Bad vibes - I'm out

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
ShineOn
captain of 100

Bad vibes - I'm out

Post by ShineOn »

Something's happened to this site the past few weeks. Camaraderie is declining and the times when I feel edified have really gone down. I'm talking in general here, there are of course exceptions. There are too many threads on the same topics on the incomes tax, how stupid members are, users preaching to each other, etc. I think many users have sort of clammed up and are not as open as they used to be. Of course, the problem may be me (I'm sure someone will remind me of that), or maybe I'm too sensitive. So this is just FYI. I think I'm done here. Good luck to you all. I wish you well.

Bridgey
captain of 100

Re: Bad vibes - I'm out

Post by Bridgey »

I agree with you. Feel much the same in some circumstances, but not all. Sometimes wonder whether this site hurts testimonies vs strengthing them. But I'd rather stick around and see if I can help promote positive change and if not I still see it as a source of good clean info re: the NWO vs that of the Prisonplanet.tv forum.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Please don't go. Just lay low for a while.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

A lot of us have had the same frustrations. At the risk of being pounded I'll say what I think it is. We used to have few numbers, and we quickly corrected one another when we got out of hand. Now we have people come out of the woodwork and add to the discussions when they get out of hand instead of shutting them down. We don't have as many postings about theoretical questions backed with scripture as we used to have. We've turned into a site for beefs rather than for learning. I'm guilty of joining a lot of the stupider (is that a word) conversations.

We've had a lot of people leaving or posting infrequently for various reasons that we've discussed before. Maybe we can't fight the change anymore. It would be fun to have a private discussion place for all the old timers. Then we can find out if it's just us.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Agreed ShineOn. I just don't know of any other sites to go to. If anyone knows of one or starts a new one :wink: please pm me (if I'm invited). There's been a few topics I've wanted to discuss but haven't felt comfortable doing so. Not that this is a bad site, just not what it once was. 8)

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

That's actually a pretty good idea, ChelC.

I've seen a lot of forums that have a "members only" area in which only selected people can participate. It might be worth a look.

On the other hand, if I'm not one of the people allowed into that area, then its really a stupid idea that violates my Constitutional right to make everyone read whatever crap I decide to post.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

ShineOn wrote:Something's happened to this site the past few weeks. Camaraderie is declining and the times when I feel edified have really gone down. I'm talking in general here, there are of course exceptions. There are too many threads on the same topics on the incomes tax, how stupid members are, users preaching to each other, etc. I think many users have sort of clammed up and are not as open as they used to be. Of course, the problem may be me (I'm sure someone will remind me of that), or maybe I'm too sensitive. So this is just FYI. I think I'm done here. Good luck to you all. I wish you well.

Well I am the biggest offender here so I am sorry. I will repent. An opposing view causes me to actually think and research and become more firm in my beliefs regarding the principles of gospel. I know I am a tease but I will cool it. I never meant to offend anyone. Life is for change.

I like this quote
"We are expected to commit all kinds of sins here, and also discover them. We are supposed to dig the nitty-gritty out of the rug, so to speak. We are sent here, going on
for eternity (and eternity is a long time), but we can't go on as defective vessels. If there is anything seriously wrong with our character, we want to find it out and get rid of it before we get launched on that tremendous project we are after. This is the place
to find out all the dirty, nasty, little sides of our nature; it is the only place we can, because we are not in the presence of God and angels here, and it is possible for us to sin. So when God says to Adam, "We shall leave you now, but we shall visit you again"-as soon as he turns, who pops up? Satan. He says, "Aha! Here I am. Now we can really put Adam to the test." Satan is there to try him and to tempt him and us, but only if we are left here. We are supposed to find out all the dirtiness, the weakness, the sinfulness of our nature; and that is what keeps us repenting all the time until we reach the state
of perfect grace and truth. Let us remember, the Only Begotten is full of grace and truth. When we reach that state, it will be just dandy. We can stop repenting, I suppose. But do we realize what that means? What grace, love, complete love for everything, and truth
are?"( Hugh Nibley)

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I wish I knew how to make a website. I can make a yahoo group, that's about as much as I know how to do.

By the way Rob, no, the site has been different for a long time, it's not you. Or at least not just you! :lol: Only kidding!

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I just noticed that most of us whiners are the November 06ers. 'Cept jbalm, but we already knew he was old. :wink: Oj and Bridgey, but didn't you have another user name before? Or am I just confused?

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

I just see it as growing pains. It will adjust, and just like there are 7 second pauses in conversations, I think that there are ups and downs in forums. If we want it to be different, then we can make it so. Post more of what you want to see, and we will all try to support what you post. :) At least I will. :)

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

P.S. having a place to blow of steam and have friends help you see clearly again is not a bad thing.