karate lady tie break

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

karate lady tie break

Post by sushi_chef »

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: karate lady tie break

Post by Silver »

For those that can't understand what's going on, it is roof tile (not tie) that is being broken.

kiai is a wonderful thing.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

bhihihi, bwhahaha... looks like demonstration tiles arent the same as regular ones/ roof tiles( right, not tie). :-B

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

This reminds me of many years ago, my sensei went to one of the local brick suppliers to pick up some pavers that we used for breaking competitions.

The pavers are 8" x 16" x 2.5" thick. We had them cut lengthwise so each break was 4" x 16" x 2.5". The workers said they didn't believe they could be broken and said they felt we would somehow weaken them before attempting to break them. The worker that did the cuts said that if my sensei could break a single one, right then with nothing else done, he got the entire lot free of charge. Needless to say, we got them for free.

Pavers are definitely not easy. I knew plenty of strapping young men who could never break a single - and it's painful and possibly a serious injury if you fail. Boards are super easy, and are used more to build confidence than anything else. Literally most elementary school kids with about 10 minutes of instruction could break boards. But pavers, cinder blocks, etc. those take some talent, if they have not been fiddled with.