My Experience with Denver Snuffer

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Jonesy
captain of 1,000

My Experience with Denver Snuffer

Post by Jonesy »

Is there anyone out there that was fully invested into getting re-baptized as Denver Snuffer suggested, and then decided to stay a member and distance oneself from him instead?

Well, that was my experience. I was ready for my excommunication. Then I saw the other side of it. I share for anyone out there to merely consider my experience, for whatever it's worth. I also invite you to share this with anyone who associates with him.

http://lightmuser.blogspot.com/2015/04/ ... uffer.html

UPDATE:

Looking back, I think I was a little overzealous in my efforts. I don't want in any way to condemn Denver Snuffer nor those associated with him. I still disagree with his path, but I do feel remorse in how hard I came across. I'm sorry for thinking that I know where he is in life or who I think he may be. That doesn't matter. I knew that before. I was trying to express why that path was not mine anymore. I'm sorry I condemned him and those associated. I wish him and everyone else the best.

Other suggested post:

https://ldsanarchy.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... -teachers/
Last edited by Jonesy on May 21st, 2016, 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Re: My Experience with Denver Snuffer

Post by Bee Prepared »

Jonesy1982 wrote:Is there anyone out there that was fully invested into getting re-baptized as Denver Snuffer suggested, and then decided to stay a member and distance oneself from him instead?

Well, that was my experience. I was ready for my excommunication. Then I saw the other side of it. I share for anyone out there to merely consider my experience, for whatever it's worth. I also invite you to share this with anyone who associates with him.

Thank-you for sharing " Jonesy," I never felt good about his writings.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

I'm reading his writings now, finally after so many people have encouraged me to do so.
I am seeing why the Spirit steered me clear of him. I am seeing several red flags.
Good on you for staying true and faithful to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

It looks like you have learned some powerful lessons through the journey you took.

I got rebaptized myself nearly a year before Denver said anything of it. I also partook of the sacrament with wine for the first time around the same time. I followed the Spirit in those things. I think Denver teaches a lot of truth but am troubled by those who seem to be idolizing him.

I do hope the good ship makes it to Zion with many of my LDS friends and family aboard. But I also hope that the Lord makes provision for those of us who are no longer on the ship. I believe he will. I followed the Spirit to get where I am.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

I learned what tyranny and "we are beyond reproach" smells like.

One of the most bothersome aspects about Denver is he seems to have a pretty serious problem with the Bible. It is almost as if he harbors contempt for it. This seems extremely odd to me.

LDS Dude
captain of 50

Post by LDS Dude »

Is that his real name: Denver Snuffer?

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They have not persuaded me.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Thank you for sharing your story.

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Post by theBruceGuy »

Steve Clark wrote:Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They have not persuaded me.
I agree with Steve, I am not persuaded either. But thanks for offering an opinion, even though it felt to me that this was part of what you had been requested to do by the Wife/Bishop/Family to appease the situation.

Each journey is individual, as long as we all get where we want to be going, it's all good.

whatever
captain of 50

Post by whatever »

Last edited by whatever on October 30th, 2017, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Jonesy1982 wrote:Is there anyone out there that was fully invested into getting re-baptized as Denver Snuffer suggested, and then decided to stay a member and distance oneself from him instead?

Thank you for sharing your blog post and experience. I know of others who have gone through similar experiences. You are not alone.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

How do you overlook a statement such as this:
Denver Snuffer Lecture 1 wrote:The Bible is something which the Book Mormon has absolutely nothing good thing to say about. It leads you into darkness. It takes away the covenants. It's part of making you blind. It's a big problem.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

"My Path Away From Denver Snuffer"

That's probably what Denver would have advised.

+1 for heeding.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

whatever wrote:
jwharton wrote:I learned what tyranny and "we are beyond reproach" smells like.

One of the most bothersome aspects about Denver is he seems to have a pretty serious problem with the Bible. It is almost as if he harbors contempt for it. This seems extremely odd to me.
I have not seen this to be the case. Do you have references to his blog or writings that prove this to be true?
In addition to the quote I shared above, he also said:

"First I want to read a passage from Job and misapply it, if you will."
"You know there is a line in Luke (I like to quote him when he fits)."

His manner of language seems to convey a sort of arrogance (at best) towards the Bible.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

ajax wrote:"My Path Away From Denver Snuffer"

That's probably what Denver would have advised.

+1 for heeding.
Also, if you read my blog post, I explain what I mean by "following Denver Snuffer".

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

jwharton wrote:How do you overlook a statement such as this:
Denver Snuffer Lecture 1 wrote:The Bible is something which the Book Mormon has absolutely nothing good thing to say about. It leads you into darkness. It takes away the covenants. It's part of making you blind. It's a big problem.
Why would I overlook it? Apparently Nephi held a similar opinion: ( In 1st Ne13)
24 And the angel of the Lord said unto me: Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God.
25 Wherefore, these things go forth from the Jews in purity unto the Gentiles, according to the truth which is in God.
26 And after they go forth by the hand of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, from the Jews unto the Gentiles, thou seest the formation of that great and abominable church, which is most abominable above all other churches; for behold, they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious; and also many covenants of the Lord have they taken away.
27 And all this have they done that they might pervert the right ways of the Lord, that they might blind the eyes and harden the hearts of the children of men.
28 Wherefore, thou seest that after the book hath gone forth through the hands of the great and abominable church, that there are many plain and precious things taken away from the book, which is the book of the Lamb of God.
29 And after these plain and precious things were taken away it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book, which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.
30 Nevertheless, thou beholdest that the Gentiles who have gone forth out of captivity, and have been lifted up by the power of God above all other nations, upon the face of the land which is choice above all other lands, which is the land that the Lord God hath covenanted with thy father that his seed should have for the land of their inheritance; wherefore, thou seest that the Lord God will not suffer that the Gentiles will utterly destroy the mixture of thy seed, which are among thy brethren.
As a convert to the LDS church, brought in by the Book of Mormon, Ikr always wondered why Mormons pay no attention to their own book.
Last edited by BringerOfJoy on April 15th, 2015, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

That's not the same opinion at all. Nephi spoke of things having been removed from the Bible and because they were missing many people stumbled. He is merely addressing parts taken from it, not bashing what remained.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

jwharton wrote:That's not the same opinion at all. Nephi spoke of things having been removed from the Bible and because they were missing many people stumbled. He is merely addressing parts taken from it, not bashing what remained.
Joseph Smith, Denver Snuffer, and myself were all brought into the church by James 1:5. I would hardly say we don't pay any attention to it. But the church isn't under condemnation for ignoring the Bible.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

BringerOfJoy wrote:
jwharton wrote:That's not the same opinion at all. Nephi spoke of things having been removed from the Bible and because they were missing many people stumbled. He is merely addressing parts taken from it, not bashing what remained.
Joseph Smith, Denver Snuffer, and myself were all brought into the church by James 1:5. I would hardly say we don't pay any attention to it. But the church isn't under condemnation for ignoring the Bible.
Of course, but the church doesn't have contempt and disregard for the Bible either.
If it did, I am certain it would be under condemnation for such.
There is in my view a level of contempt for the Bible in Denver's writings.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

It takes away the covenants...
In its purity, the bible had the fullness. The BoM is pure. It has the fullness. I agree that our condemnation is for ignoring the BoM and not the bible.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

marc wrote:
It takes away the covenants...
In its purity, the bible had the fullness. The BoM is pure. It has the fullness. I agree that our condemnation is for ignoring the BoM and not the bible.
Joseph Smith had no problems sharing the deepest and most significant of his understandings if people only limited him to preach them from the Bible.

Do a text search for Bible in the King Follett sermon and read just how confident Joseph was about the Bible.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1971/04/the- ... n?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

26 Behold ye are worse than they; for as the Lord liveth, if a prophet come among you and declareth unto you the word of the Lord, which testifieth of your sins and iniquities, ye are angry with him, and cast him out and seek all manner of ways to destroy him; yea, you will say that he is a false prophet, and that he is a sinner, and of the devil, because he testifieth that your deeds are evil.

27 But behold, if a man shall come among you and shall say: Do this, and there is no iniquity; do that and ye shall not suffer; yea, he will say: Walk after the pride of your own hearts; yea, walk after the pride of your eyes, and do whatsoever your heart desireth—and if a man shall come among you and say this, ye will receive him, and say that he is a prophet.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

25 And I exceedingly fear and tremble because of you, lest he shall suffer again; for behold, ye have accused him that he sought power and authority over you; but I know that he hath not sought for power nor authority over you, but he hath sought the glory of God, and your own eternal welfare.

26 And ye have murmured because he hath been plain unto you. Ye say that he hath used sharpness; ye say that he hath been angry with you; but behold, his sharpness was the sharpness of the power of the word of God, which was in him; and that which ye call anger was the truth, according to that which is in God, which he could not restrain, manifesting boldly concerning your iniquities.

27 And it must needs be that the power of God must be with him, even unto his commanding you that ye must obey. But behold, it was not he, but it was the Spirit of the Lord which was in him, which opened his mouth to utterance that he could not shut it.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

ajax wrote:25 And I exceedingly fear and tremble because of you, lest he shall suffer again; for behold, ye have accused him that he sought power and authority over you; but I know that he hath not sought for power nor authority over you, but he hath sought the glory of God, and your own eternal welfare.

26 And ye have murmured because he hath been plain unto you. Ye say that he hath used sharpness; ye say that he hath been angry with you; but behold, his sharpness was the sharpness of the power of the word of God, which was in him; and that which ye call anger was the truth, according to that which is in God, which he could not restrain, manifesting boldly concerning your iniquities.

27 And it must needs be that the power of God must be with him, even unto his commanding you that ye must obey. But behold, it was not he, but it was the Spirit of the Lord which was in him, which opened his mouth to utterance that he could not shut it.
I use to have fear for what Denver Snuffer said about those who questioned his authority or his role. I decided to disregard my fear of him and place my faith in God and let him be my judge in this regard. Wresting the scriptures for Denver Snuffer's behalf is not convincing for your position. I do not mean to condemn you, but I would appreciate the reciprocation.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

You guys (Gad & Ajax) talking about Jonesy? Because I never thought of him as a prophet, but you never know.