When Life Has You Down

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

When Life Has You Down

Post by Lexew1899 »

You feel like the lizard some times...

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: When Life Has You Down

Post by larsenb »

Good Grief!! What a nightmare!

That is one beach I have no intention of getting within 100 miles of.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

The beach from Hell.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

This video sort of tells the story of my life. Anybody else?

I hate snakes. I really hate them.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

passionflower wrote:This video sort of tells the story of my life. Anybody else?

Recently I was at my dad's place in the woods trimming trees and pulling down parasitic vines. I made a big pile of branches, leaves, etc., intending to pick them up the next day. When I got to the bottom of the pile, there on the ground, 2.5 feet from my nose was an 18" long copperhead. Luckily, there was a piece of metal laying nearby which I picked up and proceeded to fram the life out of that snake. The only good snake is a ...

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

passionflower wrote:This video sort of tells the story of my life. Anybody else?

I'm with you on this.

If I ever get involved in any planet forming, there will be no snakes.
This is non-negotiable.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Robin Hood wrote:

I'm with you on this.

If I ever get involved in any planet forming, there will be no snakes.
This is non-negotiable.

If there are snakes in the Celestial Kingdom, I am simply NOT GOING in there!!!!!! And that goes for Spiders, too.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Silver wrote:

Recently I was at my dad's place in the woods trimming trees and pulling down parasitic vines. I made a big pile of branches, leaves, etc., intending to pick them up the next day. When I got to the bottom of the pile, there on the ground, 2.5 feet from my nose was an 18" long copperhead. Luckily, there was a piece of metal laying nearby which I picked up and proceeded to fram the life out of that snake. The only good snake is a ...

My hero! :)

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I agree, snakes are horrible creatures, but you do know that venom from some snakes is used in cures for diseases, with amazing results. If your curious look up healing venom, and didn't Joseph say something about snakes, as they were camped across from the Embarras River, "let them alone, don't hurt them! How will the Serpent ever lose his venom while the servants of G_d posess the same disposition, and continue to make war on it. Men must become harmless before the brute creation, and when men become harmless and lose their vicious dispositions, and cease to destroy the animal race, the lion and lamb can dwell together, and the sucking child can play with the Serpent in safety. There is another story regarding snakes, but you get the idea. They are a creature we just love to hate

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Older/wiser? wrote:I agree, snakes are horrible creatures, but you do know that venom from some snakes is used in cures for diseases, with amazing results. If your curious look up healing venom, and didn't Joseph say something about snakes, as they were camped across from the Embarras River, "let them alone, don't hurt them! How will the Serpent ever lose his venom while the servants of G_d posess the same disposition, and continue to make war on it. Men must become harmless before the brute creation, and when men become harmless and lose their vicious dispositions, and cease to destroy the animal race, the lion and lamb can dwell together, and the sucking child can play with the Serpent in safety. There is another story regarding snakes, but you get the idea. They are a creature we just love to hate

Well, if I was Emma Smith, and as Joseph and I were strolling down the road, we came across some snakes, and while I was screaming for his protection he pulled a line like that one up there on me, WOW :-o Would that ever be the end of our eternal relationship! All bets would be off, and while furiously packing my bags for PA, I would ask him if this scripture sort of "slipped his mind?"

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between they seed and her seed; it shall bruise they head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."