The great abominable church

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The great abominable church

Post by lundbaek »

Comment from Christopher S. Bentley, LDS author of THE HIDDEN THINGS OF DARKNESS:
Read 1 Nephi 13:5 and D&C 18:20 closely, and then ask yourself two questions.
If the church of the devil is "most abominable above all other churches," how can it be at the same time "all the evil in the world"?
And if it is all the evil in the world, how can we comply with the commandment to contend against "no church save it be the church of the devil"?
Something doesn't add up.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

I would say the Vatican is but one of the heads of the beast of revelation. The USA, France, Brittan, Turkey, and other countries who swear allegiance to NATO, are also part of this abominable church, and act in accordance to the Devil.

mac
captain of 100

Post by mac »

Blackhawk452 wrote: March 24th, 2012, 11:39 am So basically it is a group of people that belong to a particular lord. Satan's church as opposed to Christ's church.

Just the goats (abominable church) and the sheep (Church of the Firstborn).

Fun!
I used t think that the term "Great and Abominable Church" referred to the Catholic Church. When I heard it used to describe "everybody but us", I thought that was silly, because if the writer had meant that, he would have said so. My new definition is any church with a professional priesthood. If a church passes the basket or solicits subscriptions to pay it's clergy/managers it is going to have to worry about putting paying customers in those seats. They become an audience, and no matter how guilty you make them feel, you also have to seduce them into paying.

And that means making them comfortable with their own salvation, making them part of a "us against them" group. And that fractures the real Church, which includes all Heavenly Father's children... Allow us to be divided, Jew against Gentile, Catholic against Protestant, Mormon against Gentile...and you make us vulnerable.

Convince them that the Priesthood holds the keys to forgiveness..and not God or Jesus Christ, and you make them into slaves...or drive them out. Seduce them with comfortable theology that teaches "Once Saved; Always Saved" or "TULIP" doctrine and you convince them that salvation is an entitlement stemming from their membership in that group. Seduce them with revised doctrines and you get "Liberation Theology", gay Theology", and other social movements disguised as religion.

In fact we will be judged by Heavenly Father not based on a score card of good acts v. sin. We will not be on a "one strike and you are out" basis. We will not allowed to "buy indulgences". We will be judged on what we have done with our "talents on loan from God". We will be judged on how we have developed our Celestial Character without the certain knowledge that Heavenly father is watching our every move. Because how would any being..knowing for a fact that he is in full view of a physical personage who created him and can uncreate him... do anything except what he thinks will please that Parent. And, based on that fear, how could we ever have developed the Celestial Character that we came to Mortality to develop?

Yer Pal, Casey
All whom live by their consciences are acceptable to God, for the conscience is the light of Christ, all those whom sincerely believe that Jesus is Lord, that He suffered, died and arose from the dead and love their fellow men are of His Flock, for the scripture states, if we can confess with our lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that He arose from the dead we are saved, and in the last days ANYBODY whom calls apon the name of the Lord(Jesus) shall be saved.

I see such things in simple terms, ie, the believers in the Saviour and the unbelievers, as Paul the Apostle stated...
The great question which will confront us all is.....

What think ye of Christ?

LDSAnon
captain of 100

Post by LDSAnon »

PunaGabe wrote: January 15th, 2012, 5:43 pm Ok lets here some opinions on the vatican I mean great abominable church. I know there will be some debates on this one. Lets here it ,chirp away. :D
Papal audience hall at the Vatican. Does this resemble an animal? Hmmmm?

Pedo symbols (boy-lover) on Pope's vestments:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFFbYRoUUAE4C5O.jpg

I'm not saying that the Catholic Church is the only great and abominable church of the BOM, but it's a leading contender.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

In above comments it says "prostituted government". I still say it is the Catholic Church, as the Catholic Church runs prostituted government. Or even most governments of the world.

Aprhys
captain of 1,000

Post by Aprhys »

So if someone does not have the fullness of the gospel then they cannot be held accountable for that which they did not know. The Catholic church hasn't had the truth in thousands of years. Therefore they cannot be the abominable church any more than say an Islamic sect or Buddhist sect. The LDS church had/has the truth and yet they seem to be forgetting the true beliefs and requirements of the true church of God. Time will tell if the "big church," starts and those in it begin to accept more and more apostate beliefs such as homosexual sealings and those few who maintain their beliefs in the true and eternal gospel are attacked and destroyed but the great and abominable church who's goal is to "also for the apraise of the world do they bdestroy the saints of God, and bring them down into captivity."