Love Notes

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Love Notes

Post by A Random Phrase »

I am writing just to tell you folks how much I appreciate you. I enjoy many of the posts. Not too fond of the bickering, but I am fond of many of the posters (including those on the other side of the restorationist/snuffer debate). Many of you have given me insight, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the many threads.

Please - feel free to post your own love notes in this thread. I think we have more in common than not, for the most part.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Love Notes

Post by Joel »

Nothing but love for you ARP :YMHUG:

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Love all the thanks you give...

dipalipatil
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dipalipatil »

I love being a part of this community.

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

One love!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Toni, I'm grateful for your kind and calm responses throughout the years here and in many other places. I love you, my friend.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I love everyone on this board, even the ones I tend to disagree with. I would give my life (or share my food and blankets) for any one of you, if you asked me to, and I believe you would do the same for me. Probably some of us will be called on someday to do this very thing. Please forgive me if my old memory is fading me again, but wasn't it Neal A. Maxwell, when he realized he was dying from leukemia, who said something about praying for God to give him the courage to endure well to the end. May we all endure well to the end.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

If we were all in the prayer circle together, I probably would not sit down.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I still feel a kinship with many people on this board; still feel the same way I did when I made the opening post (which I made at the time I decided to take an internet break, and asked to be removed so I wouldn't be tempted to come back and stay on here for hours at a time). :ymhug:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Bump in case anyone else feels inclined to post a "love note" - or a "like note" - or a note of appreciation.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Silver Pie wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:01 am Bump in case anyone else feels inclined to post a "love note" - or a "like note" - or a note of appreciation.
I was actually thinking that I’d like to post a note of appreciation to you, Silver Pie. It’s people like you who are the glue that keeps a family together. My experience, here, has been that much better because of you. Thank you :D

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

:blush: I wasn't expecting that. Thank you.

I appreciate Semp's thread on the electric universe.

I appreciate a lot of posters (who I can't name because I'll miss someone) who respond civilly, kindly, and without rancor or attack towards those who disagree with them, or who even verbally attack them. They make the forum better, easier to read, and are good examples to me.
Pazooka wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:12 am
Silver Pie wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:01 am Bump in case anyone else feels inclined to post a "love note" - or a "like note" - or a note of appreciation.
I was actually thinking that I’d like to post a note of appreciation to you, Silver Pie. It’s people like you who are the glue that keeps a family together. My experience, here, has been that much better because of you. Thank you :D

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

I was recently thinking how much I appreciate you silver pie because you always thank my posts and that tiny contact makes me feel like someone heard what I wrote. I was thinking in your life review you will see the positive impact even your tiny efforts made.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Right back at you all.

But wait, what is wrong with bickering. Nothing at all.

It's the Socratic method.
dc

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

One reason I thank posts is to let the poster know they've been heard, especially if their comment seems to be lost or ignored amidst a conversation or war between other posters.
True wrote: March 14th, 2021, 8:51 pm I was recently thinking how much I appreciate you silver pie because you always thank my posts and that tiny contact makes me feel like someone heard what I wrote. I was thinking in your life review you will see the positive impact even your tiny efforts made.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

As long as no one is throwing out angry labels and accusations. I've seen intense discussions here and I've seen fighting. They aren't really the same.
David13 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 10:21 pm Right back at you all.

But wait, what is wrong with bickering. Nothing at all.

It's the Socratic method.
dc

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I do appreciate the kind words :heart: , however I never started the thread so it would be about me.