Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it safe?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Re: Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it saf

Post by Rosabella »

JulesGP wrote:.
Thanks for sharing your ex-husbands story. Was he LDS at the time?

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

katmr

It is great to hear you are on the path to being re-baptized that is wonderful! I love April 6th that is why I chose that to be the day I got my endowments ;) If it works out great, if not any day is a GREAT day to be baptized :)

Life can be a path of twist and turns ones we never would expect. The key is to keep coming back to Father no matter what and submitting to His will and all will be well.

From what you have written you really do seem to understand the dangers of Astral Project and other aspects of the New Age. Thank you so much for sharing your personal story it really helps give deeper understanding to others that have not had experience with it.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

JulesGP wrote:
Rosabella wrote:
JulesGP wrote:.
Thanks for sharing your ex-husbands story. Was he LDS at the time?
Yes you said that very nicely ;) I was just curious. I have seen it both in and out side of the Church. I like to get a pulse on how much it is done within the Church. Thank you for answering :)

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

Thank you so much Rosabella, NoGreaterLove and Kathyn for your encouragement and words of support. It has definitely been a terrible road traveled but I am forever grateful for a way back. I have learned many important lessons although I wish I could go back and do things differently. I've always been grateful for the atonement but I've felt it on a whole new level. I know first hand what it feels like to be bound by the chains of hell. The spiritual pain and suffering was so great that it affected my physical body with pains, nausea, fatigue, shakiness etc. There were many times when I would have chosen death because the weight of the sin upon me was so horrible and I didn't know if I could do it anymore. The amazing part is, these were were the weight of my sins only and the pain of those were too much for me to bear and yet the Savior suffered for all men. The atonement is beyond comprehension and it is truly a miracle. These pains have since been taken from me by my Savior after much pleading in prayer, fasting and doing all I can do. I am now looking forward to the day of my re-baptism. It's amazing how each passing day can feel like an eternity waiting for something so important but it's something I would work towards and wait forever for if I had to.

I've heard stories of people astral projecting or even meditating into a different state and seeing and/or conversing with who they believe to be angels or heavenly messengers but I feel if they tried these 'spirits' to know whether they be of God or some other source as we are taught, may find themselves to be in a horrible predicament. This is definitely a time of war over the spirits of men. Satan knows he hasn't much time left and he well lead people off the path or onto strange paths in any way that he can. I never imagined I would be in the position that I am today but I am trying with everything I have to fight my way back onto the gospel path. I know it is true and I am eternally thankful for it. Thank you again so much for your support and encouragement. I am thankful for each day that I have to repent and try to become a better person.

digdug
Hi, I'm new.

Post by digdug »

I've read a little on Astral Projection, I've never done it but don't really see what the hype is about. A good link is to Jerry Gross http://www.searchandprove.org/
What I understand is when someone astral projects to spy on others or tries to do harm to another human being, or uses it for evil purposes that person attracts the same kind of beings to them and the projection is bad and dark. Very similar to how a person lives, thinks and acts. When you think bad thoughts, commit bad acts, inflict harm or pain on another’s life, a bad spirit inflict or be with you. I'm just going off what I've read I'm no expert in any means on this subject.
Out of curiosity I would like to see where the church or authorities of the church have addressed this because I've never seen anything from the church on this topic.

digdug
Hi, I'm new.

Post by digdug »

JulesGP wrote:
digdug wrote:I've read a little on Astral Projection, I've never done it but don't really see what the hype is about. A good link is to Jerry Gross http://www.searchandprove.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What I understand is when someone astral projects to spy on others or tries to do harm to another human being, or uses it for evil purposes that person attracts the same kind of beings to them and the projection is bad and dark. Very similar to how a person lives, thinks and acts. When you think bad thoughts, commit bad acts, inflict harm or pain on another’s life, a bad spirit inflict or be with you. I'm just going off what I've read I'm no expert in any means on this subject.
Out of curiosity I would like to see where the church or authorities of the church have addressed this because I've never seen anything from the church on this topic.
Yes, I did read the thread. Let me recap. Rosabella had a predetermined opinion on Astra projection, she "researched" it to prove her opinion, quoted an unnamed GA, recanted a story from her past. She concluded that all LDS should agree with her "opinion". Then someone quoted an Ozzy song, I didn’t see a quote directly from him saying that's what the song is about. Some talk tape was discussed. Someone allowed their emotions to get in way and the forum lost this person as a member. I added my opinion to the bunch and that is all we've had, opinions. Not that there is anything wrong with any statement anyone has said. It has been a good discussion with no concluding concrete evidence for or against it.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

digdug wrote:
digdug wrote:I've read a little on Astral Projection, I've never done it but don't really see what the hype is about. A good link is to Jerry Gross http://www.searchandprove.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I did read the thread. Let me recap. Rosabella had a predetermined opinion on Astra projection, she "researched" it to prove her opinion, quoted an unnamed GA, recanted a story from her past. She concluded that all LDS should agree with her "opinion". Then someone quoted an Ozzy song, I didn’t see a quote directly from him saying that's what the song is about. Some talk tape was discussed. Someone allowed their emotions to get in way and the forum lost this person as a member. I added my opinion to the bunch and that is all we've had, opinions. Not that there is anything wrong with any statement anyone has said. It has been a good discussion with no concluding concrete evidence for or against it.
Its also called remote viewing....and the intelligence agencies have been using it for decades.

CONFESSIONS OF A MORMON PSYCHIC SPY - What My Seven Years as a Government Remote Viewer Taught Me About the Gospel
http://www.mormonrv.com/mormon01.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I read David Morehouse (former LDS) account in his book Psychic Warrior in 1997....I thought it was ironic that he was excommunicated whilst in the midst of his involvement. I don't know much about Paul Smith.

Paul's comments on David -
http://www.remoteviewer.org/remoteviewing/psmith.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

digdug
Hi, I'm new.

Post by digdug »

Its also called remote viewing....and the intelligence agencies have been using it for decades.

CONFESSIONS OF A MORMON PSYCHIC SPY - What My Seven Years as a Government Remote Viewer Taught Me About the Gospel
http://www.mormonrv.com/mormon01.html

I read David Morehouse (former LDS) account in his book Psychic Warrior in 1997....I thought it was ironic that he was excommunicated whilst in the midst of his involvement. I don't know much about Paul Smith.

Paul's comments on David -
http://www.remoteviewer.org/remoteviewing/psmith.htm[/quote]

This is just what I was looking for. Great Info! Thanks Mummy!!

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Isnt the separation of body and spirit called death? If your spirit left your body you would be technically dead unless it was by the power of God. This would be something God would decide, not the individual through his or her own will.

Astral Projection must be a satanic counterfeit where you are in a trance like state and lucifer allows you to see his realm. There is an interview with US ambassador and Maitreya disciple Wayne Petersen on You Tube and that's exactly what he says. He was taken into another realm, to Shamballa, which is lucifers HQ and initiated there.

Astral Projection is probably one way to become totally possessed by a satanic entity.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

LukeAir2008 wrote:Isnt the separation of body and spirit called death? If your spirit left your body you would be technically dead unless it was by the power of God. This would be something God would decide, not the individual through his or her own will.

Astral Projection must be a satanic counterfeit where you are in a trance like state and lucifer allows you to see his realm. There is an interview with US ambassador and Maitreya disciple Wayne Petersen on You Tube and that's exactly what he says. He was taken into another realm, to Shamballa, which is lucifers HQ and initiated there.

Astral Projection is probably one way to become totally possessed by a satanic entity.
Ex-intelligence agency (CIA, DIA, NSA, etc) folks claim its possible.....and have some wild stories like finding a Russian submarine and waking up throwing up salt water. Interesting stuff! Personally though, not something I would play with....I've had enough experiences such that I try to keep all that stuff at a distance.

Legacy
captain of 10

Post by Legacy »

Years ago, I started walking down the road of spirituality and some new age. I justified it that it was increasing my testimony, I was learning more "advanced" stuff then the regular members. I even tried some astral projection, but never got it to work. In the end, I saw the wool was over my eyes. I was not growing closer, but farther away from my Heavenly Father. It did nothing for my testimony. On top of all that, the money wasted on useless and dangerous materials. It was a simple question. Does it serve man or God?

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_of_Light

Well all one has to do is look up astral porjection and see just who is practicing it to see it is an occult practice and therefore something we should not mess with. The views and terminology are totally in line with the occult and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out. For me personally, the only people who practice it are Satanists and Wiccans (had a cousin become wiccan and her son became a satanist..also had a wiccan best friend in high school).

Oh and no one said Satan's miracles and counterfeits dont work. They are very real and do. Doesnt mean we should mess with them.
Quote:
We Can Be Deceived
Be ever on guard lest you be deceived by inspiration from an unworthy source. You can be given false spiritual messages. There are counterfeit spirits just as there are counterfeit angels. (See Moro. 7:17.) Be careful lest you be deceived, for the devil may come disguised as an angel of light.

The spiritual part of us and the emotional part of us are so closely linked that it is possible to mistake an emotional impulse for something spiritual. We occasionally find people who receive what they assume to be spiritual promptings from God, when those promptings are either centered in the emotions or are from the adversary.

Avoid like a plague those who claim that some great spiritual experience authorizes them to challenge the constituted priesthood authority in the Church. Do not be unsettled if you cannot explain every insinuation of the apostate or every challenge from the enemies who attack the Lord’s church. And we now face a tidal wave of that. In due time you will be able to confound the wicked and inspire the honest in heart.
Quote:
Following baptism, each of us had hands laid on our heads to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. If we are faithful, we can have His influence continually with us. Through Him, each of us can be blessed with certain spiritual powers called gifts of the Spirit. These gifts are given to those who are faithful to Christ. “All these gifts come from God, for the benefit of the children of God” (D&C 46:26).They help us know and teach the truths of the gospel. They will help us bless others. They will guide us back to our Heavenly Father. To use our gifts wisely, we need to know what they are, how we can develop them, and how to recognize Satan’s imitations of them.
Satan Imitates the Gifts of the Spirit
• How can we discern between the true gifts of the Spirit and Satan’s imitations?

Satan can imitate the gifts of tongues, prophecy, visions, healings, and other miracles. Moses had to compete with Satan’s imitations in Pharaoh’s court (see Exodus 7:8–22). Satan wants us to believe in his false prophets, false healers, and false miracle workers. They may appear to be so real to us that the only way to know is to ask God for the gift of discernment. The devil himself can appear as an angel of light (see 2 Nephi 9:9).

Satan wants to blind us to the truth and keep us from seeking the true gifts of the Spirit. Mediums, astrologers, fortune tellers, and sorcerers are inspired by Satan even if they claim to follow God. Their works are abominable to the Lord (see Isaiah 47:12–14; Deuteronomy 18:9–10). We should avoid all associations with the powers of Satan.

Mullenite
captain of 1,000

Post by Mullenite »

Every person who desires and strives to be a Saint is closely watched by fallen spirits that came here when Lucifur--- fell, and by the spirits of wicked persons who have been here in tabernacles and departed from them. . . . Those spirits are never idle; they are watching every person who wishes to do right, and are continually prompting them to do wrong.

7:239 http://www.journalofdiscourses.org/volume-7/

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Mullenite wrote:Every person who desires and strives to be a Saint is closely watched by fallen spirits that came here when Lucifur--- fell, and by the spirits of wicked persons who have been here in tabernacles and departed from them. . . . Those spirits are never idle; they are watching every person who wishes to do right, and are continually prompting them to do wrong.

7:239 http://www.journalofdiscourses.org/volume-7/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...fix your link since you aren't around anymore to do it yourself...
I know very well that, whether we are active or not, the invisible spirits are active. And every person who desires and strives to be a Saint is closely watched by fallen spirits that came here when Lucifer fell, and by the spirits of wicked persons who have been here in tabernacles and departed from them, but who are still under the control of the prince of the power of the air. Those spirits are never idle; they are watching every person who wishes to do right, and are continually prompting them to do wrong. This makes it necessary for us to be continually on our guard—makes this probation a continual warfare. We do not expect to be idle. The individual that obtains a celestial kingdom will never be idle in the flesh. It is a spiritual warfare. He contends against the spirits of darkness and against the workers of iniquity, and wars all the day long against his own passions that pertain to fallen man. It is therefore necessary that the people speak often one with another, encourage each other in every good word and work, sustain every one in every good act, operate against every evil act, and continue so to do through life.
http://journalofdiscourses.com/7/37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Re: Astral Projection What is it ? Is it ok to do? Is it safe?

Post by zionminded »

Just because the occult practices it, doesn't mean it's evil in all forms.

What do you think Paul meant when he said "whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell".

What do you think meditation is for? Relaxation?

PROPERLY trained AND always Christ centered, a form of spiritual travel is 100% doable. However a few steps are required, and include seeking divide protection, asking for divine and only authorized beings from God to guide you and interact with you only. You must also ask Father if you can, you should, and if its right to do it now. You must clear out all your junk, because you take all that with you, and you don't want to attract bad energy. You cannot do it for selfish or self-centered reasons. And with all that, you must carry the gift of discernment with you, so you avoid lower "astrals", that really don't have your best interest in mind.. much like the people we interface with in this world.

And no, you won't learn about this in Sunday School, because its not essential for salvation, nor is it a part of the Telestial church's role.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Who does the training? How do you Christ center spiritual travel?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Astral projection might be a small thing; Yogis practice multiple bodies.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

JohnnyL wrote:Astral projection might be a small thing; Yogis practice multiple bodies.
Can u explain more, pls? Why would they do this and how?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Read stories about yogis, Buddhist monks, Tibetan monks, etc.--there's some interesting stuff out there still!

I'd have to do some searches, but right now I can tell you the yogi stories are in a famous yogi book (older), the Tibetan things are in a famous Tibet memoir (older), and for Buddhist monks, go to Thailand and take the tour.

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

Fact: There is no official statement from the General Authorities on astral projection.

My opinion: There are a lot of people here who are afraid of the hidden or unknown (occult). I see many seem to have what I am going to call the "counterfeit disease," which is calling everything that they are not familiar with a counterfeit of something from God.

People - if your body or mind has an ability to do something - it is God-given.

Astral projection is such an ability. For many, it comes naturally, almost without trying. For most, it doesn't, but it can be learned. It is merely a psychic ability of the powers of your mind.

Are there potential dangers? Yes, but there are potential dangers with anything.

I personally think that the stories about demon possession while in the astral state are a little hyped up. I'm not saying that they don't exist and aren't real, just I think they're a little blown out of proportion, based on my reading. I think when you astral travel, part of what happens is what you are looking for, and also what you have prepared or not prepared yourself for. There are safeguards and measures that can be taken to guard against such things.

As with all things, seek the Lord's counsel in personal prayer before you go too deep into such things, of course. But for people to utterly condemn it who have never tried it or know little about it is ignorance.

I myself have attempted it a few times. I think I did get to a beginning state, felt some of the symptoms of the detachment phase, but didn't get past that.

Your mind is an incredible tool that is capable of amazing things. They are God-given powers. It's my opinion that if God personally approves of what you're doing in answer to your prayers for guidance, and that if he is with you, then you may proceed to open and explore such a miraculous ability.

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

Mullenite wrote:Every person who desires and strives to be a Saint is closely watched by fallen spirits that came here when Lucifur--- fell, and by the spirits of wicked persons who have been here in tabernacles and departed from them. . . . Those spirits are never idle; they are watching every person who wishes to do right, and are continually prompting them to do wrong.

7:239 http://www.journalofdiscourses.org/volume-7/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
True, and that is important to be aware of - but are you suggesting we live in a paralyzed state of fear?

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

Legacy wrote:Years ago, I started walking down the road of spirituality and some new age. I justified it that it was increasing my testimony, I was learning more "advanced" stuff then the regular members. I even tried some astral projection, but never got it to work. In the end, I saw the wool was over my eyes. I was not growing closer, but farther away from my Heavenly Father. It did nothing for my testimony. On top of all that, the money wasted on useless and dangerous materials. It was a simple question. Does it serve man or God?
You have to be careful any time you start spending time and energy investigating additional things that are for your benefit that are outside of the gospel basics. You have to be careful so that those things don't supplant the gospel (as can easily be the tendency), but instead intertwine with it to enrich your life. It's all about how you go about it.

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

p51-mustang wrote:Rock 34, if you want to experiment with occult practices, then good luck. I am just puzzled that any latter day saint would think astral projection has anything to do with true religion. :?
Because Brigham Young said that all truth belongs to Mormonism, and because Joseph Smith said that "if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

:|
Last edited by Magus on January 1st, 2016, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Magus,
After reading your comments, I have to give my current (maybe warped) opinion--when Zion is built, the normal people who are scared of everything but the priesthood (and even then) won't be contributing to the real core of building it, just living in it. That will be left to those who understand that there's a lot more out there that can (and must?) be used, especially in the future. Typical Westernism won't be able to accomplish it--it's become too diluted, too distorted, too polluted. There will be huge paradigm shifts that will shock many LDS. For example, if you rely on Western medicine, you will easily die in the coming days (unless you have a miracle)--I give as my opinion that Zion's healthcare will not be based on it. Etc.

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

That's an interesting viewpoint. I don't know what Zion will be like except that I'm pretty sure it won't be like Utah. ;)

Yes, there will absolutely be major paradigm shifts in the Church. That's kind of a must-happen kind of thing for Zion to be built in the first place.

Being scared of things does hold a person back spiritually. Ultimately, spiritual development means coming out of your comfort zone. Building Zion will require people come out of their comfort zones on a number of levels. As to how much a new understanding regarding esotericism or other psychic or holistic things will be a part of that, I don't know, but I know that coming to understand the temple more deeply involves getting your feet wet in such things and broadening ones study outside of just the general authorities and the 4 standard works.