No Sushi_Chef, the Clinton Foundation ex-CEO has NOT applied for asylum in Russia

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Patriot16
captain of 100

No Sushi_Chef, the Clinton Foundation ex-CEO has NOT applied for asylum in Russia

Post by Patriot16 »

This is just another in a long series of fake news stories Sushi_Chef has posted. Erik Braverman, the ex-CEO of the Clinton Foundation has NOT applied for asylum in Russia. No other news media are reporting this and it reads like something a conservative would like to read. BUT IT ISN'T TRUE.

I can understand that Trump's continued fall in the polls could unnerve and dishearten Trump supporters, but I don't think just pulling stuff like this out of conservatives butt-holes is going to stop the slide. Also don't your conservatives know that telling lies like this is a violation of the ten commandments?

Sushi_Chef, please don't post any more false news stories in this forum.

Patriot16

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: No Sushi_Chef, the Clinton Foundation ex-CEO has NOT applied for asylum in Russia

Post by Lizzy60 »

Patriot 16,

Unless you know Eric Braverman personally, and have talked to him in the past few days, there's really no way that you can say whether this report is true, somewhat true, or totally false. Just your gut instinct, unless you can tell us where your insider knowledge comes from.

Please stop trying to stifle free speech. It's fine if you want to say you don't agree, but asking sushi to stop posting things you don't agree with is not in the spirit of a Freedom forum.

Patriot16
captain of 100

Re: No Sushi_Chef, the Clinton Foundation ex-CEO has NOT applied for asylum in Russia

Post by Patriot16 »

Lizzy60 wrote:Patriot 16,

Unless you know Eric Braverman personally, and have talked to him in the past few days, there's really no way that you can say whether this report is true, somewhat true, or totally false. Just your gut instinct, unless you can tell us where your insider knowledge comes from.

Please stop trying to stifle free speech. It's fine if you want to say you don't agree, but asking sushi to stop posting things you don't agree with is not in the spirit of a Freedom forum.
Dear Lizzy60:

Our friend, Sushi_Chef, has a long history of posting false pro-conservative news items from web sites with an equally long history of making up their pro-conservative completely fraudulent news items. The last two just recently were the lie that Ohio discovered a cache of fraudulent Clinton ballots, for which I provided documentation which debunked that including a statement from the Republican Ohio Sec. of State, and the lie that George Soros admitted to rigging the election, for which I provided documentation which debunked it.

That means if Sushi_Chef posts it and it supports a conservative mindset, and displays improbable qualities, it's highly probably its a false news item designed to bolster the conservative mindset. Now if Sushi_Chef wants to express his (her?) opinion about something and labels that post as opinion, I have no problem with that. But posting false news items as factually true, is not free speech, it's flat out lying. Granted Sushi_Chef probably doesn't know the news items are fiction and chooses them because he wants them to be true. But we all have an at least minimal duty to the intelligence of our fellow forum participants to double check the stories and news items we post to make sure they're not fiction.

False news stories seldom make it to reputable news outlets because they have already checked the false news and found they are false and choose not to air them for fear of losing their reputations for being reliable. Well, none of the reputable news outlets, not even Fox News, are carrying this story. This now the second day for this item and if it were really true, I assure you that by now one or more of the reputable news outlets would have verified its veracity and would be carrying it. But not even the highly biased Fox is.

It's not stifling anyone's free speech to ask that news items not be false. It's reasonable to request the truth and to ask that false news stories not be posted.

Patriot16

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Patriot16 wrote:This is just another in a long series of fake news stories Sushi_Chef has posted. Erik Braverman, the ex-CEO of the Clinton Foundation has NOT applied for asylum in Russia. No other news media are reporting this and it reads like something a conservative would like to read. BUT IT ISN'T TRUE.

I can understand that Trump's continued fall in the polls could unnerve and dishearten Trump supporters, but I don't think just pulling stuff like this out of conservatives butt-holes is going to stop the slide. Also don't your conservatives know that telling lies like this is a violation of the ten commandments?

Sushi_Chef, please don't post any more false news stories in this forum.

Patriot16
Tell us, Patriot, just who died and made you forum administrator or even a moderator? The foul language in your post needs to go, Apparently you didn't read forum rules and make up your own. I'd say you have no clout here whatsoever. But your overbearing manner is getting on people's nerves.
Where are your sources saying Erik Braverman did not seek asylum in Russia.

Although not completely substantiated, here is a source saying Braverman did:

Now you prove he didn't.