megaopolisomancy

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
friendoldp
Hi, I'm new.

megaopolisomancy

Post by friendoldp »

I observe the temples and see a lot of occult or esoteric features.why?
:-?

isaacs2066
captain of 100

Re: megaopolisomancy

Post by isaacs2066 »

Well the pentagram and pentacle are the two most often pointed to by other christians who don't read much after they are taught the doctrine of cheap grace.

However, if they did any reading at all they would know that the pentagram wasn't adopted by occultists until at least five-ish years after the nauvoo temple was built.

It wasn't even adopted by satanists until the mid 1900s, mostly because satanists didn't really exist prior to then as a coherent movement.

Both of these symbols and many more now eschewed by christians have a very long history as christian symbols going back two thousand years.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

There's a topic on here somewhere by Sempiternal Harbinger on this subject matter, especially with the SLC Temple.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

There are suns (i.e. sunstones), moons, and stars on the Salt Lake Temple representing that that temple is the source of all divine spiritual light.

This is not occult, it's just symbolic. Religion use symbols to teach. Baptism = symbolic. Lord's Supper = symbolic, Temple = symbolic, etc.

The real question is not why does religion use symbols, but do those symbols teach true Christian principles.

KFarber
captain of 50

Post by KFarber »

It depends who is being taught and what their background happens to be in symbols.