astrology - - city of enoch - - venus

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

astrology - - city of enoch - - venus

Post by sushi_chef »

supposedly it is true that a heavenly body taken from the earth for city of enoch people, zion, is the planet venus as being said by eliza;

"You have read about the City of Enoch, that was taken up bodily? Well, That's the planet VENUS! Joseph Smith said (according to his plural wife Eliza R. Snow, as reported in Charles Lowell Walker's diary report about a conversation he had with her in 1881) that the earth was ninety times smaller now than it was when created. So, it MUST BE that part of it was taken away - when Enoch's city was taken? - of course! - and became the planet Venus. Wow! "
http://www.lds-mormon.com/planets.shtml

then probably true that planetary influences to human affairs/interactions can be interpreted astrologically,

"33 And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold,they are without affection, and they hate their own blood;" (moses 7)

venus influences : a person's perception of relationship, affection, emotion, pleasure etc

even as brigham thought true,

"...President Young askes Wm. W Phelps if Asstrology is true. Phelps says I dont know. BY. Brother Woodruff write that down. This is the first thing that I ever heard off but what Brother Phelps knew. He says he dont know any thing about Asstrology. But I believe it is true. so is Mesmerism or there is true principles in it.
"
Wilford Woodruff journal(1857/6/28)
:-B