Allergies...

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
ChelC
The Law

Allergies...

Post by ChelC »

Have any of you had allergy shots? If so how did they work for you? Today is my final test. I should have had this done years ago, but it confirms what I've suspected. I'm allergic to almost everything!

They first did a scratch test and checked 48 different things. I reacted to at least 3/4 of them. The ones I didn't react to I'm getting an intradermal test for. I had one on Tuesday, and my final one today. Of the eight intradermals I had Tuesday, I reacted to 6.

So far I'm allergic to all types of grasses, weeds, most trees, wheat pollen (does that mean I'm allergic to wheat, or just the dust and pollen?) cats (which we always had until three years ago), dogs, rabbits, cockroaches and a bunch of other crap. I also found out that I have mild and intermittent asthma which my doc says is the one that most frequently kills people, because they don't seek treatment. Scary because recently when my husband and I were transferring wheat from bags to buckets, I had what I now know is an asthma attack. I broke out in hives, could hardly breathe, my lungs sort of itched and hurt at the same time... then I just laughed at myself and my husband thought I was a pansy. :lol: So now I get to be one of those allergy nerds with an inhaler.

So anyway, I'm fed up enough with my constant allergy symptoms that I'm getting allergy shots. If you had them, how successful were they and how long did it take to get there?

ChelC
The Law

Re: Allergies...

Post by ChelC »

I did better today, I only reacted to 5 of the 10 allergens I was tested for. Corn is one of my favorite foods and I'm allergic to it. Bread is one of my top weaknesses and I'm allergic to wheat. I guess wheat pollen and wheat are tested seperately and I reacted to both. I'm also allergic to peanuts. I guess my food allergies are mild enough that my face doesn't swell up when I eat them, but they could be to blame for fatigue and stuff like that. I am not allergic to eggs or milk... yipee!

I'm doing the accelerated program which means I will go in twice a week for six weeks and then once every three weeks for three years (!) or something like that. This better work...

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

ChelC,

Before we moved to ND I was tested for allergies. The conclusion was that the ONLY thing I am NOT allergic to is goat's milk.

I have not had anaphylactic reactions which is what your doctor seems to be talking about, but I have had a lot of other allergic reactions you describe.

Some of us are more prone to becoming allergic. I think it has to do with over exposure to something which sets up an over active immune response. Exposure to one thing can trigger a response that will make our immune system react to just about everything.

The first thing I would do is to eliminate any harsh chemical exposure - such as chlorine (bleach - including swimming in chlorinated pools), anything with formaldehyde (carpeting, pressed board, composition flooring, etc), any petroleum products (fertilizers, pesticides, diesel fuel, herbicides), perfumes, perfumed products (including laundry soap & antistatic dryer sheets), as many chemical additives and industrial food products as you can.

Find out if the sacks of wheat have bromide or some other chemical dust as a pesticide.

Try not to eat the same thing two days in a row.

Fast drinking distilled water once a week.

Don't go outdoors when it is hazy, smoggy, temperature inversion, crop dusting the nearby farm, neighbor spraying Round-up, etc.

Limit or eliminate your exposure to electromagnetic frequencies like cell phones, cordless phones, wireless computer connection, cell towers, high tension power lines, etc.

Get a good ionizer. I bought several NeoTec anion generators in 2002 and they are still working great. I sleep much better with one in the room. http://www.neotecstore.com/

I would really try to control your allergic reactions without or with as little medication as possible.

I would ask for a Priesthood Blessing and then follow your own inspiration and spiritual guidance on how to help your body.

I have found that activated charcoal made into a paste and immediately applied to insect bites and bee stings will eliminate an allergic reaction.

Allergies are your body's response to the environment in which you live. You can modify your environment to ease your body's reactions. It took me several years to come away from a level of extreme toxicity when I was over exposed to photo chemicals while working as a lab tech. Once your body is in extreme reaction mode you need to back off from a lot of things in order for it to settle down and heal. Once you break the 'reaction' cycle you can reintroduce foods gradually along with mild chemicals - like vinegar for cleaning - without the allergic reaction.

I found help through prayer and being led to a book that helped me understand how dangerous our modern environment is for our bodies. It was published in 1980 but may be updated. It is: Why Your House May Endanger Your Health, by Alfred V. Zamm, M.D. with Robert Gannon, A Touchstone Book published by Simon & Schuster.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

I was told I was allergic to many things as a child. I eat then all still. Peanuts still tend to make me irritable.

I am just a rebel without a cause.