A Portrait of an American Youth

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Jew
captain of 50

A Portrait of an American Youth

Post by Jew »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 ... ideosearch

A Kentucky boy's toy radar gun scares speeders,he does it as a hobby, dreams to force people to bow down to the power of the state, in other words he wants to be a cop. His parents seem to be all for it. :evil:

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Re: A Portrait of an American Youth

Post by ldsff »

Jew wrote:http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 ... ideosearch

A Kentucky boy's toy radar gun scares speeders,he does it as a hobby, dreams to force people to bow down to the power of the state, in other words he wants to be a cop. His parents seem to be all for it. :evil:

Hey Jew!
I always love saying that.

My family has a lot of cops in it ....I agree totally...cop jobs are evil today. My cousin thinks I am wrong but he is getting paid for his views.

Check out these:

Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Don't Talk to Cops, Part 2 ---From the pig himself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

Did you catch that, a pig said that thay can lie to trap you. Here is the difference you lie you will go to jail....pigs lie they get a paycheck. Cops are agents of evil. Watch out.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

I seen all of these. I think cops can serve people but on the flip side they are scary when you mess up.

Jew
captain of 50

Post by Jew »

ldsff wrote:
Jew wrote:http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 ... ideosearch

Hey Jew!
I always love saying that.

My family has a lot of cops in it ....I agree totally...cop jobs are evil today. My cousin thinks I am wrong but he is getting paid for his views.

Check out these:

Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Don't Talk to Cops, Part 2 ---From the pig himself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

Did you catch that, a pig said that thay can lie to trap you. Here is the difference you lie you will go to jail....pigs lie they get a paycheck. Cops are agents of evil. Watch out.
Well I caught that I am not surprised. I wondered about a couple of cops in my ward. I have known that they can lie to do their job....As far as I know they are in good standing in the church.

I have a cop living down the street from me. He said he loves the chance to beat on people and chase them and to use his taser....I play nice when I am around him, but I think he is just scum.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

ROB GIBBSEN wrote:I seen all of these. I think cops can serve people but on the flip side they are scary when you mess up.

Just remember Satan in the temple video...he was so nice to pick the fruit for Adam and Eve....judging from your pic I bet you already knew that.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

ldsff wrote:
ROB GIBBSEN wrote:I seen all of these. I think cops can serve people but on the flip side they are scary when you mess up.

Just remember Satan in the temple video...he was so nice to pick the fruit for Adam and Eve....judging from your pic I bet you already knew that.
Good point ...I never look at it that way.

fck
captain of 50

Post by fck »

Crazy...the youtube vids......my lips are sealed my I am in your USA.

the kid.....he's a kid. parents should show the youtube vids to the kid.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Calling them pigs doesn't seem real productive. While I have come across many a haughty police officer, I don't think it's fair to blame them. We've become so mamby pamby that we can't take care of anything ourselves. Until the public is willing to step up and take personal responsibility we can expect more of this and other tax paid programs.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

ChelC wrote:Calling them pigs doesn't seem real productive. While I have come across many a haughty police officer, I don't think it's fair to blame them. We've become so mamby pamby that we can't take care of anything ourselves. Until the public is willing to step up and take personal responsibility we can expect more of this and other tax paid programs.

I do blame them for putting themselves in the position they have. We all make choices. Cops are not the victims.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

I don't think I'm as willing to let the bad cops off as easily as ChelC. But discerning between cause and effect is tricky sometimes.

One point, however. I know lots and lots of cops. Almost invariably, the jerks are the younger ones. They all seem to want the adrenaline cowboy image. (The exception are the SWAT guys and undercover narcs. Almost all of them are jerks, be they young or old.)

But most of those seasoned, older guys (even older than me, ChelC), who have been on the job a while, are great guys. Their first impulse is to calm things down rather than bust heads.

If I were king, all new police recruits would be on parking ticket duty until they demonstrated a very high level of maturity--even if it took years and years.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

(even older than me, ChelC),
Come on jbalm, we all know that's not possible! :wink:

jnjnelson
captain of 100

Post by jnjnelson »

ldsff wrote:Cops are agents of evil. Watch out.
I completely disagree. Unless, that is, that this is also true every other child of God, that we are all also agents of evil. This kind of extreme, subjective statement does not help in discussions of truth.

There are cops who commit sin, and those actions are evil. However, the position of law enforcement is a necessary and righteous part of any society. Cops are people, whose actions are both good and evil. We should each do our best to treat every cop as a fellow brother or sister; with love, patience, and compassion. We all should also be very thankful for the efforts of cops who protect us from those who would take away our freedom by committing crimes against us.

This being said, it is important for every cop to maintain constant vigilance against the natural tendency to exercise unrighteous dominion. Any position of government is a position of authority, and the policeman position seems to open more avenues for an individual to be more susceptible to abusing that authority than many other positions. Every cop would do well to constantly and consistently remind themselves "that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion" (see D&C 121:39.)

I have often witnessed a law enforcement officer disobey the law while in the capacity of enforcing the law. It is this double standard that is inherently evil, not the position of police officer. Any officer in government, including any police officer, who thinks they are above the law is violating this true principle and should find alternative employment until they can change the way they think.

Before I judge all cops to be evil, I would do good to remember Matthew 7:2
Matthew 7:2 wrote:For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

fck
captain of 50

Post by fck »

jnjnelson wrote:
ldsff wrote:Cops are agents of evil. Watch out.
I completely disagree. Unless, that is, that this is also true every other child of God, that we are all also agents of evil. This kind of extreme, subjective statement does not help in discussions of truth.

There are cops who commit sin, and those actions are evil. However, the position of law enforcement is a necessary and righteous part of any society. Cops are people, whose actions are both good and evil. We should each do our best to treat every cop as a fellow brother or sister; with love, patience, and compassion. We all should also be very thankful for the efforts of cops who protect us from those who would take away our freedom by committing crimes against us.

This being said, it is important for every cop to maintain constant vigilance against the natural tendency to exercise unrighteous dominion. Any position of government is a position of authority, and the policeman position seems to open more avenues for an individual to be more susceptible to abusing that authority than many other positions. Every cop would do well to constantly and consistently remind themselves "that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion" (see D&C 121:39.)

I have often witnessed a law enforcement officer disobey the law while in the capacity of enforcing the law. It is this double standard that is inherently evil, not the position of police officer. Any officer in government, including any police officer, who thinks they are above the law is violating this true principle and should find alternative employment until they can change the way they think.

Before I judge all cops to be evil, I would do good to remember Matthew 7:2
Matthew 7:2 wrote:For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
FYI ldsff never said cops were evil. Please do not twist intent...just ask him what he means.... :|

jnjnelson
captain of 100

Post by jnjnelson »

fck wrote:FYI ldsff never said cops were evil. Please do not twist intent...just ask him what he means.... :|
The same advice could be stated for all who read my comments. Did I say ldsff said cops were evil? I hereby echo the same suggestion to avoid twisting intent - always good advice.