A rare combination in people

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
ShineOn
captain of 100

A rare combination in people

Post by ShineOn »

I was thinking recently about people I know and how some of them are really good people, but they aren't prepared. And how some people are prepared, but they kind of are, uh, not as nice as maybe they could be. It seems to me that there are three aspects in a person that are rarely combined:

1. Courage
2. Being nice
3. Having correct understanding of world events.

Now for #3, what I mean is that there are major problems, secret combinations, evil and conspiring men, etc. and things are not always what they seem.

I know some people that are nice and have courage, but for maybe the wrong things. They fight city hall about zoning, but not the IRS or false intelligence that led us to war.

I know some people who have courage and have the correct (all right, the same as me) world-view, but they bug me and I don;t really like dealing with them for much.

I know some people who are nice and understand what's going on in the world, but are afraid to really acknowledge it and do something about it, or prepare for hard times because of it.

I am aware that no one, me included, is perfect. But I still think these three aspects are rare, and it's what I would like to see in more people.

John Adams
captain of 1,000

Re: A rare combination in people

Post by John Adams »

Interesting thread. I've been thinking about the same thing lately in relation to some people that I work with (I'm constantly thinking about "preparedness" and am always wondering how people would get along during a crisis event). Anyway, in relation to the person I'm thinking about, I'm so impressed with their knowledge of things that I feel would be so important during "difficult" times, but at the same time wonder how they would do during "difficult" times since they seem to struggle being "nice" to people even during good times.

To get through the things that are coming (even the things that are already here), we obviously will need certain resources and talents, but I also would like to include one of the greatest talents of all is just being "nice". Is that too much to ask?