weekly tarot/astrology stuff....

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Rachael
Captain of whatever

Re: weekly tarot/astrology stuff....

Post by Rachael »

Oh wow, my Mom is a 4/22 though 1934 one. Give me a sec or two

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Rachael wrote:Oh wow, my Mom is a 4/22 though 1934 one. Give me a sec or two
I grew up with a girl in school that had the same birthday as me and we always were in the same classes. We couldn't have been more different. She was always so serious and me well I was always making sure I was having a good time! She was cool though, I made sure she had a good birthday every year :ymparty:

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Joel Sex M
Houston Heights, TX 48 United States 04/22/1979 14:30 - Julian day 2443986.35
Timezone -6.00 ST 4.10 Lat 29.48 Long 95.24

Planet Positions, Ascendant, & Houses

The following table shows the position of the planets in your chart, by sign and degree. On the right, you will find the sign of your Ascendant and the signs on the cusp of each house in your natal chart. The Roman Numerals refer to the houses, where the Ascendant is also the first house and the Midheaven is also the tenth house. For example, if the sign Taurus is next to Mars, you know your Mars is in Taurus. If the sign Libra is next to Venus, you know your Venus is in Libra. If Cancer is next to Ascendant, you have a Cancer Ascendant, and if Leo is next to II, Leo is on your 2nd house.

Zodiac : Tropical Placidus Orb : 0
Sun Taurus 2°07' Ascendant Virgo 6°00'
Moon Pisces 12°59' II Libra 2°15'
Mercury Aries 4°52' III Scorpio 2°14'
Venus Pisces 29°38' R IV Sagittarius 4°23'
Mars Aries 12°15' V Capricorn 6°31'
Jupiter Leo 0°12' VI Aquarius 7°15'
Saturn Virgo 7°19' R VII Pisces 6°00'
Uranus Scorpio 19°42' R VIII Aries 2°15'
Neptune Sagittarius 20°15' R IX Taurus 2°14'
Pluto Libra 17°28' R Midheaven Gemini 4°23'
Lilith Leo 21°18' XI Cancer 6°31'
Asc node Virgo 16°49' XII Leo 7°15'

Aspects

The following table shows the planetary aspects in your natal chart. Short interpretations are found below.

Planet Aspect Planet Orb Orb/Value
Sun Square Jupiter 1°55' -102
Sun Trine Saturn 5°12' 49
Sun Trine Ascendant 3°54' 51
Moon Opposition Saturn 5°40' -96
Moon Trine Uranus 6°42' 19
Moon Opposition Ascendant 6°59' -40
Mercury Conjunction Venus 5°14' 372
Mercury Conjunction Mars 7°23' 220
Mercury Trine Jupiter 4°40' 54
Venus Trine Jupiter 0°35' 145
Mars Opposition Pluto 5°13' -88
Saturn Conjunction Ascendant 1°19' 139
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2°47' 27
1076 -326 750

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Sun in Taurus

There is something very solid about Taurus natives, no matter what the rest of their charts say about them. Though they are dependable most of the time, this generally shows itself more in habit than in outright helpfulness.

Taurus natives are sensual folk--and this includes sex, but extends to pleasures in all areas: they delight in the sensual pleasures of food, a comfortable blanket, a richly colored aquarium to look at, the smell of flowers or spring rain, pleasing melodies coming from their stereos, and so forth. Some might even say they live through their senses more than most.

When Taurus natives work, they work hard. They do it with a steadiness that may rarely be considered quick--rather it's a dependable, plodding, and steady effort that has its payoffs. Security is immensely important to Taurus--some of them actively seek wealth, while others are content to be "comfortable". The Taurus definition of "comfortable" may not be exactly the same as the rest of the signs, but comfort is definitely a driving force.

Although hard-working, their fixed and comfort-loving nature sometimes makes them appear lazy. This is only because they separate work and leisure so well. When they work, they work hard, and when they play, they don't really "play" as such...they relax. A Solar Taurus who has kicked his or her feet up is rooted there--you'd be hard-pressed to get them to move. On a mental level, you'll likely have the same problem. Taureans stick with things and ideas, and therein lies one of the reasons why they are known for their stubbornness. Taurus is a fixed sign, and they have a fair measure of tradition and steadiness in their make-up that keeps them rooted.

The possessiveness associated with Taurus shows up in all areas of life in some way. Taurus likes to own things (and sometimes people). A nice home, a piece of land (this can be modest), a paid-off car, that aquarium mentioned earlier, a couple pets, maybe a solid business...In love and relationship, there is an earthy kind of possessiveness that may be considered jealousy by some, but there is actually quite a difference between being possessive and being jealous. Taurus natives are rarely jealous and petty. They do, however, think of the people they love as theirs--it adds to their sense of security.

Short description:

He is strong-willed. He has charm, and is tolerant and stoical. He likes pleasure and the good things in life. Appreciates the Arts.

Weaknesses: obstinacy, laziness. He can be materialistic.

/Ascendant in Virgo

People with Virgo rising are often a little understated in their personal mannerisms and appearance, although a lot depends on the position of Mercury (the ruling planet of Virgo) in the chart. Generally, there is an intelligent and reserved aura about Virgo rising individuals that is unmistakable. These are actually somewhat shy people who need time to analyze things around them before they warm up to both situations and people. This quality can be received exactly as that, or it can be received as a rather stand-offish, cool, and even critical manner (depending on the audience). One of the biggest personality traits of this position is body-awareness. People with Virgo ascendants are sensitive to any discomfort or other signals their body gives them. Many are especially interested and concerned with physical health, and some are attracted to mind-body awareness exercises such as yoga. Virgo rising people are often rather particular about food. Although some have good appetites, there can be an unmistakable pickiness about what they put in and on their bodies. Virgo ascendant natives have a tendency to worry a lot, especially when confronted with new situations. They notice the tiniest details that others overlook.

Many people with this position have a tendency to attract (or be attracted to) people who need help. Their relationships may be confusing as a result. Despite the Virgo rising tendency to appear rather collected and professional, relationships can sometimes be messy simply because these natives don't always see their partners and partnerships clearly. There's a quiet charm to many Virgo rising people. Once they have the chance to warm up to new people and situations, you'll find they have a lot to offer. They'll help you out of a jam, go out on a limb for you, and surprise you with a natural modesty under a somewhat critical and standoffish manner.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Moon in Pisces

Lunar Pisceans are known to be dreamy and not always in touch with reality. However, though these people may not always show real-world savvy in day-to-day, practical affairs, they make up for this with remarkable intuition. They can put themselves in anybody's shoes with extreme ease. On the plus side, this endows them with remarkable compassion and love. The down side with this apparent ability to break down boundaries is that these people can easily lose themselves in the suffering of others. Their sense of humor is delightfully silly and a bit odd. These are perceptive souls who seem to be in touch with all the nuances and subtleties of human nature. Often this comes through in a strong sense of humor that is more of the receptive kind than the type of sense of humor that would make people the "life of the party". It's generally pretty easy to get them giggling.

Moon in Pisces people may get tagged as spaced out, but there's a lot more to them than meets the eye. They feel things out, and rely on their intuition. It just doesn't feel right for them to do otherwise. Their dreaminess can mean plenty of moments of absent-mindedness. These times of oblivion can land them in all sorts of predicaments with others who can too easily misunderstand these complex souls. Without plenty of space and time to daydream, Pisces Moons easily get overloaded with life. Give them room to be alone with themselves, and they're generally able to take on the world--even if their style when they do so is not always conventional or understandable. Generally considered soft-hearted and sweet, Lunar Pisceans care about others and are easily touched by human suffering. This tendency gains them the reputation as suckers for sob stories. Although this may sometimes be true, many Lunar Pisceans learn, in their lifetimes, how to discern between sincerity and manipulation. Still, they definitely do have plenty of soft corners.

In personal relationships, Lunar Pisceans are giving and yielding. They are generally open on a sexual level, in a quiet way. Their fantasies can be far-reaching, intricate, and rich with emotion. Love is closely tied in with their sexuality. Most Lunar Pisceans are shy; they need a trustworthy lover to bring them out. There's a delightful accepting side to Moon in Pisces that is sometimes mistaken for weakness. Pisces is the twelfth and last sign of the zodiac, and thus carries with it a little of each sign of the zodiac. As a result, they see themselves reflected in the behavior of others, giving them seemingly boundless compassion. Since the Moon represents our instinctive nature, Moon in Pisces seems to know how things feel without actual experience. For example, they may have never had sex, but seem to know all about it -- even, or especially, the subtleties of it. The ones that aren't too shy make awesome actors and actresses. This ability to empathize even in the absence of experience gives them an open mind and heart. Most long to express this through writing, music (both listening and making), poetry, and art -- in fact, the happiest people with this position do just that. Though some are doormats, most Pisces Moon people instinctively know when they're due for a much-needed recharge. It's at these times that they retreat from the world (and its harsh realities) if only to gather strength to face everything and everyone again. Solitude is important to them, but they also need people, so their retreats will usually be short-lived. Pisces Moon individuals believe; and, let's face it, the world needs Piscean leaps of faith.

Short description:

Imaginative, sharp insights. He is impressionable, with an abundant imagination. Gentle, warm, humorous, artistic.

Weaknesses: troubles caused by too much sentimentality, worries, problems, unhealthy imagination, nervousness.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Rachael wrote: Taurus likes to own things (and sometimes people).
I need to work on this one :-$

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

OK, Joel, is it kinda accurate?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Rachael wrote:OK, Joel, is it kinda accurate?
Sure kinda! :) ....Well I would say probably less accurate then these peoples readings were for them:

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I have read a couple of my friends patriarchal blessings and we all had the same patriarch , we all got a patriarchal blessing within a year from each other. Our blessings were pretty similar but they had some differences. We thought our individual interviews with the patriarch before the actual blessing had some influence on the some of the major differences. But it turns out we are all pretty special people! I have wondered if patriarchal blessings are just the LDS version of an astrological reading :-??

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

More astronomy than astrology, Jupiter at opposition:

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Joel wrote:
Rachael wrote:Joel what's your sign? (Moon sign too, and ascendant) yeah I will get buffeted prolly, but curiosity kill's cats, and me
Taurus \M/

Moon sign? Not sure, I never heard of it. Can I go to a palm reader have them take a look at my butt and have them tell me? :D
This site will tell you, for free, what your signs are (there are a lot more than three).
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/h ... chart.html

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Dang, Rachael, you've got Joel covered. I was going to put his info into cafe astrology and share what it said. No need to now. You were very thorough. :)

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Lol, I did the same as you, put his info in cafeastrology. I used to be into this stuff, used to be on dxp boards too. I deleted my account there several years ago, though

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

I find astrology very interesting. Sometimes it seems spot on. Other times not so much. For example: Libra is indecisive because of the scales (have to weigh everything). Cancer is indecisive because, like a crab, they move back or sideways to get their goal. Gemini is indecisive because it is twins. And so on.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Yeah it gets more complex than general sunsign descriptions. You also have to consider the moon, ascendant, and the degrees of the three: Sun, moon, ascd, in their particular sign; are the signs' qualities mutable, fixed or cardinal; also the houses they are in; aspects like conjunctions, squares, oppositions, triines; basic characteristics of the planets; the characteristics of the 4 elements ( which are water, fire, earth, and air, and then see how the aforementioned mutable/fixed/cardinal qualities combine with that) ; and stuff like was Pluto or some other outer planet doing something at the particular time, which gets into generational stuff ( like gen. X or Y, millenials, etc). Too complex for me after awhile, and it can get addictive. I have enough problems with that already
Last edited by Rachael on March 9th, 2016, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

11:11 but that's another thread

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

sushi_s understanding astrology is like this jewish views: "....the way which astrology is practised rather than astrology per se. Intention is everything."
http://www.kabbalahsociety.org/wp/artic ... gy-clarke/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Rachael wrote:Yeah it gets more complex than general sunsign descriptions.
Yes, very much so. When I was a teenager, my mother became interested in astrology - did the charts for everyone. Every so often, I would buy a detailed book - then, I would "repent" and toss the book. There was one series all about each sun sign (one fat book was about one sun sign; obviously 12 books in the series). You could buy a very large, fat book that would go into detail about all of the aspects, planets, and so forth. I wish I hadn't thrown that one away.

In any case, it was when I went in depth that I realized I was fairly equally pulled by both Leo and Cancer (I think 4 of each sign). Oh, joy. I'm either a self-centered show-off or an unpredictably moody moon-child - or some strange combination of the two. (Earlier books said I had a Cancer moon - but books in the last, oh, about twenty years, said I was a Scorpio moon. Not sure if that is better.) Of course, another option is that it's all just entertaining nonsense.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

None of the popular astrologers usually say many positive things about Scorpio, but I know some very kind, altruistic ones, and some very bad ones. As a Sun Scorp, I'd go with the Cancer/Leo thing

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Yeah, scorpio is all about venom - being mean on purpose. Other signs can soften that, though (coming from an angle of belief in astrology).

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »