Need recommendations for battling energy healers

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Finrock
captain of 1,000

Re: Need recommendations for battling energy healers

Post by Finrock »

Jonesy1982 wrote: June 11th, 2017, 11:57 pm I didn't read through all the posts, but want to share my two cents. So, I apologize if I overlap.

A few years back, I met with someone whom many on here would recognize. I met up with this person at a friend's house with their permission, as I lived in a different state at the time and I was up there with family anyways. I wanted to know for myself. So, it all began with conversation and asking about what it was that I wanted healed. I did feel kind of weird because it was all new. The person had a way to find out my problems via certain signs that was obtained. Then it got a little more excited in nature, and calling out evil spirits were made and stuff got weirder. It didn't work. You know, I'll even admit that maybe it was me or even my wife that just could not make this work because of the manner of things, but looking ahead, I'm going to make better use of this method:
Words of Joseph Smith:

What is the sign of the healing of the sick? the laying on of hands, is the sign or way marked out by James14 & the custom of the ancient saints as ordered by the Lord & we should not obtain the blessing by pursuing any other course except the way which God has markd out. What if we should attempt to get the Holy Ghost through any other means except the sign or way which God hath appointed should we obtain it certainly not all other means would fail The Lord says do so & so & I will bless so & so their is certain key words15 & signs belonging to the priesthood which must be observed in order to obtain the blessings
I think if we really used and understood the priesthood as it is meant to, all these other methods would be seen as far inferior to whatever degree they work.

And just another story for what it's worth:

On my mission I heard of an elder who had a bad knee. It was getting really bad. One day he came across some miracle healer, and the man apparently healed the elder on the spot. The elder didn't understand how this could be. He went to the mission president which, after hearing of the miracle healer, cast out a devil in him. After doing so, the elder's bad knee was back and had to be sent home for recovery or something. The devil only made the illusion that he was healed and actually made the knee worse.

I only relate this story to illustrate that Satan can deceive by performing healings by illusion. And they can hurt us in more diverse ways than just physically.

From all the things I read in the scriptures, I have two understandings as far as miracle healings. One is that if done by faith healings, they involve prayer or His angels. The other is that if there is some administrator involved, it will involve priesthood authority.
You story from your mission sounded familiar, so I looked it up, and it appears to be a Mormon myth.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=39515&hilit=missio ... 00#p739026

-Finrock

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Need recommendations for battling energy healers

Post by JohnnyL »

Jonesy1982 wrote: June 11th, 2017, 11:57 pm And just another story for what it's worth:

On my mission I heard of an elder who had a bad knee. It was getting really bad. One day he came across some miracle healer, and the man apparently healed the elder on the spot. The elder didn't understand how this could be. He went to the mission president which, after hearing of the miracle healer, cast out a devil in him. After doing so, the elder's bad knee was back and had to be sent home for recovery or something. The devil only made the illusion that he was healed and actually made the knee worse.

I only relate this story to illustrate that Satan can deceive by performing healings by illusion. And they can hurt us in more diverse ways than just physically.
Seeing as how this has happened in about 100 missions, so far...

Even our mission rumors claimed to have different instigators, I met a few who said so.