Need recommendations for battling energy healers

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Gideon
captain of 100

Need recommendations for battling energy healers

Post by Gideon »

My ward, stake, and even loved ones, are being heavily influenced by energy healers. Some really good people are being scammed, and others have developed more faith in energy healing than in the priesthood.

I am generally a laid back kind of person who doesn't enjoy heated confrontation, but I can't let this go any longer. There are good people who need to be reclaimed, and there are others who need to be stopped.

I am going to start by convincing the priesthood that it isn't harmless. Any suggestions on how to do this?

dennis
captain of 1,000

Re: Need recommendations for battling energy healers

Post by dennis »

I am in total agreement!!! These modern practicioners of Sorcery and magick are every where. Once one knows the scam they are very easy to spot. Just like the rest of the gadiantons. The main problem is getting others to awake to their awful situation. Wake Up the sheeple!!!!!!!!! The deception is deep and ongoing. The great immaculate coverup needs to be exposed.

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

Gideon wrote:My ward, stake, and even loved ones, are being heavily influenced by energy healers. Some really good people are being scammed, and others have developed more faith in energy healing than in the priesthood.

I am generally a laid back kind of person who doesn't enjoy heated confrontation, but I can't let this go any longer. There are good people who need to be reclaimed, and there are others who need to be stopped.

I am going to start by convincing the priesthood that it isn't harmless. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Gideon,

I have been fighting the same fight for a while now. Rosabella on this forum and I have become friends through this. She has quite a bit of information. My own experiences have shown me that The New Age religion really is the counterfeit religion of the Great and Abominable Church of the last days. Mainly getting people to understand that in energy healing, the healee and healer need no personal righteousness. They tap into the powers of Satan, just like Pharaoh's priests, and perform healing. People are healed based upon where they are putting their faith, or in this case energy.
That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.
Just like almost anything else in our society. People want to take the easy way. Energy healing is easier than Power in the Priesthood through Faith and Righteousness.

Anyway, it's like when the Spirit is present. Sometimes people don't recognize it. Point it out and explain what it is that they are feeling. Do the same with New Age stuff. When people are talking about it and tapping into it, point it out, then use the scriptures to clarify why it is wrong. If people insist that it is OK (even some local church leaders :shock: ) then calmly let them know that they will be sifted 8) .

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

http://www.uponthewatchtower.com/viewto ... f02417fd5f
http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/dreamsa ... _Intro.htm
http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/energy-healer.html
http://spiritualsatanist.blogspot.com/2 ... satan.html

Sorry I had to run before I could explain the links. This first Bella's site and a great article. The next link show that this something that Satanists and Wiccans use and have long used. Showing that the wicked are doing this type of thing.
Last edited by ndjili on November 18th, 2010, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

Gideon

I am sorry to hear that this is so popular in your ward. I feel for you. It is becoming like a epidemic in the Church. It is a very hard topic to try to explain to others. The world has such great influence in the lives of members now that they turn to the world for answers. The occult healing methods are being coming so popular and are being presented as science (which real scientist completely disagree) It is pseudo-science they preach.

The best way to show people is first do not be confrontational. It will only lead to contention and the Spirit will leave and no truth then will be able to be witnessed by the Lord. Also I would take this matter to the Bishop, Stake President as high as you need to go.

The key to make a strong stand on this matter is education. Search and find out what true healing is. Read Conference talks etc. The Lord has said though his disciples lots of information on this topic. There might not be a simple talk that says a particular form of energy healing is wrong, but there is information out there that shows the Church does not support it.

The Lord tells us that spiritual healing comes from the Holy Ghost and that it is a gift of the Spirit and it is based on the faith of the persons and the will of the Lord. We are also told that in order to be able to have any spiritual gift one must be living worthy of having the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Therefore if this is true then how is it that persons that are living very wicked lives can be trained to heal without the Holy Ghost? For the Holy Ghost could not be with them.

In contrast we see Prophets of the Lord fasting and praying ahead of time to have the Spirit with them to be able to heal someone. I see a great contrast here. It appears there is a path to healing in which the Lord is not involved, so who is? If it is just us and our using a force then why does the Lord call it a Gift of the Spirit and not just something we learn like reading or writing?
James E. Talmage Articles of Faith

Page 211

“Satan has shown himself to be an accomplished strategist and a skillful imitator; the most deplorable of his victories are due to his simulation of good, whereby the undiscerning have been led captive. Let no one be deluded with the thought that any act, the immediate result of which appears to be benign, is necessarily productive of permanent good. It may serve the dark purposes of Satan to play upon the human sense of goodness, even to the extent of healing the body and apparently of thwarting death.”
As you can see Satan also has the power to heal and thwart death. Which would appear to be a good thing, but the Lord heals us based on His will not ours. We must have true faith coupled with His will, but healing is not always his will.

There is a quite a bit talked about this topic around the turn of the century in reference to healing by Faith alone which was popular with Christian Science. People need to understand what spiritualism, sorcery, witchcraft etc is first to be able to recognize it when it is repackage in an new name.

This section of my forum has some quotes that deal with aspects of this kind of alternative healing or manifestations:
http://www.uponthewatchtower.com/viewfo ... cd2b00e1f7

This section of my website http://www.FatherThyWillBeDone.com has some more on this topic http://www.fatherthywillbedone.com/?cat=89
Also this area gives a better full picture of what manifesting what you want including health, wealth etc is: http://www.fatherthywillbedone.com/?cat=87

There are articles online that can help one understand aspects of this stuff better.

http://www.skepdic.com/chopra.html
I have lots more data that is not posted. I hope some of this helps.
Last edited by Rosabella on November 26th, 2010, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

Thanks to all for your replies. You have made valuable suggestions that I can start using now.

Does anyone know why the church hasn't specifically addressed this issue, or has it been addressed in the new handbook?

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

The letter from the general authorities regarding self-help groups was read last week in our ward (finally!)

Mary
captain of 100

Post by Mary »

Last edited by Mary on September 26th, 2012, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideN ... 94610aRCRD

Here is the chapter in the Gospel Principles manual on gifts of the Spirit.
Following baptism, each of us had hands laid on our heads to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. If we are faithful, we can have His influence continually with us. Through Him, each of us can be blessed with certain spiritual powers called gifts of the Spirit. These gifts are given to those who are faithful to Christ. “All these gifts come from God, for the benefit of the children of God” (D&C 46:26).They help us know and teach the truths of the gospel. They will help us bless others. They will guide us back to our Heavenly Father. To use our gifts wisely, we need to know what they are, how we can develop them, and how to recognize Satan’s imitations of them.
Satan can imitate all of these gifts..
The Gift of Healing (D&C 46:19–20)
Some have the faith to heal, and others have the faith to be healed. We can all exercise the faith to be healed when we are ill (see D&C 42:48). Many who hold the priesthood have the gift of healing the sick. Others may be given a knowledge of how to cure illness.
This is a gift of the Spirit and there are certain requirements to have AND use a gift of the Spirit. Evergy healing is a method of healing where the practitioner tries to cleanse one of bad energy in order to heal. The use the help of spirit guides..not the Spirit...but spirit guides oftern through methods of channeling (communicating with spirit guides by either speaking to or being possessed by them)to cleanse the bad energy and to find the place in person needing to healed is sick or hurt. Wiccans and SAtanists as well as other "spiritualists" are heavily into energy healing and one should be able to deduct that it is not a gift of the Spirit as wicked people can and do practice it, and that it is one of Satans many counterfeits. Does it work? Yes...but at what cost. Magical practices are of Satan and not God. You do not have to go through proper chanels to use Satans gifts but only lead to our spiritual destruction. People forget that he was able to mimic the miracles of Moses Enough that it kept Pharoahs heart hardened.
Satan Imitates the Gifts of the Spirit
• How can we discern between the true gifts of the Spirit and Satan’s imitations?

Satan can imitate the gifts of tongues, prophecy, visions, healings, and other miracles. Moses had to compete with Satan’s imitations in Pharaoh’s court (see Exodus 7:8–22). Satan wants us to believe in his false prophets, false healers, and false miracle workers. They may appear to be so real to us that the only way to know is to ask God for the gift of discernment. The devil himself can appear as an angel of light (see 2 Nephi 9:9).

Satan wants to blind us to the truth and keep us from seeking the true gifts of the Spirit. Mediums, astrologers, fortune tellers, and sorcerers are inspired by Satan even if they claim to follow God. Their works are abominable to the Lord (see Isaiah 47:12–14; Deuteronomy 18:9–10). We should avoid all associations with the powers of Satan.
Even with true gifts of the Spirit we are told
We Must Be Careful with Our Gifts of the Spirit
• How can we respect the sacredness of spiritual gifts?

The Lord said, “A commandment I give unto them, that they shall not boast themselves of these things, neither speak them before the world; for these things are given unto you for your profit and for salvation” (D&C 84:73). We must remember that spiritual gifts are sacred (see D&C 6:10).

In return for giving us these gifts, the Lord asks that we “give thanks unto God in the Spirit for whatsoever blessing [we] are blessed with” (D&C 46:32).
When we dont respect our gifts, we can lose the true Gift of the Spirit and it can quickly and easily be replaced with a counterfeit from the devil.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Another great talk by President Packer.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideN ... 82620aRCRD
Spiritual Experiences Infrequent
I have learned that strong, impressive spiritual experiences do not come to us very frequently. And when they do, they are generally for our own edification, instruction, or correction. Unless we are called by proper authority to do so, they do not position us to counsel or to correct others.
Don’t Talk Lightly of Experiences
I have come to believe also that it is not wise to continually talk of unusual spiritual experiences. They are to be guarded with care and shared only when the Spirit itself prompts you to use them to the blessing of others. I am ever mindful of Alma’s words:

“It is given unto many to know the mysteries of God; nevertheless they are laid under a strict command that they shall not impart only according to the portion of his word which he doth grant unto the children of men, according to the heed and diligence which they give unto him.” (Alma 12:9.)

I heard President Marion G. Romney once counsel mission presidents and their wives, “I do not tell all I know; I have never told my wife all I know, for I found out that if I talked too lightly of sacred things, thereafter the Lord would not trust me.”

We are, I believe, to keep these things and ponder them in our hearts, as Luke said Mary did of the supernal events that surrounded the birth of Jesus. (See Luke 2:19.)
You Cannot Force Spiritual Things
There is something else to learn. A testimony is not thrust upon you; a testimony grows. We become taller in testimony like we grow taller in physical stature; we hardly know it happens because it comes by growth.

It is not wise to demand immediate answers or blessings to your liking. You cannot force spiritual things. Such words as compel, coerce, constrain, pressure, demand, do not describe our privileges with the Spirit. You can no more force the Spirit to respond than you can force a bean to sprout, or an egg to hatch before its time. You can create a climate to foster growth, nourish, and protect; but you cannot force or compel: you must await the growth.

Do not be impatient to gain great spiritual knowledge. Let it grow, help it grow, but do not force it or you will open the way to be misled.
The Spirit Can Withdraw
Now, once you receive it, be obedient to the promptings you receive. I learned a sobering lesson as a mission president. I was also a General Authority. I had been prompted several times, for the good of the work, to release one of my counselors. Besides praying about it, I had reasoned that it was the right thing to do. But I did not do it. I feared that it would injure a man who had given long service to the Church.

The Spirit withdrew from me. I could get no promptings on who should be called as a counselor should I release him. It lasted for several weeks. My prayers seemed to be contained within the room where I offered them. I tried a number of alternate ways to arrange the work, but to no avail. Finally, I did as I was bidden to do by the Spirit. Immediately, the gift returned! Oh, the exquisite sweetness to have the gift again. You know it, for you have it, the gift of the Holy Ghost. And the brother was not injured, indeed he was greatly blessed and immediately thereafter the work prospered.
We Can Be Deceived
Be ever on guard lest you be deceived by inspiration from an unworthy source. You can be given false spiritual messages. There are counterfeit spirits just as there are counterfeit angels. (See Moro. 7:17.) Be careful lest you be deceived, for the devil may come disguised as an angel of light.

The spiritual part of us and the emotional part of us are so closely linked that it is possible to mistake an emotional impulse for something spiritual. We occasionally find people who receive what they assume to be spiritual promptings from God, when those promptings are either centered in the emotions or are from the adversary.

Avoid like a plague those who claim that some great spiritual experience authorizes them to challenge the constituted priesthood authority in the Church. Do not be unsettled if you cannot explain every insinuation of the apostate or every challenge from the enemies who attack the Lord’s church. And we now face a tidal wave of that. In due time you will be able to confound the wicked and inspire the honest in heart.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

My wife's group of friends at church invited her to a gathering at one of their houses. They began to discuss items that were in line with this energy healing doctrine.
My wife was not familiar with it, but felt the spirit witness it was not good.
When she returned home, I googled various elements that were being taught in the spiritual healing process and was able to show a correlation with satanic worship.
This practice is not new. That is the first thing one needs to realize. It was not just invented or discovered. It has been taught since Cain killed Abel
So using Google, one can find the similarities between Satanic worshiping practices and the new age healing doctrine.
I suggest showing the parallels to your friends.

Oh and to finish my wife's story. She went to one of their houses where they both had gathered and confronted them with a loving, educational rebuke. The High Priest group leader, who is a husband of one of them, agreed and admonished both of them to repent.

I think one of them has returned to the practice, although I am not sure.

We had an experience with another family in our ward several years ago that embraced it fully along with a group in town. They refused to change and tried to indoctrinate our 17 year old daughter with it. They since have moved. Not sure where they stand today.

Nothing will be taught or learned properly, unless the Holy Ghost teaches it. Bella lays it out well.

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

ndjili, I have a situation where this quote will help alot, thanks:
Some have the faith to heal, and others have the faith to be healed. We can all exercise the faith to be healed when we are ill (see D&C 42:48). Many who hold the priesthood have the gift of healing the sick. Others may be given a knowledge of how to cure illness.
One of the questions I have is, if energy healing is of God, why isn't it mentioned in the scriptures? Why do the scriptures always direct us to get a blessing from the priesthood, and if the person doesn't have faith to be healed, then we care for them with herbs etc.

When Elder Oaks gave his talk in the priesthood session in April, why didn't he mention energy healers?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Gideon wrote:ndjili, I have a situation where this quote will help alot, thanks:
One of the questions I have is, if energy healing is of God, why isn't it mentioned in the scriptures? Why do the scriptures always direct us to get a blessing from the priesthood, and if the person doesn't have faith to be healed, then we care for them with herbs etc.

When Elder Oaks gave his talk in the priesthood session in April, why didn't he mention energy healers?
I am not defending enery healing at all, but what about the woman who touched the hem of Christ's garment and was healed? That was obviously not a "priesthod" blessing, and Christ said he felt the virtue (energy?) leave him...he didn;t rebuke her for what she did...where would that fit in I wonder?

ChemtrailWatcher
captain of 100

Post by ChemtrailWatcher »

what about the woman who touched the hem of Christ's garment and was healed? That was obviously not a "priesthod" blessing, and Christ said he felt the virtue (energy?) leave him...he didn;t rebuke her for what she did...where would that fit in I wonder?
There is no doubt as to the Saviour's worthiness. His will was perfectly in line with the Father's will. Also, the woman had faith that the Saviour could heal her. Although what occurred in that situation was not a formal priesthood blessing, I fully believe that the power of the priesthood was at work there.

That's an interesting example that you gave though, OI, because to me it shows how Satan's methods are an imitation yet complete perversion of the Lord's ways.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

ChemtrailWatcher wrote:
what about the woman who touched the hem of Christ's garment and was healed? That was obviously not a "priesthod" blessing, and Christ said he felt the virtue (energy?) leave him...he didn;t rebuke her for what she did...where would that fit in I wonder?
There is no doubt as to the Saviour's worthiness. His will was perfectly in line with the Father's will. Also, the woman had faith that the Saviour could heal her. Although what occurred in that situation was not a formal priesthood blessing, I fully believe that the power of the priesthood was at work there.

That's an interesting example that you gave though, OI, because to me it shows how Satan's methods are an imitation yet complete perversion of the Lord's ways.
I of course was not trying in any way to question the Savior's worthiness. What I am saying is it is an example that clearly was not a formal priesthood blessing.

The question then becomes: If someone who does nto hold the priesthood but is a very good person trying to do as he or she believe God wants them to, and if said person blesses/ prays for or does anything else WITH GOOD INTENT, and also exercising faith (however imperfect that faith may be, i.e. based on incorrect knowledge) can or should a healing be able to occur in that situation, and is it evil if it does?

I am not defending energy healing. And there is no question in my mind that at least some of it IS evil (done to be seen of the world, to get gain, to gain a "following" or whatever.) But let's say the person's motives are pure? Evil? Dangerous? I don't know.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

We have to keep in mind the woman healed was healed by her Faith in Christ and His ability to heal her. By her touching His garment with such great faith she was healed. It was by His power and her faith. That cannot compare to energy healing. It was Christ who was pure and who is also God. I see a great difference in His abilities to heal and those "powers" that any one no matter how wicked they are can heal. Every modality of energy healing can be done by the wicked. So there is a difference.

ChemtrailWatcher
captain of 100

Post by ChemtrailWatcher »

I of course was not trying in any way to question the Savior's worthiness
I know that, OI. :) I didn't mean to question your knowledge/faith or anything like that. I was just pointing out what I saw was the major difference between that example and the "energy healing" of the world.

I think I understand what you're asking, though. Personally, I think it has to do with whether or not authority has been given by God. To say that any person can "heal" another person can be rather presumptuous in my opinion. It is totally prideful, unless full credit is given to God. Anyone with the priesthood must acknowledge that the power that they have has been given to them from God and that they must use that power only within the Lord's bounds.

A doctor cannot heal a person; he can only help that healing to occur. I can think of many examples where both "good" and "bad" people have been given the ability to HELP a healing to occur (such as through prayer or through a dream as to what to do in a situation or through knowledge of medicinal herbs, to name a few ways), but whenever someone claims the authority (without the proper priesthood authority) or the ability to do the actual healing, then I think that's when it can teeter on the side of being evil/heathen.

I would think that the "energy healing" that we hear about these days is evil because in many ways it mimics the ordinances of the priesthood. Red flags pop up all over the place for me.

Several years ago, I actually had an experience with this myself. My visiting teacher was visiting me on her monthly visit (no companion with her) and I told her that I had been quite ill. She then told me that she does energy healing and offered to do that on me right then and there. I had no idea what she was talking about, so I agreed (albeit reluctantly.) Boy, did that ever feel weird. She had me sit in a straight-backed chair while she touched my "aura" all over. Bizarre. It felt a bit like I was having a priesthood blessing in a very perverted sort of way. I didn't know about the Satanic origins of this practise at that time, but the Spirit definitely told me that I must never allow her to do that to me again. Thankfully, she didn't remain my visiting teacher for much longer. I was rather wary of her after that.

I'm not saying she was a bad person. I just think she was deceived. I believe that many people who do that stuff are well-meaning, yet deceived as to what they're doing. They're not necessarily evil people, but I believe the practise is inherently evil.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

Original_Intent wrote:
ChemtrailWatcher wrote:

I of course was not trying in any way to question the Savior's worthiness. What I am saying is it is an example that clearly was not a formal priesthood blessing.

The question then becomes: If someone who does nto hold the priesthood but is a very good person trying to do as he or she believe God wants them to, and if said person blesses/ prays for or does anything else WITH GOOD INTENT, and also exercising faith (however imperfect that faith may be, i.e. based on incorrect knowledge) can or should a healing be able to occur in that situation, and is it evil if it does?

I am not defending energy healing. And there is no question in my mind that at least some of it IS evil (done to be seen of the world, to get gain, to gain a "following" or whatever.) But let's say the person's motives are pure? Evil? Dangerous? I don't know.
We know there are save two churches only. The question becomes, which church is doing the healing? Be it the Church of Christ or is it the church of satan?
The woman healed by touching Christ was placing her faith in Christ and his power to heal. And we know his power is referred to as the priesthood.
The type of healing being discussed on this thread is placing faith in satan's power indirectly by focusing on our own so called power. It is not focusing on Christ.
The faith to be healed either lies in faith in Christ or faith in satan. There is no middle ground. A woman can pray with faith for her child to be healed and it can be done according to her faith, but it is the power of Christ (priesthood) that heals, not the woman.
If that same woman uses the type of healing mentioned on this thread, she is not relying upon Christ (priesthood), but upon her false belief that she has her own powers to heal, which stems from satanic beliefs and uses satanic powers to counterfeit the healing.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

in that situation, and is it evil if it does?
NO! As long as that person is exercising faith in Christ.

An Eye Single
captain of 100

Post by An Eye Single »

This topic has been one on which I have been hesitating to post for a very long time (mainly because I knew that, if I did offer my two cents and someone disagreed, I would not have very much time to rebut). Tonight, however, the kids are all filled with a nice Thanksgiving dinner and are to bed relatively early. So, knowing that some might group me into the "deceived" part of the forum membership if I continue with this post, I will endeavor to explain my feelings on this subject and pray that it might be of benefit to someone out there. My extended family already thinks that I am a "nut-job" since I subscribe to the whole "9-11 was an Inside Job" mantra. This can't be too much worse. However, since Thanksgiving only comes once a year, and since bedtimes vary greatly in my home, don't expect a quick response from me if you reply to this post. I promise, I'm not trying to avoid anyone. :D

Certain things in the scriptures have always intrigued me. OI's example of the woman being healed by touching the hem of Christ's garment, Nephi being able to shock his brothers, both Abinadi and Nephi knowing that, if someone were to touch them, that person would wither as a dried reed, and conduits of light in which appear heavenly beings, just to name a very few. Parley P. Pratt says that what we mortals deem miracles are actually the results of higher laws superceding lower ones. That is very much a paraphrase, but basically the point. I believe that the Bible Dictionary says something similar. As I would read these and other passages of scripture, I slowly came to an understanding (albeit far from complete) of the operations of these miracles and the laws that govern them. Several experiences that I had early in life helped shape the opinions which I have now formed concerning these laws.

I don't want to bore anyone with details. Suffice it to say that I think, when it comes to energy healings, if we simply have a knee-jerk reaction to them and call them evil, we are kind of throwing the baby out with the bath water, so to speak. The gifts of healing and of being healed are gifts of the Spirit. They are not exclusive to priesthood holders. We are taught to seek diligently for these gifts as well as others. Can the Spirit not teach us these diversities of operations?

Now I will admit that I was lucky. The way I was introduced to energy healings was completely in line with Gospel teachings. Submission to our Heavenly Father's will was and is constant for me. In prayer, I always ask Heavenly Father if energy work is the best tool for me to use to help someone else or if there are other tools that would be more in line with what Heavenly Father wants. Sometimes I am told not to do any energy work at all.

I also have no doubt that Satan knows about these same laws and that he would not hesitate for a moment to teach people about them if there was a chance to bring those individuals out of harmony with the basic principles of the Gospel. There are definitely things to be avoided! My sister-in-law (who holds the same opinions that I do) and I were both given dreams in which we were made to understand that it would definitely be easy to be deceived if we did not follow the precepts of the Gospel which we had already been taught. Personally, I have found that my understanding of these laws has given me a greater faith in God and His priesthood power. It has been sort of like a child who learns how to walk. How does the child know that he can walk? He has no understanding of human physiology-the nervous, respiratory, circulatory, or musculoskeletal systems that operate to enable him to walk. And yet he tries. He exercises a simple, truly child-like faith. As he gets older, and as he educates himself, a foundation is formed whereupon he can build an understanding of the systems that have given him the ability to walk for so many years and he can say to himself, "Oh, so that's how it all works!" His new-found knowledge is not inherently evil. Rather it serves as a testimony-builder in the operations in which he had already successfully exercised his faith. At least, that is how this experience has been for me. Now, if he decided to use those physiological systems to do things that were not in harmany with God's plan, that would be a different story.

I hope that I have in no way offended anyone by posting this. I do not intend to stir up a hornet's nest on this subject. I just feel that if Satan is increasingly using these laws to his advantage, can the Spirit not us teach about those same laws so as to enable us to more easily recognize his deceptions?; so as to enable us to exercise an even greater faith in those laws? My testimony of so many aspects of the gospel has been strengthened because of my understanding of certain principles that might sound "New Age" to some.

A short list:
Prayer
Parting the veil
Administration of oil used in the healing of the sick
The sealing power and the "welding links" that bind families together
All of the Gospel ordinances
Revelation
Healings
Repentance
The Atonement
Light
Being cleansed from sin/baptism by fire
The importance of daily/frequent participation in gopsel-centered activities
The sacredness of the human body
The armor of God

So many others. Best recommendation that I can give to anyone working in energy healings? Seek to serve the Lord in all things and strive to live worthy of the Spirit.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

We must also remember Gods will in healing. Sometimes we are afflicted for a purpose and for our learning or for someone elses learning and faith has nothing to do with it...
Certain things in the scriptures have always intrigued me. OI's example of the woman being healed by touching the hem of Christ's garment, Nephi being able to shock his brothers, both Abinadi and Nephi knowing that, if someone were to touch them, that person would wither as a dried reed, and conduits of light in which appear heavenly beings, just to name a very few. Parley P. Pratt says that what we mortals deem miracles are actually the results of higher laws superceding lower ones.
These men were righteous prophets of God..using His power to fulfill His purposes and doing His will.

They are not exclusive to priesthood holders.
No but it is still through the Priesthood non the less. A woman may pray, cast out the Devil, And ask for revelation, but she as with any Priesthood holder must do God's will and be righteous and faithful.
Parley P. Pratt says that what we mortals deem miracles are actually the results of higher laws superceding lower ones.
We are still mortals though and arent yet privy to much of these higher laws. Many want to be gods now and use powers we arent given yet. I do know the roots of energy healing do not come from Christ. Satanists and Wiccans as well as those in eastern thought and the New Age have been practicing this for years. It's also very much what a medicine man in Native American and latin American tradition does. I've been around for a few and they give me the heebie jeebies. There are only 2 powers at work on earth. Gods and satans. Satan is subtle and has a long time to subtly mingle the philosophies of man with scripture. He can also subtly mimic things of God. I just say we be very careful when messing with the occult. I've known many who were sucked in and lost this way.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

An Eye Single wrote:This topic has been one on which I have been hesitating to post for a very long time (mainly because I knew that, if I did offer my two cents and someone disagreed, I would not have very much time to rebut). Tonight, however, the kids are all filled with a nice Thanksgiving dinner and are to bed relatively early. So, knowing that some might group me into the "deceived" part of the forum membership if I continue with this post, I will endeavor to explain my feelings on this subject and pray that it might be of benefit to someone out there. My extended family already thinks that I am a "nut-job" since I subscribe to the whole "9-11 was an Inside Job" mantra. This can't be too much worse. However, since Thanksgiving only comes once a year, and since bedtimes vary greatly in my home, don't expect a quick response from me if you reply to this post. I promise, I'm not trying to avoid anyone. :D

Certain things in the scriptures have always intrigued me. OI's example of the woman being healed by touching the hem of Christ's garment, Nephi being able to shock his brothers, both Abinadi and Nephi knowing that, if someone were to touch them, that person would wither as a dried reed, and conduits of light in which appear heavenly beings, just to name a very few. Parley P. Pratt says that what we mortals deem miracles are actually the results of higher laws superceding lower ones. That is very much a paraphrase, but basically the point. I believe that the Bible Dictionary says something similar. As I would read these and other passages of scripture, I slowly came to an understanding (albeit far from complete) of the operations of these miracles and the laws that govern them. Several experiences that I had early in life helped shape the opinions which I have now formed concerning these laws.

I don't want to bore anyone with details. Suffice it to say that I think, when it comes to energy healings, if we simply have a knee-jerk reaction to them and call them evil, we are kind of throwing the baby out with the bath water, so to speak. The gifts of healing and of being healed are gifts of the Spirit. They are not exclusive to priesthood holders. We are taught to seek diligently for these gifts as well as others. Can the Spirit not teach us these diversities of operations?

Now I will admit that I was lucky. The way I was introduced to energy healings was completely in line with Gospel teachings. Submission to our Heavenly Father's will was and is constant for me. In prayer, I always ask Heavenly Father if energy work is the best tool for me to use to help someone else or if there are other tools that would be more in line with what Heavenly Father wants. Sometimes I am told not to do any energy work at all.

I also have no doubt that Satan knows about these same laws and that he would not hesitate for a moment to teach people about them if there was a chance to bring those individuals out of harmony with the basic principles of the Gospel. There are definitely things to be avoided! My sister-in-law (who holds the same opinions that I do) and I were both given dreams in which we were made to understand that it would definitely be easy to be deceived if we did not follow the precepts of the Gospel which we had already been taught. Personally, I have found that my understanding of these laws has given me a greater faith in God and His priesthood power. It has been sort of like a child who learns how to walk. How does the child know that he can walk? He has no understanding of human physiology-the nervous, respiratory, circulatory, or musculoskeletal systems that operate to enable him to walk. And yet he tries. He exercises a simple, truly child-like faith. As he gets older, and as he educates himself, a foundation is formed whereupon he can build an understanding of the systems that have given him the ability to walk for so many years and he can say to himself, "Oh, so that's how it all works!" His new-found knowledge is not inherently evil. Rather it serves as a testimony-builder in the operations in which he had already successfully exercised his faith. At least, that is how this experience has been for me. Now, if he decided to use those physiological systems to do things that were not in harmany with God's plan, that would be a different story.

I hope that I have in no way offended anyone by posting this. I do not intend to stir up a hornet's nest on this subject. I just feel that if Satan is increasingly using these laws to his advantage, can the Spirit not us teach about those same laws so as to enable us to more easily recognize his deceptions?; so as to enable us to exercise an even greater faith in those laws? My testimony of so many aspects of the gospel has been strengthened because of my understanding of certain principles that might sound "New Age" to some.

A short list:
Prayer
Parting the veil
Administration of oil used in the healing of the sick
The sealing power and the "welding links" that bind families together
All of the Gospel ordinances
Revelation
Healings
Repentance
The Atonement
Light
Being cleansed from sin/baptism by fire
The importance of daily/frequent participation in gopsel-centered activities
The sacredness of the human body
The armor of God

So many others. Best recommendation that I can give to anyone working in energy healings? Seek to serve the Lord in all things and strive to live worthy of the Spirit.
Thanks for your tenderness in explaining your thoughts on this. I testify to you that their are only two powers in the universe, God and satan's. Everything exists because of the light of Christ. He is in all things, through all things and is the power by which they are and were created. He IS the law. No law exists that is not Him. So in no way can we tap into a law without tapping into Christ. Satan mimics healing by tapping into Christ's law in the wrong manner and condemns himself by doing so. But when we exercise faith in Christ and use the proper means that Christ has taught us, such as the prayer of faith and the priesthood of God, then we are tapping into the laws of Christ in the manner prescribed by him.
Please prayerfully study the letter from the first presidency on this issue.

Christ says we should perform all our acts in his name, dedicating the credit and glory to the Father. Please reconsider the source of your healing technique.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

An Eye Single

I am very thankful for the very sweet and loving way you explained your position on this topic. If only all conversations could be done with such tact, kindness and respect. I can tell you have a wonderfully loving heart and are seeking to do good. I hope that I can explain my views with the same grace you have shown.
NoGreaterLove wrote:
Christ says we should perform all our acts in his name, dedicating the credit and glory to the Father.
One thing I would like to point out is that one can say they are doing it in Christ name and still not being doing in His name. For we are told:
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
These that say Lord Lord are those that thought they were worshiping Christ while doing many works in His name. Their intent is good yet the Lord rejects them. If they were casting out spirits, doing wonderful works by what power were they using? They thought it was Christ's but obviously it was not.

I have listened to many mediums that concluded their channeling of a familiar spirits with the ending in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost, Amen. In these cases what the spirit entities are teaching are in complete opposition with gospel principles and are clearly demons for Angels of God do not possess bodies of man and speak through them in this manner.

What I have found to be the most important thing is to see where any spiritual energy modality comes from, where are its roots. When you look at its original origins it becomes clear what side it truly is from. Right now we are lead to believe it is just natural laws that science has not discovered yet. But when you see who has been practicing this very technique it can be the most wicked. The Lord's power cannot work through wicked people.

The confusion lies in what exactly are natural laws and what are metaphysical laws of the occult. Just because it is presented as a "law" of the universe does not mean it is a law of God.

Here is just a short list of the Law the occult use, this is from their writings:

Laws of the Ageless Wisdom
• Law of Abstraction (DINA 11, 692)
• Law of Accretion (TWM, 470)
• Law of Action and Reaction ( TWM, 322)
• Law of Active Precipitation (TWM, 278)
• Law of Adaptation in Time (TCF, 46)
• Law of Adjustment or Balance (TCF, 1166)
• Law of Affinity (EA, 267)
• Law of Analogy (RI, 131)
• Law of Ancient Dominating Good (EH, 30)
• Law of Approach (ENA, 134)
• Law of Assembly (DINA 11, 402)
• Law of Attraction (RI, 248)
• Law of Attraction and Repulsion (COA, 62)
• Law of Attractive Magnetic Love (EP 1, 43)
• Law of Balance (TWM, 391)
• Law of Being (EH, 181)
• Law of Brotherhood (EP 1, 302)
• Law of Capitulation (EP 1, 377)
• Law of Cause and Effect (RI, 442)
• Law of Change (DINA 11, 357)
• Law of Chemical Affinity (TCF, 1168)
• Law of Cleavages (RI, 596)
• Law of Coalescence TCF, 577)
• Law of Cohesion (EP 11, 152)
• Law of Color (TCF, 1171)
• Law of Compassion (TWM, 288)
• Law of Compensation (DINA 11, 612)
• Law of Consequence and Compensation (DINA 11, 538)
• Law of Consequences (EH, 21)
• Law on Construction (IHS, 177)
• Law of Contraries (EA, 403)
• Law of Contrasts (EA, 518)
• Law of Correspondence (TCF, 599)
• Law of Correspondences (RI, 180)
• Law of Cycles (RI, 238)
• Law of Cyclic Appearance (FBC, 5)
• Law of Cyclic Compensation (RI, 238)
• Law of Death (TCF, 587)
• Law of Desire (EP 11, 159)
• Law of Destiny (DINA 11, 311)
• Law of Destroying Angels EP IT, 165)
• Law of Destruction (IRJ, 76)
• Law of Differentiation (EH, 690)
• Law of Disintegration (EP 11, 152)
• Law of Dissolution (EH, 501)
• Law of Dominating Good (EH, 546)
• Law of Duality (TWM, 118)
• Law of Economy (RI, 264)
• Law of Economy in Service (TWM, 323)
• Law of Electricity (TCF, 210)
• Law of Elevation (EP IT, 179)
• Law of Essential Integrity (EH, 523)
• Law of Evolution (RI, 262)
• Law of Expansion (TCF, 1030)
• Law of Expansive Response (EP 11, 165)
• Law of Expediency (EA, 420)
• Law of Fixation (RI, 725)
• Law of Free Occult Obedience (DINA 11, 154)
• Law of Freedom (RI, 417-8)
• Law of Friction (TCF, 219)
• Law of Forms (TCF, 282)
• Law of Fulfillment (DINA IT, 743)
• Law of Giving (FITI, 692)
• Law of God (RI, 192)
• Law of God’s Being (TWM, 463)
• Law of Gravitation (TWM 66, TCF, 1172)
• Law of Group Life (EP 1, 302)
• Law of Group Progress (EP IT, 198)
• Law of Groups (TCF, 219)
• Law of Hidden Radiance (EP 1, 377)
• Law of Immersion (EP 1, 377)
• Law of Imminence (TEV, 69)
• Law of Imperfection (EH, 297)
• Law of Inevitability (RI, 439)
• Law of Initiation (TWM, 109)
• Law of Integration (RI, 384)
• Law of Isolation or Limitation (EH, 638)
• Law of Karma (RI, 85)
• Law of Karmic Liability (EH, 405)
• Law of Karmic Necessity (EH, 405)
• Law of Karmic Transformation (EH, 405)
• Law of Liberation (EH, 13)
• Law of Life (EH, 445)
• Law of Life of the Sun (RI, 520)
• Law of Life or of Spirit (RI, 157-8)
• Law of Life or Synthesis (RI, 163)
• Law of the Life Purpose of the Planetary Logos (RI, 520)
• Law of Lotus (TCF, 1171)
• Law of Love (EP 11, 152, TCF, 593)
• Law of Loving Understanding (EP 1, 379)
• Law of Lower Four (EP 11, 200)
• Law of Magnetic Attraction (TWM, 522)
• Law of Magnetic Control (EP 11, 152, TCF, 583)
• Law of Magnetic Impulse (EP 11, 173)
• Laws of Magnetic Resistance (or of Solar Repulsion) (TCF, 90)
• Law of Magnetic Work (RI, 404)
• Law of Magnetism (TCF, 1169)
• Law of Magnetization (RI, 248)
• Law of Materialization (EP 1, 377)
• Law of Matter (EA, 444)
• Law of Monadic Return (TCF, 1030)
• Law of Mutual Attraction (TCF, 367)
• Law of Necessity (TEV, 194)
• Law of Non-resistance (DINA 1, 422)
• Law of Occult Continuity (RI, 212)
• Law of Occult Paradox (DINA 11, 21)
• Law of Perfection (EH, 659)
• Law of Periodic Manifestation (TWM, 534)
• Law of Periodicity (TWM, 323)
• Law of Persistence (TCF, 739)
• Law of Planetary Affinity (TCF, 1172)
• Law of Positive and Negative Relationships (DINA 1, 749)
• Law of Polar Opposites (TWM, 109)
• Law of Polar Union (EP 11, 109)
• Law of Progress (TCF, 1168)
• Law of Radiation (TCF, 1027)
• Law of Re-appropriation (DINA 1. 260)
• Law of Rebirth (RI, 226)
• Law of Rebirth and Death (TCF, 590)
• Law of Relativity (TCF, 1041)
• Law of Repetition (TCF, 347)
• Law of Repulse (EP 11, 165)
• Law of Repulsion (TCF, 144)
• Law of Resemblance (TCF, 329)
• Law of Retribution (EH, 20)
• Law of Return ( EH, 246)
• Law of Rhythm (TWM, 65)
• Law of Ritual and Divine Ceremonial (DINA 11, 454)
• Law of Sacrifice (RI, 266)
• Law of Sacrifice and Death (EP 11, 152)
• Law of Schools (TCF, 1173)
• Law of Separateness and Hate (TWM, 424)
• Law of Separation (EA, 479)
• Law of Service (RI, 439)
• Law of Service and Sacrifice (TCF, 6)
• Law of Sex (TCF, 1168)
• Law of Silence (DINA 11, 552)
• Law of Solar Evolution (TCF, 1027)
• Law of Solar Union (TCF, 1173)
• Law of the Soul (EP 11, 148)
• Law of Spirit (DINA 11, 423)
• Law of Spiritual Freedom (TWM, 340)
• Law of Spiritual Retribution (TWM, 436)
• Law of Subsistence (LOM, 204)
• Law of Supplementary Seven (RI, 151-167)
• Law of Supply (DINA 11, 60)
• Law of Supply and Demand (TWM, 61)
• Law of Synthesis (EP 11, 151)
• Law of Synthetic Limitation (TWM, 278)
• Law of Those Who Choose To Die (EP 11, 87)
• Law of the Tides (EP 1, 378)
• Law of Transmutation (EH, 593)
• Laws of Thought (or Laws of Creation) (TWM, 553)
• Law of Triple Response (TEV, 60)
• Law of Understanding (EP 1, 380)
• Law of the Universe (EA, 443)
• Law of Vibration (RI, 54)
• Law of Vibratory Expansion (TWM, 352)
• Law of Vibratory Interplay (TWM, 278)

Hear is just one information portal to all kinds of energy healing modalities: http://energy-healing.info/taxonomy/vocabulary/7

Acupressure
Acupuncture
Alchemy
Amara-Omni
Angel Therapy
Anodea Judith
Aromatherapy
Aumkabah Keys of Ascension
Aura
Ayurveda
Baby Psychotherapy
BE SET FREE FAST
Belief Repatterning
Bio-touch
Biodynamic Psychology
Bioenergetics
Bioenergy Therapy
Biofeedback
Blavatsky
Bob Jaffe
Body Psychology
Body Psychotherapy
Body Talk
Bodynamic Analysis
Bodywork
Breathwork
Breema
Brenda Davies
Brennan Healing Science
Carolyn Myss
Chakra Energy System
Chakras
channeling
Chinese Medicine
Chios Energy Healing
Clairvoyance
Color
Comedy
Core Energetics
Cranial Osteopathy
Craniosacral Therapy
Crystals
Dar'Shem
Divinity
DNA Activation
DNA Healing
Donna Eden
Doreen Virtue
Drisana
drumming
Electric Healing
Electromagnetism
EMDR
EMF Balancing
Emotional Freedom Technique
EmoTrance
Energy Healing
Energy Integration
Energy Medicine
Energy Psychology
energywork
EnerSense
Esoteric Healing
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
Frequencies of Brilliance
Gaiadon Heart
Gaiadon Heart - Aumkabah Keys of Ascension / Shamballa Multi-D / Many others
Gaiadon Heart Healing systems / Shamballa Multi-Dimensional Healing / Usui Reiki Shihan
Gaidon Heart
Guided Meditation
Hakomi
Hayashi Reiki
Healers Tools
healing
Healing and Science
Healing Touch
Healing with the Chakra Energy System: Acupressure
Herbalism
Holistic Healing
Holographic Repatterning
Homeopathy
Human Energy Field
Hypnotherapy
Integrated Energy Therapy
JIN SHIN DO
Jin Shin Jyutsu
John Diamond
Johrei
Judith Orloff
Kalos Health Facilitator
Kofutu
Kundalini
Kundalini Reiki
LaHoChi
Life Coaching
life force energy
Lightworker
Lymph Drainage Therapy
Magick
Magnified Healing
Martial Arts
massage
Matrix Energetics
Medical Intuition
Medicine Buddha
Meditation
mind body
Moving Cycle
native
NATURAL FORCE HEALING
Noetic Field Therapy
Orgone
Orgonomy
Oriental Medicine
Parapsychology
Passion
Past Life Regression
pastlife
Pathwork
Plexus Bio-Energy Therapy
Polarity Therapy
Politics and Law
Pranic Healing
Prayer
Psycho-Physical Therapy
Psychology
Qi Gong
Qigong
Quantum Techniques
Quantum Touch
Radiant Healing
Radix Therapy
Reconnective Healing
Reflexology
Reichian
Reichian Psychology
Reichian Psychotherapy
Reiki
Reiki Jin Kei Do
Reiki Plus
Ruach Healing
Sangye Menlha Reiki
Science
Seemorg Matrix Work
Seichem
Seichim
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Seven Rays
Shakti Bija Mantra Reiki
Shamanic
Shamanic Reiki
Shamanism
Shambhala MDH
SHEN Therapy
Shiatsu
Somatic Psychotherapy
SoulWork
Sound
sound therapy
Soundscapes for chakras
Spiritual Development
Spiritual Healing
Stylianos Atteshlis
Sufi Healing
Sufi Reiki
Tai Chi
Takata Reiki
Tantra
Tapas Acupressure Technique
Teramai
The Assemblage Point
The Christa Healing Method
The Diamond Center
The Gaiadon heart
The Orhai Method of Total Healing
The Radiance Technique
The Sedona Method
The Transformational Healing Method
Theosophy
Therapeutic Touch
therapy
Theta Healing
Total Health
Transformational Energy Release
Usui Reiki
Usui-Do
Vibrational Healing
Vibrational Healing Through The Chakras: With Light
Visionary Art
Vortex Healing
Yoga
Zen Buddhism
Zero Balancing
Zero Point Healing
Zonar Healing

This is not a full list nor is it extremely clear on all of the topics listed but will serve my point well enough. All of these practices are linked together and at their root have the same goals in mind. When you look at each one based on its own merits, origins and goals, connection to philosophical ideas they are promoted in context with it they all have the same basic principles. They promote the belief in: mans ability to tap into a "spiritual power" or "energy" to manifest any desire including healing, the belief in reincarnation, the belief that man is God, that there is no sin and there is no God that Judges man and you will find the deeper you delve the more clear they are that the powers do not come from the universe but come from spirit guides. One very well respected example of this is Barbra Ann Brennan and her very popular book Hands of Light. It clearly explains the whole process of energy healing and shows that the practitioner at first thinks they are healing by tapping into a universal energy of the universe then they slowly realize they are being guided by spirits and that the spirits are the ones that send the energy. None of these many modalities can be mingled with LDS doctrine in their true form they have to be carefully dissected to make them fit. So if what they teach as a whole is not true why do we embrace pieces of it as truth? It then is just repackage to fit what we want the modality to say and not what it really teaches. The roots of these trees and their fruits are not good for they deny Jesus Christ as the Savior and Redeemer. Why do we turn to other faiths and the occult when we have been given the Restored Gospel?

If a person studies what witches, wiccans, sorcerers, mediums all do for healing they will find all these same techniques. Just because they work does not mean they are from God. Just because they make us feel good does not mean they are from God. Joseph Smith had so much trouble with Saints having visions, dreams and manifestations from the devil that it was tearing apart the Church. Sadly that is happening again. So many members are leaving the pale of the Gospel and finding paths that are not leading them to the tree of life but being lost in the mist of darkness. We have to remember Lucifer can appear as an angel of light. His greatest deception is when he appears good and harmless or even better than what God has to offer.

The wicked of the world are embracing all these "new" healing paths should that not concern us? They are not science for they have been spiritual practices originally.

My position on energy healing is not based in fear of something that seems strange or different therefore a knee jerk response, it is in from researching the original sources and seeing that it comes from sorcery and witchcraft not science. If one does research all the data is there to show what energy healing is and when it is looked at as part of the big picture of the whole new age movement it then becomes very easy to tell where it is leading people. It is only when you have limited pieces of the picture that it appears safe and ok. This movement that appears so loving and good is pulling so many Saints out of the Church. It might not happen right away but the amount of people I have talked with that have gotten involved in it that leave the Church is far higher than those that stay. That in itself should say it all. So many leave the LDS faith because they have found "greater" insight and have become more "enlightened" because of the practice of many different aspects of the new age occult that did not seem at first to cause them to reject the LDS faith but in time cause them to feel that the LDS faith is just a mere stepping stone to the "whole" truth. Some stay LDS, others leave. You can read many of their stories on websites dedicated to those that have left the Church and tell their stories why. They explain how there path of energy healing or using the law of attraction opened them up to higher truths and that the Gospel as the LDS church teaches was a stepping stone and they have moved on to higher levels of spirituality and they now understand the real laws of "God" or the Universe. These practices do not lead most closer to the Church, but away. Most do not even realize they are actually being pulled away but feel they are even becoming stronger spiritually.

Here is a typical site that promotes Energy Healing. Please look at ALL that it teaches and explains. It becomes clear that energy healing is only one aspect of a whole spiritual way of life or counterfeit spirituality:

http://www.peacefulmind.com/metaphysics.htm

This is the leading publisher of what is called the Transformational Movement, this movement is also called the New Age Movement or New Spirituality, New Thought, New Science etc . Whatever they publish is always with their spiritual agenda in mind. It is a very good site to see what the new age spirituality is.
http://www.hayhouse.com/
Last edited by Rosabella on November 26th, 2010, 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

An Eye Single
captain of 100

Post by An Eye Single »

A quick response while there is a lull in the craziness.
Thanks for your tenderness in explaining your thoughts on this. I testify to you that their are only two powers in the universe, God and satan's. Everything exists because of the light of Christ. He is in all things, through all things and is the power by which they are and were created. He IS the law. No law exists that is not Him. So in no way can we tap into a law without tapping into Christ. Satan mimics healing by tapping into Christ's law in the wrong manner and condemns himself by doing so. But when we exercise faith in Christ and use the proper means that Christ has taught us, such as the prayer of faith and the priesthood of God, then we are tapping into the laws of Christ in the manner prescribed by him.
Perhaps I should start another thread on the first part of this statement. I will admit that it is a topic that I have begin to study deeply as a result of energy work and comments made on this forum. From what source does Satan derive his power? From what source does God derive His power? It is a very interesting study, to say the least, and not one to delve into with any preconceived ideas. Which came first-Christ or the law? I am not trying to be facetious in any way and I also am not trying to ask in an "I know" kind of attitude. The answer to that question is extremely important. I do believe that Satan has access to certain laws. Not sure about the condemnation part, just because we are told that God will allow Satan "to tempt them and to try them". I'll ponder that one, but in light of what I have been studying about Satan's power and God's power, it doesn't seem to fit. I guess it depends on how you define "in the wrong manner".
Please prayerfully study the letter from the first presidency on this issue.
I have. I have taken one energy class and in no way did it use any of the techniques listed in the letter from the First Presidency. Most of what I have learned about energy came as a direct result of early life experiences, pondering the scriptures, the whisperings of the Spirit, and reading other sources from leaders of the church and all of that happened before I ever took that class. What little I have learned about energy healings I incorporate only after serious study and prayer and anything that would put my will before the Lord's I keep at arm's length or greater. (The Secret is a good example)
These men were righteous prophets of God..using His power to fulfill His purposes and doing His will.
Are prophets the only ones allowed to do God's will? Can the Lord not teach any of His righteous children who are willing to serve Him and keep His commandments? Does He not delight to bless them?
No but it is still through the Priesthood non the less. A woman may pray, cast out the Devil, And ask for revelation, but she as with any Priesthood holder must do God's will and be righteous and faithful.
No real argument here about the righteousness part of it. But are you saying that a person must have the priesthood in their life somehow in order for them to pray or receive revelation or be healed? If you are, then what are your feelings about all of those people who are healing themselves with modern medical techniques? If they are not in line with God's will for them, could it then not be argued that they are tapping into Satan's power or doing Satan's will or at the very least fighting against God's will for them? Or is it more likely that modern medicine is a tool for us to use after we have diligently sought His will?
We are still mortals though and arent yet privy to much of these higher laws. Many want to be gods now and use powers we arent given yet. I do know the roots of energy healing do not come from Christ. Satanists and Wiccans as well as those in eastern thought and the New Age have been practicing this for years. It's also very much what a medicine man in Native American and latin American tradition does.
So glad that Nephi didn't believe this when he was building a boat or that Moses didn't believe it when he was backed up against the Red Sea. While I ceratinly do not claim to understand all things, I do understand one thing and that is that the Lord can help me understand all things. President Eyring explained this in his talk this last conference. When we seek to do the Lord's will and then actually do the Lord's will, the Lord trusts us and then gives us greater things. I know that Lord can even overcome my own mortality to help me understand those things that He wants me to understand in order to do the work that He has for me on this earth. Is this not quickening? In our mortal experience, do we ever, under normal conditions, feel that flood of light and intelligence. No, it comes only when we align ourselves with truth and light and then what we experience is so far out of the realm of mortality that we have to stand back and declare that it is from God. Personally (I don't claim to have received revelation on this, but it makes sense to me), I believe that all of these higher laws were made known to many societies throughout history (especially at the time of Christ's resurrection and subsequent visitation to the different people of the House of Israel. Satan did a pretty good job of corrupting those teachings-effectively taking Christ out of the picture. I have no doubt that he is doing the same in our day. Makes it very confusing indeed.

Again, I would never recommend participating in any kind of energy work without first seeking the Spirit on such matters. Best place to learn about their foundations is in the scriptures. Then when you are confronted with a deception it is much easier to recognize. Just glancing over Rosabella's response in this thread. Very loving and kind. I am very appreciative. Wish I had time to respond. I guess when it all boils down to it, there really is no argument here. All truth can be found within the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. May the Lord bless us all to recognize and receive all that is true and good and to reject all else.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideN ... 82620aRCRD
We Can Be Deceived
Be ever on guard lest you be deceived by inspiration from an unworthy source. You can be given false spiritual messages. There are counterfeit spirits just as there are counterfeit angels. (See Moro. 7:17.) Be careful lest you be deceived, for the devil may come disguised as an angel of light.

The spiritual part of us and the emotional part of us are so closely linked that it is possible to mistake an emotional impulse for something spiritual. We occasionally find people who receive what they assume to be spiritual promptings from God, when those promptings are either centered in the emotions or are from the adversary.
Avoid like a plague those who claim that some great spiritual experience authorizes them to challenge the constituted priesthood authority in the Church. Do not be unsettled if you cannot explain every insinuation of the apostate or every challenge from the enemies who attack the Lord’s church. And we now face a tidal wave of that. In due time you will be able to confound the wicked and inspire the honest in heart.
Perhaps I should start another thread on the first part of this statement. I will admit that it is a topic that I have begin to study deeply as a result of energy work and comments made on this forum. From what source does Satan derive his power? From what source does God derive His power? It is a very interesting study, to say the least, and not one to delve into with any preconceived ideas. Which came first-Christ or the law? I am not trying to be facetious in any way and I also am not trying to ask in an "I know" kind of attitude. The answer to that question is extremely important. I do believe that Satan has access to certain laws. Not sure about the condemnation part, just because we are told that God will allow Satan "to tempt them and to try them". I'll ponder that one, but in light of what I have been studying about Satan's power and God's power, it doesn't seem to fit. I guess it depends on how you define "in the wrong manner".
I'm just curious. Do you believe that all the power of the universe comes from a neutral source and that it's how we use this power and our intentions that decide if it is good or bad?
Last edited by ndjili on November 26th, 2010, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.