Kenny hs willl be divorced soon.

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Kenny hs willl be divorced soon.

Post by kennyhs »

Anybody interested?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Re: Kenny hs willl be divorced soon.

Post by DesertWonderer »

May He support you during this time in your life.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

kennyhs wrote:Anybody interested?
I'm sorry. I know what it's like. It's hell on earth for a while. God bless you.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Don't get in a serious relationship for at least a year. It's like a rule. Trust me.

Edit: and don't even try to start any kind of relationship until your divorce is final.

Edit edit: Think of this time as your personal 40 day fast figuratively (obviously.) You'll be uncomfortable and alone and hungry for a new relationship but you're better off being introspective and strengthening your spirit. You'll be happier And make the future mrs Kenny hs happier by being the best you.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I think we are all interested in seeing you do the best for yourself.

Yes, it is a difficult time, and may last for a long time.
The best thing to do is get yourself in order. Get yourself in top condition. Take care of any things you have put off over the years. Concentrate on whatever goals or endeavors you had or did put aside during the marriage.
You will have to do a lot of things for yourself that were otherwise being taken care of in the marriage.
It will all make you a stronger person, and able to exist and thrive on your own, or go into a new relationship (after that one year) from a position of strength, not weakness.
Getting into a relationship from weakness can get you into worse trouble of all kinds.
At this time you are better off on your own. You just have to learn how to do it. Self reliance must be developed. That way you will be able to get into a new relationship after a year or more with someone you want to be involved with, not someone you need to be with.
dc

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

So very sorry, have a friend who is also waiting for the divorce to finish. It is like a death, but having seen some of your testimony of Christ I believe you will choose to survive in Him. Be content to endure the loss, allow time to heal you , and it will and trust Him , timing is everything. I have always respected your posts and will pray for your healing in Him . With warmest regards and sorrow in your suffering.

BYULAWGUY
captain of 50

Post by BYULAWGUY »

I am a divorce lawyer. Things don't always get easier. I tell all my clients that divorce is hard because there is no make up sex.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

kennyhs wrote:Anybody interested?
No thanks, I already have a wife.

Good luck.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

^let us just be all cavalier, and rub it in about what some of us have, and someone else is about to lose...

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

So sorry. This life can be pretty rough at times.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I'm sorry you are going through this.

Advice for now: when you get the moments that you feel you can't go on, ask yourself this, can I go on one more day? If the answer is no ask, can I go on one more hour? If the answer is no ask, can I go on one more minute? Just tell yourself yes on this one no matter what. And then breathe.

Breathe slowly and tell yourself, I only have to make it through this one minute/hour/day. I only have to make it through the next little while. Breathe in, breathe out.

We sometimes get caught up in feeling like we will be immersed in this torture forever. We look forward a year or two and feel like we are going to have to endure the pain all that time. But you don't. You only have to endure the next minute.

The idea of a distant man in a distant place suffering for your afflictions is not going to help you much at this point. Though we've been taught Jesus' atonement covers all pain, including hurts that aren't our fault, imagining Jesus suffering in the garden of Gethsemane for you probably isn't going to help. He didn't just suffer there and then. He is right next to you, right here, right now, and he's suffering with you. Trust that he is there for you.

Advice for later: someday when you've got through the worst of it, you are going to want to make some changes to ensure that you don't end up back in a similar situation or worse. Please keep in mind that many, many divorcee's end up in a second marriage that is worse than the first, even if they wait a while to remarry. When you are ready for remarriage, please consider the following advice.

Every single problem you face has two sides to it. You are responsible to some degree. This is very hard medicine to swallow but it is essential in order for you to eventually find happiness.

Take every hurt, every offense, every issue you have with your spouse's behavior and identify your part in it. Take it to the Lord. It's not easy for us to see our own part. But it's absolutely essential in order for any real change to take place. Otherwise you end up in a vicious circle that tends to lead to ever more hurtful situations.

You will be okay in the end. I promise.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Rachael wrote:^let us just be all cavalier, and rub it in about what some of us have, and someone else is about to lose...
Can't expect too much empathy from a robot

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

SmallFarm wrote:
Rachael wrote:^let us just be all cavalier, and rub it in about what some of us have, and someone else is about to lose...
I was being as tounge in cheek as he was being flippant about his divorce by putting himself back on the market before it is even finalized.

Maybe it is one of you two ladies who he hopes will be interested in him.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

paulrobots wrote:
SmallFarm wrote:
I was being as tounge in cheek as he was being flippant about his divorce by putting himself back on the market before it is even finalized.

Robot
You are all wrong. You have misinterpreted what Kenny was saying. He was feeling bad about this situation as you would expect anyone in that situation to be feeling, and wanted to know if there was anyone concerned with his suffering.
All of us are. We all know it's a difficult and painful time.
There was no "going back on the market" at all in that post.
dc

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

David13 wrote:
paulrobots wrote:
SmallFarm wrote:

Robot
You are all wrong. You have misinterpreted what Kenny was saying. He was feeling bad about this situation as you would expect anyone in that situation to be feeling, and wanted to know if there was anyone concerned with his suffering.
dc
Yes, I think you're right. I took it as him being flippant about his divorce and saying "anybody interested" with a wink and a smile, or else asking if anyone was interested in his ex-wife.

In my opinion, Kenny has not given enough details (he hasn't given any details) about the divorce to automatically feel sorry for him. For all I know he beat her up regularly and this is a good divorce and she is lucky to be rid of him. I don't think he did that, but without some more information I am not ready to jump on his pity party.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

paulrobots wrote:
David13 wrote:
paulrobots wrote:
SmallFarm wrote: Can't expect too much empathy from a robot

Robot
dc
Yes, I think you're right. I took it as him being flippant about his divorce and saying "anybody interested" with a wink and a smile, or else asking if anyone was interested in his ex-wife.

In my opinion, Kenny has not given enough details (he hasn't given any details) about the divorce to automatically feel sorry for him. For all I know he beat her up regularly and this is a good divorce and she is lucky to be rid of him. I don't think he did that, but without some more information I am not ready to jump on his pity party.
I know Kenny a bit better than many on this forum. I don't believe the first post was flippant. I believe it was just a carefully worded statement of a difficult life event with hope of some understanding. This forum can be a rough place to put yourself out there but then again, it's also a place where many feel they can find understanding friends.

Libertybelle2012
captain of 10

Post by Libertybelle2012 »

It is always sad and hard when hopes and dreams come to an end.
I am sorry for both you and your wife and children

Counsel: a lot of people have said you must wait a year. There is nothing that says you have to do that. What will make a difference is how you handle your divorce. If you drag her through the mud and tear your family apart by not being kind and fair to each other, if you make your divorce a public spectacle, if you put your children against your wife, then most certainly you will not be ready.

If you do the opposite and act in a Christ like way, then whatever the lord puts in your path, then you will be ready.

Act at all times as the Savior would have you do

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

paulrobots wrote:
David13 wrote:
paulrobots wrote:
SmallFarm wrote: Can't expect too much empathy from a robot

Robot
dc

Some of us do know a lot about the circumstances and thus are quite sympathetic. Knowing a bit about Kenny I can assure you that it is not a "pity party".
If you don't know the situation, maybe it's best you just stay out of it. You seem to be one "not interested", therefore it would be best if you post nothing about it.
dc

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

I think I remember an old post from kenny revealing he was really a she. But no matter, divorce is tough on both genders.

Thanks for the clarification Paul robots.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Rachael wrote:I think I remember an old post from kenny revealing he was really a she. But no matter, divorce is tough on both genders.

And I'm a he. hehe

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

I knew you were too cool to be a girl ;)

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Rachael wrote:I knew you were too cool to be a girl ;)
:)) Was that tongue in cheek or do you really think girls are uncool? :p

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Of course!
My tongue stays there... Like the book of James says, the tongue no man can tame, much less a woman.
I've divorced 3xs. None were easy as far as feelings go. They are like a death of a loved one in many ways. I need to do a fourth time since I haven't seen my husband in 5 years. If I wait 5 more, I can draw his SS if I live long enough, given it still exists, so

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Rachael wrote:I think I remember an old post from kenny revealing he was really a she. But no matter, divorce is tough on both genders.

Oh, good. I can quit with the gender neutral language then. Yes, Kenny is a she. I'm sure she's torn up about her divorce and I don't believe she's advertising herself to new prospects. I think that was just an unfortunate choice of words and an even more unfortunate choice of interpretation.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

David13 wrote:
paulrobots wrote:
David13 wrote:
paulrobots wrote:

Robot
dc

Some of us do know a lot about the circumstances and thus are quite sympathetic. Knowing a bit about Kenny I can assure you that it is not a "pity party".
If you don't know the situation, maybe it's best you just stay out of it. You seem to be one "not interested", therefore it would be best if you post nothing about it.
dc
Au contraire, I am interested to enough to check back here to see if there are any updates from the op (there aren't.) Furthermore, finding out that he is a she makes my original post even more funny. My good luck statement was genuine by the way.

I'm glad you know all about it, but I don't think it would be appropriate for you to give details. If kenney wants to, it would help the thread she started to move along better. If she was just reaching out, no problem, again, good luck.

One more thing, anyone who says all divorces are bad is naive. I ran into a girl I knew in HS 15 years later. She told me when she went to the courthouse to finalize her divorce, she couldn't keep the smile off her face. Every one else there was weeping and wailing, but for her it was such a relief to be done with that bad situation. It is this, and several other examples that makes me say, without details it's hard to know what to say.