Sleep Paralysis or Dark Spiritual Encounter.....You Decide!

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Lincoln Wolffe
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Dark Spiritual Encounter.....You Deci

Post by Lincoln Wolffe »

Yes, as you described, I also have experienced Sleep Paralysis. It is the forces of evil which we deal with on a daily basis. There is no reason to fear, for we must fight them even now, as we fought them before we arrived. Best wishes my friend.

zpedroza10
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Dark Spiritual Encounter.....You Decide!

Post by zpedroza10 »

Crazy!
Last edited by zpedroza10 on October 16th, 2017, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

Librium wrote:***Disclaimer*** Im going to re-post this post with this statement... My intent and purpose for this post is to ask a question about a particular type of experience that I and many others have encountered. I dont pretend to be all knowledgeable about these types of things, and I dont fear discussing them on the basis of coming to a simple conclusion as to what it might be, or the meaning behind them. If these types of things make you uncomfortable, please back out of this thread and dont participate in it.

I was exhausted from a previous night of parties and late night fun. Not always being an active church member, I treated my body fairly poor. I decided to rest on the casting couch at the small locally run TV station I was working at at the time. I fell fast asleep....my exhausted mind quickly plunging deep into REM. It began as a typical dream. I was walking through the store watching people as they walked by. Suddenly 2 men looked at me and their eyes got very dark. One of them shoved his hand over my mouth so forcefully that it brought me to the ground. They both looked over me with their dark eyes as panic rushed through my body....and then I woke up. But the nightmare...had only begun. As I lay on the couch at the TV station (I was the only one there at the time), I felt a presence. Its dark and damning presence was strong and sure. It pressed on my chest and i was unable to move. My mind felt as if it were being scrambled as I fumbled for the words to rebuke a spirit. I felt my heart racing as a mix of panic and claustrophobia surged through me. And then the voices...I could not believe how audible they were. Whispering and even speaking near my ears. I was unable to look up at them because of the invisible restraint that had surrounded me. I would say, 2 or 3 distinct voices. They sounded as though they were in constant movement. One of them even said my name loudly in my ear. Some of it was just ramblings that I didnt understand. And much of it I understood clearly, but will not repeat it to this day as I felt it was meant to be a psychological attack on me. For what felt like longer, but I estimate to be about 1 to 1.5 minutes I received this barrage of vocal and physical torment. It was so mind numbingly terrifying, that I forgot to pray. Panic mode does that to a person. When my mind finally was able to make sense of the possibility that I was being attacked by something...not mortal....then I was able to pray for this thing to stop. Slowly I felt the pressure leave my chest, I could breath freely again. The voices stopped. It was quiet again and I was physically drained from the experience. Laying there on the couch, wanting to get up and leave that place before it returned. I finally felt I had enough strength to get up off the couch and moved my legs to the floor. However, when I looked at my legs they did not move. I sat there stunned, as looked at my legs resting up on the couch, yet I felt as if I were sitting up. Then, in what felt like a split second, I was moving into different areas of the TV station with a mere thought. I was momentarily aware of everything around me in 356 degrees. Not limited by mortal vision, but completely aware of what was behind me as if I was looking right at it. Yet I was also aware of what was in front at the same time. As fast as thought, my eyes would focus on anything in any direction. I again felt a feeling of panic come over me as this was not a normal feeling. I thought of my body that I saw lying on the couch in the studio, suddenly I was there, sitting as I was before. I instinctively laid back down and waited, I am guessing another 30 seconds to a minute. Its difficult to describe, but a slight tingling sensation filled my body. I finally wiggled my foot, and to my relief, my foot moved. I moved my legs from off the couch, stood up, and got out of there as fast as I could...forever pondering those brief moments of time.

NOW HERE"S THE QUESTION... Was this what my mind perceived it to be? A spiritual attack by some unknown, unseen force? OR, was it something that the medical and science world calls "Sleep Paralysis"? I have had other encounters that were similar, but none as terrifying as this one. And this was the only time I experienced the "out of body" experience. For years I believed that I was attacked. After all, I was not going to church, I was drinking and partying and abusing my body and mind, so it would seem perfectly logical that I would leave myself susceptible to attacks from the dark side. And further, since I have become strong in the church again, for many years...I have never had another experience since.

As time went on, I sort of lost the belief that I had been attacked by some sort of demon. I heard of many similar experiences like it, and they all had similar symptoms of this "Sleep Paralysis" episode. Even Wikipedia gives a very close description of what I felt. Check it out here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It made sense that I had sleep deprived myself to the point of triggering these hallucinations, and now that my life is in order and I sleep a more regular schedule...it doesn't happen anymore. Or is that really what it is? Before they stopped altogether, I had a blessing. And I have not always trusted the explanations of science. We hear of things like Alien abductions. Are people really being abducted by aliens? Or is this just sleep paralysis? Only the dreamers subconscious has attached an alien to their experience instead of a demon or ghost? That would make sense to for a non believer in religion or spirits to put something else of belief, like an extraterrestrial being, in place of that component that they don't believe. There are many of the same symptoms, and many experiences that I have read are very similar. Poking and prodding, dark scary eyes, feelings of being restrained, out of body experiences, missing time... its all there.

If you have had an experience like this, I would like to hear about it and your opinion as to what YOU think it is.
A certain level of sleep paralysis is part of the steps to achieving astral projection, which it seems you had. Astral projection can open you up to psychic entities or energies, good or bad. So it doesn't have to be an either/or question of sleep paralysis vs. demonic encounter. It can be both. Sleep paralysis, as a gateway toward astral projection, can theoretically leave you open to that kind of assault if you are unprepared.

Hopefull
captain of 50

Post by Hopefull »

Not sleep paralysis but I had an experience once when I know I was under attack by Satan. I was dreaming that I had come out of a mall and a man had asked for what I had. I shared some with him but he became angry, turned into something evil and attacked me. He wanted all of what I had. He hit me in the arm so forcefully that I felt it and it woke me instantly. I physically felt pain like I had been shocked on my arm. My first thought was remembering that I had cracked my kids windows open earlier, so I ran as fast as I could to shut them so that nothing could get in. As soon as I did that though I knew it was too late and they were already in my home. I ran back to my bed as evil spirits filled my room. I raised my hand to the square and commanded that they leave. I did it again in the name of Jesus Christ a little more forcefully and I watched as Stripling type warriors came into my home and forced them out of my house. They actually fought. They pushed the evil spirits out of my house and continued to fight in the back yard for a few moments until they were all gone. The next morning I could still feel the sore spot on my arm and asked my bishop for a blessing at church.

I hesitated to even read all of the posts on this thread, not wanting to encourage any more experiences in my own life. But as I thought of my experience, I realized that had someone not told me about raising my arm and casting satan out, I would never have known and possibly suffered more. I also realized that I am loved so much by my Father In Heaven that He would send an army to save me. That's a good thing. Satan can only win if we allow him to.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Dark Spiritual Encounter.....You Deci

Post by kennyhs »

shadow wrote:
SmallFarm wrote: My dad had a similar experience when he was young except instead of a man made out of smoke he saw a man that looked kinda like bigfoot but covered in hair made out of silver tinsel.
That sure describes Mark, the tinsel gives it away :lol:
:)) :))