what is the name of the holy Ghost

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
joseph tam
captain of 10

what is the name of the holy Ghost

Post by joseph tam »

I was just wondering does any one know the name of the holy Ghost.

azalea.rubicon
captain of 50

Re: what is the name of the holy Ghost

Post by azalea.rubicon »

Do you?
If you know something or want to share something with us, please do. I always love topics like this.

joseph tam
captain of 10

Post by joseph tam »

Sorry But no that's why i am asking.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I don't believe any mortal knows the name of the Holy Ghost. It is not necessary for us to know it, either.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

The identity of the Holy Ghost is revealed in the endowment ceremony, among other places. This might help - Jeremy wrote an amazing article that helps clarify this. It's well worth the long read:

http://www.journeytothefullness.com/the ... endowment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

Many mortals know the name of the Holy Ghost but it is a name that is only revieled by God to those who qualify to receive the greater portion of the word (see Alma 12:9-11).
Last edited by investigator on December 23rd, 2014, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Names of the Holy Ghost

The best name, not even referenced in the article is, I believe: "The Spirit of the Lord."

2 Corinthians 3:17
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Helaman 4:24
24 And they saw that they had become weak, like unto their brethren, the Lamanites, and that the Spirit of the Lord did no more preserve them; yea, it had withdrawn from them because the Spirit of the Lord doth not dwell in unholy temples—

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

freedomforall wrote:Names of the Holy Ghost

The best name, not even referenced in the article is, I believe: "The Spirit of the Lord."

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

24 And they saw that they had become weak, like unto their brethren, the Lamanites, and that the Spirit of the Lord did no more preserve them; yea, it had withdrawn from them because the Spirit of the Lord doth not dwell in unholy temples—
Aren't the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of the Lord two different things? The Holy Ghost being the third member of the Godhead and the Spirit of the Lord being a term applied to the influence that emanates from God, through which God, Christ and the Holy Ghost can operate. In other words, light or the light of Christ. The influence that gives light and life to all things, through which the eyes are enlightened and through which the Spirit and the understanding of men (and women) can be quickened. Neither member of the Godhead can be in two separate places at the same time but it is through the Holy Spirit or Spirit of the Lord that all three members can operate and do many things at once (example: having a person in the United States praying for something and one in, lets say, China also praying for something and both feeling the Holy Ghost and/or receiving comfort or an answer to a question at the same time).

I would like to know if he has already experienced mortality. Or if he will ever experience mortality. Or if he will be sealed to someone and who that someone will be. Logic tells me that he must at one point either have experienced or will experience mortality and will have to be sealed to someone for eternity but I would just like to know.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

joseph tam wrote:I was just wondering does any one know the name of the holy Ghost.
What's your name?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

abelchirino wrote:
freedomforall wrote:Names of the Holy Ghost

Aren't the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of the Lord two different things? The Holy Ghost being the third member of the Godhead and the Spirit of the Lord being a term applied to the influence that emanates from God, through which God, Christ and the Holy Ghost can operate. In other words, light or the light of Christ. The influence that gives light and life to all things, through which the eyes are enlightened and through which the Spirit and the understanding of men (and women) can be quickened. Neither member of the Godhead can be in two separate places at the same time but it is through the Holy Spirit or Spirit of the Lord that all three members can operate and do many things at once (example: having a person in the United States praying for something and one in, lets say, China also praying for something and both feeling the Holy Ghost and/or receiving comfort or an answer to a question at the same time).

I would like to know if he has already experienced mortality. Or if he will ever experience mortality. Or if he will be sealed to someone and who that someone will be. Logic tells me that he must at one point either have experienced or will experience mortality and will have to be sealed to someone for eternity but I would just like to know.
There are three meanings to the term "Spirit of the Lord." 1. the actual spirit body of Christ, the same spirit body that appeared to the brother of Jared, the same Spirit body is is called the Firstborn of God. 2. He sometimes is referred to as the Spirit of Jesus Christ, or light of Christ. 3. It is a synonym for the Holy Ghost, a member of the Godhead.
How does one explain 2 Cor 3:17?

The Holy Ghost is the Holy Spirit of Promise. D&C 132:7

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

The Book of Abraham reveals the name of the Holy Ghost..

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

BrianM wrote:The Book of Abraham reveals the name of the Holy Ghost..
Is this the reference?

Abr 1:15,16
15 ...I lifted up my voice unto the Lord my God, and the Lord hearkened and heard, and he filled me with the vision of the Almighty, and the angel of his presence stood by me, and immediately unloosed my bands;
16 And his voice was unto me: Abraham, Abraham, behold, my name is Jehovah,

If so, I'm hard pressed to believe the Holy Ghost is Jehovah. It says angel of his presence, just like the brother of Jared was told:

Ether 3:16
16 Behold, this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh.

Jehovah and Jesus Christ are one in the same person...one in spirit the other in flesh, being Father and Son. See Mosiah 15:1-5

The Holy Ghost is yet another entity.

Holy Ghost https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/holy- ... g&letter=h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The third member of the Godhead and a personage of Spirit, not possessing a body of flesh and bones (D&C 130:22). The Holy Ghost has been manifest in every dispensation of the gospel since the beginning, being first made known to Adam (1 Ne. 10:17–22; Moses 6:51–68). The Holy Ghost is manifested to men on the earth both as the power of the Holy Ghost and as the gift of the Holy Ghost. The power can come upon one before baptism and is the convincing witness that the gospel is true. By the power of the Holy Ghost a person receives a testimony of Jesus Christ and of His work and the work of His servants upon the earth. The gift can come only after proper and authorized baptism and is conferred by the laying on of hands, as in Acts 8:12–25 and Moro. 2. The gift of the Holy Ghost is the right to have, whenever one is worthy, the companionship of the Holy Ghost. For those who receive this gift, the Holy Ghost acts as a cleansing agent to purify them and sanctify them from all sin. Thus it is often spoken of as “fire” (Matt. 3:11; 2 Ne. 31:17; D&C 19:31). The manifestation on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) was the gift of the Holy Ghost that came upon the Twelve, without which they were not ready for their ministries to the world.

For some reason not fully explained in the scriptures, the Holy Ghost did not operate in the fulness among the Jews during the years of Jesus’ mortal sojourn (John 7:39; 16:7). Statements to the effect that the Holy Ghost did not come until after Jesus was resurrected must of necessity refer to that particular dispensation only, for it is abundantly clear that the Holy Ghost was operative in earlier dispensations. Furthermore, it has reference only to the gift of the Holy Ghost not being present, since the power of the Holy Ghost was operative during the ministries of John the Baptist and Jesus; otherwise no one would have received a testimony of the truths that these men taught (Matt. 16:16–17; see also 1 Cor. 12:3). When a person speaks by the power of the Holy Ghost that same power carries a conviction of the truth unto the heart of the hearer (2 Ne. 33:1). The Holy Ghost knows all things (D&C 35:19) and can lead one to know of future events (2 Pet. 1:21).

Other names that sometimes refer to the Holy Ghost are Holy Spirit, Spirit of God, Spirit of the Lord, Comforter, and Spirit, and...

Holy Spirit of Promise
D&C 132:7

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

freedomforall wrote:
Is this the reference?
See Facsimile #2.7

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

BrianM wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Is this the reference?
See Facsimile #2.7
The "dove" is a sign that the Holy Ghost was given to Jesus.

Brigham Young:
JD 14:96 http://jod.mrm.org/14/96" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What was the result of obedience to the ordinance of baptism in the case of the Savior? The Holy Ghost, in the form of a dove, it is said, rested upon him. This is not exactly the fact, though a natural dove descended and rested on the head of the Lord Jesus, in witness that God had accepted the offering of his Son. But the dove was not the Holy Ghost, but the sign that the Holy Ghost was given to him.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

ajax wrote:
joseph tam wrote:I was just wondering does any one know the name of the holy Ghost.
What's your name?
Ajax has the clearest understanding here. Can any being or spirit come into this creation and administer that was, is, or shall not be a part of this creation? Can a Spirit Being be in a million places simultaneously? What does it mean to be a personage of spirit or a being without a body or not possessing a body of flesh and bones?

I will say it as simply as I can for all to hear... Beings who have passed the Millennial realm of past creations/worlds, who were Just Men, the Firstborn who were born in the morning of the first resurrection (actually Born Again), and having passed that realm have become light-bearers, Sons of the Morning, those whom now dwell in eternal burnings (fire), and have become Just Men made perfect. These beings, the Just Men made perfect are not resurrected but inherit that same glory (celestial). They have become the Elect, who it is said of, the Messiah shall not lose one of them who were given to him! They must administer here in the flesh to come to this world, but out of the flesh they administer as the Holy Ghosts by witnessing of the truth unto the spirits of men (women) in the flesh, and with cleansing fire and other manifestations.

These Just Men made perfect are not or do they have any part of administering as the Holy Spirit of Promise, nor are they the Spirit of the Lord, nor are they the Holy Spirit. Many times in canonized scriptures, spiritual beings have been mislabeled as other beings with different callings. Not that IF these beings, the Just Men made perfect do not prove likewise worthy, they shall go on to do like missions, receiving like callings and titles in future creations.

More could easily be said here, but I have found so few of individuals who are willing to receive such, it remains a mystery because of choice.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

As this is not LDS Doctrine, what is the religion / denomination you follow Kingdom of Zion?

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Re:

Post by Jeremy »

Sweet&Noble wrote:As this is not LDS Doctrine, what is the religion / denomination you follow Kingdom of Zion?
LDS doctrine typically concerns itself with the prepratory gospel as the fulness and the "doctrine" was removed a long time ago.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Kingdom of ZION wrote:
ajax wrote:
What's your name?
Ajax has the clearest understanding here. Can any being or spirit come into this creation and administer that was, is, or shall not be a part of this creation? Can a Spirit Being be in a million places simultaneously? What does it mean to be a personage of spirit or a being without a body or not possessing a body of flesh and bones?

I will say it as simply as I can for all to hear... Beings who have passed the Millennial realm of past creations/worlds, who were Just Men, the Firstborn who were born in the morning of the first resurrection (actually Born Again), and having passed that realm have become light-bearers, Sons of the Morning, those whom now dwell in eternal burnings (fire), and have become Just Men made perfect. These beings, the Just Men made perfect are not resurrected but inherit that same glory (celestial). They have become the Elect, who it is said of, the Messiah shall not lose one of them who were given to him! They must administer here in the flesh to come to this world, but out of the flesh they administer as the Holy Ghosts by witnessing of the truth unto the spirits of men (women) in the flesh, and with cleansing fire and other manifestations.

These Just Men made perfect are not or do they have any part of administering as the Holy Spirit of Promise, nor are they the Spirit of the Lord, nor are they the Holy Spirit. Many times in canonized scriptures, spiritual beings have been mislabeled as other beings with different callings. Not that IF these beings, the Just Men made perfect do not prove likewise worthy, they shall go on to do like missions, receiving like callings and titles in future creations.

More could easily be said here, but I have found so few of individuals who are willing to receive such, it remains a mystery because of choice.
So your saying the Holy Ghost is the dead members of the church of the first born?

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Ezra wrote:So your saying the Holy Ghost is the dead members of the church of the first born?
If you prefer to put it that way that's fine... Yes :)
Ghost's Plural as in those Beings who are Fourth Estate Beings whom are in the Spirit. There are five Archangels (Senior's/Third World or Creation), Noah, Moses, Elijah, Joseph Smith and Raphael. Then their is 144,000 Junior's or Second World or Creation Sons. And then their is Millions of Baby's or First World or Creation Sons.

Sweet&Noble wrote:As for Sweet&Noble who asked:
As this is not LDS Doctrine, what is the religion / denomination you follow Kingdom of Zion?
It has more then half of its foundation from Mormonism, but you are 100% right, it is not LDS doctrine.
I could show you where Joseph Smith came close to proclaiming openly that he was the one who stands in this creation in that Office (the Holy Ghost), but he said if he did that there were men seated behind him on the stand that would seek his life if he did so.

How do you think JS felt knowing that those whom were his Apostles would try to kill him for revealing truths that he knew were true and correct? Eventually it was such close associates that helped bring about his martyrdom, just as it did in the Messiah's day. Nothing new under the sun here! It will yet happen again.

Shalom

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

ajax wrote:What's your name?
In the endowment, what does the second token represent? What happens at this point? Is there a mighty change? What is the name of said token? Which "kingdom" are we in during this portion of the endowment ceremony?

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Jeremy wrote:
ajax wrote:What's your name?
In the endowment, what does the second token represent? What happens at this point? Is there a mighty change? What is the name of said token? Which "kingdom" are we in during this portion of the endowment ceremony?
It appears no one is going to answer your questions, so I will...

The Second Token is a way of shaking a follow servants hand and indicating what Estate you are in as well as receiving such information about the other person simultaneously.

What happens at this point of progression? It is the Second Estate or Telestial world or creation, like the world we are presently in.

There is no mighty change other than you receive a body in this realm and are allowed to taste the bitter and the sweet, and to choose which you prefer!

The Name of this Token is your Given Name or what has been called the Present Name.

And your last question, 'Which "kingdom" are we in during this portion of the endowment ceremony?' It plainly points to being in the Second Estate. That at this point of progression, only the lessor priesthood applies.

Shalom

P.S. for those whom get offended quickly, I will point out NO, Signs, actual Tokens, or Penalties were revealed here!

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

The Bible tells us that when the Savior gave his final instructions to his disciples, he promised that he would send them “the Comforter” (John 16:7). Earlier, he had taught them the mission of this comforter, which is otherwise referred to as the Holy Ghost, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the Lord, or simply the Spirit.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Bee Prepared wrote:The Bible tells us that when the Savior gave his final instructions to his disciples, he promised that he would send them “the Comforter” (John 16:7). Earlier, he had taught them the mission of this comforter, which is otherwise referred to as the Holy Ghost, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the Lord, or simply the Spirit.
This is fact. Any other doctrine is unacceptable.
Kingdom of ZION wrote:I could show you where Joseph Smith came close to proclaiming openly that he was the one who stands in this creation in that Office (the Holy Ghost),
And "close" is only good for the game of horse shoes, and hand grenades.

I have a book called "Discourses on the Holy Ghost, compiled by NB Lundwall. Within its pages are various accounts of who and what the Holy Ghost is.

Taken from the diary of George Laub we read this account by Joseph Smith, [spelling errors are left intact]:
By Joseph Smith April 20 1843 26

The Scripture say I and my father are one & again that the Father, Son, & Holy Ghost are one, 1 John 5 ch., 7 vers. But these three agree in the same thing & did the Saviour pray to the Father, I pray not for the world but those [w]home he gave me out of the world that we might be one, or to Say be of one mind in the unity of the faith.

But Every one being a diffrent or Seperate persons & so is God, & Jesus Christ & the Holy Ghost. Seperate persons. But they all agree in one or the self same thing. But the Holy Ghost is yet a Spiritual body and waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did or as God did or the gods before them took bodies. For the Saviour says the work that my Father did do I also & those are the works. He took himself as a body & then laid down his life that he might take it up again & the Scripture say those who will obey the commandments shall be heirs of God & Joint heirs with Jesus Christ. We then also took bodys to lay them down, to take them up again, & the Sperit itself bears witness with our spirits that we are the children of God & if children then heirs and Joint heirs with Jesus Christ if so be that we suffer with him in the flesh that we may be also glorified together. See Romans 8 ch., 16 & 17 Vers.

SEE: http://www.boap.org/LDS/Early-Saints/ge ... urnal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

freedomforall wrote:
Bee Prepared wrote:The Bible tells us that when the Savior gave his final instructions to his disciples, he promised that he would send them “the Comforter” (John 16:7). Earlier, he had taught them the mission of this comforter, which is otherwise referred to as the Holy Ghost, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the Lord, or simply the Spirit.
This is fact. Any other doctrine is unacceptable.

That is fine, you can interpret it any way you want. Everyone is everything... But I tell you of a truth, that IS NOT TRUE!
Kingdom of ZION wrote:I could show you where Joseph Smith came close to proclaiming openly that he was the one who stands in this creation in that Office (the Holy Ghost),
And "close" is only good for the game of horse shoes, and hand grenades.

I have a book called "Discourses on the Holy Ghost, compiled by NB Lundwall. Within its pages are various accounts of who and what the Holy Ghost is.

Taken from the diary of George Laub we read this account by Joseph Smith, [spelling errors are left intact]:
By Joseph Smith April 20 1843 26

The Scripture say I and my father are one & again that the Father, Son, & Holy Ghost are one, 1 John 5 ch., 7 vers. But these three agree in the same thing & did the Saviour pray to the Father, I pray not for the world but those [w]home he gave me out of the world that we might be one, or to Say be of one mind in the unity of the faith.

He did not pray for everyone, but for those whom G_d had foreordained through His foreknowledge that will one day be exalted as they are...

But Every one being a diffrent or Seperate persons & so is God, & Jesus Christ & the Holy Ghost. Seperate persons. But they all agree in one or the self same thing. But the Holy Ghost is yet a Spiritual body and waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did or as God did or the gods before them took bodies. For the Saviour says the work that my Father did do I also & those are the works. He took himself as a body & then laid down his life that he might take it up again & the Scripture say those who will obey the commandments shall be heirs of God & Joint heirs with Jesus Christ. We then also took bodys to lay them down, to take them up again, & the Sperit itself bears witness with our spirits that we are the children of God & if children then heirs and Joint heirs with Jesus Christ if so be that we suffer with him in the flesh that we may be also glorified together. See Romans 8 ch., 16 & 17 Vers.

I will try to make this as plain as possible for you: "But the Holy Ghost is yet a Spiritual body and waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did or as God did or the gods before them took bodies." What does the plain English in this statement mean? The Holy Ghost's, those whom the Messiah prayed for (the Just Men made perfect, whom at the end of this world shall not be resurrect but shall inherit that same glory!) are "waiting to take to himself (their selves) a body, as the Savior did or as God did or the gods before them took bodies." How did the Messiah and all the G_d's before Him take a body? They were sired by a G_d! They live a perfect life as a Messiah or Holy Anointed One, They were Crucified and laid their Body down, that they might pick it up again, they having obeyed the commandments shall be heirs of God & joint heirs with Jesus Christ. How? If so be that we suffer with (like) Him in the flesh that we may be also glorified together. Every G_d has the markings of G_d in the flesh... in their hand and in their feet!

Go to and try to get a revelation to the contrary as to this doctrine I am sharing here! For all the powers of heaven are on my side, and the kingdom of the adversary shall not stand against this one truth! This is the sum total of all creations, that the G_d's seek to have eternal increase though having joint heirs, by their children coming up and doing NOTHING BUT that which they have seen their Father's do! And what is that? To pay the price of sin through Blood Atonement for their own offspring, as every G_d before them has! Amon, and Amon.

SEE: http://www.boap.org/LDS/Early-Saints/ge ... urnal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

durangout
captain of 1,000

Re: Re:

Post by durangout »

Jeremy wrote:
Sweet&Noble wrote:As this is not LDS Doctrine, what is the religion / denomination you follow Kingdom of Zion?
LDS doctrine typically concerns itself with the prepratory gospel as the fulness and the "doctrine" was removed a long time ago.
For example?