Stupidity

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Stupidity

Post by lundbaek »

In many of the posts here I note the word "stupid" and a couple of synonyms used to describe people who I don't believe are necessarily stupid. Granted, 50% of any people are at or below average intelligence, but there are plenty of highly intelligent people (like all of us...) who for whatever reasons do not see some of the things we see, or are focused elsewhere to one degree or another, or blinded by whatever. I work with people who, if pushed to the wall, would say all of us here are stupid for spending time on the issues wwe discuss here. I don't think we are, obviously. The best and perhaps most credible example for others deliberately blinded/deceived that I can give is the USN Admiral and the USA General who were accused of dereliction of duty for allowing the Japanese to so successfully clobber Pearl Harbour. They were brilliant men, one a graduate of the US Naval Academy and the other of Virginia Military Institute. They had to be sharp to get to where they were on 12/07/41. I did a lot of study of and investigation into reports of events leading up to the attack, and was impressed with the deception that elements in the US FedGov and military employed to convince the 2 commanders on Hawaii that their forces were in no emminent danger of attack. I've talked with 1st and 2nd generation decendants of the Navy commander who was deceived, and with the wife a man who to protect his wife kept his mouth shut about what he knew before the attack. She let me read an affiddavit he wrote to be released after his death. And others have uncovered additonal evidences of foreknowledge of the attack. So successful was the cover-up that even today most Americans think the Japanese pulled off a surprise. Far from it. I think the same applies today. Many brilliant people are being deceived by the Latter Day Gadiantons. Call them deceived or misguided, but not stupid.

My point is, I think we should not consider ourselves or other people stupid because they don't have or see all the dots to connect.

Stephen
captain of 1,000

Post by Stephen »

I agree.

One major ill of our society is how flippant we are with our speech...and mislabeling things. Perhaps in an attempt to sensationalize our feelings for the most dramatic effect we throw out "stupid" or "hate" or "love" or other such words. It is best to say what you mean...and mean what you say. Often after such words are said...if repeated back to the person that said them...they might hear them and realize they were too extreme...and remedy the missaplied word with one that more correctly says what they mean.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

This post is so stupid, I hate it! I just love that you are insinuating that....

Okay enough sarcasm for humors sake. I will repent later when I realize that sarcasm is satan's tool and it matters enough to me.

I too think that in our society words have lost their meaning and our ability to communicate has become severely compromised. It is like we all speak our own dialect.

Here's to looking forward to the Adamic language! And for mercy and understanding until then.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Re: Stupidity

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

8)

J
captain of 50

Re: Stupidity

Post by J »

[...]