You can force a physical healing without getting rid of the 'stuff' behind it. Before someone freaks out... Say you 'heal' someone whose ancestral line has diabetes. Through energy healing, you would work through layers of information that created the imbalance & you would bring balance back to the entire ancestral line which includes the cousins, etc. It may take longer, but in the end, the record is erased in the DNA. The priesthood blessing would likely affect one person. Energy healing's effects will affect the living descendants... Go back up the line to the point of origin & back down to their descendants. Think of inherited addictive energies, schizophrenia, etc....
Last edited by bethany on April 8th, 2014, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Knowing how reactive LDS ppl can be... I am not saying energy is superior to priesthood, I am discussing the processes of the two things.

sarahmj
captain of 100

Post by sarahmj »

mekarie wrote:I heard about Body Talk from several friends, and being an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I take it seriously to "study it out in your mind", to seek if something is right. I've studied diets and later, alternative health modalities, starting 38 years ago. I have a certificate in Massage, Infant Massage Instruction, Doula, Microscopy and other trainings I picked up along the way. So when I had stress-induced ACNE blowing out the left side of my face this last November, I thought I would go try some Body Talk. I went online and did research. I went to http://www.BodyTalkSystem.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and studied their Testimonials, Videos, Instructors, Founder and so forth. I found a couple Body Talk Practitioners around my local Utah town. I felt so relieved to be there in the office of my first Body Talk practitioner. She was professional and sensitive. The session was relaxing and I cried a bit because of some emotional things that cried their way out. She was wonderful. I could tell from the good feeling in her home office, and the fact that they were headed to a family baptism, that they loved the Church, and the Lord.
The NEXT day, my acne (which I never had growing up...) had stopped flaring up, and was starting to heal. I got a blessing from my husband later, and was told to "continue what I was doing". I had herbals I was taking, and Vitamin E for my skin, as well as another Body Talk session scheduled. I went to another Body Talk practitioner because I wanted to see if they were all the same, not just "gifted", or thought they had some kind of greater ability--like many "healers" out there. She was also very professional, and followed the same protocol, and charts. That session was also very relaxing and I felt much closer to my husband afterwards. Every Body Talk professional I have had the privilege of meeting, since that time, has been kind, professional, and take their work seriously. They have to go through MUCH training, and tests, and practice, and professional certification. I took the Body Talk ONE and TWO module, and was impressed by the caliber of the people who were in the classes. They were from many professions; A psychologist, a Chiropractor, a Rancher, a mother...who just wanted to help her family. The class was very well taught, and I came away feeling incredible, because we got to do much practice...unlike many "trainings" i've checked out. I've got to say, I have fallen in love with the professionalism of Body Talk! I've been looking for something like this, for a long time. They check out: They have professionally taught Instructors, Scientific papers, a Board of Directors, professionals that founded it, checks and balances, protocol that stays the same, Instructors with advanced degrees. And, they have hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of excellent testimonials, and have been around for years.
They have an professional board and organization: "The International BodyTalk Foundation (IBF) is a US non-profit 501(c)(3) private foundation. The IBF has been established to support the research and development of the BodyTalk System and the education of the healthcare community and the general public. The IBF fulfills its mission through two branches of programs: Scientific Research Studies and BodyTalk Access Outreach Programs."
As I have read through ALL of these comments, I am astonished at the lack of RESEARCH done by people here! The FIRST thing I did, rather than run to the nearest, latest and greatest person/modality I was told about was; To do RESEARCH. Then to pray.
I LIKE feeling MUCH BETTER! I LIKE not having my face oozing with painful acne. So much of what was said in most of the other posts, simply did not make much sense. They were knee jerk reactions. And they hurt the cause of our church! I am embarrassed for us! I do not believe that anyone calling our General Authorities "GA's" is very respectful of our Brethren! They deserve their full title.
Every profession has it's place. Much of the "Energy Healing" out there, IS still experimental, and going through it's growing pains. BUT, Body Talk is NOT "Energy Healing"!!!!
It is SYSTEMATIC, PROVEN, and PROFESSIONAL!
Go do some RESEARCH, pray, and then try it out! You just may be surprised at the gentle results. Either you believe that our bodies have intelligence, or they do not. If you think our body is just a bag of bones, then don't bother. But Joseph Smith taught that we were "Intelligences before we were Spirits"....and the body IS beautifully designed, made in the IMAGE of GOD, and has deep intelligence. If I understand it correctly, after 4 full days of classes (and LOTS of studying, and practice, then tests to go...), Body Talk Practitioners, LISTEN to that Intelligence, then follow their charts. They get the body to RE-communicate with itself. The BODY does the healing, NOT the practitioner. That makes it a very HUMBLE, respectful kind of Profession.
God bless the honest, sincere seeker of Truth! I have a new lease on life because of these professionals. BODY TALK WORKS!
No one has to Believe it for it to work. And that, in my book, is the best thing of all!

Can you please give me some references to actual real scientific studies that have abeen published in peer-reviewd journals?

Etana
captain of 10

Post by Etana »

I do Body Talk and what I love about it is it addresses healing at the physical, spiritual, and emotional levels. Since we are not just our physical bodies, this makes total sense. When I do a body talk session, I always pray for help and accuracy from God and the Holy Ghost for the session. I use a protocol sheet and using muscle testing, and ask what is out of balance with the person's body, mind or spirit. Using the protocol sheet narrows things down to where the imbalance lies, then I tap both sides of the brain, then the body to program things to come back into balance. This can be anything from organs, endocrines, emotional releases, trauma, allergies, dehydration, etc... Our bodies are intelligent and know how to heal (cuts, broken bones-casts just immobilize the bone-the body does the healing). Don't think out of fear that healing outside drs. offices doesn't happen. Just because the church doesn't teach alternative healings, doesn't mean it isn't truth. I do most of my readings by proxy, and they are quite accurate. I know it isn't me doing the healing-that all comes from Heaven and his will to allow people to heal. I take no credit for it-I am just a tool in God's hands. I try to be open to truth wherever it is-and the church doesn't have exclusivity on truth. I am so much happier now that I told God I am looking for truth wherever I can find it, and to please continue to show it to me. Amazing what an open mind can learn! :)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Jason wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
New age is about to get shifted right out of the church....make sure you aren't on the wrong side!
How's that? Can this be substantiated as more than a rumor? If so, please do so, with specific details. And what will fall under "new age"? More questions I'd like answers to...
I've been told that at some point in the near future the Church will take a hard stand on new age via Elder Boyd K Packer....you could call it a rumor....I trust the source but its word of mouth from my lips.
Hey, I must have missed this hard stand from a very trusted source--any link?