Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it safe?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Magus
captain of 100

Re: Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it safe?

Post by Magus »

arbilad wrote:Rock34, it is more like you leaving your car running with the keys in it while a repo man has been waiting around trying to take possession. Lucifer's followers have a lot of experience possessing people, much longer than you've been alive.
They're also skilled at appearing as angels of light, promising secret knowledge. There is no secret knowledge. Everything that we need to know for salvation has been told us. Other questions may be interesting, but you don't need to get into the occult to find answers. The Lord will provide them. He put the veil in place for a reason. It's for our benefit and progression. Those who have had the veil taken away, such as the Brother of Jared, are those that have advanced so far that they have no need of it anymore. And then it's not an out of body thing. Just like the brother of Jared, he saw Christ's spirit while still in his body. Your perception is increased.
You say that astral projection has not been specifically prohibited. I say that we have enough information at our finger tips to be able to deduce that astral projection is harmful to our progression. Remember, it is an unwise and slothful servant that must be commanded in all things (or in other words, told exactly what he can and can't do).
I am floored by the proclamation "there is no secret knowledge." Or that the existence of additional knowledge is merely "interesting." As if it were simply some side-show amusement. Wow.

Secret knowledge doesn't come to anyone with an attitude like that. It is much too priceless.

Yes, we have the core basics essential for salvation, but for some people, they NEED TO KNOW MORE for those core basics to be of any use to them. It's a facet of who they are. The unanswered questions gnaw at them. The reasoning behind the core basics may not be enough for them. They just need more. Saying "just have faith" is not sufficient - they need to know and to experience. And so, USING THEIR FAITH, they seek out that extra knowledge and experience, which comes at a price. It's so ironic you talk about a slothful servant being commanded in all things. Pursuing any amount of knowledge is anything but slothful.
Last edited by Magus on January 1st, 2016, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

I just gotta say, and I mean no offense, but the ignorance on display in this thread is truly dumbfounding.

I mean, of course exercise critical thinking in the things you investigate, of course exercise judgment. Much truth will be mingled with falsehood. Much like the Apocrypha. That doesn't mean it is forbidden or should not be sought out or understood - or that others should be disdained who do.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

It goes back to the same thinking that is too similar to:

Yeah, don't fix your car--you could get your hands mangled. Don't drive or even ride--you could die. Don't eat--you could choke. Don't ever use anything electric--you could get electrocuted and die.

Drunk people drive cars and die. Bad people drive cars after they rob banks. If you drive, see what bad company you keep? See what kind of person you are? If you drive, you also will drink and rob banks.

Obviously, all those things are from Satan, because they are dangerous/ can hurt you.

People, LIFE IS DANGEROUS, LIFE CAN HURT YOU, LIFE WILL KILL YOU. If you think like that, is life from Satan, too?

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Also analogies of playing with fire and getting burned...or getting cocky and thinking we know more than others (pride)....and I've personally seen more trouble and trip-ups (apostasy) in this category than I've seen in the other that has been downtrodden over the previous series of posts.

I think it's pays to be very cautious...fwiw

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

I completely agree that it pays to be very cautious. The wolves are on the prowl, we are targets. Going outside of your basic Sunday three hour block, your basic answers of "go to church, say your prayers, read your scriptures" is, in some ways, a perilous path. It's not for people who are going to be easily swayed or influenced away from their testimonies or their good gospel habits. You have to take those things with you and also be willing to be open minded and learn new things, things that may challenge or alter your current understanding in some way. The Holy Ghost can be your companion. But the pursuit of great truth and great knowledge is always going to have an element of danger. But it's worth it.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Jason wrote:Also analogies of playing with fire and getting burned...or getting cocky and thinking we know more than others (pride)....and I've personally seen more trouble and trip-ups (apostasy) in this category than I've seen in the other that has been downtrodden over the previous series of posts.

I think it's pays to be very cautious...fwiw
I think it does, too. (Just like fixing a car, using electrical things, etc. It's not "do what you want and all will always be well." Life is dangerous.)

I don't know, I dare say many more people have left the church or otherwise been affected negatively because of the influence of Denver Snuffer, Julie Rowe, Rock, and lots more like them, than because of the influence of the entire "occult" combined. Maybe sometimes those that pursue knowledge in all its forms of their own volition, are better off than those that sit around looking for some man or woman to lead them because they're bored or don't understand or...?

Some love to research and understand other "more typical" but interesting and important things (like Jason's posts of 50 links of deep reading ;) ).

Others are drawn to curious things, out of curiosity and wonder at life and its all.

Like with all things you do in life--studying to be a lawyer, etc.--read the BoM, etc. to stay safe(r)! The big difference is the Spirit.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

Why do you think you got the gift of the holy ghost? USE IT, get out there and grow your spiritual gifts.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

zionminded wrote:Why do you think you got the gift of the holy ghost? USE IT, get out there and grow your spiritual gifts.
Doing it.

??

Oh, so anything not directly of the Holy Ghost is worthless? If so, having relations of any sort with billions of people is worthless, because they don't have the HG.

Studying anything other than your spiritual gifts is worthless?

Hmm... I seem to remember a whole bunch of scriptures--ancient and modern, and talks--old and new, that say otherwise.

And what if the HG tolds you to AP? Would you? (It's ok if you don't answer, I don't do hypotheticals myself.)

Do you work? Is your work the HG? Did the HG tell you to do it? Does the HG tell you to do it? Did the HG teach you everything you know?

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

JohnnyL wrote:
zionminded wrote:Why do you think you got the gift of the holy ghost? USE IT, get out there and grow your spiritual gifts.
Doing it.

??

Oh, so anything not directly of the Holy Ghost is worthless? If so, having relations of any sort with billions of people is worthless, because they don't have the HG.

Studying anything other than your spiritual gifts is worthless?

Hmm... I seem to remember a whole bunch of scriptures--ancient and modern, and talks--old and new, that say otherwise.

And what if the HG tolds you to AP? Would you? (It's ok if you don't answer, I don't do hypotheticals myself.)

Do you work? Is your work the HG? Did the HG tell you to do it? Does the HG tell you to do it? Did the HG teach you everything you know?
Yes I work, I'm a therapist. Without the HG (and the Lord) I am nothing. Nothing meaning I'm just left as the natural man, with temporal capacity.

The HG already tells me I can AP, but I don't call it that, that is a term reserved for novices and occult practicers. I call it prayer and meditation.

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

I'm comfortable calling all gifts spiritual.

Torquemada
captain of 100

Post by Torquemada »

As a child I naturally astral projected. I thought it was natural and never had any bad experiences because of it. It actually helped me to be closer to God. One day I told my father about it and he told me not to do it again. So I didn't.

As a teen I was plagued with demons attacking me and the night before my mission I awoke to find myself possessed by a number of demons. I was aware that they passed through the mattress and into my body through my back. I was not frightened but very angry, how dare they take my body!!!.. I was so angry that my hair stood straight up. I thought that only happened with the 3 Stooges. Innately I knew, I was more powerful and I summoned all of my power and called on Christ. They were gone before I finished uttering his Name. Never had a demon attack since.

From what I recall in childhood, I believe that we all project sometimes while dreaming and just not consciously aware.

I have some experience dealing with demons and a daughter that can clearly see and communicate with them. One needs to understand that they feed on our negative emotions. If we become frightened that just makes them all the more powerful. Also depending upon our level of resonance, if we are at a low level we attract them. But as we purify ourselves, demons cannot affect us as they have nothing to attach to. My wife went through a demonic attack (while working on a client) a week ago and they just couldn't get to her, she is totally immune.

My daughter however is not immune and since she can see them, she is like a candle in a room full of moths. They are fully aware when a child of God can see them and they attack. Priesthood blessings temporarily hold them off, but it is her unwillingness to purify herself that reinstates her problem. She has left the church and the first straw that broke her membership was written in the D&C J.Smith's great key on how to distinguish demons. He wrote that you cannot feel the hand of a demon and that is not true. Perhaps they have wised up in these latter days, but demons have left bite marks, cuts and bruises on her and she definitely can feel it. It requires a great deal of energy for one to manifest physically, so only the most powerful can accomplish this.

So is astral projection safe? Yes and No, it all depends on you. Like with drug addictions you don't know if that first hit will lead to your destruction. So, it's best not to do, unless you understand resonance. When you understand then you also may have access to the Akashic Records. Joseph Smith had access, though I know of nowhere where this is recorded.

I have a friend that went through an attempted possession by a living person astral projecting into him so he could have a sexual encounter with my friend's wife. It clearly can be used for evil. It is your body and nobody else has a right to it and that gives you power over any of them.

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

By resonance, are you talking about the attraction of good or bad spirits due to our emotional/mental state or personal worthiness?