Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it safe?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it safe?

Post by Rosabella »

Astral projection

This subject has come up on a few threads so I felt it needed to be address and clarified.

The practice of Astral projection is held in the deep occult. The Theosophists that say Lucifer is the God of this planet are the primary teachers of this practice. They are the root or origin of the new age movement. Helena Blavatsky is called the mother of the New Age Movement she is a Theosophist/Occultist.

This is an overview from Wikipedia under Astral projection and Akashic records showing that Astral projection is part of the occult doctrines. I have just quoted some of what they say. I have many other sources but this is a good quick explanation.

“In occult traditions, practices range from inducing trance states to the mental construction of a second body, called the Body of Light in Aleister Crowley's writings, through visualization and controlled breathing, followed by the transfer of consciousness to the secondary body by a mental act of will.

Astral projection (or astral travel) refers to episodes of out-of-body experiences perceived as unfolding in environments other than the physical world, by an astral counterpart of the physical body that separates from it and travels to one or more astral planes. Astral projection is experienced as being "out of the body". Unlike dreaming or near death experiences, astral projection may be practiced deliberately.

Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body or double leaving the physical body to travel in the astral plane. According to classical, medieval, renaissance Neoplatonist, later Theosophist and Rosicrucian philosophy, the astral body is an intermediate body of light linking the rational soul to the physical body, and the astral plane is an intermediate world of light between Heaven and Earth composed of the spheres of the planets and stars. These astral spheres were held to be populated by gods, angels, demons and spirits.

The common belief is that the subtle body is attached to the physical body by means of a psychic silver cord.

The akashic records (akasha is a Sanskrit word meaning "sky", "space" or "aether") is a term used in theosophy (and Anthroposophy) to describe a compendium of mystical knowledge encoded in a non-physical plane of existence. These records are described to contain all knowledge of human experience and the history of the cosmos. They are metaphorically described as a library and other analogues commonly found in discourse on the subject include a 'universal computer' and the 'Mind of God'. Descriptions of the records assert that they are constantly updated and that they can be accessed through astral projection. The concept originated in the theosophical movements of the 19th century, and remains prevalent in New Age discourse.

The records have been referred to by different names: the cosmic mind, the universal mind, the collective unconscious, or the collective subconscious. Others think the Akashic records make clairvoyance and psychic perception possible.

It is believed by philosophists, trained psychics, mystics, and Reiki practitioners that the events recorded upon that Akasha can be ascertained or read in certain states of consciousness. Such states of consciousness can be induced by certain stages of sleep, weakness, illness, drugs, and meditation so not only mystics but ordinary people can and do perceive the Akashic records. Some mystics claim to be able to reanimate their contents as if they were turning on a celestial television set. Yogis also believe that these records can be perceived in certain psychic states.”

Theosophy is one of the primary teachers of the Akashic records. It is the counterfeit of the Book of Life. Theosophists Annie Besant, Alice Bailey and Madam Helena Pertovna Blavatsky, all participated and believed in the Akashic records. Astral projection can be used just to take a tour of the world without your body, but the real reason it is used is to reach the Akashic Records for greater enlightenment.

When you leave your body to Astral project you are leaving you body in a very similar form as when you are channeling entities. The descriptions of the experiences are quite often very close to the same.

I have a dear friend that prior to his conversion to the LDS faith he was Astral projecting regularly. I was friends with him at the time I was not LDS either. He could leave his body walk around his room, leave his house and visit places and witness things that later he could verify. On one occasion he was doing this he came back to his body and found it nearly impossible to re-enter. He had to fight of another entity that was attempting to take over his body. He had to battle for control of his own body for quite a while hearing horrible growling sounds. He said it was one of the scariest things that every had happened to him. He at the time had no belief in demons and only thought he was using powers that he had in him self as many books he had read told him. He felt it was just a natural extention of his spiritual abilities. After this experience he never Astral projected again and he also started to check into Christianity. He later joined the LDS church when I testified to him the truth of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Astral projection is something that we are not to participate in. This is not something we gain any Divine knowledge from. It is done through mediation and leaves us open for demonic possession. This is not an approved practice for LDS it is part of the occult and not our faith. I shared my friend’s story with the GAs and they agreed that this was not a practice we were to dabble in. There are no spiritual references that support this as a accepted activity. If the Lord chooses to show us things or take our Spirit somewhere it is by His will not ours. This activity has nothing to do with the Lords will or His teachings but it is based soley our our will. Its roots are completely in the Occult.

I have much more research on this topic.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Re: Astral Projection

Post by kathyn »

Bella, thanks for posting that information. I get the feeling that some people on this forum think this practice is okay.
I've been around the occult before and it scares me. Those who practice it think it's benign. My niece sees herself as a white witch. She believes in Gaia and animal spirits and such. She's "green" through and through. Everything is about nature. She's tried all of the various techniques and she thinks she's so wise and enlightened. She hates Christians and organized religion, generally because they're the cause of all of the world's problems. She has managed to convince two of my daughters that religion is bad, especially Christianity and Mormonism. Also, Mormon leaders are part of the NWO conspiracy and that reptile aliens really are the bad aliens who control us, but that our ancestors were aliens, too.

I believe the biggest danger to us is in underestimating astral projection, meditation and other New Age doctrines. They seem so harmless to most people. But they suck you right into the world of channeling and other occult teachings. LDS should know to stay away from this stuff but so many don't see the danger. :roll:

A Me
captain of 100

Re: Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it safe?

Post by A Me »

Re: seeing the danger, I think part of it is pride and part of it is curiosity. We are spiritual beings and Lucifer capitalizes on that instinct within us, twisting it.

My mom took pride in the fact that people thought she was a witch, even though, as an active member of the church at the time, she never called herself that.

MercynGrace
captain of 100

Post by MercynGrace »

Wow! Color me skeptical. I never would have thought people took astral projection seriously. I would've thought it a useful tool for sci-fi or fantasy movie plots. Weird.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Bella.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

People take it very serious even though it sounds crazy to many. The world is embracing these ideas and our government even worked on it with a Remote viewing project. It is reported that it was tested and attempted to be used for spying. Remote viewing, astral projections and lucid dreaming all fall within pretty much the same category. Just with slight differences, but they all have similar experience, effects and processes to attain the same results. Unfortunately I have met quite a few members of our Church that practice on or all of these. There has been support on this site as well which is why I posted this thread. If we track back the sources and promoters of these activities it always goes back to theosophy/occult. They are the founders of the new age movement and are the ones that are promoting clearly in all there writings New World Order and say Lucifer is the God of the planet. These are encouraged practices of theirs.

This is a pretty good article Pro-astral projection/remote viewing/Lucid dreaming. It give some good history of the different ways and different theories the occultist authors believe. If you read it you see things like visualization or affirmations. It is easy for some to just focus on a topic without the history and think it in itself is ok to do. But when you put it into context you find what it really is.

http://www.crystalinks.com/astralprojection.html Again I stress this is not an accepted practice within our Church but is a large part of the occult.

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

I first found out about astral projection when on my mission. We listened to a talk tape done by a LDS man who was once a record producer in Hollywood. He taught about the occultic influence in rock music. He went on to explain astral projection and played interviews with well known rock stars as they explained thier astral trips. A missionary that shared our apartment said that as a child he saw a tv show about this practice and said he started practicing it frequently. He testified that it caused him a great deal of grief and warned all of us to never tread that path.

Shortly after I returned from my mission i was driving around in my car and heard Ozzy Osbornes "Flying High Again" song. I recognized that this song was all about the evil practice of astral projection that I had learned about on my mission. Here is some of the lyrics. Can you recognize the intent here?

Got a crazy feeling I don't understand
'Gotta get away from here
Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
Waitin' for the sun to appear
Mamma's gonna worry
I been a bad bad boy
No use sayin' sorry
It's something that I enjoy
'Cause you can't see what my eyes see
(I can see it, I can see it)
And you can't be inside of me, flying high again
I can see through the mountains watch me disappear
I can even touch the sky
Swallowing colours of the sound I hear
Am I just a crazy guy. (You bet).
Mamma's gonna worry
I been a bad bad boy
No use sayin' sorry
It's something that I enjoy
If you could be inside my head
You'd see that black and white is red
Flying high again
Flying high again
Flying high again
Flying high again come on and join me.

Satan's influence is all around us and unless we educate ourselves we can fall prey to deception.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

p51-mustang. Thanks for the add'l info. You better believe that occult stuff is in a lot of rock and heavy metal music. We know that the "song of the righteous is a prayer....." from the D & C. Well, just as we have our hymns, the adversary has his. Music is an emotional path to our souls, be it for good or for evil. Of course, not all music is harmful, but enough of it is that we should at least be aware of it.

lamanite
captain of 100

Post by lamanite »

I remember that talk tape floating around my mission as well. I think it was entitled "The Occult and Rock and Roll Music" or something like that. I've looked for it since but never found it. This could be a totally erroneous memory but the name Lynn Bryson comes to mind as the author? I later heard a rumor that he was excommunicated for adultery. Never knew quite what to make of the whole matter as a young missionary so I took it in with a grain of salt and got back to work. I'd like to listen to it again if I could find it. Anyone else know where to find this?

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

So in other words, Lucifer dwells in the spirit realm and thinks he's boss (maybe he is for that realm, but there are higher Gods with much more glory than he, who can exist physically as well as spiritually), therefore we can not visit while our body is resting? "Better stay at home and guard the tabernacle." That's like saying you shouldn't leave the house because evil men and women lurk "out there". And why is this presented like it's the teaching of a prophet, when I see no citings within, and certainly have read nothing condemning these types of holy spiritual experiences in scripture (in fact many prophets are "there" in their visions! ("I was in the spirit on the Lord's Day", "I was carried away into heaven", etc.)). It seems to me that is fashionable here to call everything evil in absence of proof or authoritative revelation. Vigilance is good, but I have to draw a line somewhere.

What does it matter if one enters the "Dream World" by their own volition or through "
sleep or a very rare NDE? Not all AP'ers speak of the records. I have had a few experiences, but nothing that shows any records. I believe if they exist, it is because they were created by the spirits that like to promote Transmigration and other doctrines. It's not a perfect or foolproof realm, and certainly beings of all levels of morals roam there, trying to deceive as well as to edify and teach truth.

As far as becoming possessed, I have more experience running this body than anyone else does. It would be like a someone trying to steal an old car that needs an expert to run. Fearing spirits that are no more powerful than you are is a good way to be kept from certain learning experiences. And if they are good drivers, then I guess I get a longer vacation than normal. I just hope they don't get it in a wreck before the "cops" find the stolen "car". (like the pigs of Galilee, and their inexperienced operators)

We didn't come here just to be physical, but to learn to perfectly marry spirit and flesh. Getting refreshers on the pre-existence and glimpses of pre-resurrection paradise are very good things in my point of view. You guys may see differently. Life is long and we tend to forget what it was like, especially when our physical brain needs to write down what our spirits already know.

Just like every other realm in which we live our continuous life, there are good zones and bad zones, dangers and benefits, and a need for common sense. I believe that those with us are more - much more - than they that be with the adversary. Most of the people that do evil things in the spirit realm do the same in the physical - they interact without any real "line" between them. Brigham Young and other prophets said all is spiritual. So whether you learn something in a trance or dream state (alpha brain wave), or fully conscious physically, it's not much different. I just like to have 24 hours to learn instead of 16 or so per day. The feeling after an intense spiritual experience makes physical sensations seem fleeting and mundane. It seems to create energy rather than drain it. It makes me look forward to the day when I have a resurrected body fully powered by the spirit of life created by God our Heavenly Father.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Rock34, I am starting to despair when I read your writings. The Lord will determine who is worthy for revelations and visions. We must prepare ourselves and do all that we can to be receptive to the Spirit, but we don't get to decide that we get to visit "the Gods". Honestly, Rock34, do you really think you can dabble in Lucifer's realm without getting in over your head? Spiritualism is Lucifer's realm. There is nothing "spiritual" about it, other than you are giving access to Lucifer. You think he cannot enter your body when you're practicing astral projection? I am sorry for you.

I don't mean to get personal, but I believe you sincerely mean what you're saying and I don't want any LDS misled into any occult practices.

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

How does Lucifer have his own realm? Isn't he just a single spirit just like us? Really, this board has gotten weird since this section opened up. Maybe I'll find somewhere else to post. Less boogeyman theories and more useful discussions. I hope you don't try to convince the next lifelong member that they are apostate for doing something that came to them, and didn't seek out at first. I think some people have a very narrow view of what the Church is.

But before I go (If I stick around I'll probably get booted by a mod since I'm breaking conformity with my views), I'll let you know where I stand as far as LDS beliefs are concerned. I'm still convinced that Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and the other Prophets brought forth the best explanation on what and who God is, and I believe it was directly from the source of that knowledge. Every thing is perfect in setup. If God is going to restore his Church, then he will send Angels and call Prophets and Apostles. None of this conflicts in any way with what I believe. It fits perfectly. So I just found that this extended world I was exposed to was equally real, and felt just as right. Not only that, but many scriptures have similar accounts. I've never encountered what I knew to be Lucifer (though I undoubtedly have had run ins with his underlings), but have encountered many loved ones and other beings of which I feel it is too personal and sacred to mention. I will continue to seek these experiences as long as my spirit and body allow, and wish everyone could and would do the same.

I wish no one here ill. Good luck in your endeavors. I'm getting the feeling this site just isn't for me. I'd like to thank posters like Darren, Aussie Oi, and other insightful posters that I have enjoyed reading (BTW Darren, I'm planning on reading more of Wydner's stuff - looong though), but I think my stay here has run its course.

So long.

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

I remember that talk tape floating around my mission as well. I think it was entitled "The Occult and Rock and Roll Music" or something like that. I've looked for it since but never found it. This could be a totally erroneous memory but the name Lynn Bryson comes to mind as the author? I later heard a rumor that he was excommunicated for adultery. Never knew quite what to make of the whole matter as a young missionary so I took it in with a grain of salt and got back to work. I'd like to listen to it again if I could find it. Anyone else know where to find this?
Yes, that was the tape I heard. I remember the content of the tape well to this day and I believe it to be true. Satan and his influence is seen in so many places but often it is hidden so very well.

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

Rock 34, if you want to experiment with occult practices, then good luck. I am just puzzled that any latter day saint would think astral projection has anything to do with true religion. :?

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

I heard Art Bell talking about this practice but he called it "remote viewing". He said he got very good at it and then it turned bad. He said his spirit would without warning leave his body and he couldnt control it. A missionary I lived with in the field told me he experimented with this practice and that it led him to a very dark place.

Truth will Prevail
captain of 100

Post by Truth will Prevail »

I would love a copy of Lynn Bryson talk, does anyone have it????? I have searched over the net but nothing? Someone must have it??

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

There is one called Apples or Onion? by Jack R Christianson. He has done an extensive research on music and its efects on peoples feelings, thoughts and spirituality. Some of the ideas from his tape was printed in the April 1984 The New Era. I am sure this is not the one you are looking for. I have not heard it yet so I can not say what it is like.

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?v ... &hideNav=1

arbilad
captain of 10

Post by arbilad »

Rock34, it is more like you leaving your car running with the keys in it while a repo man has been waiting around trying to take possession. Lucifer's followers have a lot of experience possessing people, much longer than you've been alive.
They're also skilled at appearing as angels of light, promising secret knowledge. There is no secret knowledge. Everything that we need to know for salvation has been told us. Other questions may be interesting, but you don't need to get into the occult to find answers. The Lord will provide them. He put the veil in place for a reason. It's for our benefit and progression. Those who have had the veil taken away, such as the Brother of Jared, are those that have advanced so far that they have no need of it anymore. And then it's not an out of body thing. Just like the brother of Jared, he saw Christ's spirit while still in his body. Your perception is increased.
You say that astral projection has not been specifically prohibited. I say that we have enough information at our finger tips to be able to deduce that astral projection is harmful to our progression. Remember, it is an unwise and slothful servant that must be commanded in all things (or in other words, told exactly what he can and can't do).

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Re: Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it saf

Post by clarkkent14 »

Truth will Prevail wrote:I would love a copy of Lynn Bryson talk, does anyone have it????? I have searched over the net but nothing? Someone must have it??
I have it... I just bought it from the DI. Bella I will give it to you next time we meet. Or I can hook up my tape player to my mac and .mp3 it for everyone.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

clarkkent14 wrote:
Truth will Prevail wrote:I would love a copy of Lynn Bryson talk, does anyone have it????? I have searched over the net but nothing? Someone must have it??
I have it... I just bought it from the DI. Bella I will give it to you next time we meet. Or I can hook up my tape player to my mac and .mp3 it for everyone.
i think if it comes to you and you are righteous, go with it
isn't that what happened to nephi? couldnt it just be a dream or vision?

by the take token if there was legion,and the pigs, and possessions referred to in the new testament, well, if Jesus says this kind dont come out but with fasting and prayer, thats good enough for me. i'll go with the car/ keys / open door analogy. i wont go trying there at all, even though it might be potentially safe...sometimes. just too big a risk for us, i'd imagine especially if you have the priesthood, are endowed and so on

do the math. if 80billion are estimated to have lived on earth, that 40billion of "them", and 6billion of us now on earth, take out babies and under 8s, i'd say theres probably 10 looking at me right now. now of course we cant speculate how it works. maybe they're elsewhere, i just dont know nor do i really care to consider it more than i need to, i have home teaching to go to tonight and am busy enough as it is

i reckon remote viewing might be interesting. again, do you look for it? could it be a part of our consciousness we have yet to tap into?

maybe/ maybe not.

did the guy who discovered infra red or untra violet spin out? how about Marconi and radio waves?

dont even get me on sub space.
lots to learn, much no doubt will be okay, but yeah, in the meantime, prefer the safe option, give it a miss

i dont think im mnissing on too much in the meantime

tlove
captain of 50

Post by tlove »

MercynGrace wrote:Wow! Color me skeptical. I never would have thought people took astral projection seriously. I would've thought it a useful tool for sci-fi or fantasy movie plots. Weird.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Bella.
Yes ~ thank you Bella once again. I have heard of this before, but like MercynGrace, I really didn't think people actually did it. :shock: My mind is blown.
I'm thankful for the posts here, you have given us a whole lot of good information of what to stay away from.

Thanks again, I have learned A LOT.
:shock: tlove

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

I'm pretty new to this forum, so please forgive me if I say anything that may offend as that is not my intent. This thread caught my eye because I was almost led in the direction of astral projection. It's too long of a story to go into but I will just say that despite all of the reasons for it that were made out to be as "truths", I had an uneasy feeling about it and to this day I will never go there. I believe it to be Satan's counterfit for being 'carried away by the spirit'

Right now I am an excommunicated member of the LDS church. (Not for astral projecting but for a major sin) I am in the repentence process and am trying to do everything I can to have my church blessings restored. The loss of the Holy Ghost was the most spiritually painful thing that it is beyond description. I guess my point is that I know without a doubt, this gospel is true. Despite what my feelings may be on Astral projecting, I would like to encourage those currently involved in the practice to put something to the test so to speak. We know that there are heavenly messengers and we know that their are 'unheavenly messengers'. Even Adam and Eve were aware of this if you listen to what they ask of a messenger in the temple and specific instructions are made known on how to test if these messengers are from Heavenly Father or some other source. I think the things taught there are so important and this lesson of particular importance. We are at war and it is a battle for the souls of men. Satan will decieve every way he can but we have been given the intructions for testing these messengers because even satan can appear as an angel of light. I apologize if I rambled or didn't make much sense. I tend to do that sometimes.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

katmr, thanks for your remarks and may I commend you on your courage and honesty. I have every faith that you will make it back to being a member in good standing. Isn't repentance a marvelous gift?

I first heard of astral projection about 15+ years ago. One of the young women in our ward was getting into it and I thought that was weird at that time but I didn't fully understand how prevalent it was becoming and how it was tied into the occult.

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

Kathyn, thank you so much for your kind words. That really meant a lot to me. I am ever thankful for the Atonement made by the Savior and that there is a way back. Being 8 yrs. old when I was baptized, I don't remember what it felt like to recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost but I will never ever forget what it felt like to lose that precious gift. I pray that I can and would love to be baptized on April the 6th as it would be just over my year mark but I realize that it's a wait and see and all is in the Lord's hands and in his timing. I would just love for it to be on the Lord's birthday. :)

I have a friend I have lost touch with who believed that Astral Projection was a good thing. I believe she said there was a book called something like 'Masters of the East.' Anyhow, from what I understand, these 'masters' or this group astral project and are taught by 'ascended masters.' (I wish I could remember the scripture but it is something to the effect 'There is one that should be called master.') They posess the power to heal instantly, including their temple if it is somehow marred. I believe it is a major deception and it is not the Lords power being used. Also in Reiki healing they use the term 'Reiki Master' that's also a red flag for me but that's a whole other topic. This particular friend also started getting involved with many new age types of healing. I have recently heard she's left the church. I pray it's not true, but I fear that it is. I am aware of those that had been concerned for her and tried talking to her about it but she believed these to be 'truths', 'higher laws' etc. These things are so subtly deceptive. I wasn't even aware that even those at Y.W. age are getting involved. That is truly very frightening.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

katmr, I know that even though you may not have the Gift of the Holy Ghost, yet you can still have the Lord's help and guidance by virtue of your repentance and faith. I know the Lord is very pleased with your attitude and contrition. His fondest wish is to have you back in the fold, so to speak. God bless you. You're certainly doing what you need to do. Keep it up and don't get discouraged.

For some reason, the occult tends to fascinate people and what may start out harmless investigation becomes all-emcompassing and then they are following their master, not The Master. Astral projection is one of those activities that absolutely invites evil.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

kathyn wrote:katmr, I know that even though you may not have the Gift of the Holy Ghost, yet you can still have the Lord's help and guidance by virtue of your repentance and faith. I know the Lord is very pleased with your attitude and contrition. His fondest wish is to have you back in the fold, so to speak. God bless you. You're certainly doing what you need to do. Keep it up and don't get discouraged.

For some reason, the occult tends to fascinate people and what may start out harmless investigation becomes all-emcompassing and then they are following their master, not The Master. Astral projection is one of those activities that absolutely invites evil.
And I would add to that. You may not have the gift of the Holy Ghost, but that does not mean he is not witnessing to you at times. It just means you do not have the right of having him as your constant companion. When we are in the process of repentance the Spirit will be stronger than in any other time in you life.
I have to repent a lot. So I speak from experience.