NASA live stream - Earth From Space LIVE Feed | Incredible ISS live stream of Earth from space

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

NASA live stream - Earth From Space LIVE Feed | Incredible ISS live stream of Earth from space

Post by sushi_chef »

:-B

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: NASA live stream - Earth From Space LIVE Feed | Incredible ISS live stream of Earth from space

Post by Robin Hood »

CGI.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: NASA live stream - Earth From Space LIVE Feed | Incredible ISS live stream of Earth from space

Post by Silver »

Here's what's strange to me. The reason must be scientific...physics or some other subject that I now wish I had paid better attention to while a lad in school.

The International Space Station's current location: ( http://iss.astroviewer.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Ground point
50.25° South
16.34° East
Time
03:49:30 UTC
Orbital speed
4.760 miles / s
17135 mph
Altitude
261 miles from earth.

That's right. The ISS is only 261 miles from Earth now.

But the Japanese just launched a rocket with supplies going to the space station and look...
"It’ll take four days for the 12-ton cargo ship to catch up with the space station in orbit." ( http://www.geekwire.com/2016/japans-htv ... ion-cargo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Think of how fast the rocket must go to leave Earth's atmosphere...pretty fast, a technical term, is how fast. But then it takes that rocket 4 days to catch the ISS. I can go more than 261 miles in 4 days on my bicycle.

Wassup?!

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

sushi_ kinda found, in nihongo-domain,

"「こうのとり」はH-IIBロケットで打ち上げられた後、高度250km程度の軌道に投入されます。でも、そこからISSの軌道高度400kmまで一気に飛んでいくほどのエンジンも燃料も積めないので、通常5日ほどかけて高度をすこしずつ上げながら、ISSに近づいていくんです。
この期間をランデブ運用といいます。
"
lack of engine-size and fuel?, going up from 250km to 400km( iss) takes 5 days....space rendezvous maneuvering??

http://fanfun.jaxa.jp/topics/detail/5222.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

なるほど、了解しました。わかったが、それにしても結構時間がかかっちゃうな。

それに、距離250kmしかないのも、驚きですね。

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

250 km kinda earths surface?!
real space technology would be like....

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Is that for real?!

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Robin Hood wrote:CGI.
yep, yet again...

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

urrrr, looks a fake, but tr3b should be real....