"Mormon and Gay"

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

"Mormon and Gay"

Post by sushi_chef »

"As a creative director for church public affairs, Rosas was asked to help design the church's latest campaign: a new section of its official website titled "Mormon and Gay." ....
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/25/livin ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"This time, they're calling it “Mormon and Gay.” Not two separate groups. One and the same. You can be gay while being Mormon, the new website says — as long as you don't have gay sex. “They're loved. They're supported....
"

http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UTF ... d%20gay%22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:-B

eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: "Mormon and Gay"

Post by eddie »

Or you can be a theif but don't steal, or a liar but don't lie, or an adulterer but don't cheat. God gave us commandments for our own good, I'm sure every person who chose His plan has a propensity for something that should not be acted upon.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I'm becoming more than a little uncomfortable with the church's direction regarding homosexuality and the gay agenda.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Robin Hood wrote:I'm becoming more than a little uncomfortable with the church's direction regarding homosexuality and the gay agenda.
Amen, brother.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Robin Hood wrote:I'm becoming more than a little uncomfortable with the church's direction regarding homosexuality and the gay agenda.
I'm not....yet. I think they've realized that the issue has become something that requires more tact. I'm fine with promoting kindness and compassion as long as they hold the line and call acting on those propensities a sin.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I trust our leaders.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

In what way? The directive is to show compassion and kindness to those who suffer with these temptations. I feel the Lord would approve. The church is not legitimizing homosexuality in any way by extending a hand of love and fellowship to those who might struggle in this area. We as Saints are to lift the hands that hang low and comfort the weak and afflicted. Offering Christ like service and support to those who struggle is part of the gospel. The Brethren have been more than clear of the need to live the law of chastity. Continued encouragement to keep striving to do so is a plus in my book.