Letter from First Pres'y read in Sacrament Meeting today

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Arimathea
captain of 10

Re: Letter from First Pres'y read in Sacrament Meeting today

Post by Arimathea »

Whatever is going to be used for good, will also be used for evil ... Satan tries to adulterate everything and claim it as his own. Joseph however, taught to find truth wherever it is ... and I believe all cultures, have pieces of truth. Our church does not have the monopoly on truth. God loves all his children and will give all his children a portion of truth. We become very prideful thinking that we are the covenant people and that we are somehow more chosen then his other children. We are becoming like the sadducees and Pharisees of Jesus' time. It may be true that we have the ordinances, but that just means we have more responsibility and accountability than others. It does not mean, in any sense of the word, that we are more choice than others. Joseph also taught that everything is "energy" ... when we understand that, and that prayer is "energy" and "healing" and that anyone, absolutely anyone, can offer up a prayer for healing without having a priesthood blessing for a prayer is all about faith. Yes I believe in priesthood, and yes I have done many a blessing ... When questioned about the propriety of women laying hands on the sick to heal, what do you think Joseph Smith’s response was?

“someone apparently reported to Joseph that the women were laying their hands on the sick and blessing them. His reply to the question of the propriety of such acts was simple. He told the women in the next meeting “there could be no evil in it, if God gave his sanction by healing.., there could be no more sin in any female laying hands on the sick than in wetting the face with water.” He also indicated that there were sisters who were ordained to heal the sick and it was their privilege to do so. “If the sisters should have faith to heal,” he said, “let all hold their tongues.”6

But that’s not all. Let’s look at subsequent prophets discussing the practice. Brigham Young said to mothers,

“It is the privilege of a mother to have faith and to administer to her child; this she can do herself, as well as sending for the Elders to have the benefit of their faith.”

So, do Mormon women hold the priesthood?

On 8 August 1880, John Taylor’s address on “The Order and Duties of the Priesthood” reaffirmed that women “hold the Priesthood, only in connection with their husbands, they being one with their husbands.”
http://www.wheatandtares.org/2333/mormo ... blessings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So is energy work the work of the devil? Is energy of the devil? As I stated in the beginning, anything that is used for good will also be used for evil ... God knows the intents of our hearts and minds ... He is in control and I leave it to God to judge the hearts of anyone who uses their gifts of energy healing to bless the life of another .... There are many good teachings in all cultures ... don't be afraid to embrace truth wherever truth is. The last thing we want to become is a Pharisee or Sadducee ... we want to be meek and humble servants of the Most High God and take our counsel and direction from him and none other.

Ceraniw09
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Ceraniw09 »

What are y'all's thoughts on The Emotion Code/The Body Code by Dr. Bradley Nelson. I started reading his book and it seems like a good thing. He is LDS and says to always pray for the spirit before you attempt any energy work and by doing so, you use the Lord's power instead of Satan's. Am I just being fooled by another soothe sayer? Hubby thinks I am but I'm not sure and I tend to be more spiritually minded than my husband. Thoughts? New age or the gift of healing?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Great thing. Have a session done, you'll find out for yourself.

Etana
captain of 10

Post by Etana »

I use the Emotion Code book all the time in my energy work. It is amazing, and have released so many negative stored emotions from people, including myself! I say if it resonates with your spirit, utilize it! :)

richalger
Hi, I'm new.

Post by richalger »

I took the Landmark Forum course in May 2015. I am still doing the 10 seminar follow up sessions they offer to help retain it. I took the advanced course in July 2015. What I offer here is from my perspective and how I have gotten my training from Landmark and in context with my understanding of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

http://richalger.blogspot.com/2015/08/m ... dmark.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;