Baby boy on the way - need help with names

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Baby boy on the way - need help with names

Post by Steve Clark »

My wife and I are having our first baby in June. From the ultrasounds we have had, it's definitely a boy!

We aren't feeling too compelled towards any name in particular. We like a couple different names, but now we are thinking about Nathan Michael Clark.

Any feedback on this or suggestions for others? Thanks.

ShawnC
Minion

Re: Baby boy on the way - need help with names

Post by ShawnC »

Herpsel Banrack Mertle Clark III

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

ShawnC wrote:Herpsel Banrack Mertle Clark III

Thanks, but that one's already taken by my uncle. I guess we could go with IV, but it doesn't have the same flare.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Boys names are hard! I like single syllable names personally because I think they sound strong. I like James, that is our son's middle name. I like my husband's name, Seth. We named our other son Luke, debated between that and Jake. I really like the name Cole, but my husband hates it. He likes Virgil though, which is very plainly a dog's name. I like Abe, but I have a nephew Gabe, so that was out.

I think the name you have is a good one. You always have to think of the rhymes kids will use to tease with (or mean mom's - I call my son pukey luke, or when he was a baby and had reflux he was Luke, Luke, the Duke of Puke).

Nathan doesn't rhyme with much, that's good.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Bud.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

oops-double tap.

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

We started off with Logan and still kind of like it. Which is better - Logan or Nathan?

Chelsea - I'd like to meet the duke some day. That's hilarious.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

I chose names based on their meanings, that might help you decide.

The boy's and girl's name Logan \l(o)-gan\ is pronounced LOH-gan. It is of Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "hollow". From the word "lag". In Chinese, the name means "little hollow".

The boy's name Nathan \n(a)-than\ is pronounced NAY-than. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has given". Biblical: Nathan was God's prophet during the reigns of David and Solomon. American Revolutionary hero Nathan Hale; critic George Jean Nathan; actor Nathan Lane.

Nathan also means "Gift from God"

So, I personally like Nathan. :)

Michael is:

The boy's and girl's name Michael \m(i)-chael\ is pronounced MYE-kal. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "who resembles God". Biblical: Michael is the archangel (chief or principal angel) who defeats the dragon.

I like Hebrew Origin names a LOT (all of my children are) I find it symbolic of the future.

So your son would be "Gift from God", "Who resembles God", [Clark=Cleric or Clerk]

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

And just for the sake of discussion here are my children's:

1. "God is Light" "Of Mary"
Aulora Mae

2. "Gentle Soul" "Of the meadowland"
Alma Leland

3. "Pure in Heart" "A flower" (Rose, which is symbolic of the virgin Mary)
Zion Rose
4. "The Lord Hath Remembered" "One with Rock-like strength"
Zachariah Arthur

We all have our Cherokee names, my husband his Wampanoag.

Great Spirit (me)
White rabbit (my husband)
Little Mother
First to Fight
Little Cat
Strong Lion

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I would vote Nathan also.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

My wife and I are expecting a boy in the next few weeks. My daughter Kamryn likes Trevor, but my son Kaden Likes Superman, and he's pretty darned set on that name.

With your last name being Clark, you could name him Kent. Clark, Kent. Not bad??

ChelC is right with the rhyming thing. I knew a kid named Tucker. School wasn't good to him.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

shadow wrote:I knew a kid named Tucker. School wasn't good to him.
:oops: Why not? :wink:
My sons name is Jaden. Without doing a search on google I have no idea what it means. I could give you some meanings of my own though :D

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

As Chel will tell you...Seth the son of Adam, was a perfect man as the scripture says in D&C 107:43.

I like names that aren't used much, I don't care much for common names such as my own unless they are family names.

I can't imagine what I would name another son, it was hard enough with them. Theirs are definitely seldom heard names.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Yes, Seth enjoys his name. :lol:

Once when I was with Seth a guy was telling him how unusual his name was, and he'd never heard it before. Kind of funny since it was what, the fifth name on earth?

My mom told me when I was a kid that they saw my name on a bottle of beer. Nice. And all you get when you look up my name is:

Chelsea: a port of ships.

That would perhaps have been great if I were well known at a seaside brothel, but...

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

There was a girl in the mission who's last name was Cazier. There was a guy out therefrom her home town too. Back home it was pronounced cuh-zare, but out there is magically changed to caz-E-A with a french accent.

You could make your name french and tell people your name is shell-sea and you just really like the ocean.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Oak3s wrote:
Because it rhymes with sucker.

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:There was a girl in the mission who's last name was Cazier. There was a guy out therefrom her home town too. Back home it was pronounced cuh-zare, but out there is magically changed to caz-E-A with a french accent.

You could make your name french and tell people your name is shell-sea and you just really like the ocean.

My wife's maiden name is Cazier. She went on a mission to Macon, Georgia. She has a sister who went to Spain on a mission also. Could this possibly be who you refer to?

Shawn

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Jeremy went to Philly.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Oak3s wrote:
My sons name is Jaden. Without doing a search on google I have no idea what it means. I could give you some meanings of my own though :D

Jaden

The name Jaden is a baby boy name. The name Jaden comes from the Hebrew origin. In Hebrew The meaning of the name Jaden is: Jehovah has heard. A Biblical name.