Inspiring quote from Ansel Adams...

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
ChelC
The Law

Inspiring quote from Ansel Adams...

Post by ChelC »

I was watching a documentary about Ansel Adams which I found very interesting in part because of his hyperactivity and difficulties as a child which led to his removal from a traditional school setting by his Father. The things his Dad did to further his education in a completely non traditional way directly led to the course of his life and finding a career which may never have happened otherwise.

I've been thinking about the quote from Monson I think, about kids being so busy because their spirits are too big for their bodies, and I wonder sometimes if this could very well be true and that the very kids that have the hardest time fitting in and who are often discarded by society, are the ones who are sent to change the world. How many little sparks have we smothered for non conformity?

Here is the quote that made me want to do better with my own spirited son:
"I often wonder at the strength and courage my father had in taking me out of the traditional school situation and providing me with these extraordinary learning experieces. I am certain he established the positive direction of my life that otherwise, given my native hyperactivity, could have been confused and catastropic. I trace who I am and the direction of my development to those years of growing up in our house on the dunes, propelled especially by an internal spark tenderly kept alive and glowing by my father."

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Inspiring quote from Ansel Adams...

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

Thomas Edison was much the same.