John the Baptist \ Elijah reincarnation ??!!??!!

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

John the Baptist \ Elijah reincarnation ??!!??!!

Post by sushi_chef »

"A little history regarding Section 110 is in order. Many assume today that Joseph and Oliver shared this sacred experience with others after having it on April 3, 1836. This is simply not the case. This vision did not come to light until after Joseph, Oliver, and his brother, Warren were all deceased. The record we have was penned by Warren in the third person (D&C 110 is in the first person) in Joseph Smith’s journal. Following this event Joseph doesn’t make another journal entry until two years later in 1838! When he does it is in a completely new book-the previous journal being closed despite having additional pages left over. What gives? Joseph has just seen the Lord and 3 Old Testament prophets and he doesn’t tell anyone. How strange. You can read the original account here in the Joseph Smith papers.

When Brigham Young and his cohorts discovered the journal they published the account of the vision in the Deseret News on November 6, 1852. They must have realized that this event needed to be spun to support the “dispensation of the fulness of times” narrative which we have today. Section 110 (changed to the first person) was published in the 1876 version of the D&C, one year before Brigham’s death....

So the real mystery is WHEN DID ELIJAH CONVEY THE PRIESTHOOD BY HAND? What I am about to share was hard for me to believe at first. I had to dig into the scriptural evidence and cast off previous traditions of my fathers. I suggest you do the same by examining closely every evidence I am about to lay out for you that brought me to the following conclusion:

The Priesthood was conveyed to Joseph and Oliver by the hand of Elijah when they were ordained to the Priesthood that Aaron (Patriarchal Priesthood) by John the Baptist. The reason we can conclude it was the Patriarchal Priesthood is because of the all the spiritual blessings Joseph and Oliver received after being ordained — something that would not have attended an ordination under the Levitical (Aaronic) Priesthood which Joseph taught was only to administer cursings and not blessings.

In other words, John the Baptist is the reincarnation (transmigration) of Elijah the Tishbite.
"
https://onewhoissearching.com/2017/01/0 ... /#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
search.php?keywords=reincar*+elijah&ter ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:-B

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: John the Baptist \ Elijah reincarnation ??!!??!!

Post by Juliet »

He may have told those close to him, but maybe he didn't publish it because of the jealousy of the brethren or sisters around him. Persecution makes you think twice before saying something important. He did write about how he felt resigned to a life of swimming in deep water of persecution, some of which was due to the envy of man.

I don't why someone would go through all the trouble of receiving a body just to throw it away and get a new one. Spirits are permeable so Elijah's spirit can be in someone in a permeable fashion without him needing to be born into a whole new body of his own. I do like the discussion on reincarnation because we do link up to many people and perhaps know them spiritually because we permeated their body's on the telestial realm when they were alive, with permission of course.