umm... "Joseph Smith: Inspired Author of Book of Mormon" translation ongoing

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

umm... "Joseph Smith: Inspired Author of Book of Mormon" translation ongoing

Post by sushi_chef »

" I know a person who is contacting the publisher, Signature Books, to get permission to translate R.M.Price's "Joseph Smith: Inspired Author of Book of Mormon" into Japanese. Hopefully, the work will be finished in the early part of next year.
 2016.11.03 (Update....
"
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/numano_2004/e/3fc ... 521beb7707" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
numano jiro
http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UTF ... jiro%20lds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sushi_ sees mr numano sensei(1943 - , lds byu-grad hp, retired college professor, above photo with a stake councilor et al) is an avid supporter of bom fiction theory and lds lgbt movement.
:-B

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: umm... "Joseph Smith: Inspired Author of Book of Mormon" translation ongoing

Post by Silver »

寿司シェフ

お疲れ様です。

ちょっとご確認させてください。沼野先生って、LGBT活動のサポーターですか。それにモルモン書がフィクションであると信じている、とか。

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Re: umm... "Joseph Smith: Inspired Author of Book of Mormon" translation ongoing

Post by sushi_chef »

urrrrrrrr, as far as, from readings of his blog-posts/comments-responses, one can fairly guessimate he is kinda convinced much bom is created by joseph, as for lgbt, he didnt say whether he is a lgbt person, probably he is a sympathizer/understander( like quoting/mentionning elder christoffersons ).
Last edited by sushi_chef on November 13th, 2016, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Pity.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Do you like Robert M. Price? He believes Jesus was a myth.. Sometimes I will listen to his Bible Geek podcast, he is very knowledgeable on the research on the origins of biblical text. Agree or disagree with his conclusions his love for bible scholarship does always come through.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

does sushi_ like him?? sushi_ does not know any about him....sushi_s english listening comprehension is pretty low grade.
probably scholars tend to love first any their knowledge based whatever.
sushi_ might comment this hearsay of mr price to numano senseis blog post.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I get that! He will use unfamiliar terms for me too .....I have to look up words at times myself :))