Halloween is of the Occult.

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Zkulptor
captain of 100

Re: Halloween is of the Occult.

Post by Zkulptor »

kathyn wrote:zkulptor, I have seen Ray Villafane's work on tv....a couple of pumpkin-carrving competitions. He's fantastic.
Hi Kathyn,
Yes he is amazing! He used to make action figures like me, and now he is famous and rich lol.
Funny thing is I met him when he was extremely poor with 8 kids ( he was a K12 teacher) , the guy would sculpt on his night stand with a cord and a sheet hanging on it to divide his bed so his wife could sleep without the glare of the night stand's lamp light to bother her.
He told me that before his mother passed away that she promised him that once on the other side she would help him become a success...I guess it worked :)

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

BrentL wrote:My boys always have gone to our wards trunk or treat to show respect and follow LDS Church standards. Surely that is not too much to ask.

If we were true Christians we would not celebrate Halloween at all, not even with a truck or treat on holy ground at the church. We only do it because it is safer than what others do and because a wicked people demand it.

maybe another way to look at it would be to observe a higher law by not participating in this occult holiday.

We who know the truth should not lower ourselves to the world standards. As a youth I did not understand this but as an adult I know better.

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

gr8ideas wrote:How about the Olympics then? It is the worship of false gods according to the Deseret News.

did you see the Olympics this year. The opening and closing ceremonies were one complete Lucifer ritual. The NWO runs it as well.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:
coachmarc wrote:Semp, your research never fails to fascinate me! Anyway, I don't believe Christmas is evil. It has its pagan roots, as does Halloween. I'm not concerned about anyone turning into worshipers of false gods or satan himself. And don't get me started on the all American golden calf: television. @-)
Ditto what coach said. I had no idea that Christmas (or Halloween) pagan roots would have extended so far back. It sounds like Christmas paganism was rooted in fact/actual happenings at one point in time.

I suppose, as long as we know it's a story (Santa, Easter Bunny, etc.) and stay away from darkness on Halloween (gore, murder, etc.), the celebrations may be benign. I would really like to know Jesus' take on the appropriateness of it, though.
Thanks guys! Truth is there is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more and incredible stuff. I want to shout for joy as all this becomes clear to me. Unfortunately, some of this stuff can be frighting and disturbing to some. But such issues are only a problem for those who do not understand the origin and purpose of such practices or icons and the methodology that allows their adoption and adaptation as necessary or useful. When seen in the revelatory light of a proper view of history, there is no need for concern or anxiety at these measures.
Semp, this stuff is very interesting. Is this all documented on a website somewhere or did you just put it all together?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:-BD
triple777 wrote: If we were true Christians we would not celebrate Halloween at all, not even with a truck or treat on holy ground at the church. We only do it because it is safer than what others do and because a wicked people demand it.

maybe another way to look at it would be to observe a higher law by not participating in this occult holiday.

We who know the truth should not lower ourselves to the world standards. As a youth I did not understand this but as an adult I know better.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Rensai wrote:Semp, this stuff is very interesting. Is this all documented on a website somewhere or did you just put it all together?
I'm not Semp, but he and I agree and study all these same things (I have been for 20+ years). You may want to start with Anthony's site - http://www.mormonprophecy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I highly recommend taking his classes - you will not be sorry you did as they open up so many things and make clear even more!

Also excellent -

Talbott's site - http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Velikovsky - http://varchive.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thornhill - http://www.holoscience.com/wp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

Halloween as practiced today is not in keeping with the gospel of Jesus Christ. If it were a celebration of the LIfe of the Savior then I would join in, however, it is a celebration of satan and all that is evil. That is what it is today.

ask*seek*find
captain of 50

Post by ask*seek*find »

My kids vocally tell me that they hate that I hate Halloween. I really try not to say much about it. They can always tell that I go through the motions, and they say, "Why do you hate Halloween, Mom?"

I think it mostly has to do with money. I hate spending precious funds on frivolous things like costumes, and so often times the younger kids have to choose among costumes from clothes in the "dress up box." I also hate to shop, and so shopping for Halloween is also a waste of my precious time in my opinion. Now that my daughter can drive, she can at least help buy an accessory to something we don't have.

My kids have to choose wholesome costume. If they choose gory or creepy, they would have to find a way to buy it with their own money, get to the store themselves, and not wear it in our home.

And can I say how I hate the candy. And no, I don't divvy it out for them. I try to get them to eat it all and get sick and get over with it. No seriously, I have done it both ways...divvying the candy out and just letting them have at it. And then the wrappers that come off the candy, that seem to be so hard to make their way into the trashcan!!!

It is so interesting that right after Halloween, with all the extra sugar being pumped into everyone's system...flu season starts. That's the biggest reason I hate Halloween.

The next biggest reason is getting something for nothing. Knocking on the door begging!!! But I had fun as a child doing it so I continue allowing the tradition of the fathers/mothers to continue.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Rensai wrote:Semp, this stuff is very interesting. Is this all documented on a website somewhere or did you just put it all together?
Thanks! Glad you find it interesting. The above posts you are referring to I just threw together. Much of it is on my blog which is "out of order" for the time being. But I second what Stella Solaris posted.
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on September 19th, 2012, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

JohnnyL wrote:SempiternalHarbinger, all,

A few questions:
1. I guessed Saturn and Venus, but not Mars. So would Mars be where Enoch and Zion are, in this configuration and story?
2. Is there more about the pillar holding up Saturn? I'm much more interested in that than in Saturn...
3. Is the pillar imaginative, symbolic, energetic, or was there a real one of sorts?
4. If the people were trying to build a tower to the lower planet, it seems that would mean they would be building at the North Pole, which is currently ice and water--doesn't work. Unless you believe the North Pole tales, about land, or some kind of energy/ connection flowing from the hole up... Or unless there was a mountain there or such, that the tower was being built on? Perhaps, Mount Zerin?? :D
I don't have time right now to answer all your questions. I have already answered some of them in other posts but lets start with #2 and #3.

Nothing was holding up Saturn or any other planet for that matter. The pillar was not imaginative but energetic. It was a plasma discharge, an electrical force. So YES, it was real. This can be viewed as pure imagination, sci-fi, fantasy. The reason why we have such a hard time understanding this as well as the message of all ancient cultures is because the world and the heavens we see today are so dramatically different–and I emphasize DRAMATICALLY–than the one known by our forefathers. It also may seem far fetched because we have been told we live in empty, inactive space ruled by gravity. But this is just not so. Electricity rules the Universe. And with this understanding it changes everything as well as brings understanding and light of the Heavens of old as well as the Heavens of the future.

We have now discovered a force a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 duodecillion times stronger than gravity. Another way of putting it would be a thousand billion, billion, billion, billion times stronger than gravity. =10^39. That’s 1 with 39 zeros after it. (The electric Coulomb's law)

Electricity is the ONLY power capable of creating the prodigeous displays the ancients saw and heard. Such things are not possible in a gravity-only universe.
Imagine the Aurora lights multiplied by billions. Thus your pillars, ladders, mountains, ect...

Many of the displays these plasma discharges generated are rightfully depicted and designed on our modern day temples. It also is the key in understanding the language of the prophets. Language of the prophets= Metaphors, Iconography, Imagery, symbols. Joseph Smith and many of the early brethren understood the language of the prophets because they spoke it. Thus the reason why Joseph Smith said the book of revelation is one of the plainest books to understand. And the only way to truly understand the symbols and images the prophets used is to find their true origins (cosmic). Once one understands the origins (cosmic)the light literally turns on and a whole new understanding comes with it. Because of the gravity based universe we know little if anything of the origins of Imagery and symbols the prophets used. (False traditions)

As Stella Solaris said, "The scriptures take on a whole new meaning, as does prophecy, and a hundred other topics. Soooo much misunderstanding and false beliefs go right out the door and things become plain."

Why is Imagery of prophecy so similar to ancient myths around the world? Because there origins are one and the same. It was the earths ancient heavens that gave rise to all ancient imagery originated. It is the source of all the symbols employed by ancient prophets and cultures. So incredible and real it was to ancient cultures that they depicted and worshiped them as their Gods. But it was not only a pillar, it also produced many other phenomenals. They even gave them names... Mountain of the lord, Mt. Moriah, Mount Zion, Jacob's ladder ect... An example is the Greeks believed that twelve most important gods and goddesses lived at the top (planet) of Mount Olympus (plasma discharge). Mount Olympus was image of a mountain. A sacred mountain that reached literally to the throne of God. (SATURN, which stood in close proximity to earth was literally referred to the throne of god..)

Here are a few images used in prophecy employed by the prophets....MOUNTAINS .. PILLARS .. LADDERS .. BABEL TOWER .. ALTAR .. KINGS.. APEX .. STARS .. LIGHTNING .. CHRISTMAS TREES .. SWORDS .. HIGHWAYS .. PHALLUS .. LINGAM .. TONGUE .. ANGEL .. CROSS .. SWASTIKA .. PYTHON .. URAEUS .. SERPENT .. CADUCEUS .. SHIPS .. MOON .. HORNS .. BULL .. COW .. ARK OF COVENANT .. CAULDRON .. CAVE .. WELL .. FISH .. YONI .. MONS VENERIS .. TRIANGLE .. TWINS .. WHEELS .. OMPHALOS .. EYES .. OWLS .. HORSESHOE .. ENTRAILS .. CHAOS .. HAIR .. THRONES .. DRAGONS .. ECT.......

All the images used by prophets as well as ancient cultures were plasma discharges seen in close proximity to earth. Many of them are associated with planets. Ancient cultures worshiped them, gave them names. One example of many is the Greek god Kronos, which was in fact the planet Saturn. The goddess Aphrodite was one of many names given to the planet Venus. Not only did they worship them but they feared them, they were responsible for all the major catastrophic events. The Exodus is one example. The planet Venus was responsible for both the miracles and disasters of the Exodus.

Think for a moment...Why did John the Revelator use pagan images of the past to describe future events? The four beast John describes had been around long before him. Why did the Savior, Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel use pagan images?

I believe this is one of the most crucial keys to understand prophecy, it was revealed in this dispensation when Joseph Smith spoke on the subject of scriptural imagery. This quote will aid everyone when trying to understand John the Revelator, Ezekiel and Daniel. The four beast are also found in two of the Book of Abraham Papyri.. :-?

“The prophets do not declare that they saw a beast or beasts, but that they saw the image or figure of a beast. Daniel did not see an actual bear or a lion, but the images or figures of those beasts. The translation should have been rendered ‘image’ instead of ‘beast,’ in every instance where beasts are mentioned by the prophets.” (History of the Church, p. 343.)

Joseph’s use of the term “image” makes his meaning clear. Similar terms used by today’s scholars are “icon,” or “symbol.” In this context, all three words mean the same thing.

Drawing on Joseph’s statement, we can infer that all these are meant to convey meaning and not depict real creatures, individuals or objects. “When the prophets speak of seeing beasts in their visions, they mean that they saw the images, they being types to represent certain things.” (History of the Church, p. 343.) When one considers that “images” were the very things that the ancients venerated. When we look at Hebrew, Egyptian, Roman, Greek or Babylonian religious art, we are confronted by nothing but images and symbols. They are everywhere in ancient cultures, overwhelming and mysterious.

Here is John the Revelator;

"And … in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle." (Revelation 4:6, 7.)

Four Beast... Now here is Ezekiel who too saw four creatures in a similar setting.

"As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle." (Ezekiel 1:10.)

The only difference between the two is John listed a calf where Ezekiel named an ox. And the incredible thing is these four beast figure prominently in all religions and ancient cultures. Whats even more interesting is the fact that these same four creatures are also found in the Pearl of Great Price. Two of the facsimiles copied from the Joseph Smith papyri show these same four canopic figures, described as four "idolatrous gods."

No doubt in my mind that the "images" are in fact celestial objects. Planets, plasma discharges, suggesting that these four also represent celestial objects.

How bout this...

The Prophet mentioned Daniel’s vision of a four-headed beast. One looked like a lion, another a bear and the third a leopard. The fourth he described as a “dreadful and terrible,” beast with ten heads.

John apparently described seeing the same beast, although his description varies slightly from Daniel’s. “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.” (Revelation 13:1.)

Further, John also described seeing aspects of the leopard, bear and lion in his beast. (Revelation 13:2.)

This suggests that they were describing the same images.

And John added this peculiar detail: “And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.” (Revelation 13:3.)

Astoundingly, this beast—wounded head and all—was depicted in Mesopotamian cylinder seal art hundreds of years before John and Daniel described seeing them in vision.

Here we see the Babylonian dragon Tiamat, clearly the archetype of John’s and Daniel’s beast, doing battle with Marduk. Note that this illustration predates John and Daniel, meaning that these were not borrowed from the Hebrew prophets.

Another example of this link of ancient imagery with prophetic imagery is found in Ezekiel, Revelation and the Pearl of Great Price.

Ezekiel also saw a creature with four heads, listed as that of a man, a lion, an ox and an eagle. (Ezekiel 1:10.) John listed the four as well as a man, a lion, a calf and an eagle. (Revelation 4:6, 7.)

Most stunning of all to Latter-day Saints is that these same four “beasts” can be seen in Facsimile No. 1 in the Pearl of Great Price, where Joseph describes them as “idolatrous gods.”

This image is from the Book of the Dead of Heruben, Egyptian Gods and the serpent or plasma discharge / birkeland current? the 4 pillars holding up the heavens?

Here is a image of Tiamat, the Babylonian creation goddess.

Notice feet, hands, head. (how can you miss it.)
Some beasts of prophecy are virtually identical to the four images on Egyptian funerary jars, seen here beneath the couch.

We tend to think of scriptural imagery as unique, something completely separate and apart from that of other cultures and religions. But the above examples, and many more like them, amply demonstrate that this is not so.

The prophets’ sacred imagery drew its symbolism from the same sources as the idolatrous imagery of the pagans, hence the conspicuous similarities between mythological imagery and scriptural imagery.

As it turns out, we have been repeatedly exposed to these images. We simply failed to recognize them in the scriptures because our mindset told us they were images of things from the future, not the past.

Thus, we see that while the visions of the prophets may have been about the future, the imagery they employed was already ancient in their day.
So it is that we must first look backward in time to learn the meaning of those ancient symbols before we can properly attempt to interpret their use in visions of future events.

This is likely what Peter meant when he wrote, “We have also a more sure word of prophecy ….” (2 Peter 1:19.) That is to say, the images of prophecy were well established and understood in his day. Then, for clarity, he added, “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.” (2 Peter 1:20.) In other words, guessing—the preferred method of modern interpreters—is out. Of course, to know the meaning of these symbols, “…they being types to represent certain things,” we must learn their source and what they meant to those who held them sacred. -Anthony Larson
Lot of info i know. Line upon Line. We progress in degrees. The more time one spends the more that becomes clear.

Here is a good one you might like JohnnyL from Anthony Larson... titled...The Polar Configuration and Joseph Smith... It is an incredible read which and will give greater meaning and understanding on many things i discussed above.

http://mormonprophecy.blogspot.com/2008 ... smith.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got to run......
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on September 19th, 2012, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Stella Solaris wrote:
I'm not Semp, but he and I agree and study all these same things (I have been for 20+ years). You may want to start with Anthony's site - http://www.mormonprophecy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I highly recommend taking his classes - you will not be sorry you did as they open up so many things and make clear even more!

Also excellent -

Talbott's site - http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Velikovsky - http://varchive.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thornhill - http://www.holoscience.com/wp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am thrilled to see that Anthony has started to blog again. His new blog on Nephite parallels is great.
http://www.mormonprophecy.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was very disappointed when He kind of lost hope and withdrew because the material was not getting the attention he felt it deserved. I can understand that frustration from someone who has devoted so much time and effort to truths that seem to be hidden in plain site. However there is a danger in that IMO.

Anthony so badly wanted his research to become mainstream and have an impact on the way LDS looked at the gospel. Because it did not catch on he seemed to lose hope and kind of decided to take his ball and go home. I may be to critical here on him for doing so and if so I apologise. I just think that if we have truth to share it should not matter whether or not we gain recognition or the praise of men. We should just continue to share these truths we have found regardless of the amount of recognition we might get from it. If even just a few people are effected by what truths are revealed that should be payment enough.

On his forum he had many who learned these wonderful insights but at times became critical of membership at large because they did not seem to appreciate what these truths could do for their gospel understanding. This can become very relevent in a forum like this one as well where secret combinations are discussed and understandings or lack thereof from other members are lamented.That is another adversarial trap to get us thinking that we have elevated ourselves above others and the pride thing starts to kick into high gear.

We can become a bit like the Zoramites looking down our noses at the masses pitying them and thinking that they are just not as smart as we are. It is always a challenge when greater light and knowledge comes to us. I have seen many a Saint who succumbed to prideful comparisons with other Saints because they gained greater light than did some others. It is always a danger where charity must prevail.

Enough of my blabbering. If I have been to hard on Anthony I once again apologise. I have been grateful for the research he put into all this and wish him only the best.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Mark wrote:I am thrilled to see that Anthony has started to blog again. His new blog on Nephite parallels is great.
http://www.mormonprophecy.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was very disappointed when He kind of lost hope and withdrew because the material was not getting the attention he felt it deserved. I can understand that frustration from someone who has devoted so much time and effort to truths that seem to be hidden in plain site. However there is a danger in that IMO.

Anthony so badly wanted his research to become mainstream and have an impact on the way LDS looked at the gospel. Because it did not catch on he seemed to lose hope and kind of decided to take his ball and go home. I may be to critical here on him for doing so and if so I apologise. I just think that if we have truth to share it should not matter whether or not we gain recognition or the praise of men. We should just continue to share these truths we have found regardless of the amount of recognition we might get from it. If even just a few people are effected by what truths are revealed that should be payment enough.

On his forum he had many who learned these wonderful insights but at times became critical of membership at large because they did not seem to appreciate what these truths could do for their gospel understanding. This can become very relevent in a forum like this one as well where secret combinations are discussed and understandings or lack thereof from other members are lamented.That is another adversarial trap to get us thinking that we have elevated ourselves above others and the pride thing starts to kick into high gear.

We can become a bit like the Zoramites looking down our noses at the masses pitying them and thinking that they are just not as smart as we are. It is always a challenge when greater light and knowledge comes to us. I have seen many a Saint who succumbed to prideful comparisons with other Saints because they gained greater light than did some others. It is always a danger where charity must prevail.

Enough of my blabbering. If I have been to hard on Anthony I once again apologise. I have been grateful for the research he put into all this and wish him only the best.
I agree with your sentiment Mark and think you are spot on. I also don't think you have been to hard on Anthony. I have time and again spoken very highly of Anthony, I believe he is one of the best scholars in church history, but one problem I see, fair or unfair, is that he is the only one who teaches these things. Instead of discussing these things and getting different perspectives and opinions most just refer those questions to his website and classes as if he is the only one qualified to answer them. Yes, he is the most qualified but not the only one. And he is the only one who has written any books or has ant outlet for these things. Hopefully in the future there will be more outlets expounding on these truths. And I totally agree about sharing the truth without receiving recognition. I also understand Anthony's frustration but will not partake in being critical of members of the church. We live in the last days, and one exciting thing is we live in restoration. Restoration of all truths. It's so exciting to witness the truth being restored during my lifetime. Just the discoveries that have been made in the past few years, especially when it come to the plasma cosmology, plasma physics and the works of Anthony Peratt are truly mind blowing . Whats fascinating about all these discoveries is it shows over the years Anthony Larson has been spot on and WAY ahead of his time. In his first couple books he makes many assumptions.. Well they are no longer assumptions but indisputable facts. He was talking about the role of electricity in ancient cultures 20 years before the electric universe hypothesis came about.

Anthony will always be the leading expert pertaining these things and does deserve recognition, I mean he was studying these things before I was even born, but there has to be more outlets and until this happens IMO it will not become mainstream in the church. We need more than one expert, we need as many as possible. Word of mouth is great, but there has to be more. There are so many different departments and we need all the experts we can get because there is still so many discoveries to be made. Archaeology... Astronomy... Plasma Cosmology... Plasma Physics... Ancient Mythology... Electrical Engineering... Radio Engineering... Astrophysicist... ect.. though all independent departments, they all bring light and truth to each other as well support each other like a interwoven web. It also bring to light many important gospel truths. In particular, Temple symbolism, prophecy, and the understanding and vision of were we have been and where we are going.

Enough of my blabbering.

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

Mark wrote:I am thrilled to see that Anthony has started to blog again. His new blog on Nephite parallels is great.

I agree with your sentiment Mark and think you are spot on. I also don't think you have been to hard on Anthony. I have time and again spoken very highly of Anthony, I believe he is one of the best scholars in church history, but one problem I see, fair or unfair, is that he is the only one who teaches these things. Instead of discussing these things and getting different perspectives and opinions most just refer those questions to his website and classes as if he is the only one qualified to answer them. Yes, he is the most qualified but not the only one. And he is the only one who has written any books or has ant outlet for these things. Hopefully in the future there will be more outlets expounding on these truths. And I totally agree about sharing the truth without receiving recognition. I also understand Anthony's frustration but will not partake in being critical of members of the church. We live in the last days, and one exciting thing is we live in restoration. Restoration of all truths. It's so exciting to witness the truth being restored during my lifetime. Just the discoveries that have been made in the past few years, especially when it come to the plasma cosmology, plasma physics and the works of Anthony Peratt are truly mind blowing . Whats fascinating about all these discoveries is it shows over the years Anthony Larson has been spot on and WAY ahead of his time. In his first couple books he makes many assumptions.. Well they are no longer assumptions but indisputable facts. He was talking about the role of electricity in ancient cultures 20 years before the electric universe hypothesis came about.

Anthony will always be the leading expert pertaining these things and does deserve recognition, I mean he was studying these things before I was even born, but there has to be more outlets and until this happens IMO it will not become mainstream in the church. We need more than one expert, we need as many as possible. Word of mouth is great, but there has to be more. There are so many different departments and we need all the experts we can get because there is still so many discoveries to be made. Archaeology... Astronomy... Plasma Cosmology... Plasma Physics... Ancient Mythology... Electrical Engineering... Radio Engineering... Astrophysicist... ect.. though all independent departments, they all bring light and truth to each other as well support each other like a interwoven web. It also bring to light many important gospel truths. In particular, Temple symbolism, prophecy, and the understanding and vision of were we have been and where we are going.

Enough of my blabbering.
No no, I enjoy your blabbering! :ymapplause:

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

I agree as well, Mark. I've known Anthony for many years and I love him as a good friend - but your analysis is exactly right. It's the only fault I've found in him - well, that, and he likes to eat while talking, but none of us are perfect. :p

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Ok, I should have said this earlier: I really do appreciate these posts. A lot of time and info put up, thank you SH and SS. I relish in these things, frankly.

Any more info on #4? How does an energetic flux of plasma become a mountain?

There is a lot of "weird science" out there, especially from the past. A lot of "weird happenings", "weird beings", "weird knowledge", "weird stuff", etc. A lot of weird history, too. And it just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Nexus, Fortean, etc. are great reads, much better than most of the mainstream/ N.G. TV crap (though there is some really good stuff once in a while).

From what I've read of this material, there seem to be a few jumps/ glitches/ parallelisms but not necessarily connections. Perhaps related, perhaps not--time will hopefully tell. What I see it clearly does is explain a lot about (plasma) symbols all over the earth in different societies, for example. And some tales. AND I'm sure if I studied more, I'd find more answers to these, and my other questions, already answered.

I'd like to know, especially if you feel these things are key, HOW have these particular things helped your gospel knowledge/ understanding increase, specifically?

(This might be a good question for all of us, related to conspiracies/ SC's also.)
Last edited by JohnnyL on September 19th, 2012, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

JohnnyL wrote:I'd like to know, especially if you feel these things are key, HOW have these particular things helped your gospel knowledge/ understanding increase, specifically?
Well, just one way it has helped is having an accurate understanding of last days prophecies and how things will play out before the 2nd Coming. Another very important 'help' is scriptures such as Daniel, Isaiah, Revelation all make sense now, whereas before, they didn't. No mental gymnastics needed - it's all made plain. The nature of God, how he works, temple symbolism, history, the earth, customs, etc... there really isn't any aspect of our lives, let alone the gospel, that isn't positively affected by a correct understanding of the prophetic tradition / ancient cosmology (i.e. what Joseph Smith believed and taught). My testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ has done nothing but grow and solidify with this understanding. I highly recommend taking the time and making the effort to learn it from the basics up.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Stella Solaris wrote:I agree as well, Mark. I've known Anthony for many years and I love him as a good friend - but your analysis is exactly right. It's the only fault I've found in him - well, that, and he likes to eat while talking, but none of us are perfect. :p

I will say this. Based on the posts here from Semp and Stella concerning the electric universe and the role of planetary catastrophism etc in relation to latter day prophesy I would say Anthony Larson has been a smashing success and should be proud (in a good way) of the greater light and knowledge that many have gained from him in this subject.

eric
captain of 100

Post by eric »

JohnnyL wrote:SempiternalHarbinger, all,

A few questions:
1. I guessed Saturn and Venus, but not Mars. So would Mars be where Enoch and Zion are, in this configuration and story?
2. Is there more about the pillar holding up Saturn? I'm much more interested in that than in Saturn...
3. Is the pillar imaginative, symbolic, energetic, or was there a real one of sorts?
4. If the people were trying to build a tower to the lower planet, it seems that would mean they would be building at the North Pole, which is currently ice and water--doesn't work. Unless you believe the North Pole tales, about land, or some kind of energy/ connection flowing from the hole up... Or unless there was a mountain there or such, that the tower was being built on? Perhaps, Mount Zerin?? :D
I don't have time right now to answer all your questions. I have already answered some of them in other posts but lets start with #2 and #3.

Nothing was holding up Saturn or any other planet for that matter. The pillar was not imaginative but energetic. It was a plasma discharge, an electrical force. So YES, it was real. This can be viewed as pure imagination, sci-fi, fantasy. The reason why we have such a hard time understanding this as well as the message of all ancient cultures is because the world and the heavens we see today are so dramatically different–and I emphasize DRAMATICALLY–than the one known by our forefathers. It also may seem far fetched because we have been told we live in empty, inactive space ruled by gravity. But this is just not so. Electricity rules the Universe. And with this understanding it changes everything as well as brings understanding and light of the Heavens of old as well as the Heavens of the future.

We have now discovered a force a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 duodecillion times stronger than gravity. Another way of putting it would be a thousand billion, billion, billion, billion times stronger than gravity. =10^39. That’s 1 with 39 zeros after it. (The electric Coulomb's law)

Electricity is the ONLY power capable of creating the prodigeous displays the ancients saw and heard. Such things are not possible in a gravity-only universe.
Imagine the Aurora lights multiplied by billions. Thus your pillars, ladders, mountains, ect...

Many of the displays these plasma discharges generated are rightfully depicted and designed on our modern day temples. It also is the key in understanding the language of the prophets. Language of the prophets= Metaphors, Iconography, Imagery, symbols. Joseph Smith and many of the early brethren understood the language of the prophets because they spoke it. Thus the reason why Joseph Smith said the book of revelation is one of the plainest books to understand. And the only way to truly understand the symbols and images the prophets used is to find their true origins (cosmic). Once one understands the origins (cosmic)the light literally turns on and a whole new understanding comes with it. Because of the gravity based universe we know little if anything of the origins of Imagery and symbols the prophets used. (False traditions)

As Stella Solaris said, "The scriptures take on a whole new meaning, as does prophecy, and a hundred other topics. Soooo much misunderstanding and false beliefs go right out the door and things become plain."

Why is Imagery of prophecy so similar to ancient myths around the world? Because there origins are one and the same. It was the earths ancient heavens that gave rise to all ancient imagery originated. It is the source of all the symbols employed by ancient prophets and cultures. So incredible and real it was to ancient cultures that they depicted and worshiped them as their Gods. But it was not only a pillar, it also produced many other phenomenals. They even gave them names... Mountain of the lord, Mt. Moriah, Mount Zion, Jacob's ladder ect... An example is the Greeks believed that twelve most important gods and goddesses lived at the top (planet) of Mount Olympus (plasma discharge). Mount Olympus was image of a mountain. A sacred mountain that reached literally to the throne of God. (SATURN, which stood in close proximity to earth was literally referred to the throne of god..)

Here are a few images used in prophecy employed by the prophets....MOUNTAINS .. PILLARS .. LADDERS .. BABEL TOWER .. ALTAR .. KINGS.. APEX .. STARS .. LIGHTNING .. CHRISTMAS TREES .. SWORDS .. HIGHWAYS .. PHALLUS .. LINGAM .. TONGUE .. ANGEL .. CROSS .. SWASTIKA .. PYTHON .. URAEUS .. SERPENT .. CADUCEUS .. SHIPS .. MOON .. HORNS .. BULL .. COW .. ARK OF COVENANT .. CAULDRON .. CAVE .. WELL .. FISH .. YONI .. MONS VENERIS .. TRIANGLE .. TWINS .. WHEELS .. OMPHALOS .. EYES .. OWLS .. HORSESHOE .. ENTRAILS .. CHAOS .. HAIR .. THRONES .. DRAGONS .. ECT.......

All the images used by prophets as well as ancient cultures were plasma discharges seen in close proximity to earth. Many of them are associated with planets. Ancient cultures worshiped them, gave them names. One example of many is the Greek god Kronos, which was in fact the planet Saturn. The goddess Aphrodite was one of many names given to the planet Venus. Not only did they worship them but they feared them, they were responsible for all the major catastrophic events. The Exodus is one example. The planet Venus was responsible for both the miracles and disasters of the Exodus.

Think for a moment...Why did John the Revelator use pagan images of the past to describe future events? The four beast John describes had been around long before him. Why did the Savior, Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel use pagan images?

I believe this is one of the most crucial keys to understand prophecy, it was revealed in this dispensation when Joseph Smith spoke on the subject of scriptural imagery. This quote will aid everyone when trying to understand John the Revelator, Ezekiel and Daniel. The four beast are also found in two of the Book of Abraham Papyri.. :-?

“The prophets do not declare that they saw a beast or beasts, but that they saw the image or figure of a beast. Daniel did not see an actual bear or a lion, but the images or figures of those beasts. The translation should have been rendered ‘image’ instead of ‘beast,’ in every instance where beasts are mentioned by the prophets.” (History of the Church, p. 343.)

Joseph’s use of the term “image” makes his meaning clear. Similar terms used by today’s scholars are “icon,” or “symbol.” In this context, all three words mean the same thing.

Drawing on Joseph’s statement, we can infer that all these are meant to convey meaning and not depict real creatures, individuals or objects. “When the prophets speak of seeing beasts in their visions, they mean that they saw the images, they being types to represent certain things.” (History of the Church, p. 343.) When one considers that “images” were the very things that the ancients venerated. When we look at Hebrew, Egyptian, Roman, Greek or Babylonian religious art, we are confronted by nothing but images and symbols. They are everywhere in ancient cultures, overwhelming and mysterious.

Here is John the Revelator;

"And … in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle." (Revelation 4:6, 7.)

Four Beast... Now here is Ezekiel who too saw four creatures in a similar setting.

"As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle." (Ezekiel 1:10.)

The only difference between the two is John listed a calf where Ezekiel named an ox. And the incredible thing is these four beast figure prominently in all religions and ancient cultures. Whats even more interesting is the fact that these same four creatures are also found in the Pearl of Great Price. Two of the facsimiles copied from the Joseph Smith papyri show these same four canopic figures, described as four "idolatrous gods."

No doubt in my mind that the "images" are in fact celestial objects. Planets, plasma discharges, suggesting that these four also represent celestial objects.

How bout this...

The Prophet mentioned Daniel’s vision of a four-headed beast. One looked like a lion, another a bear and the third a leopard. The fourth he described as a “dreadful and terrible,” beast with ten heads.

John apparently described seeing the same beast, although his description varies slightly from Daniel’s. “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.” (Revelation 13:1.)

Further, John also described seeing aspects of the leopard, bear and lion in his beast. (Revelation 13:2.)

This suggests that they were describing the same images.

And John added this peculiar detail: “And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.” (Revelation 13:3.)

Astoundingly, this beast—wounded head and all—was depicted in Mesopotamian cylinder seal art hundreds of years before John and Daniel described seeing them in vision.

Here we see the Babylonian dragon Tiamat, clearly the archetype of John’s and Daniel’s beast, doing battle with Marduk. Note that this illustration predates John and Daniel, meaning that these were not borrowed from the Hebrew prophets.

Another example of this link of ancient imagery with prophetic imagery is found in Ezekiel, Revelation and the Pearl of Great Price.

Ezekiel also saw a creature with four heads, listed as that of a man, a lion, an ox and an eagle. (Ezekiel 1:10.) John listed the four as well as a man, a lion, a calf and an eagle. (Revelation 4:6, 7.)

Most stunning of all to Latter-day Saints is that these same four “beasts” can be seen in Facsimile No. 1 in the Pearl of Great Price, where Joseph describes them as “idolatrous gods.”

This image is from the Book of the Dead of Heruben, Egyptian Gods and the serpent or plasma discharge / birkeland current? the 4 pillars holding up the heavens?

Here is a image of Tiamat, the Babylonian creation goddess.

Notice feet, hands, head. (how can you miss it.)
Some beasts of prophecy are virtually identical to the four images on Egyptian funerary jars, seen here beneath the couch.

We tend to think of scriptural imagery as unique, something completely separate and apart from that of other cultures and religions. But the above examples, and many more like them, amply demonstrate that this is not so.

The prophets’ sacred imagery drew its symbolism from the same sources as the idolatrous imagery of the pagans, hence the conspicuous similarities between mythological imagery and scriptural imagery.

As it turns out, we have been repeatedly exposed to these images. We simply failed to recognize them in the scriptures because our mindset told us they were images of things from the future, not the past.

Thus, we see that while the visions of the prophets may have been about the future, the imagery they employed was already ancient in their day.
So it is that we must first look backward in time to learn the meaning of those ancient symbols before we can properly attempt to interpret their use in visions of future events.

This is likely what Peter meant when he wrote, “We have also a more sure word of prophecy ….” (2 Peter 1:19.) That is to say, the images of prophecy were well established and understood in his day. Then, for clarity, he added, “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.” (2 Peter 1:20.) In other words, guessing—the preferred method of modern interpreters—is out. Of course, to know the meaning of these symbols, “…they being types to represent certain things,” we must learn their source and what they meant to those who held them sacred. -Anthony Larson
Lot of info i know. Line upon Line. We progress in degrees. The more time one spends the more that becomes clear.

Here is a good one you might like JohnnyL from Anthony Larson... titled...The Polar Configuration and Joseph Smith... It is an incredible read which and will give greater meaning and understanding on many things i discussed above.

http://mormonprophecy.blogspot.com/2008 ... smith.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got to run......
Wow - excellent stuff. Anthony is a great guy! Thanks for sharing. :ymapplause:

kshRox
captain of 10

Post by kshRox »

SARAH Ward wrote:I can already envision the flippant replies to this topic from those who excuse it's practice as "worldly fun" which they themselves are attracted to. It is however my strong conviction that Halloween is of the occult and cannot in any way be compatible with true Christian faith, nor should Halloween be entertained, entered into, nor celebrated in any way by a professing Christian.

Occult Affiliation
Church members should not engage in any form of Satan worship or affiliate in any way with the occult. “Such activities are among the works of darkness spoken of in the scriptures. They are designed to destroy one’s faith in Christ, and will jeopardize the salvation of those who knowingly promote this wickedness. These things should not be pursued as games, be topics in Church meetings, or be delved into in private, personal conversations” (First Presidency letter, Sept. 18, 1991). http://www.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2- ... s/21.4#214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By your logic, Christmas is of the occult.
The Catholic church routinely subverted pagan holidays to Christian holidays including the winter solstice.

Some theories point to Christ actual birth date being in the Fall others point to his birth date being closer to Easter.
Does it matter?

Just as Halloween has ties to Celtic traditions of Samhain so does Christmas (or Christ Mass) with the inclusion of tree's and mistletoe which were sacred to Celtic Druids.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"Halloween....The Fastest Growing Religion In America - - - October 12th, 2015 "
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archiv ... in-america" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

why did dedicatory services days include may 1st in 1846?? planned?? for what??

"Construction Commencement: 18 February 1841. Private Dedication: 30 April 1846 by Joseph Young Dedication: 1–3 May 1846 by Orson Hyde. "

dedicatory "nauvoo temple" 1846 http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UTF ... %22%201846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:-B

The Occult
Hi, I'm new.

Post by The Occult »

Guys. She's right. Halloween is mine.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

The Occult wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 8:40 am Guys. She's right. Halloween is mine.
Is it weird I'm neither afraid of the occult nor Halloween? Priesthood >

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

It is not a matter of being "afraid" it is a just concern of supporting and participating in a celebration of evil.
Alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 11:34 am
The Occult wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 8:40 am Guys. She's right. Halloween is mine.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Elizabeth wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 1:20 pm It is not a matter of being "afraid" it is a just concern of supporting and participating in a celebration of evil.
Alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 11:34 am
Though I appreciate all things that are good and (try to) hate all things that are evil, I don't see any evil fruits from participating in and celebrating Halloween with my children - quite the opposite. Many, many happy memories.

Should the adversary think I'm giving him any sort of deference, well he can come ask me about it if he dares. He may just find my arm at the square, however.

#Toxic Priesthood Masculinity

"Alaris stand forward and be judged. You led a good life, paid your tithing, and held regular family home evenings. However, remember all those Halloweens you celebrated ... "

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Halloween is, at its very nature within Christianity, representative of the Days of Tribulation... when all wickedness will be loosed upon the Earth. The day afterwards (All Saints Day) is representative of the Second Coming and the Millennium.

Thus, Halloween is not evil in and of itself, despite the fact that it often is used to celebrate evil and representations of evil.